You done little it wrong cause You get a link to Your album instead to image :) You need to right click on image and copy image address :)

strange, I have no image option when I right click on either the thumbnail or the picture when I left click it open.

my options are;

Open link

Open link in new Tab

Open link in New Window

Save Target As

Print Target as

----------------------

Save Picture

Save Pictrure As

Email Picture

Print Picture

Go To My Pictures

Set as Background

----------------------

cut

copy

copy shortcut (the first one I have tried)

paste

----------------------

add to favorites

----------------------

Properties

Alright, let me see if I can help you. You're trying to take pictures from the Gallery, correct?

Okay, get to one of your individual photos in the gallery. Scroll down.

Now, you can directly copy the Image BBCode: (the wed address starting with image.php?album_id=18&image_id=75&mode=thumbnail

OR, you can copy Image-URL:, and put it between img /img (make sure to put those both in [])to get (the complete picture):

image.php?album_id=18&image_id=75

Alright, let me see if I can help you. You're trying to take pictures from the Gallery, correct?

Okay, get to one of your individual photos in the gallery. Scroll down.

I think I'm missing something. I do not see anything related to the addy scrolling down to the bottom of the screen. A URL appears on the border if I hover my mouse pointer on the thumbnail.

When I click the picture, the screen turns black, and the picture unfolds on the screen. I right click and end up with the mucked up addy I put up as an example n my last post.

I am using Internet Explorer for this board. I'll try this with Firefox after I post...

*edit*

Okay, Firefox seems to have an extra line that lets me check image info, but I see nothing about the thumbnail's BB code,

Alright, when you're looking at an Album, under each photo there should be a few things listed.

Imagename:

Uploaded by:

Uploaded:

Views:

Rating:

Comments:

(It looks a bit different if you're looking at the front page of the Gallery section rather than an Album).

ANYWAY, right next to Imagename: there should be a clickable title. Click the title, THEN scroll down. The links I talked about above should be there.

Alright, when you're looking at an Album, under each photo there should be a few things listed.

(snip)

ANYWAY, right next to Imagename: there should be a clickable title. Click the title, THEN scroll down. The links I talked about above should be there.

Ohhh THERE it is. :o

Lets see if this works...

image.php?album_id=75&image_id=356&mode=thumbnail

(edit)

YAYYYY! Thank you! :)

(does a full minute of Twilight Sparkle "Yesyesyesyes...etc." )

• 1 month later...

All right, here we go again, testing with Snails...

http://www.canterlot...terlot-snails1/

Looking into it, a profile image cannot be anymore than 200kb, there is no restriction on size in pixel dimension, just in file size. Your snails pic was 330kb and thus "too large" in file size.

I optimized it for you so it is only 147kb; save this one and give it a shot (just click to open it in full size in a window and click the save icon).

post-69-0-09655800-1314829562_thumb.jpg

Looking into it, a profile image cannot be anymore than 200kb, there is no restriction on size in pixel dimension, just in file size. Your snails pic was 330kb and thus "too large" in file size.

I optimized it for you so it is only 147kb; save this one and give it a shot (just click to open it in full size in a window and click the save icon).

Thank you very much for making a profile image icon of it for me. :D

Now does BB code work or still exist here? I was hoping to see the snails pic appear automatically instead of the address when I posted it. will I have to add the tags manually? (speaking as someone unfamiliar with codes and tags)

Thank you very much for making a profile image icon of it for me. :grin:

Now does BB code work or still exist here? I was hoping to see the snails pic appear automatically instead of the address when I posted it. will I have to add the tags manually? (speaking as someone unfamiliar with codes and tags)

No problem. The BBCode is fully functional although some of the code in old posts didn't translate properly and will need to be edited to fix that, also internal links didn't make it over, so those will have to be updated, but the BBCode is fully functional. If you uploaded and added the snails pic as your icon it should remain so.

Ok, so how do I make a picture appear in the message body of a post now? I cant find the BB codes for some reason.

In the top left of your posting box, there is a "Toggle editing mode" button.

Basically what Tales said here. That toggle (in the most upper-left corner) switches between "raw" mode where you would enter BBcode manually (like typing HTML on Notepad) and WYSWYG mood where you can use the buttons to insert everything. In the WYSWYG mode there is an image button to insert images from an URL, you can also add image attachments you can upload directly from your hard drive.

Yes, I'm trying to figure out how it's done with the new version... Oh! I just finally found the photo icon buried down by the youtube and twitter icons. Trying it just brought up an error that that extension is not allwed to be used within this community (Wha?)

*edit*

Hmmm doing a "quote" on the successful post says it's linked to rarity.com... (heads off to the gallery to investigate)

Yes, I'm trying to figure out how it's done with the new version... Oh! I just finally found the photo icon buried down by the youtube and twitter icons. Trying it just brought up an error that that extension is not allwed to be used within this community (Wha?)

*edit*

Hmmm doing a "quote" on the successful post says it's linked to rarity.com... (heads off to the gallery to investigate)

This is what I did step by step.

1. Went to your Snips Gallery image here

2. Clicked on it so it would open up as a full sized preview

3. Click and dragged that preview to my browser's tab menu (bar) to make a new tab, which got me this

4. Copied that URL (the one is step 3) and clicked the image button in my post reply to you in WYSWYG mode and entered the URL, and I got this:

gallery_530_24_264945.jpg

The raw code for the image above is:

[img=http://www.missrarity.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_24/gallery_530_24_264945.jpg]

"missrarity" is just another domain name for the Canterlot server (the original domain name).

I hope that helps.