Twilight, Pain of a Princess [sign-up in OOC]

Sign-up

Plot: 1000 years have passed since Twilight became an Alicorn and became the Princess of Frienship with her castle in Ponyville, and many prosperous years came from that event. Discord, though technically reformed, was finally accepted throughout all of Ponyville, he resided with Fluttershy and gave up his chaotic ways after seeing the destruction and harm it had caused with lord Tirek. Soon after Chrysalis and her changlings, which were in a considerably smaller number, arrived at Ponyville to ask for peace, and though it was a long and hard process, they were eventually accepted into society and given there own town of Shiftington, the capital city of the Changlings, and live in peace with the other ponies. Changlings have integrated well with society and most have found love and a family, all except Chrysalis, who is contempt in waiting. But those years of happiness ended as life finally crashed on Twilight, her years with her friends were coming to an end, with Applejack soon taking Granny Smith's place as she passed, and Rainbow Dash taking Spitfire's place as Spitfire retires to live a family life, Rarity grows up and moves to Manehatten to become a super fashion designer, and Pinkie Pie takes over the Cake's business as they move away to have a peaceful life claiming that Ponyville was becoming to popular now. And as the years go by it hurts Twilight more as her friends pass on, leaving her alone as life goes on, but she holds in these emotions and hides them from every other pony, so that no pony worries about her. But after the passing of Fluttershy and seeing everyone, even Discord, in morning, she breaks down and hides within her castle. She hides for many years with Spike, but eventually even he passes, the Princess's come from time to time and she plays it off as if she is just meditating and all is well, and though unsure, they believe her and leave her be. Now after so many many years Twilight has come back out, but she isn't the same, she is sad and lonely, after hundreds and hundreds of years of solitude she is broken. The Princesses see the pain she has endured and the toll that it has taken on her, but all they can do is watch and wait, hoping the ponies of the new generation will be warm to her and cheer up her broken and sad heart, but is she too far gone already...

Twilight sighs as she sits upon her bed within her room, located on the top-most floor of her castle, the once bright and happy Princess of magic and friendship was staring blankly out her window and at the city below. Her eyes were bloodshot still from the many years of tears she had cried as she suffered loosing her friends, one by one, until it was just her and spike, and it wasn't to harsh, but all good things come to an end. When spike passed, even with the lifespan of a dragon, she was crushed and lost, she felt into a slump of depression and utter defeat. The Princess visited when they could but Twilight would fake a smile and cheer to make them less suspicious, but as time when on they saw past this and tried to console her, this made her angry, claiming they had no idea the pain she suffered and has, since then, locked her castle and used spells to keep others from teleporting inside. She will still get letters from Celestia that she sends over but they stack up in the corner and are never read, she knows what they say, all of the others don't get it though, they never will.

​Then, one day, she received a different letter, it was Pink, with a frilly heart ribbon, this indicated clearly it was from Cadence and Shining Armor, the two whom had been quiet for quite some time. She cautiously opened it and began to read. This letter was different, unlike the sympathy letters of Celestia, this one was a bit harsh but blunt, clearly written by Shining Armor:

Dear Twiliy,

You may not think I know what your going through, but I do, in fact I know it all to well, because I lost a sister. Twilight, ever since you locked yourself away due to the passing of your friends and Spike, I lost you, you never visit or write, the sister I once knew, is dead to me. You were so close and happy to me, and that sweet sister is gone, your a cold, sad, depressing pony and it is no pony I am about to visit. Twilight it's time to grow up, I'm going to be harsh and blunt about it, it's called tough love, and it's something I'm not proud of using, but it has come to that point. You sitting and sulking over the loss of your friends and Spike is doing nothing for you or anyother pony, all it does is hurt you, it's time to move on. It has been 200 years since Spike was lost to you and even more years since your friends passed, and this is how you remember them? Do you think your friends want you to just sulk and cry about there passing, no they don't, they want you to move on, live a normal life! Your an older mare now, it's time you act our age, grow up, move on, and visit the new generation, times have changed, but you haven't. It's time you do change though, for you, for me, for all of Ponyville and Equestria, they need a Princess and you need them. So just give it a shot, go meet some new ponies, make some friends, and have grand adventures once more, like you used to. Just becasue they are not the Element bearing friends you once knew does not mean they are not friends you will love to the end.

Sighed,

B.B.B.F.F Shining Armor

Twilight stood, completely shocked by what she read but sighed and closed her eyes, he was right, her brother was wise, and she knew he was right. All these years she had sulked over her friends passings, but never once did she wonder if it was the right thing to do, she just did what she felt like doings. She looked at the letters from Celestia, and the letter from her brother and closed her eyes taking a deep breath.

"They are worried, about me, they want me happy," she said to herself, "but i was never willing to try, but 200 years is too long, I have to try to do this, for Shining Armor, for the Princesses, for...my friends!" she said as she stood up.

She cast a spell, removing the teleport block from her castle and made her way down the castle and to the front gates and sighed, "A new world awaits beyond these doors, so familiar yet so strange," she said and gulped, "I hope I'm ready" she said and opened the gate and stepped out into the light. She blinked and looked upon her hometown, it was so much the same, the houses, the ponies, all the same, yet so different. While the town itself was the same, she knew no pony and no face was recognizable, except this odd tan earth pony with a hourglass cutie mark, but she shrugged that off as an odd coincidence. Her coat was pale and messy, her eyes bloodshot and full of sadness, and her mane was drooping and a mess, the color seemed to have been drained from her and the life as well. She took a deep breath and looked at the town, "It's just like my first time in Ponyville all over again, so...what now?" she wondered as she slowly headed toward town.....

Sky would be walking through town, wondering what was happening right now. As he turned a corner he saw something new. He saw the doors to the castle finally open, and with it a pony came out. Sky had never seen her before, though he guessed that she was the owner. Sky would quickly notice that she was sad. The moment sky saw this he would run towards her.

"Hi, My names Skyzipper, though you can call me sky. You ok?"

"S..skyzipper?" Twilight asked as she shook her head, "Y..I mean, I really don't know if I'm ok," she said, "I'm Prin..I'm Twilight Sparkle," she said not wanting to say Princess, it still didn't feel right to her, "Y..you remind me of an old friend of mine," she sighed, "One of the greatest wonderbolts ever, Rainbow Dash," she sighed, "Though with how long it has been I'm sure that name means nothing anymore," she said her hears going down.

When sky heard the words rainbow dash he would sigh. He knew her, well, not personally though he had heard off her. Sky would sigh. "I know that name, Rainbow Dash. Fan of Daring Do, loyal friend. Represented the element of loyalty, was the best flying in equestria":

"Feels like only yesterday I knew her," Twilight sat and sighed looking down, "I guess...this is the Pain of a Princess," she said, "You watch life go on, ponies live, and die, and you just get to watch," she said, "They may have been the Element bearers, but even the Elements cannot freeze life, and stop death," she said, "But that's why I came out, I have to stop mourning, for too long that's all I have done," she said, "I was never meant to be a Princess,"

Starwind was going thorough town whe she saw sky talking to somepony she didn't know and she knew quite a bit of the ponies here in town, as she got closer as saw that the castle door was finally open since she was born it has never been open at certain times she thought it was just a wall painted like a door as walked to sky and the other pony happily "hi sky who is your friend is she the legendary Locked Princess" asked Starwind

"Then im glad im not a princess, i would hate having to watch that.......You have gone through that, haven't you?" Sky would say to Twi before he heard Star behind him. "Hey Starwind, come and meet Twilight Sparkle"

Twilight sighed, "yeah, 7 times I suffered loss," she said and looked toward Canterlot, "Celestia and Luna have been worried sick, so I just think it's about i get out, and return to my normal duties as a Princess and find new friends" she said then gently shook Starwind's hoof, "hello nice to meet you"

"thats sad" said Starwind putting down her ears after a couple moments "but you shouldn't dwell on the past, nothing you can do can change what happen you should just be greatful what happen or if something sad it will make you stronger so if it happens again you would do the same time" said Starwind becoming happy again

"We all go through a crucible. There are those who come out stronger, and those who's lives become miserable. I doubt the friends youve lost would want you to be one of the miserable ones"

Archived