Poker Night 1

Since CC and WoE can meet in these threads, and after playing some TellTalle game Poker Night I decided that why not try something similar for MLP :)

Pretty much looking for four additional players to bring their characters in a game of poker, or well really the humorous conversations that occur during the game.

These are the rules, we go in a clock wise rotation with each person being the winner for the game, and the other four being the losers. We rp playing the game texas hold em, as well as make fun conversations between each other, either between two characters or all four. Then after a few funny anecdotes the losers have to give an exit, preferably something funny if possible :P.

No age requirements, so yes we can have the CMC playing poker....think that be funny actually :P. And we accept WoE and CC cast characters meeting, that definitely be funny to see.

Sadly not sure if we can have Pinkamenia here :(.

Oh well.

If any interested, and if this is in the right place for this, please give us all a look at your character, and any little head canons you might bring in for humorous stories.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm, what a coincidence, I'd actually been thinking about starting up a thread for Blueblood on this board about gambling. I'd have called it "A Fool and his Money..."

In any case, you can count me interested in bringing in His Royal Highness, if I can think of a good excuse for bringing him into a non-high-stakes game of the lower classes.

Cool :), I actually have some funny little anecdotes for Blueblood :)

We can make it high stakes. Twenty thousand bits. Actually that make it even funnier if we get any filly or colt players. Nothing says crazy like a child playing poker :P

And if Blueblood does show up, and everyone wants we can play the rp in the special themed room set up for blueblood :P and he gets a special outfit to wear :P.

Yes I'll allow special themed rooms/surroundings for players. Blueblood gets a canterlot themed room and gets the special throne seat to sit on while playing :P

Awsome :) We got enough to start then and I am assuming Moonshine will tell us his oc in a bit.

So to start we gotta pick who the final winner will be for the first poker match, seeing as it would be very hard to rp an actual poker game. Personally I'd think it be funny to see the filly cleaning out the adults :P

Also, every character gets a special themed surrounding/room for the rp, which can be used to rp funny walking away from the table after being beaten, or just spark some funny conversations.

Also for fun, and in trying to maintain the spirit of the game this rp got inspired by, all characters get a themed room for the rp to occur in.

So like Blueblood gets a sort of canterlot and mirror room sort of theme, so we can all be surrounded by Bluebloods visage.

So if you got an idea of what sort of poker game room would match your character just give an example here, or I can think of one.

Or we can skip that all together.

In anycase once moonshine tells us his oc will can start. Till then im heading to bed. Night all.

Apple Bloom would be more than willing to clean house.

Ha! Pocket Change is gonna be owning that giant sized bow of hers at the end of the night. :sniff:

Actually, it would be rather awkward for a kid to show up to play a game with a bunch of adults.

Maybe one of her guardians could show up.

Big Mac?

Applejack?

Granny Smith? Now who wouldn't want to play cards with her?

I have my ideas. I am thinking maybe this game takes place on an airship that Abby had snuck onto by accident. She doesn't want to get in trouble, tries to play it off as if she is a rich filly on a trip. Hence the big game player since, well, isn't that what rich ponies do?????

Makes sense to me :) This is poker, we don't ask questions we just play. For money....your money. All twenty thousand bits of it :)

Besides this rp is for the comedy effect then anything else, so things can be a little silly.

Apple Bloom could also wear a trench coat (with either stilts or two other little ponies under her), a over-sized novelty mustache and maybe an hat...That generally fools adults around 70-90% of the time.

Razor wouldn't fall for it probably, but he probably wouldn't care. Find it odd? Yes. See it as a chance to easily win someone else money? Definitely.

Will he win? Nope :P

Actually why it is funnier that Apple bloom by in this and be set as the first designated winner. Cause we all get to lose to a filly who makes off with near 100,000 bits :P and maybe get her cutie mark XD

No response from Moonshine so might start without him.

No response from Moonshine so we will start.

I'll give an opening and my introduction and place the URL for the rp here :)

Enjoy losing your bits to Applebloom. Then, if everyone had an interesting experience, or got some more anecdotes of humor to share between a strange group of poker players we can do another rp, with a different winner of course.

Though for the first game Applebloom shall win in the end. If that is alright with everyone?

Bleh. That would be so predicable! If you'd like, maybe for each hand hoof round(?) of cards, you could roll a dice for each player. Who ever has the highest roll, will win that round...

Also

2vmiq76.jpg

Well, ponies could use their magic, and the inferior non-unicorns could use their teeth. Or maybe grabby hooves.

Just want to say, no enforced posting order, just make sure everyone has had a chance to reply before making your next post to respond to any anecdotes being shared

If your character is not involving himself in the conversation at the time then let us know here please or by pm if you can :)

Archived