Captain America

I was debating whether this one would be worth seeing, as this is a super hero I've never really paid too much attention too. With recommendations like that, I might just try and check it out though.

As far as comic book movies go, I am one of the biggest nitpickers of character and continuity you'll ever run into. Not only with what this movie included, but how it presented things, not a single thing offended me. Oh, a minor nod to Hugh Jackman would have been nice but... eh. This movie, from beginning to end, was just... just.... GAH!

1294725088102.png

I definitely agree with that 90%ly. I was surprised with this movie, it was really well done. I don't like a lot of comic book movies, but this one is one of the exceptions. My roommate dragged me along with him to see it. I resisted enough to where he even paid for my ticket. Works for me. :)

I am seeing it Friday.

I hate Captain America (always have). I am in it for for 40's hairstyles.

Communist.

No, joking. But anyway, I don't expect this movie to make you like the character, or even the concept. Appreciate? Sure. For a man with both an indomitable will and a heart full of compassion, and for what that did for the US of A during a pretty crap-tacular time in history.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw it recently, the trailers looked intriguing and I've always been a fan of just about every Marvel movie in the last few years.

Cap is probably one of their best yet. I liked the story, and how most of the movie is actually a flashback sequence. I thought Hugo Weaving was spectacular as the Red Skull (even though I kept wanting to hear him say "Hello, Mr. Anderson."). There were little tie-ins all over the place, but I also agree they missed a nod to Wolverine that probably should have been in there (that's just being nitpicky) . . . Also, Peggy Carter was hotter than the Human Torch. I personally really liked her character, and the actress (name escapes me right now) was very easy on the eyes. :D