Princess Celestia takes the Ice Bucket Challenge!

RedCedar

For those of you who missed the awesomeness that was BronyCAN, held in Vancouver, BC this past weekend, Guest of Honour Nicole Oliver, voice of our beloved Princess Celestia and Cheerilee, not only accepted the Ice Bucket Challenge that she had been nominated for numerous times, but also went one better, auctioning off the right to drench her in the charity auction.

The results were fairly predictable.

Well, at least the Ice Bucket Challenge IS for a good cause. Overplayed or not, major money's being raised for ALS because of it.

:D:D:D

1.) This is actually wickedly cool of Miss Oliver, and that video made me so happyyy~ :kissy:

2.) I also feel the need to clarify, for those wondering, that the point of the Ice Challenge isn't just dumping out a bucket of cold water on yourself--it also asks that you make a donation to the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Association and then challenge others to do the same, ergo, for them to also donate and bring awareness to the aforementioned illness. The shock and other sensations you get from being soaked with frigid water (impaired movement, shortness of breath, and so on) is to give the challengee a quick, vivid feeling of what it feels like to actually have the symptoms of ALS. It's a medical charity. And according to the most recent news update I could find, it's actually raised at LEAST $100 million in donations.

That's a 3,500% increase from what ALSA was able to raise in that same time period (one month) last year. This Ice Bucket "stunt" is legitimately working to help people. That, in my eyes, makes it legitly cool and worthwhile.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived