Through a Glass darkly... (Investigators Wanted!)

Squall really works out to make Glass all worked up. Too bad it works both ways.

Glass could congratulate himself actually, he's only third pony (well actually second to be precise) to make Swift boiling.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if I was clear in the post, but the Dean was answering Spring Breeze's and Night Watcher's questions; the audience is small because Mr. Glass is there more to teach a lesson than give a show, and he chooses this method as a practical demonstration of what he wants to teach. As for Flux's question... well, that was a little more complicated. And a magician never just gives away his secrets... :shifty:

Also, just as a note, I'm trying to make this a puzzle for all of you, not just your characters. Feel free to post speculation/questions in this thread too; I'll also factor them into your investigatory progress. (Also some feedback as to how I'm doing; I'm still new at running a thread like this!)

In that case...

My current theory, given what I know and what I'm willing to assume about Mr. Glass, is that whatever is going on at the theatre is a test. Mr. Glass is a showpony, and so would both have a desire to perform in front of the largest audience he can manage and probably lacks any real interest in sharing his understanding with students of the arts. So then why use a film school theatre? Because he has some new spell/technique/device/etc. that either he's currently developing or has completed but not yet used. He wants to try small scale first, because a failure at a venue like this could be controlled or written off as part of the experiment by the audience, while a failure before a full audience would be an embarrassment. I'm missing the information needed to guess any more details than that though.

For her part, most of this has crossed Naj's mind, though she doesn't know Mr. Glass or the situation enough to know if this is true or if he's just fallen on hard times and is reduced to performing venues like schools.

As for how you're doing, I'm a bit hesitant to say since it's my time participating in such a thread, but I can tell you I'm interested and enjoying myself.

And here's my own post. I had to check every other post before I made this one, and indeed - no one called Squall by his name and it's not like he got a plaque either. Even if we count Night, she said it after the 'dean' called him out, and it was other part of his name too. Of course just like the lighthouse it's a lucky shot.

Well, Squall may be a vigilante, but he's kind of a prominent figure. His mother's part of the aristocracy, and his father is a newspaper baron, who also publishes stories about his son. Given all his exploits, it's pretty likely that some fame would be attaching to him by now.

Of course, that's not to say that it's an insignificant detail, just that the Dean would have an answer as to why he knew Squall's name. He would know, and Glass would know, and would also know if/when Squall arrived in Manehattan.

Well that's pretty fair explanation. Altrough I must straighten the part about 'publishing his exploits'. It indeed happened, but only during his Unyasi period, and even then it was Squall himself who write this articles. Both his writer persona, and captain of militia were also under the false names, and to this day, it's tightly guarded knowledge. Even his father didn't knew that three are all the same pony until he came back.

Still, as I said other parts are sound so it's cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Lecture aside, Glass really isn't the sort to give an exposition dump, and you would probably be wise to take any he does give with a grain of salt. But I will say, before I get my post proper up later this afternoon, that Swift is on the right track with portals and their connections to mirrors. The exact nature of this, of course, you're still going to have to figure out, but you've made progress at last.

Lux... Both Flux and Spring have a hoof in the air, obviously volunteering for whatever's happening next. Unless Night is being about as oblivious as Flux is right now, I don't think she would have missed either of their hooves going into the air.

In case of anyone wondering, this is not leaving a thread. Squall is doing just that what he said, unless something interrupts him on either way that is.

Sorry if I seem to be singling out only Fluxx and Squall for this, but I couldn't think of any way to reply to the others at this point. Hopefully soon I'll be able to engage with you all at once.

It's understandable, they're the ones who are acting at the moment. To be honest, I'm kinda stuck on what Glass is actually up to until I get more information, so I can't really do a whole lot but mill about until more starts to get revealed.

I think things will start to move more smoothly if/when there ends up being more of an actual confrontation.

Oh this is going to get good when it's my turn to post. Night Watcher is going to spill a little secret of her own amid the pandemonium

Before I post myself I need few confirmations.

1) This one is for Rackenhammer. It was mentioned that this whole deal can be sprung into multi-thread adventure. Will all of it be contained in Manehattan?

2) Second one is for both Derp and Pyro. Will you characters 100% certainly escape through that door? Also seeing that Naj is a trained soldier, and Squall - as was already mentioned - is known vigilante, would it be alright for me to describe the changeling attacking Swift on reflex? Again, I ask for confirmation since I wish not to force Out Of Character moment.

Lux, I'm pretty sure both Glasses had dissapeared when the lights went up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what I read.

As for you, Ciraxis, I don't think it would be a garunteed escape. Nothing really is garunteed during chaos like that. As for the attacking thing, if that was directed at me, Flux isn't really the type to start fights.

Archived