Through a Glass darkly... (Investigators Wanted!)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno about 100%, but given that they seem to have gotten a slight head start and Naj at least is fully focused on escaping I'd say it's likely. Though I am assuming that the door leads to another hall rather than outside, so they should still be in the building for a little bit. Naj's current plan is to get to a window.

It's certainly possible that Naj would attack Squall, but there's two things I should probably mention there: first, I'm assuming she doesn't really know who Squall is. She's not really the most well informed individual, and most of her time is spent in Ponyville. So she wouldn't really prioritize taking him down. Second, she knows that fighting ponies in the middle of a city (or near enough to it) is a losing game. Even if she wins, she still spends energy and all that generally accomplishes is giving the guard more time to show up and organize. Squall looks like he's going to attack her or Flux (even if he wasn't actually going to) she might try to get the first strike, and she'd probably try to bowl him over if he ends up standing between her and an exit, but while she's being pursued like this she'd otherwise much prefer to run away than to fight.

It's fine by me, though it does preclude you all from proceeding with the investigation for at least one round (which is a bit of a relief for me; one less post during finals!)

I was okay with it, though I'll probably be framing it a bit differently when I reference it in my next post.

Also Rackenhammer, does this mean you want to pass your turn to post this time? I.e. should we continue without you this time around?

And my post again. Sorry for this little wait. I didn't attempted to write such a mammoth of a post but...here you go.

Also I hope that this bracelet part didn't upset anyone. It isn't the attempt to railroad the thread, although I admit I used it as a mean to hold the gang together. If any part of the post is trouble however, I am ready to correct it.

In case if you wonder what I meant by 'safe-house', it's a reference to the post I will soon (as in, tomorrow) write in the thread both me and Lux are playing in. Again, I hope this is alright with everyone.

In case of anyone wondering, it's that kind of hideouts that vigilante billionaires with too much time and paranoia have. It contains....stuff.

I don't mind the existence of such a bracelet, that Swift would have them on his person or that there was a possibility of one being put on Naj, but I don't accept it happening without a chance to react. It's just a bit too close to taking control of the character for my liking.

As such, I intend to change things very slightly with my post. There's still a chance the bracelet could be put on Naj, but you'd have to either talk her into it or fight her over it, and in the meantime she's going to try and make a counter offer of sorts.

I was planning to just write around it, but I appreciate that.

If it helps, nothing like the bracelet should be needed to keep her with the group anyways. Squall showed a measure of understanding and willingness to hear her out rather than just turn her over to to guard, so she'll be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and stick with the group while that's still a useful thing to do.

Ahh yes, but then again Squall is mistrusting and slightly paranoid pony. He may be understanding, but he will still go with it - using force if necessary - 'just in case'.

Interesting turn this has taken. I'm going to have some internal and external conflict with the situation.Yeah, I don't mind the issue of the magical bracelets and moving them to a safe house. I do want to get back to the case of Mr. Glass as well but for now this can be sorted out with the Changeling issue. There will be much I expect to digest with these events so please bear with me as I reply when it's my turn.

I feel like Flux would stick around unless either she felt she was in danger, or Spring left and she felt like sticking with her fellow changeling. As for the bracelets, the existence of them is fine by me.

Thank heavens that you make such post Racken. Honestly, I almost expected 'framing the ponies for cooperating with monsters' cliché. Good thing it isn't, otherwise I would feel the need to strangle someone. Tropes are good, until they are bad after all.

I honestly would have done so, if it made sense for the one speaking it to say so. But thank you.

Oh, and just as a reminder... keep a look out for the clues I'm dropping.

Aaaand here's a post. Squall is not Element of Honesty. Honestly (heh) non of them are.

And sorry for undermining your post a little Lux. I felt that lying, pretending to expose another lie would make them more believable.

Before I post I need to ask, what kind of hotel it is? Cheap? Expensive? Good neighborhood or not? Remember, Squall may not live here anymore but he is native Manehattanite and he keeps in touch with the city often. Or would it be up to my/our choice?

• 2 weeks later...

And so we start this up again! (After two weeks...)

I'm also afraid, Investigators, that you've missed a clue, and that's going to make things difficult later. Mind you, it would have taken some real-world knowledge and observation to catch it, and I'm not sure that it would have jumped out at you in-character. Rarity would have caught it in an instant, though...

Dang.

But on the other hand, if the clue is what I think it is there was next to no way I personally would have picked up on it, let alone Naj. So, no real loss in some ways. We'll just make due without, and hope we can spot the next one.

Archived