Tale of Team 7! Adventures of Shinobi

SymphonicFire

Night seemed to ignore her joke, which was just as well. She shook her head at his words though, a little annoyed by his personality. Arrogance wasn't good for a team's dynamic. Marusha silently began to run along with her team, sparing a glance at each of them in turn. Fire was nice, she liked her. Slash was still a bit of a mystery, but he was nice as far as she could tell. The only real problem she could see was Night.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Night followed them as they made there way out for whatever this mission was, he knew it was some sort of recon scouting mission to the hidden sand, but something told him there would be a bit of fighting involved.

"So what's been going on while i was away?" Fire asked as they kept on running through a desert.

Slash was thinking about what they might encounter when they find the Akatsuki. It was rumored they always travel in pairs and where really tough. One guy could take out a whole village.

Fire asked about what had been happening while she was away. Marusha remained silent at first, expecting Slash to answer, as he was the one that had known Fire previously. He seemed lost in thought though.

"Dunno. I just met you today. I don't know when you left." Marusha said eventually.

Night followed silently, he had nothing to discuss or reason, after all he was gonna talk with the Hokage about leaving this team once this was over, maybe join the ANBU, a group where he wouldn't have to talk and could mostly work alone.

Jonin? Well then. Marusha gave a little hum to indicate she had heard the words, but otherwise said nothing. She glanced over at Slash as he informed them of an oncoming sand storm, saying they had to find shelter. Looking around, she spotted a cave ahead of them with the mouth pointed away from where the storm was coming from.

"How about that?" She asked, indicating the cave.

Night sighed as he saw the storm, knowing well his summon might not last long enough to last out the storm. He groaned, "Yeah, looks like its the only shelter," he sid as he waited to see if this 'team leader' had any better plans.

"Good work, Marusha. We'll have to wait until it passes" Slash said as he ran toward the Cave.

"The Hidden Sand could be in trouble, were wasting time!" Fire yelled as she followed him.

"The only thing you can do his hope" Slash replied as he went into the cave.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We have to ask the Hidden Leaf for help! They are the closest village to us!" an officer said.

"We can't! They'll think we are weak and cannot deal with our own problems" another said, banging on the table.

A shinobi bursts into the room and said "Sand's brother went after them!"

Marusha smiled as Slash complimented her, then she followed them into the cave.

"We can't run there through a sandstorm, Fire." She said in response to the ninja's words. "I know you're worried about your friend, but he can take care of himself, and getting yourself lost in a sandstorm won't help anybody."

Night stayed quiet and leaned on a wall and sighed, "Yeah well I don't want to be stuck in a cave with a whinny little girl, but I can deal," he said simply, a bird on his shoulder, its eyes just like him.

Fire glared at Night Shade; she had enough. What makes him think he is so high and mighty? Fire could not ignore him anymore, she only wished she had a club to beat the life out of him. She clenched her fist and said "at least the whinny little girl knows how to be a teammate and not a sour brat!"

Slash who was leaning against the wall, raised his eyebrow but closes his eyes and decided to not bother silencing them.

He laughs, "As I said, I am my own team," he sighed, "I have learned I cannot learn to trust anyone else," he turned away, "after leaf failed to protect my family, my clan," he turned back to her, "I learned there is no point in relying on anyone who cannot help you," he glared at her, "My entire clan, my blood line, my family, slaughtered before me," he said, "and where was leaf village?" he spat, "We were a peaceful tribe living in a location quiet close to your own, in fact my father was close to Lord Sarutobi, yet the village had no eyes on us? No one could have alerted them to help us!" He glared, "These eyes saved me! I awakened my potential and realized I need no one else," he said and turned away, "I am my team and my family"

Marusha sighed slightly as Fire and Night began arguing. Seriously, that guy was trouble. Still though, Fire was letting him under her skin too easily. Marusha simply sat herself down against a wall and watched, ready to intervene if the argument went too far.

Night's attitude made a more sense after he told his story about his clan being slaughtered. That sucked, losing family like that. What made it worse was what he had taken away from the experience, new eyes and a lack of trust.

"You think you're the only one with a hard childhood? I was always alone when I was small, I never met my parents. The village always stayed away from me because they thought I was dangerous. They always said "Stay away from that fox girl, she is nothing but trouble". I wanted the village to acknowledge me for being a hero and I want them to trust me. One by one I started to gain friends and my friends become my family" Fire said as she stood up and walked to the entrance, looking out through the Sand Storm. "I know Sand would feel the same, he's just like me." Are turned around and looked at Night, "You can't have a team without teammates and you can't have a family without people to love"

Well, it seemed everyone here had a tragic past... Maybe not Slash, she still didn't know much about him. But the three of them; Fire, Night, and herself; all had a hard past. Out of the three, Marusha's seemed like the best. She stayed where she was as she watched the two talk.

Night laughed, "Your nothing like me," he said, you had nothing to lose, you had nothing to start with so at least you have hope!" he glared, "I had it all, a family, love, hope, warmth!" he said, "and your villages lack of help killed it all, took it away from me!" he said, "It made me realize that I'm the only person who can protect me, who can be there for me!"

"At least you had something. When you have nothing but the glare in everyone's eyes every time you walk on the streets, it made me want to disappear. No one respected me and no one loved me" Fire said looking down. "I was a kid like any other. But when you have a beast sealed in you, people only know how to despise and isolate you"

"But the thing that pisses me off..." Fire started as she walked infront of Night Shade, "...is the fact that you refuse to open up to others and continue to dwell on the past. I became the person i am today because the Will of Fire motivates me to never give up! As long as you stay in the Hidden Leaf Village, they are your family!"

"Fire, that's enough. Stop comparing stories and think about the mission we are on" Slash said, opening his eye.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sir, shinobi have found Kairi in the sand. It seems he battled with an Akatsuki, but has been poisoned. He is currently in bed, screaming in pain" a shinobi said to the officer.

"Send a messenger to the Elders and the Hidden Leaf! We need help and we need it fast!"

Night just made a scoff as he listened, "Will of fire, bah!" he said and turned sighed, "storms almost over, probably just a few more minutes he says and opens his eyes, "so let's just hurry and get this over with, I didn't here to come and get a pep talk from fox girl" he said, "I cam because the Hokage requested it,"

Fire glared at him when he insulted her and clenched her fist.

"Night Shade! I said that's enough!" Slash said as he stood up, eyeing the both of them. "It seems the only mature shinobi here is Marusha. I expected better from the both of you"

Fire narrowed her eyes and turned away to pick up her bag.

Slash looked out of the cave and saw the storm was subsiding. He turned around and looked at Night Shade, shaking his head in disappointment before running out of the cave.

Well, this was escalating quickly. Marusha continued to watch the two, feeling it wasn't the right time to be interfering in the dispute. Eventually, Slash broke in anyways. Of course, Night had to continue it after that, which only earned him further berating from Slash, who then said that she seemed to be the only mature Shinobi here. Yeah, living the life she had could do that...

As Slash left, Marusha stood and ran after him silently, not really wanting to get involved in the tension between Fire and Night.

Archived