Peace disrupted in the hidden land (Closed)

franshpout

The sun shone bright up in the sky of Equestria. The ponies all attended to their things, going through another normal day with their routine to follow. The pegasi made sure to follow their schedul of the day. Today they were preparing the clouds for some light rain for the afternoon. The town of Ponyville was well known today. Many ponies decided to move there for some peace and quiet. Harmony reigned there and the citizens were happy.

Amond the trees nearing the town, there was a pony standing up a hill, staring down at the town. This pony was alone there, wearing a cloak with a hood, completely covering his head. From the shape it was possible to tell that it was a stallion. He seemed to be rather tall as well, taller than the average pony. The hood on his head covered the mane and created a shadow over the eyes. Although the shape of the eyes could be seen, the color could be hard to determine. He stood there to observe the town a little, as if looking for something.

He would make his move. He was not very far from Ponyville. A few more minutes of walking and he would reach the entrance of the town. Once there, he would step inside, keeping himself quiet and walking at a certain pace as well. He wouldn't make himself subtle. The residents would be able to see him. Most would think he was a stranger who looked bizarre and would simply avoid him. Yet this stallion had to talk to only one pony. One who wouldn't be afraid of him. The thing was... he couldn't reveal himself just yet.

He would stop his walk for a short moment, having spotted one pony who could potentially help him. The stallion would resume his walk at the same pace, keeping his look neutral. Once approaching the pony from behind, he would ask in a very calm and very soft voice;

???: Pardon me, dear friend. May I request your assistance for a moment?

((This would be where one of you three enters. Basically this pony would be asking this question to one of you.))

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wynd Flash flew across the cloudless sky of Ponyville, tapping other pegasi's shoulders and darting off quickly. She moved the joint in her wings slightly to the left, letting her create fierce winds. She flapped her wings harder, creating a strong gust of wind. It ruffled some ponies' manes, but they ignored as always. She sighed and joined one of her friends to create some light rain clouds for the evening. Then she could do whatever she wanted for a while. Being a pegasi was hard work, ponies didn't know it.

Slash was sitting on a branch of a tree, resting. He enjoyed being alone without ponies or work pestering him. He was different after all, cat ears, cat tail, and cat like behavior. He rested his back against the tree and looked at the sky, watching pegasi play around and chat.

The stallion watched the mare turn herself around. He did not truly expect her to have this kind of reaction toward him, and at the same time her look was rather different than the others. A pair of wings as well as a horn on the forehead... The stranger was facing a princess at the moment. Yet he wouldn't fret or even show any sign that he was surprised. He would rather smile back at her and bow slightly with it.

???: I already appreciate your cooperation.

He would tell her of his calm voice. Without waiting any further, he would then come to ask for what he needed.

???: There have been rumors of a pony living nearby. Her appearance differs from others by her wings. Might you have seen a pony who is the owner of a pair of beautiful butterfly wings? If the rumors reveal to be true, then she should be the only one as such.

Wynd flew around some more, completely bored after prepping the weather. She finally swooped down and hovered next to Slash. "Hey Slash," she said in a calm voice. "How are 'ya?" The mare asked this in a preppy voice, but scowled when she had said it. She had acted too happy. And Wynd was not the optimism type, especially because of her past. But she had gotten over that.

Wynd shook her head quickly. "I know I sounded happy, but I was seeing how my voice sounds. It sounds horrific, I know. So what's goin' on with you?" The mare folded in her Alicorn wings and landed in a sitting position next to Slash. She sighed, looking for something to occupy herself with.

"The usual, just staying up here and relaxing" Slash replied. He didn't mind having some of his friends around, it was just the mares who follow him that drives Slash crazy. He close his eyes again and took a deep breath, "Are you hungry?" he asked.

The stallion didn't seem to give a reaction when he heard the name. He kept his smile on and nodded gently only to the alicorn.

???: I seem to have fallen on the right pony. It is either by luck or fate that I have found a pony who knows even of her name.

The stallion took a short pause before resuming his talk.

???: To answer your question, I am in need of delivering an important message to this young lady. It might seem inappropriate of me to ask, yet would you know of her location as well?

The stallion looked at the alicorn from under his hood, keeping his smile on, he would shake his head slowly to her, declining the offer.

???: It is of utmost importance that I deliver this message to her in person. If it may help, she knows me.

He'd say. His calm attitude remained at all time there, not showing any signs of threat. It was not his intention either to create fear, but he had his reasons to hide his identity as well. He simply couldn't allow to reveal himself just yet. At the moment it was better to keep it this way, even if it could attract the curious souls around, yet most of them would stay at a distance from him, not wanting to have to deal with anything that could be unpleasant. At one moment, a mother and her filly passed by, not minding the stranger. However, the young foal was curious to know who was hidden under this hood. Sensing their presence, the strange would look over at the young one. The mother would quickly take notice and call over her daughter, yet this one was not moving. The stranger stared down at the filly with his soft smile. His own aura was soothing. The mother called her over once again. The next time she would probably come over to get her. Before this would happen, the stranger would raise his hoof a little and turn it over so it would be upside down, as if he would be holding something. The filly looked at it, wondering if he was going to do anything with it. Moment after, something would begin to appear on it, starting with a thin green stick. It would progressively appear quickly until it would make an actual small flower. From the look of it, it was a normal pink hibiscus which he would put in the mane of the foal. The filly smiled up at him, happy of the pretty flower she had just gotten and the stranger gently gestured to her to go meet back with her mother. She would do so, thanking him. The mysterious pony would turn back to the alicorn in front of him, still keeping the same smile he had from the beginning.

???: My appearance might not be very trustworthy, but I assure you that I mean nothing wrong.

Wynd stretched her wings, purposefully slapping Flash in the face playfully. ''Yeah, I'm starving like you wouldn't believe." She smiled and sighed a little, still pretty bored with what she was currently doing.

(Curious to know, at what distance are Wynd and Slash from the stallion and Sky?)

Once again the stallion would bow slightly to the alicorn in front of him, as she accepted to show him where Seria lived.

???: You have my gratitude.

Once completely back up, the stallion, who still had his smile on, would continue with something else. He believed they were at this step now.

???: I have not introduced myself yet. You may call me Wise Oak.

(Maybe a few yards. Not so close, I guess?)

Wynd smiled and picked up the apple, biting into the savory red skin. "Too bad it's not grown on Sweet Apple Acres." She shrugged lightly and continued devouring the apple, finally tossing the core into a nearby trash can, using her wings. She leapt up and cheered when the core landed inside the can. "Ha!"

Archived