“the thing” survival

byhttp://www.canterlot...ck-and-sign-up/

starring

augercorn; as Suger Berry, and lighting Front

status alive, wound

equipped; fitness and strenght anually

Hundashter; as Ruby dust,

status alive

Equipped technicians kit, locket, revolver-empty uncocked, 3 packs of cigarettes, lighter

Phoolery; as Iditarod,

status alive

Equipped leash, dog collars, matchbook, cigar pack, K-bar knife. m16 rifle, 1 mag

PyroBlaze; as Black Bloom,

status alive

equipped Picture, pistol- loaded uncocked. knife

Sethore as Rift Whisper status alive

Equipmed Dog-tags, Mechanical Tool Belt, Metal Bracer, marksman rifle 2 mags current mag -1

Travelaway as Ash

status alive

Equipped; Blow torch, 2 cans or “rarity’s luxurious locks to go” , lighter

Outpost 31 status(98%)

sparkle corp. magic energy generator= online 100% capacity

emergency generator= offline 100% ready to use.

Lights= online 100% capacity

Plumbing and water heater= 100% and running

Clop-tech heating system= 80% and running

Intercom=100%Radio

communications= offline due to weather

Kitchen equipment, 100%

Computer lab= 5 computers working 1 computer ruined due to cheating at chess

10 gas powered lanterns

10 battery powered flashlights

20 barrels of gasoline

4 co2 fire extinguishers

repair tool kits=90% missing some nuts2 ice axes,2’ hand drills1 large bore ice auger

freezer full of edible food, stocked till next supply run in 8 weeks.3

emrgency tinder boxes.10 artic weather suits,

vehicles

Hn-n1 helicopter= 97% gased and ready for use

Killerpiller bulldozer= 100% and gased

Husky snowmobile= 100% no gas

Sled dog ranger= 80% on gaurd

Sled dog luna= 80% on gaurd

Sled dog big teeth= 80% on gaurd

Sled dog sniffy 80%= on gaurd

Sled dog mac 90% =on gaurd

Sled dog childs 80%= agitated at mack and on gaurd (hes a grumpy puppy)

Sled dog juicy= unusable- in heat.

Sled dog snake 99%= on gaurd

Weapons

1.M16 assault rifle, loaded armory locked

2.M16 assault rifle, loaded , armory locked

3.M16 assault rifle, ash, loaded

4.M16 assault rifle, locked in armory, unloaded

5.M16 assault rifle, locked in armory, unloaded

6.M16 assault rifle, locked in armory, unloaded

1.R700 marksman rifle, loaded, ash

2.R700 marksman rifle, locked in armory unloaded

3.R700 marksman rifle, locked in armory unloaded

1. pump action little buffalo trail shotgun locked in armory unloaded

1. Pinkiepryro super duper duper marshmellow roaster 900,000, unloaded locked in armory

2.Pinkiepryro super duper duper marshmellow roaster 900,000 unloaded locked in armory

3.Pinkiepryro super duper duper marshmellow roaster 900,000 unloaded under ash’s bed

1.Durabox expeditionary revolver, uloaded locked in armory

2.Durabox expeditionary revolver, uloaded locked in armory

3.Durabox expeditionary revolver, uloaded locked in armory

50- emergency flares

5 -bundles of tnt (in armory locked in a locker with only suger Berry having the key)

60 loaded assault rifle magazines. Plus 5 lock boxes of 100 bullets- 10 on Ash

magazines of marksman rifle ammo plus 2 lock boxes of 100 4 on rift6 revolver speed loads unlaoaded, 2 boxes of 100 bullets1 lock box of shotgun shells-100

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing rule page

"MacReady: Somebody in this camp ain't what he appears to be. Right now that may be one or two of us. By spring, it could be all of us.

Childs: So, how do we know who's human? If I was an imitation, a perfect imitation, how would you know if it was really me?"

Since this is a unique role play unlike any I have seen before we are going to need some unique rules. Violations of these rules will result in a mandatory apologies and fixing with the edit button.

Outright violations and total disregard of these rules will result in the thing appearing right behind you

Rule 1. Death

"I'm gonna hide this tape when I'm finished. If none of us make it, at least there'll be some kind of record. The storm's been hitting us hard now for 48 hours. We still have nothing to go on"

Just like the real world death is possible in multiple ways. If you die as a pony then you will be not allowed to post, however you can still give hints to your teammates or opponents. I will monitor your status as simply “alive” “injured” “dead” when injured your character must seek medical attention as per the plot. Your character will be able to take a realistic amount of damage before dying occurs. (example; being shot in the head or chest, being out in the cold for too long) the thing is more durable than the ponies, But can be killed also.

Rule 2. Unposted actions

"Windows: You guys gonna listen to Garry? You gonna let him give the orders? I mean, he could BE one of those THINGS!"

Within the plot if you want to do something with out the other players noticing then you may perform an unposted action to do this you must follow these steps

1. plot point; your character must be alone away from the eyes and ears of other ponies.
  2. Write and send to augercorn.; in microsft word or just right in the message bar. Type out your post and actions of your character as you normally would. These actions must keep in mind with the timeline, note that to make things easyer on the plot I may deny these actions to make the story smoother and make more sense.
  3. Space saver; quickly post the words UNPOSTED ACTION to tell the others your character is doing something unnoticed.

Example. Post 1; berry stands up from the meeting and says “I’m going to the bathroom be right back” berry walks out of the room

Post 2; unposted action

Post 3; berry comes back a satisfied look on his face and sits down “o.k did I miss anything?”

Rule 3. assimilation.

MacReady: [about to test his blood] Now I'll show you what I already know.

If your character is attacked by the thing then you will likely become assimilated. Your best choice for survival at that point is to continue as your character and then pick off other characters by deception. More information will be released once assimilated

Rule 4 keep track;

George Bennings: [Bennings rushes into Childs room] Childs, Mac wants the flamethrower!

Childs: Mac wants the what?

George Bennings: That's what he said. Now move!

Childs: [Childs tucks in his shirts and grumbles] **** it!

We arn’t pinke! We cant pull whatever we need from off the screen!

I will painstakingly keep track of the base’s equipment on the front page, check back often. Also your character must carry equipment to use it. For example in order for a character to use a flamethrower he must go to the armory and walk around with it. No pulling it out of nowhere or saying you had it all along. Once we run out of supplies then we got nothing and the thing has essentially won.

I will keep track of equipment on all the characters

Rule 5 no auto hit

Nobody can doge a bullet but still make it fair for others. No drawing a weapon and shooting and killing a another character all in one post.

Rule 6 keep it nice looking

This is really more a personal thing. But I really hate when people put ooc stuff in a role play it looks messy and jus takes away from everything. We will keep the ooc up please use that or messages.

Victory conditions

Ponies

the thing has been destroyed

the base has enough supplies to ensure survival.

The thing

Escape the base

Or

Kill all ponies and go back to freezing

Outpost 31 a small wooden building with a radio tower helipad and several vehicles parked out side. A single island in the frozen wastes

The inside was made of old wood and tile. The harsh lighting gave it an uncomfortable feel, and there was always some noise going on either from the men or the many machines.

Outside closing in on the small outpost a helicopter approached

“BOOM!”

Sugar berry was typing up a consolidation report. When he heard a sound form outside

“what the??” he said as he stood up from his chair and looked out the window sure enough far over the horizon, a large cloud of smoke appeared and a helicopter approaching the base!

Berry had no clue what was going on, he looked at the window and saw the smoke plume, knowing you could usually see 30 miles in all directions at from the base during the day he estimated the helio at about 25 miles away and coming in fast

He walked his large body over to the intercom and took a second to collect himself saying

attention team, this is Berry your commanding officer! All personnel to muster outside by the main entrance on the double! Bring at least one rifle.”

Berry stood up straining his large belly a bit heading over to the coat racks thinking

Were not due for supply in 8 months… can’t be command. Who is it?”

BOOM!

Lighting front had just finished with his fitness magazine featuring rainbow dash. He was lying on his bed satisfied about to take a nap when he heard Berry over the intercom

attention team, this is Berry your commanding officer! All personnel to muster outside by the main entrance on the double! Bring at least one rifle

lighting stood up, he didn’t like berry but he had to admit he was a good c.o. what was he so concerned about?

Lighting walked over to his footlocker and put on some long johns before heading out confused, and a little angry he would have to go into the cold. he didn't wont to and if it were only a few weeks earlyer he would of ignored berry claiming "i only fly it ain't my job" But he remembered how everyone hated him when he first joined but once he calmed down, started talking less and helped out doing more than just his pilot job (he only flew about once a month) he noticed everyone accepted him … slightly more.

He was alone in the hall when he heard the

BOOM!

He ignored it imagining Ash got his hands on the dynamite again

He slipped a coat and boots on and opened the door

The arctic air hit him like a punch to the face and he groaned hugging himself for warmth. He stepped outside and saw the helicopter moving forward “what theeeee?”

Black almost fell out of his chair when the noise reached his ears, surprising him greatly. Luckily, he had been on a break, cause he probably wouldn't have heard the noise if he had been working. Soon enough, Berry came over the intercom, requesting that all personnel meet outside. He looked out the window in the room, spotting the approaching helicopter after fixing his glasses. What was it doing there? Was it time for a resupply already? Only one way to really find out. The helicopter looked like it was still a ways out, so he would have some time. He put on the clothes he used for going out into the snow, then headed outside. By the time he got there, Lightning was already there, staring at the helicopter.

"Do you know what's going on?" Black asked the pilot while watching the approaching helicopter.

Iditarod had just set out the feeding bowls for the Huskies, with some kibble in them. "Alright y'all time fer-" he was cut short by the loud boom, and the dog's all going nuts. Barking up a storm as the sound was much more intense to them. He moved to the kennel door, opening the latch, and then locking it behind himself. He was already in his cold weather gear, he just had to zip up his parka. As he was doing so the dogs all rushed to the mesh door. Whining and barking. "Easy now y'all." Iditarod cooed, "I'll be back. Y'all eat yer food. Pappa'll be right back fore ya know it." He heard Berry's announcement over the intercom and swore under his breath. He threw open the outer Kennel door, and was blasted in the face with a gush of icy air. He shut the door with his back hoof and and begun the drudge through the snow. Heading for the main building, and thus, the armory. He heard the second boom in the distance, and turned to see the helicopter approaching. "What in the name of Tartarus?!" Iditarod turned again and started running towards the main outpost then. If they were under attack, he'd sure as Celestia need a gun now.

Ruby growled and rubbed her head where she'd hit it after being startled by the loud noise. She then heard their glorious leader call for everyone to meet at the main entrance and gave the loudspeaker the middle finger. " Fuk off Berry... " She grumbled as she crawled out from beneath the heating unit, reaching over and plucking her cigarette from where it had fallen and putting it back in the corner of her mouth then stood up, holding her head with one hand and swatting at the dirt on her pants with the other.

She sighed, taking a drag of her cig, then blew the smoke out into the room before reaching for her trench coat and throwing it on, then reached down and patted her revolver in its holster out of habit, before heading upstairs towards where Berry had said to meet. She didn't bother heading to the armory to grab a gun since she had her revolver with her, plus she was better at fixing things anyway.

She reached into her satchel of tools and pulled out her magically tinted goggles, slipping them on before pulling up the hood of her coat and stepping out into the cold, catching sight of the helicopter as it flew towards the outpost, the explosion noises getting louder with each passing moment.

Lightining looked and saw black boom had came out also. He asked him what was going on which lighting quickly replied

“I don’t know what’s going on, its probably a supply run, you think it’s a supply run. Why would anyone else come here other than a supply run. I mean I wouldn’t come here unless it was to drop off supplies but then again I’m a cool pilot so I might come here for a couple of boring reasons to drop stuff off. You know no offense I’m sorry was , talking too much again I know you guys said you don’t like that, I’m trying to stop really I am. I just find my self talking and I have these thoughts that I think you all should know and I think there’s nothing wrong with that right? am I right? hey, hey maybe there flying in a new cook, I mean they said they would get us a new one we need a new cook, I mean I don’t mind being the replacement I like to help out but it would be nice to have one right ? am I right?

berry came out with his coat on and cupped his eyes attempting to see further it was a helicopter alright and suddenly they heard another boom but it was softer. Berry wasn’t sure but it sounded like a rifle?

Lighting shouted “was that a freaking gun? Are they shooting at us? Are we under attack do we got to fight back ?

Berry ran up to lighting and shouted “shut it!”

“sorry sir”

the chopter drew closer Berry crossed his fingers hoping that all his men could get out here in time to figure out what was going on

suddenly form under the helicopter a small figure approached

is that a dog?” said lighting aloud?

Ash jumped to life as soon as he heard the crack of a gun, then the old intercom came to life and Berry told everyone to get outside with a gun. Ash quickly unlocked the armory and started gathering up rifles and ammo; practically half pack-mule, Ash slung three auto rifles along his back and had his ammo bag stuffed with as many cartridges as he saw fit to stuff in. As he gathered up the weapons the stallion made sure the armory was locked tight before running out towards the meeting point. Ash saw Iditarod running towards the armory and yelled, "Don't bother I already locked the armory up tight! Take this dog pony!" Ash tossed an auto rifle towards Iditarod with the barrel pointed towards the sky, then continued on until he'd reached where everyone had gathered, "What's going on? Did firemaggedon start yet?"

Well, that was... more than he had anticipated. Lightning was obviously excited, as he kept talking for a while, not seeming to pause at all between sentences. At least he was aware that he was talking a lot. Anyways, it seemed the stallion had no idea what was going on either. Pretty soon, Berry came out too, and another boom came from the helicopter, though it was softer and sounded more like a gun than an explosion. What was going on?

After the helicopter had landed, a figure approached from underneath it, though it was hard to tell what it actually was. Soon enough, Ash joined them as well, and Black rolled his eyes at the stallion's question.

"No, Ash, I don't believe it has." He said simply, still watching the figure in the distance.

Rift was in his favorite place in the entire base, the smell of stale air mixed with metal, gunpowder and grease made it so refreshing to him. A dodgy bench lamp was the only light in the Armory that was turned on, illuminating his newly made bracer as he added the finishing touches. his tools scattered around the work bench when the first boom sounded and knocked some of his tools off the bench, making a horrible noise and almost made him scratch the bracers delicate inscriptions.

"Erggghhh... at lest tell me your planning to blow something up!" he whispered angrily before returning his tools to there unruly mess on the bench and started muttering nonsense about rock farmers needing dynamite to farm. he heard the intercom and before he could move from his seat, ash burst through the door at a million miles a hour. unlocked the weapon cache, grabbing everything and anything that looked like a rifle or a piece of and locked it all up again.

"Hey Ash..." But he was already out the door.

His was not all to happy being ignored and after a huff he removed a Marksman Rifle with 4 Mags then hurried into his room to fetch his cold weather gear as fast as he could. complaining all the way about Ash's unbelievable speed and why he isn't some Olympian in a far away place...

Iditarod caught the gun as Ash tossed it to him. Figured there was no arguing. He followed after him towards the small gathering of ponies as they watched the helicopter approach. Hearing lightning say something about a dog, he squinted to see the small figure on the run from the pursuing vehicle. "Hard to say what that is at this distance." He muttered, "Sure is runnin' fast nuff to be a dog for sure." The sounds of gunfire and explosions was certainly unheard of out here... at least when the armory personnel weren't bored. He slung the rifle over his shoulder, "And I'd say we're not under attack. Looks like they're chasing what ever poor animal that is out there runnin'." Iditarod looked to Berry, "Ain't that chopper comin' from the direction of the Thule Base boss?"

Berry looked to Iditarod, he was right there was a base called Thule that was ran by the elk to the east. But they only heard about them in briefings, they never once made any sort of contact with them.

There was a loud echo this time it was unmistakably a gun!

He looked to his men

Ash had 2 guns. Berry for once was happy his men were all a bunch of anti social maniacs, and instead of listing to his order to bring t least one weapon. His quarter master Ash brought enough guns to take down Discord! Ash made his job hard but there was always something lovable about him.

Ruby was there, he understood that she was a widow, he understood she had it rough. But Berry always found her the most unpleasant pony to be around, she was rude obnoxious and rarely followed orders. But she was also a savant when it came to machines and it almost made it worth putting up with her snark

Black boom was next to lightning, if there was anyone on the base he actually trusted it was black. Black was intelligent, hardworking and overall a decent pony. he was the only one he really related to, and the only who he felt was "normal". He was sure he didn’t like being at outpost 31 but who actually would be?

Iditorod had a rifle in hand. Berry never fully trusted him. Sure he loved the dogs and was greatat his job. But he always displayed a little anti social behavior. Berry loved animals as much as the next pony but when it seems someone prefers them over ponies, it always rang a bell in his mind. Not to mention he always seemed prone to violence.

Rift had a weapon also. Berry liked rift at first. He always got the job done and seemed like a decent pony. Berry regretted looking at his profile and finding 2 failed physc evaluations. Ever since discovering that Berry kept a suspicious eye on him monitoring his movements

And at last Lightning front! Berry was pretty sure that this guy was actually a demon from tatrus sent here to make his life miserable. He was unlikable smug and lazy! He had been getting better and doing more work. But still Berry had a strong bitter impression of him.

Berry looked to all his men they were a bunch of misfits and weirdo’s but they were his men! And they would face whatever was going on together.

As the copter approach another gunshot ran out.

weapons at the ready team, hold fire.” Said berry his voice unsure of what would happen next

The copter got closer now. And sure enough there was a large husky underneath it running straight at them! the dog ran straight to Iditarod and jumped on him gently putting its paws on his chest, whimpering and licking his face

The bright yellow copter hovered above them and made a quick almost fatal landing

THOOSE! as the large machine hit the snow

berry raised his hands he didn’t know what was going on but he didn’t want a blood bath on his hands

steady team”

Out of the nearly crushed copter out popped 2 strange frightened looking Elk! One with a rifle the other with a box of something?

The one with the rifle ran forward shouting

WHELA SOGULA! WHELA SOGULA NON FURG NON FURG DOG DE DE DE WASS WASSS!”

the scared elk raised his rifle

berry didn’t speak elk and as far as he knew no one else did! Tried to do the “calm down” gesture with his hands but the elk stepped forward the one holding a box behind him, reached into the box and was holding something ready to use it at a moments notice

lighting stepped forward and shouted “HEY MOOSEMEN WHATS WRONG?”

DE WASS!” shouted the one with the rifle as he raised his weapon facing the team!

Berry raised his hand telling his team to hold steady. All this was happening so fast!

But then berry’s heart bursted time seemed to slow down when the Elk behind him drew from his box a thermite detonator! And looked like he was about to throw it at them

OPEN FIRE HE”S GOT A BOMB!” berry shouted

Black watched cautiously after the helicopter essentially crash-landed and two elk popped out. They were obviously freaked out about something, but he had never learned to speak elk, so he didn't know precisely what the problem was. From what he could tell, it had something to do with the dog, unless the word dog meant something else in their language. Black watched the animal closely, wincing at Lightning's shouting. Then came the call to open fire. He was not a combatant, and he hadn't even grabbed any of the rifles, so he simply took cover and tried to get out of the way of the others. A bomb? What were those elk trying to do?

Rift had dropped to a crouch the moment he exited the build and shouldered his rifle, looking down sight at the Elk waving his gun around speaking in gibberish. Dog was the only word he made out from mess of alien words... what dog?

He toke the opportunity to set the mags out in a line from his rifle, shift to a prone and wriggle himself into the snow.

"They nuts if they think they can kill us..." he commented while properly braced the rifle against his body. When the elk pointed the gun at him, he exhaled quickly and softly started to squeeze the trigger had the commander not raised his hand, instead he froze without breath with the cross hairs set on the first Elk's heart. When the orders came, he changed targets to the second elk removing the explosives and fired... he should've taken a second to check where he was aiming for his shot was going to hit either the box, the Elks hoof holding the explosive or its body.

"Shi-"

Ash held the rifle like he'd hold a flamethrower, from the hip and ready to swivel. He realized this was improper and quickly changed his placement, aiming at the elk as they started screaming, "What do they have against the dog cap? They ain't making any sense!" This situation would only end one way, if he had to guess he'd say they were delirious from the cold or something, or maybe they got cabin fever over at their base and just snapped, either way this would set off any moment now.

That's when Berry gave the order to let loose, and Ash didn't argue one bit; he realized that a gun wasn't a flamethrower however, and since Rift had already fired at the guy with the box, Ash decided he'd go for the other guy. Ash shouldered the rifle and gently squeezed the trigger on the auto rifle once, firing at the elk's chest in an attempt to drop him.

Iditarod was surprised to see it was in fact a husky that the chopper seemed to be chasing. He was even more surprised when the dog came to him. He supposed it made sense, but Huskies were more akin to wolves than dogs with their pack mentality, and Iditarod would stink of a different pack to this Huskie. It was either sick, or too scared to think straight. Normally a Huskie would be very wary of someone who stunk of a different pack. When the Elk started babbling, he picked up on "dog." Iditarod looked down at the Huskie. Maybe it was sick? They seemed pretty intent on killing the poor creature. With the one elk aiming at them all, and the other readying a bomb, Iditarod knew that today was about to get much worse. As his comrades opened fire, Iditarod shielded the pooch. His love of canines winning out over his will to fight. If the dog was sick, you treated it. You don't put down sick dogs. What kind of barbarians where these Elks?

Ruby had stayed quiet as the events had unfolded, shifting her eyes back and fourth between the elk and Berry. When the dog jumped on Iditarod and the elk pulled out a bomb, she hissed in surprise and anger, reaching for her revolver with her left hand. " Fukkin' morons! " She yelled out as she aimed down the sights, squeezing off a shot at each elk, aimed at their center of mass.

When berry gave the order his men unloaded!

The elk with the rifle was riddled with shots from ruby and Ash! He recoiled from the shots but before he fell he fired a single shot form his rifle!

Lighting was closest to him and saw the barrel pointed near the group!

Lighting didn’t think he just spread his wingsjumped in front of where most of the team was standing.

The Elk with the thermite charge by the helicopter was also riddled, with shots from Ruby and a very precise shot from Rift. He fell back with the charge active

BOOOOOM! BA BOOOOOM!

The charge went off destroying the helicopter!

Berry gasped clutching his chest looking at what just happened

Lighting giggled weakly.

he .. he .. he that woulll be kind cooo … if if “ he then fell bleeding profusely from his right wing!

Berry saw this and shouted

everyone get him inside!” he went as fast as he could to lightning and inspected the wing. He was shot in a very vascular spot meaning it would bleed a lot, if they could stop that bleeding he would be fine.

“ Everyone help me get him up and into the lab! Ash! ruby! get the extinguishers and put out that fire!"

Ash didn't even recoil from the explosion, the blast of hot air felt rather nice actually, it was good to feel some heat again. When the boss told him to put out the fire with an extinguisher he cackled out loud, "You're funny boss! Dealing with fire is my special talent, you just worry about Lightning." With that said, Ash gently placed the guns down and walked over to a huge pile of snow, which he then proceeded to jump into; after thoroughly coating himself in a thick layer of snow, Ash proceeded to yell giggling into the flames.

The snow was really more to keep his clothing from burning away as he stomped, snuffed out, and covered up the flames. Since he was little Ash had always had a gift with fire, some people said it was something about his coat, and some ponies called it some sort of earth pony magic, all Ash knew was that he liked fire and it liked him. Most of the fire now gone, the stallion examined his clothing for signs of damage, from the looks of it he'd only suffered a few singes, so the stallion dumped some snow on the last few blazes and stepped away to admire his handiwork. He turned to Ruby as he gathered up the guns he'd laid down, "Nice shooting Ruby." He said as he smiled and began walking back towards base as though he'd done nothing at all.

Black remained in cover, trying to figure out what was happening, until the bomb went off, soon followed by another explosion. The earth pony poked his head out from the cover to see both elk dead, and the helicopter thoroughly destroyed. Then the call went out to help Lightning get inside. Apparently he had been wounded during the ordeal. Shot in the wing. He rushed over to the downed pegasus, taking up a position to help him inside. Black didn't know that much about medicine, but he still wanted to help.

Rift saw the blood before lighting collapsed and surged up from the snow, packing the mags into his gear and slinging the rifle behind him. he teleported what distance he could, as quickly as he could to catch the bloodied pony before he hit the ground. A shot to the wing is not fatal but blood loss is and the cold made it even worse, and what little he could remember of his field medical application was probably going to do more harm then good, but he wasn't about to leave a team mate to fend for themselves.

He had suggestions of how to treat the wound but they haven't worked out well in the past.

Ruby snorted and rolled her eyes at Berry's words, scanning the snowscape with her eyes as she tapped the trigger guard of her revolver, making sure it was clear, before holstering the weapon and crossing her arms, knowing she would not be needed with the fire issue when Ash was around.

She continued to cast her gaze about, spotting the dog in Iditarod's arms, and Rift tending to Lightning, before shrugging and heading back towards the base.

At Ash's words she sighed in annoyance. " Yeah yeah, whateva. Nice job rollin' around in the snow an lookin' like an @sshole yaself Ash " She waved a hand in dismissal.

Iditarod stood there as everyone crowded around Lightning. There he was left with this Huskie... and an Elk corpse and a burning helicopter's husk. He sighed, dug into his pocket and pulled out a collar and a leash. He collared the huskie and put the leash on. "Come on you. Seems yer the root of all this trouble. Best get ya out of the way till we figure out what to do with ya." He'd lead the Huskie back to the Kennel. However, instead of putting the dog in the pen with the others, he'd leave it in a crate in the front hall. If this pup was sick or something, there was no need to expose it to the others. Juicy was also in a crate out front. There was also no need to put a girl Huskie in heat in the pen. Not unless they wanted Puppies on base. He looked into the main kennel. Seeing the dogs still crowded around the door. They all seemed on edge. "Easy y'all. Excitment's over with. We got ourselves a guest. Y'all be nice to 'em yeh?" He set about getting a food and water bowl filled and put in the kennel. He also topped off Juicy's food and water. He supposed he might have to hitch up some dogs soon. Thule base would have to answer for this madness. Thinking better of his situation, he rolled the stranger Huskie's crate into the storage closet of the Kennel. Much as he felt bad for the animal, he had to make sure the rest of the pack wasn't put at risk. "Sorry honey. I can't risk it. There's gotta be a reason them Elk wanted you dead... I ain't gonna put the rest of the dogs or myself at risk. Whatever's wrong, I'm sure it don't require puttin' a bullet in ya though." He shut the door to the closet behind him, and set about heading back to the main building.

With help from Black and Rift, Berry got Lightning to the lab and put him up on a table.

Black! Get me some clean cloth. Rift get me a belt or a ratchet strap anything that we can use as a tourniquet!"

Berry took a deep breath and got on the tabled he looked at lightning’s wings and remembered his anatomical lessons, he pressed down where the vein was and with the other set of hooves applied pressure directly to the bleeding hole

Lightning had his eyes closed and weakly asked “sir? No one got hurt right?”Berry looked down and said in concerned voice.“the elk are dead, but no one on the team got hurt.”

Lightning smiled and said “ga … good. I know … you guys don’t like me … but I like you guys.”Berry stayed silent moved by the young pegasis’s wordsHe yelled as loud as he could and shouted“everyone hurry up and get in here!

”----------------------------------

the dog obeyed. it follwed the order silently, its eyes focused, narrow. not moving its tail ears or anything. just watching, learning.waiting

After they had got the injured stallion into the lab, Black was asked to get some clean cloth. He nodded before running off in search of some. After a couple moments, he realized it would be best to just bring a first-aid kit, and he ran to the nearest one he could find, picking it up and running back towards the lab.

"H-here you g-go." He said, panting slightly from the running. His job didn't give much time for exercise. He set the box down on a nearby table before taking out the bandages and handing them to Berry.

Archived