The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

Midnight scowled at Slash, of course he would take HER side in this. She'd been dragged into it, and it served her as a reminder about why she avoided pepople in general. They were too complicated, too different, often too loud.

Midnight went silent when Tehengu said he didn't have any, that made everything a little harder. But meh, she'd figure out revenge one way or another, as she yawned and covered it up with her hand.

Slash gave a small nod in Tehengu's direction to show his gratitude. It might be difficult for them to trust each other now, thanks to Andrea. Slash could already imagine each of them shooting daggers at each other (not literally, he hoped) every time they pass each other.

Andrea swung the bathroom door open, causing a wall of steam to emerge from the room. " Ah! that's SOOOO much better! Hmm. Hope I'm not too late. " Andrea walked into the empty bedroom and toward her bag. Andrea reached into it and grabbed Slashs uniform. Tossing on the uniform and grabbing her school bag. Andrea marched her way to the door but stopped before opening it. " Well, I might as well be prepared for the worst. " Andrea made her way to the closet, grabbed her uniform, stuffed it into her school bag, and then ran out the door toward class. " Hope I'm not TO late. "

Midnight slipped into the classroom, taking a place near the back. She wasn't in the mood for places, and just hoped it wouldn't take too long before she could go back to her room and shower. She partly hoped that Tehengu would sit next to her, after all, out of everyone at the school, she got along with him the most.

Tehengu entered the classroom, looking between Slash and Midnight as the two sat in different parts of the classroom. After a second, he moved over to Midnight and sat next to her. She was his partner after all, he figured they might as well stick together.

Slash took out his books when he suddenly noticed that Tehengu and Midnight had disappeared. He turned around and saw them sat next to each other at the back of the classroom. He shrugged as he turned back around, wondering when Andrea would arrive.

Midnight couldn't hide the smile on her face as Tehengu sat next to her. She couldn't tell if he was reading her mind, but at least it meant she could speak to someone sane. She felt something cold wash over her. That was her first thought, to talk to him? She'd changed, she realized with slight horror. She was willingly to talk to other people, Tehengu only so far, but still. She hadn't realized what was happening to her, and it scared her in a way. But, taking a look at Tehengu, there were worse people to let in. He was kind, he took care of her, guarded her after that incident with the Grimm. And, while she hated to admit it to herself, he wasn't bad to look at either. She felt a rush of blood on her face, and she tried to beat it back. "...So, which class is this one?"

Tehengu settled into the seat as he took out his books. Midnight... She was a good partner. He liked her. She may be kind of anti-social, but he didn't really mind. At least she seemed to talk to him. And she was a good fighter, very able in close combat. That was a good thing, as he was mostly ranged attacks, so they could take care of enemies at a variety of ranges.

On top of all that, she even looked pretty good. He glanced over at her for a moment as she asked what class this was, sliding the book in question towards her so she could see the title. He really liked her, and it felt a bit strange, actually.

"I believe it is this one, Midnight." He said, watching her as he showed her the book.

Midnight looked at the title as Tehengu slid it towards her, nodding her head "Umm..thanks, i...yeah" She had stopped herself from speaking, mostly because she didn't want to make a fool of herself, which she kind of felt she'd already done and didn't want to make anything worse.

She pulled said book out of her bag, as well as a book to write in. Or at least, that was the intention. Instead, as she opened it up, it had a single picture on the front page. A wolf, black at the night sky, hunting through what looked like the woods. It's yellow eyes glowing, and a moon that wasn't fully drawn yet, still lacking a full circle and any colour. She slammed the book shut and turned bright red, hoping against hope that Tehengu hadn't seen that. She moved it off the table, trying to put it back in her bag quickly, but missing and it crashed to the floor at Tehengu's feet, opening to that first page with the image of the wolf. Midnight didn't seem to notice as she picked up another book, an unmarked one, and opened it to a blank first page, and stared intensely at it, trying to hide her embarrassment and hope Tehengu hadn't seen that. Last thing she wanted him to know what she had such a soft side to her.

Tehengu nodded as Midnight thanked him, taking out the book as well. He slid his own back over to himself as he looked down towards the front of the class, wondering when the class would actually start. He already had all his supplies out, the textbook as well as his notebook. He still had the book Midnight had given him to read earlier, though that was still in his bag out of sight for the moment.

He looked down as he heard a book hit the ground, taking in the partially finished picture on the page the book had opened to. It was a good picture, and he had no doubt it would be even better once it was finished, if the rest of the work was any indication. He bent down, picking up the book and looking at it for another second or so before looking back over at Midnight, closing the book and sliding it over to her.

"Is this yours? I think you dropped it." He said simply, watching her.

Andrea ran down the halls and toward her class room. It was the first class of the first day of actual schooling and she was already running late. " I hope this doesn't become a recurring thing. Hopefully professor what's his face thinks I just got lost " Stopping in front of the door, Andrea rolled her sleeves up to her wrists, and stuffed her pant legs down her pants. With a slightly nervous sigh, She lightly pushed open the door and slowly made her way toward one of the front row seats when she noticed. " Oh. Him. " Andrea made her way one row up from the row Slash was in and shimmied her way to behind Slash.

" Hey stooge. " Without looking, Andrea reached down and pat Slashs head. While patting his head, Andrea felt something. Something very strange that she'd never felt before. " Ears? Wait a second, you're an animal? Why wasn't I told that you're a kitty." Andrea removed her hand and looked at the ear " I didn't know they allowed animals in this school " With that, Andrea reached her hand down and began lightly flicking one of Slashs ears.

(It's right)

"I think it's obvious to anyone who sees me, my ears aren't even hidden" Slash said, purring softly has he was patted on the head. He continued to listen to Professor Port's lecture about one of his Grimm hunts when he suddenly felt something touching his ear; it felt itchy so he twitched his ear to chase it away, but it kept coming back.

Midnight was mostly just staring at her blank book, trying to think of anything to distract her from the embarrassing thoughts that Tehengu had probably seen that picture. It was her 'soft' side, part of her that while she loved doing it, she didn't want other people knowing about. She had kept to herself...mostly.

She turned to Tehengu looked startled as if woken from a sleep when he slide her book over to her. She recognised the cover instantly and felt her cheeks burn up a bright red. It was her drawing book! He'd seen it, she suspected she had missed her bag, but still! That meant he'd seen it, her soft side. Dread consumed her as she moved the book slowly on the bench over to her, leaving it on the bench because she was too embarrassed to think straight.

"...." she couldn't think of the right thing to say. It wasn't right to yell at him for her mistake, but she didn't want him to know she was weak, that she had this soft side of her. He was her partner, someone who relied on her to fight and be strong! ....Not draw pictures like a child. "Sorry..." was all she managed to squeak out before she went silent again.

Tehengu watched her reaction as she slid the book further over to herself. So it was hers after all, that was interesting. And she seemed quite embarrassed by the fact that he had seen it. Obviously she hadn't wanted to share this part of herself. He looked away just before she apologized, causing him to glance back at her.

"Don't be. It's good to have interests outside of fighting." He said simply, watching the professor and listening to his words.

Midnight felt something freeze over her as Tehengu replied to her. He..he didn't think she was weak for drawing pictures? She felt, relieved, maybe she didn't have to hide everything about herself, if Tehengu accepted it, then maybe he'd protect her if others tried to harrass her for it. She gingerly opened her drawing book as she heard what the Professor was talking about didn't seem to be interesting or helping her learn. She starting drawing, adding small finer details on the wolf as well as working on the moon. She glanced over at Tehengu, half of her waiting for the sarcastic comment about her being childish, half hoping he was serious.

Tehengu listened to the professor for a bit as he spoke, though it quickly became plain that this was a story, not a lesson. He sighed quietly at that before glancing over at Midnight as she worked on the image some more. He smiled slightly at that as he watched her work, still listening in on the professor's words.

"You're a good artist." He said simply as he watched her work.

Midnight had just finished the outline of the moon, having it just above the horizen. She had switched to another colour to start putting the finer details on the moon when she heard Tehengu speak, complimenting her which she couldn't help but smile about. Not only did he not put her down for a childish action, he was making her feel better. Midnight felt some of the cold inside vanish, maybe rejecting everyone, every human, because of what her parents had taught her wasn't the best idea after all. Tehengu had treated her like any normal human, hadn't said a single thing about her ears or eyes or anything like that. And yet she'd been the one who'd been differetn with him due to an injury which she felt disgusted at for.

"...T-thanks..Practise, years along with just books, paper and a box of coloured pencils" was her reply, feeling a burning sensation in her cheeks that she tries to hide, though not very successfully. Despite it, she kept working, not wanting to stop. She'd been putting this image off for months, now it was time to finish it.

Tehengu gave a hum at Midnight's words, opting to watch her draw over watching the professor. He was still listening to the story, however. He watched as she worked on the moon, switching to a different color. She really was a great girl, and a great partner. She had been distant at first, but she was opening up to him, and she seemed to appreciate how he treated her, which was no different from how he treated anyone else, judge by actions and personality, not by appearance. Just because someone was different didn't mean they were lesser than you. Case in point, himself. Even with only one eye, he could outshoot pretty much every archer he'd ever met.

Andrea huffed. " Well excuse me, but I don't usually look on top of peoples heads. And even if I tried I'm pretty sure I'd be too small to notice. " She said, as she continued to flick the kitty cats ear. Turning her attention toward professor what's his face. What was this guy even talking about? Is this really what the lessons are gonna be like? Just stories? Jeez if this is what the classes are then how'ed this place get to be so prestigious?

"Why dot you sit down here?" Slash asked, patting the seat next to him. He ask partly because he wanted to be closer to her, and partly because the constant flicking of his ears is starting to get annoying. He started to click his pen in boredom until he heard Port clear his throat, so he started to sketch Professor Port's face with his pen. The rough sketch was nice...maybe too nice. He wanted to the Port a mustache and a weird haircut, but he already has both. Maybe sketching Andrea would be good, that is if she sits next to him. He'd probably keep it to himself and put it under his pillow.

Slash silently chuckled as he thought to himself, giving the sketch of Port horns with pencil so he could erase it. Slash may seem like an ordinary guy (putting it lightly) from the outside, but he has many hidden talents. Music, art, woodworks, sports, you name it. Slash loved to try many things and is a quick learner, but he'll never reveal that, especially with that unamused face.

Midnight had managed to finish the finer details of the moon, and was now up to just colouring in and wrapping up the spots of absolute detail, which she could do later. Putting her pencil down, she smiled at her work. It made her feel calm, relaxed, maybe silly to feel, but that's what it was. Turning over the page, she look at it, wondering what to draw. She tuned an ear into listening to the professor, before realizing it was still the same old boring story and tuning out again. She twirled the pencil around in her hand, unsure what to start drawing. She needed some kind of insiration, something important or the such. Her first thought was Tehengu, because he was one of her first friends. But she didn't want that, he'd probably find it creepy that she was thinking of drawing him. Instead, she started dawldling with strange symbols that came to her mind.

"Kinda....boring, dontcha think?" she whispered to him "I mean, what are we meant to be learning here again?"

Andrea sat there for a moment, considering it Slashs request. " Well I came up here to avoid talking to you. But clearly, that didn't work. So, sure I'm game. Catch. " Andrea shoved her slightly open bag down toward Slash. Climbing over the desk and hopping down, Andrea sat next to Slash. " Wow, is the teacher even still here? How did he not notice this? "