The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

Ozpin shook his head. "That is still being investigated. We suspect the infiltrator is a student from another school that came here for the Vytal festival, the event taking place on the night of the ball is no coincidence. Judging from the footage we recovered from the security cameras, it seems like the infiltrator is quite skilled as she managed to escape from the guards that were pursuing her." the man said, taking a sip from his cup. "But we can only get so much information from the footage and the few eyewitnesses we have. Miss Blossom, if there is anything you can tell us, even the smallest of details, please let us know."

Midnight went silent, considering her option. Was it the same women from all those years ago? She had no idea, was it worth mentioning to them? What could they do with that information? Nothing. What if she pointed them towards the Fang, would that even benefit them? There were too many unknowns for her to calculate...

"That's no mere student" she said finally "Taking out the guards, and she managed to delay me long enough to flee. And I doubt she's the only one..."

The Faunus went silent again as her eyes moved to each of the 3 people in the room, the professor, the assistant and the general. Ironically, she was standing in a room with 3 enemies, or what she would have called enemies mere months ago.

"What did she achieve?" She asked eventually "You said it yourself, it was a targeted attack on a busy night. She had an objective, she had to have had one..."

"So basically, you have no idea about her objectives, nor if she achieved her mission..." Midnight assessed coldly, looking around the room. It seems none of them knew anything, and if that's the case.... "If you don't have any proper answers about who she was or her objectives, why call me here? Unless there's something specific you want from me, that only I can tell you about..."

Could she, no. Ospin was asking for information about her, and Midnight had no theories. She could only guess who she was, her intentions, her mission objectives and why she and Grim were now working side-by-side.

"If you're asking me about who she is, I couldn't tell you. I didn't get a look at her face, and she never said a word...But what I can tell you, if what I feel..." She looked at the three of them, and wondered if telling them, before her own team, was even the right decision to make. They'd call her crazy otherwise, and besides...her team, they deserved to know, even if it was only Slash who had no idea.

"Back, before I joined the academy, i'd heard rumours of a women who was unstoppable. Of course, I thought it was just that, a wild rumor used to scare children. A women who had unstoppable power at her fingertips...And call me crazy, but i'm certain that, whoever it was, has a partner..."

She turned to look Ospin dead in the eyes "I'm certain that I once worked for them, if my gut feeling is right, then the White Fang are involved in this, and i'd be willing to get that the General overthere is one of their targets...In fact, all of this started once he arrived, so I'd say all of this is an assassination attempt of Ironwood. It's somewhat close to how i'd of done it back when I was still a Fang..."

Ozpin cleared his throat to stop Midnight from talking, though it appears that it didn't work. He turned to Ironwood who looked back at him with wide eyes. "This girl used to be in the White Fang?" 

"Emphasis on "use to be", General." 

"That would explain her resentment towards the Schnee Family and me"

The headmaster sighed and shook his head. "Is there anything else you can tell me about this woman? Her appearance, her abilities, her fighting style?"

The look on the generals face was so worth it. The utter shock, the dumb confusion, as standing before him, was one of his former enemies. Oh how she'd love to cut him in half...

She took a passive step towards the General "And now you know why I don't trust humans General, and you can take a good guess at why I think you're the target. The White Fang bounty on you could set you up for life, if you're brave enough..."

She started pacing slightly, before frowning at Ospin "...She summoned a bow, from nothing but flames. I'll admit I've never seen anything like it, but given that alone, she's powerful...But outside of that, I haven't had enough time to figure it all out. There are a hundred different possibilities..."

"I have never target the White Fang, I only protect Atlas and its people." Ironwood stood firm as he looked down at the girl. 

Ozpin hummed as he listened to Midnight, frowning alittle. "Thank you, Miss Blossom. I'd appreciate it if you kept this matter to yourself, we wouldn't want the school to panic." 

Midnight couldn't tell if the General was intentionally antagonosing her, but she couldn't not get emotional.  And this lack of emotional control caused outbursts, something that is expected of her at this point in her life.

"You know what Atlas does to my kind General, and since you are, close, to them...Like I stated before, General, if I were leading the Fang and wanted to hurt Atlas, you'd be on my hitlist"

She looked back at Ospin, of course he wanted it kept hidden away. If the public knew about how easy someone broke into Beacon... "Of course, my team already knows about what occurred, but we'll keep it on the downlow..."

She started to walk back to the Elevator, and paused just in front of it. They knew she was a member of the Fang and could almost feel the general pointing a weapon at her back.

"Is that all i'm required for? Or is there something else you wish from me?"

"Midnight, that is enough. The General is better than you think, even if he is quick to take action without thinking." Ozpin's voice was sharper than before, hinting that he has lost his patience. He sighed and shook his head, "That is all, have a good day." 

So that's how far I can push him eh? Midnight turned and looked away, and was in a way pleased her warning wasn't being taken seriously. If Ironwood was to die in a White Fang ambush, she'd shed no tears. After her warning, it was on their so called leaders to act. And inaction, is just as bad as no action, in the Faunus' opinion.

"You too, Professor" she said as she entered the elevator and left the office.

She shook her head, all of that and nothing. No real answers...On the Brightside, they knew to stay out of her way. She exited the elevator, but hesitated. It was about time she told them all what she was, what she had been. But last she knew they were eating breakfast together, and announcing that then didn't seem like the most ideal time. She tapped her foot on the ground, before returning to their dorm room. She could only guess sometimes that they'll return, and then they did...they needed to talk.

"So the person who stole the fall maiden's powers is responsible." Ozpin said after the elevator doors closed. "We'll have to be very careful from now on..."

"This sandwich is good." Slash mumbled, taking another bite as he stared at the ceiling.

"I've just been thinking a lot about last night, it's bugging me a little." Slash replied after swallowing. He turned to Andrea and raised an eyebrow at the strange request. Andrea was the weird one today, not him. As far as he knew, nothing was really wrong with him. The Faunus gave in and smiled a little, ruffling the girl's hair as he did. "Is that better? Now finish your food or we'll be late." 

" Yeah, I know, how that feels. It's eating at me too. But, it's not like she's right here right now. And working your brain at it forever is just gonna make it overwork.  So maybe just chill for a bit. Okay? " Andrea started picked at her food a little, despite her own words, she had to admit she found it hard to think of anything else too.

" Yeah sorry, I'm also trying to think of something else. You're talking, and sulking just wasn't really helping. " Andrea said taking a bite out of crime breakfast " I'm just glad my Mom didn't see that you know? " She said, laughing with her mouth full. " That would have been scary. "

Andrea looked up at Slash "Oh, it's nothing." she put her utensils down in an oddly delicate manner. " She uh, was really strict when it came to training, performance, and especially when it came to missions." Andrea had stopped talking when she noticed that she had been neurotically tapping her fingers on the table. Putting her hands beneath the table, Andrea let out a nervous chuckle. " Y-yeah, she really doesn't take to kindly to mission failures.... "

Tehengu sat in silence as he ate his food, simply listening to Slash and Andrea speak to each other. He was surprised to learn that he actually had something in common with Andrea, as his Dad was pretty insistent on his training as well, dissapointed with each failure like he had sullied the family name or something. 

In any case, he gave a wave a grunt as the two left for the room again. He remained there, picking at what little was left of his food while his mind drifted back to his days training under his father. 

As Slash and Andrea would walk into the room, they'd find Midnight had, in fact, fallen back asleep. Upon returning to the room, the girl had sat on her bed, planning to tell the others everything, or, well, almost everything. And she waited, and waited, and waited, then she closed her eyes for a second.

All of which results in Midnight curled up on top of her bed, napping away with her White Fang Pendant weakly being held in her hand, as the girl slept away, ignorant to the world around her....again.