The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

Tehengu raised an eyebrow at Midnight's actions. This was a side he hadn't seen before, though there was nothing wrong with that. He looked around after her question, trying to get his bearings. Midnight was his partner now. That was good, he much preferred her to the human girl. Although Slash would've been good, Midnight was just as good.

"That way, I think." He said eventually, pointing off in a direction.

Midnight looked in the direction Tehengu was pointing, and nodded her head. Honestly, she had no idea. That fight had had her completely gotten her lost in the way of direction, so she was relying on Tehengu for it. He was her partner, and, well, he hadn't given her a reason to doubt him. They'd be a pair for...4 years, so she may as well learn to trust him, not that she had much of a choice in a way. "Well...only one way to find out I suppose?" She drew one of her blades, and began walking in the direction that Tehengu had pointed. While she could leap from tree to tree, she should be with her partner, after all, 4 years was a lloong time, and the worst thing she could do is annoy him. Plus he'd given her no reason to be mean to him.

Andrea sighed. " Yeah I figured that out. But I'm asking if you knew what they look like! And I guess I'll take this whole beating around the bush as no though, so never mind. " Andrea looked up and noticed something that was probably dangerous. With that gut instinct, Andrea made her way into the bushes. Looking toward Slash, she gave him a wink and said "Waaaayy Ahead of you. " as she crouched in the bushes, Andrea was still determined to make her way toward the relic. So using the various bushes, Andrea kept heading North.

Tehengu nodded at Midnight's words, heading off in the direction he had indicated together. He hoped he hadn't just pointed them in the wrong direction, but he believed he was correct as to this being north. He looked up at the sky as he walked, and his eye widened when he saw a large bird shape flying around.

"Be careful, there's a large Grimm up there in the skies." He warned, looking back to Midnight.

Slash shook his head as he followed her. Once he was out, he saw a temple with relics on different podiums. "This should be it" he said, jumping down from the small cliff with a front flip. He landed lightly on both feet and walked towards the podiums. "They are chess pieces" he said, looking at each of them.

Andrea flipped from the cliff and looked up before quickly making her way to the temple like structure. " Huh these things are unimpressive. They're just chess pieces. And some of'em are missing. I guess we're not the first ones. Hmm that's a tad disappointing. " Andrea grabbed the closest one, turned around and quickly made her way for vertical cover. " Dude! I got one, we should go in case that Grimm comes back around. "

Slash looked at the piece that the girl was holding. "The black knight? Interesting choice" he said as he looked for the other black knight; it's still there.

"Right" he said as he went after her. He wondered how Tehengu and Midnight were doing, they might have been paired together.

Andrea looked at the piece in her hand. " Oh yeah. " She lightly tossed it into the air and caught it. " I guess it may have something to do with me being THE QUEEN OF DARKNESS! " she yelled in a deep (well, as deep as she can get)gravely voice. Andrea cleared her throat, looked toward Slash and asked. " Who? Are they any good? Are they at least better then you? "

Slash chuckled lightly as she tried speaking in a deep voice. "I guess a girl like her has a jovial side too" he thought. As she continued to talk, he furrowed his brows and looked at the girl. "You can read my mind too?" he asked, placing two fingers on the bridge of his nose as he sighed. "Well, I can tell they are both skillful in different ways." he replied, ignoring the fact that she technically assumed that he was a bad fighter.

Midnight glanced up, and true to his words, there was a giant Grimm in the sky flying around. Midnight slowed her walk down, but there was little hope of taking it down with her blades, it was just too big!

"Any ideas? Or just ignore it and hope for the best?" She asked, knda hoping they just ignored it

Tehengu looked back up at the Grimm for a few seconds before shaking his head. He kept walking as he responded to Midnight.

"Let's not fight it. I'd rather not test my luck against that right now." He said, continuing along the path and eventually reaching where the relics were.

"Chess pieces... So, which one should we bring back?"

Midnight aggreed with Tehengu, those flying Grimm looked hard to kil. She'd never fought one herself, but she'd seen enough video's to know you don't wanna mess with them unless you have little choice. She continued walking with Tehengu, and actually liked it due to the silence. He wasn't trying to force a conversation, or get to know her straight away, or flirt with her, or anything. He seemed fine letting her do her own thing, and she liked that about him. He, respected? Was it respect? Or was he the strong-silent type? Either way, Midnight felt confident that they'd get alone, hopefully. He'd been kind to her, probably kinder than she deserved after what's she's done before, but she would take it in stride.

That's when she saw the temple, where the relics were. She had to admit, she loved a good game of chess. But why were the relic's chess pieces? Or was 'relic' simply not what she thought in his scenario? Probably just normal chess pieces. She looked at the, each piece had it's counter. For every white piece, there was a black piece. Midnight felt a cold chill race on her body as she walked up in front of the White Knight "Umm, Tehengu, I think I figured something out... Each piece has it's oppersite, for every white piece, there is a black piece...Does this mean, we're gunna be grouped with another pair?" She asked, as she picked up the Black Knight. She loved the Knight, such an annoying piece in a game of chess, if you used it correctly. She turned to face her partner, tilting her head slightly "Well.umm, this one work?" She showed him the Black Knight

Tehengu mulled over Midnight's words a bit as she went about selecting a piece. It seemed a distinct possibility that they would be paired with another two, though it seemed strange to pick teams this way. He looked up again as she asked if her choice was good.

"Black knight..." He said simply, scanning the area but not finding the black one. "Yes, that one should work just fine." He finished, looking back to Midnight.

Midnight looked over Tehengu's shoulder, but in the spot where she assumed the Black Knight would be, it was gone. She REALLY hoped she was wrong, and that it didn't make up her team, but if it did she just hoped they were as nice as Tehengu, which she severly doubted. Midnight threw the knight to Tehengu "Safer if you keep it, I have a bit of a bad habit of losing stuff from my own pockets" She admitted, shrugging. It wasn't like she got pick-pocketed, she'd just place stuff down, then forget about it. Worst thing they could do was lose the 'relic' they needed to collect. She look at him, curious about what was going on inside his head.

"...." Midnight realized that she'd completely missed what the Proffesor guy had said about what to do after finding the relic, where they meant to return to where they came from, or keep going north? She couldn't remember... Midnight swore at herself quietly, before shrugging at Tehengu "Umm..what way?"

Andrea cocked an eyebrow gave a smirk and sarcastically said. " Oh hahahahaha. You're soooo funny. " Ready to just ace this test, Andrea kept walking back into the direction of the launching cliff. " Skilled in different ways? Sounds like a nice way of saying they suck. " Andrea stopped in her tracks when Slash mention that someone was behind them " Do you think they might be trouble? " She said as she tightly held onto her sword.

An unamused expression grew on his face as the girl laughed. "Unless they are going to sabotage us, it would be best to leave them at it. Do you want to see who they are?" Slash said, hooking his thumbs onto his pockets.

Andrea was unsure. A part of her figured it would be good to at least know who they were and what they were up too. but another part thought it would be a better idea to just bail and get this test over with. She knew she was tough but a Nevermore isn't something most people could just sneeze at. Finally she decided," Okay, just a quick peek. But after that we really have to bail. "

Slash nodded and walked back. He started to slow down as he heard voices, one belonging to a male and another belonging to a female. Slash went closer and saw the both of them, a smirk growing on his face. "Hey Tehengu, hey Midnight. What are you guys doing?" he casually asked.

Tehengu looked around after Midnight's question. He wasn't quite sure where to head himself, but he guessed returning to the start would probably be best.

"Let's just head back. I think that's where we need to go." He said, stowing the piece he was tossed and turning to head back into the forest. That's when Slash emerged, asking what they were doing, and the human female appeared behind him.

"We were grabbing our relic." He said, casting a glare at the girl. "If it's all the same, I'd rather save my strength for the Grimm." He said to her simply, heading off into the forest again towards the cliff.

Midnight didn't say much after Tehengu said they should return, he trusted his judgement, not him, just his judgement, for now. She wanted to trust him, but, old habits die really really hard. That's when she saw Slash and the other girl come out, had they been..spying on her? She again kept silent and let Tehengu speak for her, but she kept her hand on her blade just in case.

"Calm down angel, we don't need to fight other students" Slash said with a nervous smile. "We've got ours, let's head back together then. It would be safer since there is a Nevermore circling above our heads"