The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

"I knew it, she's still in bed." the teen sighed, walking up to the lump on the bed. He poked her, hoping to get her up so that she could go to class. "Midnight, you know what time it is? You seriously need to get up." Slash said, looking at the clock. Sometimes it's obvious who is more like a cat, though it's not a surprise coming from Midnight. After all, Slash is only half cat.

"Well of course she is. Such a lazy kitty." Walking into the room, And pointed her arms at the mass of cat that was sleeping in the bed. "Ysee? Lazy, lazy kitty." As Slash approached her, Andrea went back to her stuff and grabbed her sword. Turning it on it's flat side, Andrea approached Midnights bed and said " It's late." Andrea smacked Midnight " It's time to get up. " SMACK!

The groan that came from Midnight as she was poked wasn't kind or welcoming. However, despite the poke, she didn't get up. She had intended to get up, but as being a her, she was sleepy. Being a 'Pure-Blood' cat, it was second nature to nap.

HOWEVER the rudeness that assaulted her, that being Andrea, woke up right up with a feral growl! She fired a death-glare at Andrea, and the urge to make art with her insides rose once again.

"I'm awake, Pest" She said to Andrea "If you want to survive, back up..."

She took a sigh, despite the rudeness and her anger...It was time she talked.

"....Slash, Andea...Can I speak to you? B-both of you, for a moment...?"

After a few minutes, Tehengu sighed to himself. It was clear he wasn't going to finish this, so he just threw the parts he hadn't touched into a box so Midnight could eat something, the rest going in the trash before he began heading back to the room. 

• Like 1

" No need to talk to yourself hun. Calling yourself a pest is a bad sign. " Throwing her sword onto her bed, Andrea sat herself down and said. " You? Want to talk to us!? Jeez Slash, think she's finally coming out of her coccoon. Can't wait to see those wings flap." Snapping herself out of it for a moment. Andrea continued. " But uh, yeah. What's up I guess. "

Despite Andreas' antics, something the cat was slowly coming to deal with, it was more Slash she was worried about. He was the unknown...And she had to open up.

"Andrea, i'm certain you already know....And I told Tehengu myself, but...I feel like I should just, come out and say it. It's time I stop, hiding in my past..."  She took a deep breath to calm herself, before finally saying it out loud.

"I was a member of the White Fang for around two years. I hunted, attacked and killed during those years, I served as a hit-squad soldier, an assassin and an informant.....And I know the current leader personally..." She knew she needed to go into detail, and explain what she was, and to not have them pity her. She couldn't stand pity. "I'm not asking for you to pat my shoulder and say i'm sorry, or to look at me differently...I'm the sum experiences of my entire life, without the Fang, i'd be just a scared girl with no where to go. I'm telling you, not to try and change me, but so you understand who I am..."

She wasn't sure what else to say to them, that she didn't regret it, that she was in love with the leader still, that she'd met him. There was so much she could say, should say, that she left it out entirely. Instead, she simply put her pendant on, wearing it proudly.

"Eh? I thought you were an alien from outer space! I was totally off!" Slash scrambled his hair in frustration. It wasn't a surprise to be honest, she gets too emotional about everything related to the White Fang. Slash also remembered the time when they fought Roman Torchwick, Midnight's reckless behavior can be explained by this. 

Now that he's said that, he can analyze without them thinking that he is. Midnight said that she was a member for 2 years, Slash could safely assume that she recently left judging by her attitude towards them. She also said that she knows the current leader personally, the thought made Slash furrow his eyebrows. What does this all mean though? Does Slash see Midnight in a new light?

"No wonder you looked familiar..." Slash said without thinking. 

So Slash was starting to get infected by Andrea's sarcastic humour? She shouldn't have been too surprised, the Faunus was seemingly obsessed with that human, although Midnight couldn't, for the life of her, comprehend why. She had been about to go back to another nap, when Slash said something that her ears did indeed pick up.

"No wonder you looked familiar..." 

That one sentence, sent her mind into complete overdrive. And she found it impossible to hold her tongue.

"....What did you just say Slash? You've seen me before in the camps?" Her tone changed, no longer a friend, but an interrogator. She wanted to know what he meant, and the look in her eyes wasn't the most inviting.

Crap, he needed to fix his habit of speaking without thinking! SAY SOMETHING YOU IDIOT! 

"Hm? What camps? I saw you in some police files. My Dad is a detective that was in charge of White Fang cases, I saw the descriptions and rough sketches while I was with him at work." Slash replied, a confused look on his face. "Are you alright? I know you just shared some personal stuff, but you look like you're about to strangle me..." It might not convince her, as she is the type who doesn't easily trust, but she won't be able to do anything to him. 

Did she believe Slash? Not entirely. She wasn't sure why, after all, his reason was completely valid. Any detective that was following the White Fang would have seen her. Her running away from Vale into the forest, her return, the murder of her Ex where she used her parents as scapegoats to escape alive. And then her involvement with he leadership of the Fangs head, Grimm, wasn't uncommon knowledge for anyone who paid closed attention to the White Fang and its activities.

So why did she not believe him? She wasn't certain, and hated herself for not putting any trust in her team lader.

"I'm sorry Slash, it's just. I guess my time in the Fang made me very cautious, and I thought that, I don't know...Ignore all of that, just, yeah..."

She doubted Slash was part of the Fang the more she thought about it, if he had been, there was no way he'd be this attached to a Human, especially one like Andrea.

Andrea smirked and remarked " Well, it's not like you were doing a very good job at hiding it, kat. " Leaning back on her bed, Andrea continued to listen as Midnight spoke about the things she had done during her time in the Fang. Nothing to shocking, mostly what she had come to expect from any Fanger. Andrea was about to completely zone out of the kats confession, opening, cocoon breaking thing when suddenly she said it. The words she had always wanted to hear came out of her mouth. Andreas eyes shot open, and she began to stare directly at Midnight, the gears in her head turning processing the words she had just heard. Of all the people, who would know. Of course it had to be her. Who else would it be? Being intensely focused on her new lead, Andrea had blocked out everything that wasn't Midnight, she had to do something. She attempted to take a moment to formulate a plan but her mind was to busy racing with all kinds of rage, joy, and anxiety. After her moment of awkward staring, Andrea put her 'plan' into action and opened her mouth again. " You know Grimm huh? Prove it. Where does he hang around? " She asked faking her usual aloof and smug attitude.

"What?!" Slash was shocked as Andrea uttered a name that was too familiar, one that he hated very much. How does she know his name? No one knew who was the leader at all, and yet Andrea clearly knows who she is talking about. Slash clenched his fists and kept quiet, looking at Midnight and waiting for her reply. 

Midnight felt ice run up her veins as a single question dominated her mind. HOW DID ANDREA, ANDREA, KNOW GRIMM?!?!?!?!

Her face screamed her shock, her seemingly relaxed mood shattered as she felt various emotions stream over her body, and even she had no idea how to react. Beat the answers out of Andrea, fun, but ineffective.

"...Y-you know Grimm? H-how....?" Midnight was nothing short of stunned. Grimm hadn't opened up to her about his life before the fang much, he'd said to look forwards once you'd settled your past, so she'd never questioned him about it. And, having just put her past at rest, she'd listened to him and obeyed him instantly.

"I met Grim when I ran away from the police, he was already basically running the Fangs at that point...b-but how do you know him?"

"Ah, she broke." the faunus thought as he watched the colour drain from Midnight's face. If she's reacting like this, it may mean that her relationship with Grim is more than just partners. 

Slash wanted to know the answer to Midnight's question too; he had no idea how Andrea could have known about Grim, the leader was a careful man after all.

• Like 1

Andrea smirked at Midnights reaction. Clearly a cord has been struck. If she couldn't get the answer she wanted she could probably get Midnight to give her another lead. After such a long dry spell of information, the thought of another lead gave Andrea the jitters. She could hardly stop her hands from shaking. In an attempt to mask her shaking hands, Andrea, using her semblance, began fiddling around with a few of her blades. " Of course I know who that is. " she said, smirking and blushing. Being I satisfied with her answer, Andrea sighed and said " That doesn't answer my question though. Do you just not know? Are you just spreading lies? " Stealing a quick glance at her hands blades, Andrea realized that it wasn't a bad idea in case things escalated.

(first phone post yay!)

Too much was happening for the cat to process. Slash's knowing of her and Grimm, Andrea knowing Grimm exsisted at all! Why was her entire life crumbling on top of her all at the same time?! All of was happening now, and the cat was trying hard to not feel swept away.

"I told you, I met Grimm when he was already in charge of the Fang. I never knew him before, nor really anything about him..." The look of anger that crossed her face at Andreas' accusation, and she had to do her absolute best to reel in her raging emotions.

"I know Grimm....I....I..." She couldn't find it in herself to say it, not to them. I love Grimm. Those three words were too hard to say in front of anyone...

It was then that Tehengu arrived, about to open the door when he heard them talking. He paused for a moment, listening to what he could, which was essentially just that Midnight knew the leader of the Fang, who was apparently named Grimm. Something about her voice though made him frown as he opened the door and handed off the bag to Midnight. He then set about collecting his things for class without a word to any of them. 

"Stop, that's enough." Slash said, shaking his head. "It's in the past, so there is no reason to question her further." He said that, but Slash was still wanted ask more questions. Now was not the time though, they had more important things to do. "We should probably go now, it's almost time for cl-" Slash heard the door open, Tehengu came in and handed Midnight a bag that smelled like breakfast. He watched Tehengu gather his stuff, being more quiet than he usually is. "Let's go, we need to prepare for our field trip too."

The tension in the room was broken by the sudden arrival of Tehengu. The faunus blinked several times at the bag he'd given her, before sniffing and smelling the food! She looked over to thank him, before frowning. Something was wrong with him, he hadn't said hi or nothing,

The Faunus started munching down the food, before placing it down and walking up to Tehengu, tapping the archers shoulder.

"I...I told them, about the Fang..." she informed him, unaware he'd heard anything through the door "Are you ok T? Y-you seem, off..."

Tehengu said nothing still, staring down at his bag as Midnight spoke. After a bit of silence, he spoke. 

"Fine. I'm fine." He said, though there was a twinge in his voice that suggested it was not. He kept his face as neutral as he could, though there were hints of hurt and anger in his eye. Part of him wanted to confront her, but the rest of him convinced him this was not the time or place. Instead, he left the room and began heading for class. 

Slash's ears twitched, he had never heard Tehengu's voice sound like that before, maybe he ate something weird and his stomach is reacting.

"Anyways, we should get going. The bell is going to ring soon" he said, picking up his books and patting his hair down.

Andrea flashed a false confidant smirk," But if you really did know him, you'd know where he hangs around. You'd know where he hangs his hat than. "  As much as Andrea tried to keep her facade, she couldn't help but let some of her anxiety and frustration slip through. " If you know him, Prove it! " Suddenly, Tehengu barged into the room like some kind of jerk! " Hey! We're busy here! Yeah, you better run. "  With Slash's words, Andrea was snapped back into reality.  Andrea resolved to chase this lead another day. Soon. Grabbing her stuff Andrea sighed. " Alright, fine. Let's go. " Still feeling agitated and nervous, Andrea walked up to Slash and clasped his hand.

Slash suddenly felt something grab his hand, quickly turning to see Andrea next to him. "Is everything alright?" he asked, a puzzled look on his face. Andrea is very forward, but she doesn't do this stuff casually. Maybe she's doing it because she wants something.

Well, Midnight had learnt one useful thing. Tehengu was a horrible liar. Even she could tell something was bothering him, but what? Was it about last night and her being in danger? She wasn't sure, and after grabbing what she thought she'd need to class, she ran after him.

The Faunus eventually caught up to him in one of the hallways, and grabbing his arm to try and get him to stop. Part of her was worried about confronting him, but, she cared about him too much to not find out. "Tehengu...Please, you're a horrible liar...What's the matter?"