Intermission: Worst Episode

Of the episodes below, which most needs to be at least 20% cooler?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Of the episodes below, which most needs to be at least 20% cooler?

• Owl's Well That Ends Well
    • Griffon the Brush Off
    • The Show Stoppers
    • A Bird in the Hoof
    • Feeling Pinkie Keen

"Owls Well That Ends Well" *sigh*

That one just did not do it for me at all. I mean, I love birds, but Owlysius just didn't excite me at all. I guess he wasn't....*sunglasses*...much of a hoot.

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI/

Also, I'm not fond of Spike, so the fact that it was a Spike-centric episode wasn't to my liking either.

-didn't bother reading all the posts-

what is this D: why does owl's well that ends well have so many votes? that was one of my favourite overall episodes. (I think it places in fourth or fifth for me) I understand people not liking the "who" joke and the fake mouse joke, but to be honest, almost ALL of the episodes have at least one bad joke in them. it was just when Twilight partook in the who-joke-ness at the end that bothered me.

but I guess this explains the lack of fan stuff that I've come across for this episode...

I dunno... I just really liked it for some reason. I really liked getting to see spike, and in most episodes he seems kinda cheesy to me, but not this episode.

I picked feeling Pinkie keen as the worst simply because there were TOO many bad jokes. I think my second least favourite is the sleepover one (I forget what it's called) but it's not on the list :\

for the rest of the episodes listed there, they were kind middle-of the-road for me :\ A bird in the hoof being my favourite of the three and griffon the brush off being the least of the three.

actually I lied, Griffon the brush off is one of my least favourite episodes actually. Gilda looks really cool, but I just couldn't stand her character >_< and not in a "I hate you, so you make a good villain" kind of way. I can't stand to listen to people like that at all, even if they're just a cartoon character for one episode of a show. they're just so fake, I can't even handle it :scream: but other than the parts when Gilda was talking, it was a really good episode.

I'm kind of surprised Gilda is hated by so many people. She's always been my favorite one off character besides Trixie (and Luna, if you count her).

Than again, I've never been a big Fluttershy fan, so maybe that's it.

I have to agree with every pony else here, Owl Well that End Well is easily my least favorite for all the same reasons( poor Spike characterization, Owlisious being a boring pet, that stupid "whoo" joke). However the one thing that annoyed me the most was the climax and the missed opportunities with it. Throughout the show I've been interested in the dragon lore of the world and how it related to Spike, being the only dragon living as an Equestrian citizen; how does he feel about the wild dragons that roam the Everfree and lands outside Equestria and vice versa.

I'm already disappointed that Spike wasn't with the mane 6 during "Dragonshy" as there would have been an excuse for some exposition explaining this stuff. Not only was I annoyed that the dragon was just a palette swap of the red dragon(why couldn't it be the same dragon? I like continuity in my shows) but hated that he had no compassion for a lone infant of his own kind. I would have been a much more memorable scene had the dragon given Spike some words of wisdom and a bit of history on his dragon brethren instead of roasted spines and a heart-attack.

I'm kind of surprised Gilda is hated by so many people. She's always been my favorite one off character besides Trixie (and Luna, if you count her).

Than again, I've never been a big Fluttershy fan, so maybe that's it.

I love griffons, so I can't find myself entirely hating Gilda. I mean, she was a b****, to be sure, but I kinda want to forgive her and give her lots of hugs. I AM TORN.

Funny, this vote generated far fewer votes, but spurred much more discussion.

So a majority agrees on Owl's Well being the worst. Well, if anything it was a missed opportunity. I would like to have seen the conclusion be left open, with conflict remaining between Spike and Owloicious. It leaves the door open for a lot of humorous conflict down the road, and contrasts well with the shoe's usual saccharine conclusions.

Funny, this vote generated far fewer votes, but spurred much more discussion.

So a majority agrees on Owl's Well being the worst. Well, if anything it was a missed opportunity. I would like to have seen the conclusion be left open, with conflict remaining between Spike and Owloicious. It leaves the door open for a lot of humorous conflict down the road, and contrasts well with the shoe's usual saccharine conclusions.

That would never have been an option for a show called "Friendship is Magic," lol.

Plus, I remember stating at the time that we wouldn't see Owloicious ever again, and people disagreed with me. I still doubt we'll ever see him.

I wasn't that keen on Bird in the Hoof. It was just way too predictable for me, though the opening was good when Trollestia came to visit.

But I loved the meteor shower scene in Owl's Well that Ends Well! My only gripe is that everypony seemed a little... Out of character? Still, i don't think it deserves bottom spot. :sniff: