Season 5 Story Line?

RainbowFoxxy

Sorry if there's already a topic on this. I did a quick read through and didn't see one soooo, I guess I'll just ask away. :)

After watching the season 5 trailer a couple times it appears to me that what they are advertising looks and feels kind of like a movie broken up into little segments. The seasons have all had plot lines developing throughout, especially the culminating last two episodes of the seasons, but they also had stand alone episodes. Has anyone heard if this season is going to be similar or will it be more like what it looks like, one big running plot driven through lots of episodes?

Either way I would be fine with it. More FiM is more FiM :D I'm just wondering what you guys have heard or seen....

here is what to expect in the season

Twilight dealing with the destruction of the Golden Oak Library by Lord Tirek

The entire Pie family

A 100th special episode focusing on background characters

Princess Luna having a nightmare

"There will be 26 episodes in season 5."[22]

"there will be episodes that focus on the 7 main characters as well as others."[23]

"numerous songs by @dannyimusic will be featured throughout the season."[24]

"we will see more of the new castle revealed at the end of season 4"[25]

"Rainbow Dash will say "woah woah woah""[26]

"Pinkie Pie will break the 4th wall"[27]

"somepony will die"[28] (later stated to be a joke)[29]

"maybe some confetti explosions"[30]

this is what i see to expect in it but of those two i would say the latter

I'm gonna guess that the trailer is only covering the first two episodes. I think the story in the trailer will probably be resolved in a two-parter premier. But I'm certainly not opposed to an overarching storyline either. At one point, the narrator said "in a world you have just begun to discover" or something like that so I'm pretty excited about the world building aspect either way. :D

Honestly, I don't think there'll be much in the way of an overarching storyline. All that Tree of Harmony business in S4 was not much more than season bookends linked by a mere five episodes sharing a similar formula. Smart money will be that S5 will be as episodic as previous seasons, with only a bare-bones narrative loosely linking S5's episodes together.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I can tell, Season 5 seems to revolve around the Mane 6 traveling across Equestria to solve problems with their knowledge of friendship. From a certain standpoint, we can say that this season will involve an overarching plot of some sorts.

Archived