Taken Away by Chance, Part 1 (GRAND REOPENING! Recruiting!)

Noedig

post-1365-0-18459700-1424295811_thumb.pn

This is Noedig, a solitary man from another dimension of Earth you know.
At 4 years of age, his parents and him were caught in an accident, a toxic waste barge crashed near them. The parent protected their little boy as a shield from the explosion and toxic liquids. Sadly, the parents died in their protection, that saved their boy from instant harm.
But alas, the toxic material went through his lungs, causing a hard time breathing overtime. An emergency ambulance came quickly as possible to find any survivors.
The only victims were the boy and his family, they picked him up immediately for medical attention.
They found out he's been exposed to the toxic liquid's fumes, so they took him to a medical lab.
The doctors and scientists there have been informed about the incident before they arrived, so they prepared for examinations and test results.
The boy has been through all the tests and examinations thoroughly, they found no legal way to save him. The only thing that could have saved him was to super-form him.
During historical wars, they have used test subjects to enhance combat strength and mental reflexes, they found out it was a 14/100 chance to successfully not driving them insane and die a few days after the test...
They banished the practice of human enhancements, anyone who's committed it would be temporary banished from their home dimension to live in another one, if any test subjects have died, whether willingly or not, they will be executed. A lot of doctors were afraid of that punishment...
But not for these people, they wanted to save the boy no matter what... so, they've done their own human experiments.
With not much time, they started inventing a solution.
After they have finished, they injected hourly dosages of their solution for 5 hours.
After that, they immediately went for examinations... the boy was in a stable condition!
Relieved that they saved him, they celebrated among the group... only to find the federal surrounding them as they did...
They have been arrested, courted, and judged 25 years of solitude in another dimension.
As for the boy.... they banished him for an eternity until he found his own way back home...
From that point on, the boy taken to another dimension whose time a little before the Crusaders existed in its time and lived in it.
Raised by Israelite nomads, he was given the name Noedig. Never knew anything about himself or his parents.
By the time he aged 35, he was contacted by the same group who saved him from the toxic incident. He immediately recalled what happened!
They gave him a proposition... to work with them as a "supervisor" for the dimension, they say there's serious paradoxical incidents occurring in the dimension. He asked how it'll work, they said they would activate his enhancements if he agreed...
He recalls the experimentation that took 5 hours of dosage, so he figured what they meant.
But... the catch for working with them is a completely solitary life with little to no friends in contact.
He accepted prudently... he was honored to work for the greater good.
With his powers activated, it increased his longevity to only 3 millenniums, permanent long and short term memory, and electrical manipulation and creating it.
Since then, he has been working with them for quite some time.

This is the briefest I could explain about his beginning life. You may find out more through out this RP. You can also PM me about it if you'd like! Now let's begin!

Knowing not where he is, one second he was in his home, ready to leave for a mission in foreign territory, all of the sudden, he is in foreign territory. But this foreign place is more foreign than the most foreign place he's ever been in.
He slowly looks to his left, then slowly to his right, and back straight forward... there's nothing but strange forest for miles to see...
"..... By God's Holy of Holy..." He said, slighting quivering, "... what in the actual Hell happened to me?"
A slight footstep was heard behind Noedig, he quickly turned 'round taking out a long, thicker structure of a katana from his back side... What he saw he couldn't comprehend...
A couple of ponies, 4 to be specific, wearing strange clothing, like casual clothing or something like it. They were a bit frightened by his sword.
"Wh... What is this?" He said, speechless to say anything else. He wanted to know what happened to him...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tehengu had been taking a leisurely flight around the woods while he searched for another job, wearing his full gear, armor and weapons. He glanced down at the woods he was flying over to spot a strange figure holding a sword as he stared down a small group of ponies. He came to a stop, hovering in the air a bit before drawing his greatsword and touching down behind the figure.

"What's going on here?" He asked simply, standing at the ready in case the figure attacked.

((Deja-Vu!))

"Wh... What's going on here? I don't know! Wh.... A griffon? Griffons never talked to humans, and they've been extinct for centuries! I've seen them all die..." This brought up memories in Noedig's mind, which he cannot forget, in fact, he can never forget anything thanks to his experimental powers... anyway, he remembered griffons that never talked to anything but themselves. You could hear them talk, but it was not understandable by most people... only a few knew what they said. They all died due to a terrible war against harpies. "Harpies..." He said. "What's happened to me? One second I walked right into the gates of hell, facing the most deadly opponent that has ever walked the Earth... then the next second I'm standing in the middle of some forest, being feared by some... ponies, and a griffon, who is affable to humans, with a sword..."

He threw his hands up in the air.

"Why am I even talking to you? For all I know I must've gone asleep somehow and I am dreaming all of this up......" He said. Then he got an idea....

He looks at the griffon, examines him... he looks strong...

"You, seemingly a griffon, punch me as hard as you can, like you're about to kill the one who rapaciously slaughtered your closest friend in the whole world... in one hit."

He said, beckoning him to hit him where ever seems fit for the creature.

"Trust me, I think I'll be fine.... I think. I wanna know if all of this is real..."

(Figured I might as well bring him back.)

Harpies? Humans? What was this guy talking about? Tehengu kept his gaze firmly on the figure as he continued spouting what sounded like nonsense. Then he somehow reached the conclusion that he was asleep, which wasn't that strange considering he apparently had no idea how he had gotten here. The large griffon blinked his good eye as the figure requested to be hit hard. He stared for a couple seconds before shrugging, letting go of his sword with one of his claws and balling it into a fist before throwing his weight behind the punch, which connected with the figure's jaw.

Noedig flew, almost literally knocked out of his shoes. It was a really good hit.

He was sent flying spinning in the air and landed on his neck with a hard thud.

He wasn't moving, until he got up 7 seconds later...

"Well..." He said, grunting his way back up standing, "It has come to my conclusion that all of this is very much real... my apologies. Also, good punch... it's very focused."

He's shown to be hurt significantly. It really hurt his jaw, though luckily, he didn't bleed nor lose any teeth.

"Uh... so... where am I?" He said, sheathing his sword, and rubbing his jaw.

Tehengu watched the figure as he laid there after the hit. Had he actually killed him? Apparently not, as the figure got up several seconds later. At least he seemed convinced he wasn't asleep now, so that was good. The large griffon nodded at the compliment about his punch, sheathing his sword after the figure did.

"You're in Equestria." He said simply, watching the figure closely.

"... Equestria?" He asked, chuckling a bit. "That sounds like a world of horses or som--" He suddenly paused, and slowly turned his head at the pony-like creatures who wore clothes. "... Let me guess. You... you can talk?"

"Uh, yep." One of the ponies said. "The name's Grey. Fazed Grey."

Hector Varskie
Choir of War

What was fear? Something that make one quiver and cry as whatever causes the feeling comes? Perhaps it's when something becomes reality as they wished it didn't. Death, violence, betrayal, shame, unknown. For one, the question is not what is fear, but how will he face it.

Running through the dense fog and forestry, a lone soldier came upon a broken down castle. Coming to a stop, he looked up and saw a bell that seemed to be in good shape. "I'll use that... to contact the rest of the squad." He said to himself. Before continuing, he looked around and saw that he was still alone; at least he saw nothing within the fog. With that, he rushed forward and into the castle. It was destroyed within, but still had a way of getting to the top.

(0:00 ((Start of the song)))
Running up the spiral staircase, the castle seemed to of had a great deal of floors. Truly this place was build for royalty. He had seen many castles like this one before, but most of them were littered with traps and torturer chambers. Upon finally reaching the top, he opened the door in front of him and saw the giant bell. Catching his breath, he looked over the edge and out into the forest. "I really hope... this will work." He said, his body nearly giving out in exhaustion; yet there was still a mission to be done.

(0:56)
Grabbing onto the rope that hung down front within the bell with both hands, he pulled down hard, making the hammer swing and the bell swayed, making an old metallic echo ring out loudly. He did it again a few more times, hoping whoever else was out there would hear and follow towards the noise. This was insane; ever since they got to this world, none of their equipment worked right. Their two way communicators just completely gave out as soon as they stepped out of the stasis field and into this world; a world that wished to devour everything that wasn't origin to it by creating creatures worst than anyone's nightmares; and a god that controlled them all. Everything will be fine. they were told, It's just another mission. After ringing the bell a few more times, the soldier hear chilling roars echo out from within the forest. This was not what he wanted to attract.

(1:15)
It wasn't long before every creature within a six hundred foot radius came running towards the castle to see who or what was causing the bell to ring. The soldier had a sinking feeling in his gut now. He could fend them off for now, but how long before he was out of rations and ammunition? His demise was inevitable, just as it was for every other member it seemed. "This... blasted book... why must we risk our lives to find and protect it? It's just a book, isn't it?" He said as he placed a hand behind himself and onto a bag on his back to make sure that it was still there. It was then that he heard something banging hard onto the door far below; they were trying to break it. This was his fear; to be alone, and to die alone. For a moment, he then smirked as he turned towards the entrance way towards the bell and readied his weapon. He wasn't going to die alone; he was going to take down as many of them as he could.

He heard the front door below splinter in as the creatures rushed inside, finding a way to get to the top and end the sound. This was it; the soldier's time ran downward to the final moments. He heard snarls and claws scrapping against the stone stairs; they had found their way. Just as the soldier readied his gun, he heard giant wings flapping behind him. Turning his attention showed him that a drake now hovered there with bright golden eyes.

(3:35)
It hovered there for a moment, staring the soldier down before letting out a loud screech that would bust the eardrums of any normal person. Luckily the suit that the soldier wore could dampen and regulate sounds around him; perfect for pinpointing targets far away and situations like this. Being unaffected, he turned and aimed at the young dragon, and just then the door to the roof began taking a beating. Without hesitation, he unsheathed a sword he had on him; a black blade that had golden etching on it. This was it; the final stand.

As the door busted down and the creatures poured out, the drake inhaled, readying for a massive fireball. The soldier readied himself as well; waiting for the fangs and fire to rip through him. He closed his eyes, waiting, and waiting. It was soon that he realized that nothing had touched him; and even more so surprising, there was no more sound. Was it over? Was whatever hit him first enough to take his life and thus he was no longer able to feel or hear anything else? If so, how was he still able to think, and he did feel the air around him and the ground beneath his feet. Wait, air, and ground? He quickly opened his eyes and found that he was no longer high in the air standing on a stone platform with a bell above him. He was still in a forest, but there didn't seem to be a dense fog on the ground anymore.
(End of Song)

Looking around, the soldier noticed that his armor was missing as well with the gun. In panic, he looked behind him and saw that he still had the bag, and his sword in hand. "Well... at least I haven't completely failed the mission yet." He said to himself. Now he had to find out where he was. Where to go was the first question to ask if anything else. He just picked a direction and started walking. Passing by the trees and the creatures that inhabited the forest, he began to see that this place had it's own bad vibe, but it was better than where he was. Watching his step, he came upon the edge of the forest and walked out into a meadow, seeing a sun shining brightly and the tall grass with flowers within it. This area, it seemed so serene, it quickly reminded him of his achy and tired body. Nearly falling into the grass, he caught himself with what little energy he had left.

"Not here... I have to find a way out." He said between pants and stood straight up again. He sluggishly moved his legs to continue moving forward, one in front of the other, until he came to what seemed to look like a village. "Excellent. Perhaps I can get some answers here." He said to himself as he continued forward. It wasn't till he was at the gate that he noticed something weird; animals were roaming around, and wearing clothing! It wasn't that strange to see animals, or in this case small horses, to be walking around freely in a village, but they wore clothes and seemed of been walking with a purpose. Upon that, there didn't seem to be any caretakers for them, or humans in general; yet he spoke too soon. To his left, he saw a group gathered around a human that seemed to of been getting back up on his feet. "Perfect, my questions will be answered." He said as he entered through to front gate.

As he walked along, he noticed that nearly every animal near him stopped and stared at him. No doubt this gave the soldier the creeps; however he pushed onward. Once finally reaching the group, he stood behind the griffon silently as he heard the human speak. Just who was he speaking to-- It was then that he heard another voice speak, and then another one. Who was speaking now? He looked around, then back at the group just in time to see the pony's lips moving at the same time that someone was speaking. Not believing his eyes, the soldier shook his head a little, then looked up at the male. "Alright, what type of sorcery is this?" The soldier asked, his voice curious and cautious at the same time. He didn't know who he was talking to, or what he was about to get himself into. "If this is some kind of dream land; I've had enough of those. Just tell me where the nearest portal device is and I'll reprogram it to send me back home." He demanded with a authoritative voice. He usually didn't like showing his rank and being commanding, but he was done for today; he just wanted to go home and complete the mission.

((Time for a total deja-vu. Heheheh.))

"... Pleased to meet you, Fazed Grey." Noedig said.

Suddnely another voice spoken out. Noedig turned his head to the direction of the source of that voice and noticed another human. Another human?

"Another human here?" He asked himself. "This is very strange..."

"You're telling me..." Fazed said.

This person thought he was dreaming like Noedig used to think, but that wasn't true.

"I can assure you, you're not dreaming." He said with confidence, "I had this griffon here to prove that to me by punching me in the face to see if that felt real... it felt quite real enough for me. This is real, man."

Tehengu fell silent as the figure spoke to one of the ponies, watching silently. He couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching him, or something close to that, so he stayed on his guard, just in case.

Sure enough, there was another voice that came from behind him, and he swung around to see another of the figures had been standing right behind him. It seemed the two figures were something called a human, which he had never heard of before. What was going on here? This new arrival sounded like he belonged to some sort of military, which was something the large griffon understood perfectly well.

Hector Varskie

It took a moment, but Hector finally let the information sink in and he sighed. "I suppose I've been to stranger places, but this still takes somewhat of a cake." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck and looked around. He had to admit, compared to the last world, this place looked so alive and peaceful. Though he was not use to it, he had to smile slightly. "So, how did you wined up here?" He asked, then looked at the other human again. "I mean, this doesn't look like your home world to begin with; but I have been wrong before." He said to him.

Meanwhile, a red coated pony kept his distance from the group, holding what appeared to be a large photographers camera. Looking at the two humans, he was strangely curious about them. He could just walk up and ask who or what they were, but that would be too direct. That wasn't really his style. Once he snapped a few pictures, he tried sneaking away, only to get his hind leg caught on a branch and made him trip up and falling out into plain view. He dropped the camera a few feet away from him as he fell. "Well, that was smooth..." He said with a sigh, trying to get up and recover the camera, but it was too late, some of the ponies that were around the humans had now turned the attention to the staggering pony. "Oh crud..." He said softly to himself.

((I like it!))

"Yes, I do not belong here." He replied. "One second I was about to fight to the death against a dangerous, megalomaniac man who was going to turn the world into hell with drakes and demons... the next second I popped up here."

"Whoa, you got pulled out of a fight and brought here? That's weird!" Fazed said.

"Indeed..." the cyan pony responded, next to him. He wore an eye-patch over his right eye, has white scruffy hair. And he wears strangely close dressings to Noedig, mind the gauntlet and shades.

Another noise was heard, a nearby creature fell. Another pony.

"Hello?" Fazed and Noedig said simultaneously.

Tehengu watched in silence as the others continued talking. He was still confused as to what was going on around here, but it looked like there was no danger at the moment. It still felt like he was being watched, but his gut wasn't telling him it was malicious, so he figured it would be fine. Soon enough, a pony came out of the bush, dropping a camera and drawing the attention of the group. He still had nothing to say really, figuring he may as well keep quiet and gather what information he could from these humans.

Hector Varskie

Hector places a hand on his chin for a moment. A dangerous man that could change an entire world; that sounded familiar, but why? "Sounds about the same way I ended up here... except I was fighting the drakes and demons. How coincidental." He simply said. When he heard the sudden thud of something hitting the ground, he looked back and saw another pony, and the camera. Instantly, Hector seemed to of vanished and reappeared next to the camera, making the red pony fall onto his back in complete surprise Hector placed a foot on the camera, but didn't place any pressure down on it. "And exactly what were you doing with this camera?" Hector asked.

The red pony found himself shaking uncontrollably, but he finally calmed down enough to answer. "I-I was... just taking some pictures of you two. I've... never seen anything like you before" He said, looking up at Hector. Hector kept his eyes on the red pony, then down at the camera. Sighing, he moved his foot away from it. "My advice; don't share them. I don't plan on staying in this place for too long, so there's no need to tell any stories about us... or at least about me." He said to the red coated pony.

The red pony finally stood back up again and looked at everyone. "What are you?" He asked curiously. Hector didn't look back, but he did acknowledge the question. "I and the other one here are known as humans." He said, then rubbed the back of his neck. "I feel slightly strange not being able to say anyone's names. May I please know them?" He asked for everyone.

"Fazed Grey." Fazed said.

"... Gale Storm." Gale said, a pegasus.

"... Noedig." Noedig said.

The other two ponies finally spoke up.

"Uh... Hail Storm..." the third one said, an earthly.

"Halo Rain." the last one said, a female unicorn.

Hector Varskie

Hector listened intently as everyone stated their names. He noticed that the griffon didn't speak up, but he was willing to give time if the griffon felt uneasy. "I appreciate the cooperation. My name is Hector Varskie. Sargent over the ELA Army." He said, instinctively spreading his legs apart and placing his arms behind his back. When he realized that he wasn't in a base or around his commanding officers, or anyone he knew for that fact, he loosened up and chuckled slightly. "Apologizes; forced habit." He said and smiled softly.

The red coated pony looked up at Hector and Noedig, still in awe over their looks. When it finally hit him, he stood back up and was ready to announce himself as well. "I-I'm Red Lambet. It's a pleasure to meet you all!" He said, putting on a friendly smile. Hector looked back at Red for a moment, which made a sweat drop roll down Red's face before Hector looked forward again. "I suppose we have it then... well, almost." He said and looked over at the griffon.

While Hector waited on the griffon to speak, if he was going to, Red looked up Hector's back and saw the bag. "Hey, where you traveling somewhere?" He asked curiously. Hector's eyes slightly widened, then he remembered about the bag. "Well... yes, and no." He replied back. Red blinked a few times, and wanted to continue asking to see what he could find out; however he didn't know what these humans could do. That quick movement from earlier was proof enough that this human was nothing like ponies; or at least he could be compared to a unicorn? In either case, he didn't want to make either of them mad, so he decided to save the questions for now.

Tehengu listened through the introductions, not actually sure if he should give out his name to the two humans. He still didn't really trust them, but they were peaceful for now so he let them be. It seemed the one named Hector was waiting for the large griffon to speak, so he did once he found an opening in the conversation.

"Tehengu." He said, giving a nod of respect to the Sargent. He watched him for a bit as Noedig asked about the army Hector had mentioned.

Hector Varskie

Hector nodded back once Tehengu had stated his name. He then looked over at Noedig as he asked his question. "Yes, the last world I went to before coming here was swarming with them. As for the ELA, it stands for the Eastern 'Leviathan' Alliance." He said as he showed his right arm to Noedig, where the patch was suppose to of been at. Thing was, he wasn't in his uniform for whatever reason coming to this world caused to have it taken off, and stripped down to just his normal civilian clothing. "Oh, right..." He said as he straightened his body back up. "So... what's to do for fun around here?" He asked with a smile.

"Not yet." Noedig said to Hector, "One more question, I have to make sure about this..."

He put his left hand under his relaxing right elbow for his right hand to show he's thinking.

"... What year is it from our world?"

Fazed was curious why he asked about the year. Anyone with any worldly information should know about their own year date... unless this was about something else?

"Interesting..." Fazed said among his group.

"I'm not interested," Gale said, "I'm tired of being quiet. We ought to secure these beings that are from another world. For all we know they could just as well be trouble for us... or worse, they'll bring that troublesome news we heard just now."

"Wait, Gale..." his sister Halo said. "We need to hear all of this out, because that's the best thing for all of us now."

"I agree..." the youngest brother of the three said to them. "But, we should be careful. Who knows... maybe there are more of these 'humans' than we think."

Noedig heard what the three said. He frowned within his thought.

'It makes sense what they're saying...' He thought. 'There could be more of us... and if I'm right, I came from a timeline before Hector here. I hope to God Kronis isn't here...'

Hector Varskie

Hector placed a hand on his chin. "What year? How strange of a question; let see, I can give you the full date actually. It was September 13, 2107 when I left to do the last mission before ending up here." He said, then looked at Noedig directly with a curious look. "Does that date hold any importance to you?" He asked him.

What year did he just say? Red's eyes widen in shock, surprise, and wonderment. "W-whoa! Mister Hector, are you a time traveler?!" He asked as he flew up and looked at Hector. Hector couldn't help but take a step back. "Um... well, yes, and no again. A good guess though." He said, rubbing the back of his head. He then looked over at Tehengu as he placed his hands in his pockets. "Quiet, aren't you. If I didn't know any better, you have the smell of battle coated around you. Armed forces?" He asked curiously.

((One soldier can detect another soldier easily.))

Tehengu watched silently as the conversation progressed, having nothing to add to it and mostly just staying there from curiosity as to what was happening around here. Soon enough, Hector spoke to him again, making the griffon look over at the human.

"Yes, I was part of the griffon military." He replied, limiting how much information he was giving this human about his former military employment..

((I dunno what year started the monsters, so I wanna make it up if you're okay with it.))

September 13th, 2107...

Noedig was right... this guy is from the future in his timeline.

"I can't say what day started with the monsters, but when I'm from, it's 2087." He said to Hector. "That's 20 years ago, give or take a month more... I was about to, as I said, have a showdown to the death against that man who wanted to unleash hell on Earth... it appears that it may have been possible that he succeeded in his plans."

He looked around this new world and questioned finally...

"Point being.... who took us away and brought us here?"

Somewhere form a distance, a unicorn mare was watching them discreetly. She was cloaked from vision and robed in mystery... to them anyway.

This is Fortunate Chance. A maroon unicorn, who specialized in the study of teleportation. She sucked at everything but physics and magic. And physics is what she specialized in.

A strange talent for someone whose name defies the laws of science, but that's what she is.

Although her name makes her seem lucky, lately she has not been lucky...

She was receiving a lot of unfortunate events, it's so strange because some how she felt this was forced for some reason.

She searched for answers on why she was being bothered by such things, and found the answer... someone was messing with the laws of physics in this realm, and those that are native to this reality are affected by it.

That was, unfortunately, a theory... but an interestingly good theory. She's about to test these newcomers' luck to confirm her theory into a fact.

"Let's see if you're lucky today..." She said to herself. "Will you pass or fail the laws of chance?"

She examined the ponies around the humans... she needs to see if anything unfortunate will happen around the humans that will affect them as well.

"Well, this has been interesting." Fazed said to the humans. "I believe we should get moving. You're welcome to follow us if you want to be seen as friendly."

"Wait, what?!" Gale exclaimed.

"What?!" Hail exclaimed.

"Okay." Halo simply said.

"Okay," Noedig said, "I'll follow. I mean no harm to you anyway."

Hector Varskie

Hector nodded when Fazed about them following him. He got beside Noedig as they walked just so he could keep the conversation going. It seemed that they both had valuable information for one another. "A man to bring Hell on Earth... If I didn't know any better, I'd think you're talking about the leader of the Three; Kronis." He said as he reached into the bag on his back and pulled out what seemed to be a empty metal frame with a small red button on the bottom. Once Hector pushed the button, a image appeared in the middle of the frame. It was a electronic frame using quick moving electrons and a 'barrier' to keep them within. The image was of the bust of the man he just said the name of. "Apparently this man is responsible of the fall of several great nations, and utmost ruining the human's way of life. That was ten years after I was born. It was then, also, that most of the eastern nations band together; creating the Leviathan force." He said, handing the frame over to Noedig. It held limited information, as far as name, age, gender, race, species, and a few other things.

Red looked at the devices with wonderment. He was no stranger to technology outside of metalwork and hardware, but what he saw now just blew his mind. As he stared at it, he felt a slight twinge in his skull; making him place a hoof on his temple. 'W-what do you want...' He thought to himself, but didn't get a response. Hector noticed the pegasus in seeming slight pain. "Are you alright?" He asked in a casual tone. Red nodded and placed his hoof back down, continuing to follow the group. "Y-yeah, I'll be fine. Sorry." He said with a smile.

Red Lambet then looked around at Ponyville as if he had never seen it before. "So this is Ponyville, huh? I've only heard stories." He said as he continued to look around. Hector raised an eyebrow at the red coated pony. "You're from a different settlement?" Hector asked him. Red had to think about the question first, but then finally nodded once he gathered the meaning of it. "Yep! I'm from Manehattan." He information them.

Archived