Burning Wings

seeing zed run off towards town hall with Shadow he imminently fallowed the two of them

(i want to make sure they get there trade formalities with the princesses and get back to discord)

when they arrived zed seamed to be in shock, to some extent, by seeing the beautiful princesses

(reminds me when i first meet them) brave thought

"Princess Celestia" he bowed to her then standing back up "as ordered here is zed." he then paused of a second before asking "So am i to go back to following Luna's orders now that i have fa-filled yours?"

(i hope so working dirctly under Celestia didn't feel right) and it was true being told what to do by your bosses sister didn't settle right with him he preferred taking orders from Luna

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celestia saw the tall figure walk in and nodded with a faint smile. "Hello Zed, I have been watching you ever since you flew across my sisters moon," Tia spoke gently as she paused seeing Brave.

Luna stepped forward towards Brave and smiled. "I thank you for helping my sister under her rule,you may return as mine but I shall still keep you in this mission," Luna placed her hoof on his shoulder before walking towards Zed.

"You! Do you have intentions to harm the citizens of Equestria?" Luna asked with a frown and her sister gently touched Luna's side.

"Calm down dear sister," she returned to Zed with a smile again, before noticing about banged up and dirty he was. "Are you alright? Can somepony receive Nurse Redheart please? You seem to be in pain,"

Shadow watched mesmerised by the Princesses before remembering Discord. "Oh gotta go!" She ran out of the door to see Discord still thrashing about.

-

"Raaawr, fear me little ponies! I will take your freedom!" He roared as his hand shook Midnight up and down before hearing everyone else shouting. And then Fluttershy.

"Oh hello my dear! What do YOU think of my performance?" Discord fluttered his eyes before hearing her put him down. "Ohhh alright! " he released Midnight who happily opened her wing ad glided towards the floor.

"Fluttershy, don't look at me like that, I'm just helping," Discord said as his tail hit a bird in the sky. "Oops!"

"Yes Luna" he told her giving her a confused look

(what dose she mean stay on this....the mission was to bring zed here what else is there?) he thought to himself

Zed backed up a bit when Luna came towards him, before Celestia calmed her down. His heart raced as he began to grow increasingly nervous. He had been around royalty many times, but it seemed that he still could never get used to it. "N-no, not at all! I mean, no one has tried to harm me yet..." He said, watching Shadow run off. He was a bit confused at how concerned Celestia seemed, until he looked down at himself and found that he was not exactly as presentable as he had first thought. It even seemed that the potion that Zecora gave him seemed to be wearing off, and the usual tightness and aching in his shoulders slowly began to return. He nodded. "Yeah... Yes, please." He replied. It would be nice to have some new clothes and get cleaned up...

Rhenn kept aside in the conversation and leaned against the nearest wall as Shield was doing all the talking and more than he himself would ever think of speaking. So just to occupy his hooves with something to do, he started making clinking and scratching sounds sharpening his own spear for as long as he may have to.

Nopony's harmed th' boy, not physic'lly anyway... Rhenn's eyes became fixed on Zed while still whittling away at his weapon, but not presently so, looking as if they couldn't see past his own thoughts.

Luna turned to Rhenn in the shadows and approached as her sister handled Zed. "Thank you Rhenn, along with Brave I would like you to stay on with him, I'm trusting you to keep an eye on him," Luna walked off to the boarded window, she saw Shadow running, Fluttershy and Discord.

"I expect Shadow will bring Nurse Redheart with her," Luna said as she turned away from the window and her horn lit up covering Zed in a blue light and his small cuts on his face disappearing, his clothes re-assembling themselves and cleaning themselves up.

Celestia looked at her sister then to Zed, "Nurse Redheart will fix the inside injuries before we leave," Celestia studied Zed's body, she wasn't surprised to see him today but she figured her son (I'm guessing Solar will be introduced?) would be quite surprised so she begun to form sentences ready for the young colt in Canterlot.

I'll ask more on his past when we reach Canterlot. Celestia looked up at the high sun as she realised it was almost noon, they needed to leave soon.

---

Shadow, seeing as Discord had released her friend ran off for Nurse Red Heart, "Excuse me but we need your help now Miss Red Heart," Shadow pulled on the medical pony as she then teleported them both inside the hall.

"Too much for me, too much," she clutched her horn as her body changed back into one of a Changelings at the excessive use of magic.

---

Midnight, seeing as her work here was done and her husband and his friends were all ok and on the go, she opened up her wings and took off towards the Everfree, leaving a message with Discord to say she was heading home to Swift and that for him to be careful.

--

((Alex, you do Red heart as you are the patient!))

"Raaawr, fear me little ponies! I will take your freedom!" He roared as his hand shook Midnight up and down before hearing everyone else shouting. And then Fluttershy.

"Oh hello my dear! What do YOU think of my performance?" Discord fluttered his eyes before hearing her put him down. "Ohhh alright! " he released Midnight who happily opened her wing ad glided towards the floor.

"Fluttershy, don't look at me like that, I'm just helping," Discord said as his tail hit a bird in the sky. "Oops!"

"Um...maybe you've helped enough for now...?" Fluttershy suggested, watching, with concern, the bird hit by Discord's tail. She would have to go and check to see if it was hurt later on before apologizing to it. "You were really convincing, but... I was really worried about you. Maybe next time you can do something else as a distraction instead?"

She glanced around at the destruction he'd caused. "Terrorizing the land seems so cliche, especially for you. That Ursa Minor, the Bugbear, the Parasprites, the hoard of giant Cocatrice - even Spike have already done it. I thought you might have come up with something a bit more creative if all you wanted to do was distract somebody."

(Sounds like a plan! And yes, I'll also bring Solar in.)

Nurse Red Heart blinked in surprise as she was suddenly teleported into the dark tunnel, and she blinked a few times to give her eyes time to adjust to the darkness. Once they had, she caught sight of Celestia and Luna. "Oh! What a surprise!" She said, giving a quick bow. As soon as she saw Zed, she yelped a bit. "W-who are you...?"

Zed frowned. So far, every pony's reaction to him had always been the same. "Zed." He replied, but not unkindly.

"Sorry.. I've never seen anything like you before." She said, approaching him. "Are you the one who requires my assisstance?" She asked, and was answered with a nod from the boy. "All right... If I may..." She circled around him, before touching one of his shoulders, earning a sudden gasp of pain from Zed. "Sorry, dear." She said, before touching his side.

"Ow!" Zed yelped, pulling away. "E-easy with the poking around."

"Again, sorry..." She replied, circling behind him. She felt along his shoulder blades, her hoof moving across one of the scars, and Zed grimaced a bit. "Hm... Will you lift your shirt, please?" She asked.

Zed sighed and pulled his shirt up, exposing both of the scars on his back where his wings used to be.

"Oh dear..." Red Heart said, then turned back to the two sisters. "He has a few cracked ribs, and I do believe his collar bone is fractured. But these scars on his back... I've never seen anything like them."

Celestia herself walked around Zed and stopped after seeing the Scars. "What caused these if I do ask myself?" She thanked Nurse Red Heart for telling her the details and she begun to speak up again.

"Your planet, or wherever you may come from, where was that? If so I simply wish to ask if you shall join us in Canterlot," Celestia nodded politely as her hair danced in the air.

-

Luna eyed Zed and with a small nod piped in with her sister. "Yes, we ask of you to join us at Canterlot for it seems your world is from far beyond the stars of night?" Luna's wings opened as she sent a re-recording of Zed passing out of the sky and her moon from 3 nights ago.

"You see, you have appeared from no where, Zed the Creature, your realm is unknown," Luna's regal voice sounded aloud as she ended the recording.

--

Shadow looked up to see the projectory before lifting her whole body up again.

"Redheart, can you possibly attend to Zed quickly enough for him to be on the chariot," Shadow said as she caught the hint if taking him to Canterlot. Oh the joys so far from home.

-

"Better?! My dear, I did this for friends, I'm capable of much more how could you doubt me," his body slumped over in the air as he put a claw to his forehead.

"Yes they have haven't they, " he said this as the Areion left him with a message. "Oh alright," he changed into a mailing uniform before nodding to Fluttershy. "I'm on a mission YOU see, from Tia herself and Moony," Discord then recharged into an army uniform with a large flag with the Princesses signs on.

"Um...princess Luna I may have slipped some info about the portal so when red heart leaves you can tell him what we partially know of his species" brave whispered to the alicorn even though what we knew wasn't much it could help him get back to his home

Zed rubbed his side, taking a deep breath. He had been so worried about his wings being lost that he completely forgot about his other injuries. "I'm not from a different planet, I'm from another realm." He replied, pulling his shirt back on. "I was the guardian of the Ethereal realm, for that matter. An angel. When I was... banished... I crash landed here, and lost my wings in the proccess. That's where these scars came from." With a hint of melancholy, the boy reached back and rubbed his shoulder. "Losing my wings was by far the worst pain I've ever felt. Physical and emotional."

At the princess's offer to join them in Canterlot, he snapped out of his pained trance and tilted his head in curiosity. "Canterlot? What for?"

Celestia listened intently as he explained, banished? Was he evil and just gathering strength? No wings? Realm! Twilight!?

"Another realm? I see, how so we're you banished, for a crime? " She asked as she stepped forward and her eyes locked eith him before he asked about Canterlot. "To help you, we may figure a way how to return to you home," Celestia said as a small trumpet sounded outside.

"So Zed, what is it you may wish to do," she chuckled before turning to Red Heart. "I'm afraid I may have to do this," her horn lit up her usual colour and she sent a small blot to Redheart, knowing her out and erasing her memories of Zed.

"I'll have somepony come and help her home dear sister," Luna said aloud before nodding to Brave. "Understood Shadow Shield, I shall explain to Zed on the Chariot back home to Canterlot, are you returning here or heading to Whitetail?" She asked with a frown at her soldier in his unicorn form before remembering that he could change.

"No no, not a crime." He replied, rubbing the back of his neck. "It turns out, I wasn't as strong as I thought. One day, I was going through my usual routine, when an army of demons showed up. I fought as much as I could, but... they overpowered me, and broke through the gates. It took weeks for us to get rid of them all. Then they blamed me for what happened, and decided that a punishment was neccessary. And... I think you know the rest." He said, looking away. "I never even bothered arguing. I guess... Some part of me thought I deserved it. But I can't go back. Once an angel has been banished, it can't be undone."

"Well being lunar captain means there is always paper work to do" Shield joked "but if it's ok with you I would like to spend sometime with my family before I go back to canterlot" he told luna

Rhenn's ears twitched when he heard 'home'. He quit sharpening his spear and pondered a moment. Then as if confirming what he was going to do, he stood on all fours and walked up to Shield and spoke with echolocation.

"With yer permission, I reck'n it'd be jus' swell 'f ya could give me a chance t' get on home."

The gleam in his eyes shone subtle desperation, which spoke louder than his inaudible words and all his actions.

"Better?! My dear, I did this for friends, I'm capable of much more how could you doubt me," his body slumped over in the air as he put a claw to his forehead.

"Yes they have haven't they, " he said this as the Areion left him with a message. "Oh alright," he changed into a mailing uniform before nodding to Fluttershy. "I'm on a mission YOU see, from Tia herself and Moony," Discord then recharged into an army uniform with a large flag with the Princesses signs on.

"If you were capable of it, why didn't you do it, then?" the pegasus wanted to know. "Was there a certain reason you chose this particular distraction? It's so..." She glanced about once more. "...destructive." Sighing, she added, "But I'm glad you seem to be making more friends, at least."

Glancing over as Discord appeared to be entrusted with a message, she looked back at the draconequus and smiled as he changed his appearance to suit his task. He seemed to be taking this very seriously. "I see," she said, nodding at the flag. "Well, then, I won't get in your way. But don't forget to tell me all about it later, okay?" Fluttershy reminded him. "It sounds very exciting. And important."

"Oh thank you Fluttershy! A true friend always understands, have fun with Angel!" He walked off with a small poof before turning around.

"I'll tell YOU all about it when I'm home!" Discord waved at Fluttershy seeing the mare always brang a smile on his face and made sure he was in check.

"Hello! I'm here dears!" Discord slammed dopened the doors and floated towards the Princesses. "How ARE you doing today Tia?!" He said before popping next to Luna. " Hello Moony,"

--

Celestia listened intently yet again before hearing Discord walk in, "Hello Discord, I see you've been destructive again, remember Twilight Sparkle does have the element of Harmony ready," Tia spoke loudly before her sister also shook her head and cast a spell to move herself away from him.

"No where was I? Of course Zed, I understand, however me and my sister would both be delighted for you to join us at Canterlot, medical treatment, training grounds and the ability to join our high ra king army of Equestria is simply an offer no pony would turn down," Celestia spoke proudly if her soldiers as her sister attend to the ones that were there.

"Hmm, yes you may go home Brave Shield, u expect you'll be attending to Midnight and Swift Star," Luna smiled because obviously she knew, Midnight was apart of her army after all, just positioned in Ponyville. Sometimes Midnight had deeper secrets that were still left unheard by any pony.

"Rhenn, you may follow us home to Canterlot, you have done well today and your strength has been appreciated in obtaining this supposed Angel," Luna nodded at them both as her mane waved in the moon and the sun's shining rays begun to enter through the boarded up windows.

"Are we ready to leave sister? " Luna asked impatiently with a huff, the town hall reminded her of her sisters forgetfulness and ability to blame Luna.

--

Shadow looked up at the conversations and suddenly felt like an outcast, it reined her all too much of her times at school, no suprise it would all happen again. "I'm just going to go home, I see I am not needed," Shadow Cocoon stood up from her recovery and took a small step towards the door, seeing as she luckily hadn't collapsed, the Changeling's body turned to that of Painting Craft and her steps quickened to reach the door before any pony else noticed her.

"Thank you Luna" brave said before he walked outside

When he closed the door behind him he teleported to his home where he would find his wife and teenage daughter

"Midnight! Swift! I'm home!" He hollared opening the door

(even if it's only going to be a day or two)

"Join your army?" Zed asked, rubbing the spot on his ribs where Nurse Red Heart poked him. "It's... a flattering offer, your majesty. And I have no doubt that your army is as great as you say, but..." He thought for a moment. "I honestly don't know if I can accept." Again, he took a moment to think. Of course, he knew that he hardly had any other choice. "All right, I'll join you."

Shadow opened up the door ready to leave before she saw 3 Chariots, 4 Areions, a lot of Pegasi and of course the flags of the Princesses.

"Stand down Changeling, we're here for Zed," the guard said but before Shadow could say anything, her body changed back into that of a Changeling and she nodded.

"Of course you are, no pony needs me any more," Shadow Cocoon stepped back and her eyes scanned the Chariots, large enough for Zed, Luna, Celestia and room for other ponies.

-

"You will be coming to Canterlot with us Shadow," Luna said as she walked out and stepped upon her chariot, seeing Brave was gone, he'd return within 2 days maximum.

"Thanks?" she questioned but also was suprised that she, a silly ole' changeling was allowed to go to Canterlot with the Princesses.

-

Celestia nodded as her magic opened the doors for her sister and then she herself stepped into the warm basking light of the sun, "You'll fit right in Zed don't worry about everypony else, they shall be accustomed to your presence, my guards are building a room suitable for you and it shall be finished within a day or two, " Celestia stepped out onto her golden and white chariot and awaited for Zed to board his.

Shadow watched with slight confusion, yep 4 pegasi weren't enough to carry Zed, enough for the Princesses but not Zed. "Right that's it," she attached herself to the chariots reigns and her magenta wings opened up ready to take flight.

Discord shrunk to a tiny size and he sat on Zed's shoulder as he looked at Celestia and Luna. "Be careful Zed, you'll be having a lot of lessons on History of Equestria! Oh you're going to die of Boredom," his hands turned into Luna's face and Celestia as he mimicked them speaking.

Zed stepped into the chariot and sat down, flinching a bit as Discord suddenly landed on his shoulder. "Die of boredom?" He said with a chuckle. "Well, I could go for some boredom right now, after all that's happened." He watched as Shadow attatched herself to the reigns of the chariot. "Whoa, wait a minute, Shadow. Are you sure you're okay to do this? Aren't you tired enough already?" He said, concern filling his voice.

Rhenn piled his armor, belongings, and his trusty spear into a heap on the chariot. There was no doubt that doing so would make it somewhat easier to fly up toward Canterlot at the very least, but Rhenn was significantly happier just getting on with reaching home. Though happy to be heading where he wanted, there wasn't a shred of it shown.

"Changelin's are relentless. I'ven't seen one tucker'd out b'fore, so she should be fine 'n' dandy."

Shadow nodded a thanks at Rhenn as a trumpet sounded and Luna's Chariot took off first, then Celestia's and then Zed's.

Shadow darted upwards faster than the other Pegasi would've thought and they battled against the reigns to ensure the flight was easy and comfortable for Zed. It should be very but he was an angel.

Shadow thought about making conversation but the buzzing of her wings and the rush of wind in her ears would've caused a problem for her to be heard.

--

Celestia sat up gracefully, her body's psture perfect as her hair danced in the winds of the sky. She overheard her sister and with a nod listen intently.

"The sun is falling dear sister, soon dusk will be upon us," Luna said as her Bat ponies flew faster ahead and Luna took forward, always flying the fastest.

"Oh no you don't Luna," Celestia's chariot also rushed after her and the playful side of the sisters sprung to life.

"The fun has been doubled dearest Tia, I shall win in this race of flying,"

---

Discord laughed as he sat next to Zed. "Shall we? I'll help," Discord flashed next to Shadow and they both took off, overtaking the Sisters who were suprised to see Discord.

Archived