Magic is EVIL! (Interest check?)

Please excuse me if I'm doing this wrong; I'm still relatively new to this site and I've never made one of these before. ^_^;

I have a pegasus character named Gypsy Gold who does slight-of-hoof tricks but does not trust real magic one bit. Yes, that means he dislikes/doesn't trust unicorns, either. But hey, what fun is it to keep characters in their comfort zones?

I was wondering if anyone would like to play with such a pony. I'll warn now that his views aren't likely to be easily changed. He's a fairly nice pony otherwise, though, and he loves foals. He travels everywhere, so any setting is fine.

I'm still trying to figure out how to implement him, but I was thinking of test running one of my unused characters, Alphanumeric, in here. He's a linguist and cryptographer unicorn. Although his profession is largely concerning the written field of encryption/decryption, he is researching cryptography in the magical field.

If you have any ideas, feel free to PM me or reply to this post.

I'm still trying to figure out how to implement him, but I was thinking of test running one of my unused characters, Alphanumeric, in here. He's a linguist and cryptographer unicorn. Although his profession is largely concerning the written field of encryption/decryption, he is researching cryptography in the magical field.

If you have any ideas, feel free to PM me or reply to this post.

Hey there! Thanks for responding! Alpha sounds like a really cool character! Hmm...what if he and Gypsy met somehow without seeing one another and got to talking before Gypsy found out he was a unicorn? Where does Alpha usually hang out?

Alphanumeric is usually at the Baltimare University, doing research and studying the various artifacts that are brought in by archeology teams. On a free day, he usually hangs out in downtown Baltimare. I could probably find an excuse for Alpanumeric to be somewhere else if we're need to have this someplace else.

Alphanumeric is usually at the Baltimare University, doing research and studying the various artifacts that are brought in by archeology teams. On a free day, he usually hangs out in downtown Baltimare. I could probably find an excuse for Alpanumeric to be somewhere else if we're need to have this someplace else.

That works! Gypsy can be hanging around downtown Baltimare. Where might Alpha be there, though? A bookstore, a park, a restaurant...?

Alphanumeric would be anywhere downtown, really. Usually it's his father and stepfather leading him around, and they go everywhere. It's up to you where you want to meet. I can make it work one way or another.

Well I have a unicorn but she'd probably make stuff worse not better lol

This sounds like a fun way to implement a mischievous horror-comic writing batpony...oh the little stories she'd tell to make things a little worse, just to amuse herself with!  :razz:

Are either of you two still interested? I don't mind if your characters make things better or worse or neither (though I do enjoy some good conflict) but as long as you have a setting and an idea of how they might meet, I'm up for anything!

Alphanumeric would be anywhere downtown, really. Usually it's his father and stepfather leading him around, and they go everywhere. It's up to you where you want to meet. I can make it work one way or another.

Oh, were you going to roleplay them as well? I was personally thinking a park or a bookstore might work best since while Gypsy is in the trees or behind a shelf, he would be able to speak to Alpha and get to know him without seeing that he was a unicorn immediately.

I don't think I would be allowed to; I haven't applied either Alphanumeric's father or his stepfather. I'll probably mention them in passing, but Alphanumeric will probably be running solo as far as interaction is concerned.

I don't think I would be allowed to; I haven't applied either Alphanumeric's father or his stepfather. I'll probably mention them in passing, but Alphanumeric will probably be running solo as far as interaction is concerned.

Alright. So did you have a preference between the bookstore or the park? Or somewhere else? And did you want to start the topic or did you want me to?

You can go ahead and start the thread wherever you wish. Like I said, I think I can make whatever you choose work. Besides, I'm actually about to go in-transit and I'm going to be unavailable for a couple of hours to a day from now. It's your thread, so go ahead and run it as you wish.

Are either of you two still interested? I don't mind if your characters make things better or worse or neither (though I do enjoy some good conflict) but as long as you have a setting and an idea of how they might meet, I'm up for anything!

Make a thread happen, and we'll see how it works out! ;3

Archived