The Iron Hoof (open)

Wind followed the others as closely as he could, once or twice tripping over something lying on the ground. There was not too much struggling, however, and was able to make it to where the guard ponies were, the loud clattering of metal weapons and armor reaching his sensitive ears and making him cringe. "Does anyone mind leading me? I don't want to accidentally fall behind and get lost." He asked.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I would assume so, we are assaulting a rebel base, after all." Aranak said simply to the mare before they boarded the train, the dragon finding a seat by himself. He cast a couple glances at the new pony, wondering where the cloaked pony had come from. That one hadn't been there during the breakout. Interesting...

-------------

Tehengu walked with the others down the halls, following the guard that showed up to lead them towards the mission. He glanced back at the blind one as he requested some help, walking back to the pony and settling in beside him, draping a wing over him to help guide him along.

"I'll help you get there." The griffon said to the pony, helping him walk along with the group.

Moonlight looked at Toxica with uncertainty, if she was found out, most likely it wouldn't be a problem considering she had been in the cake alk this time but maybe Celestia was waiting to use her for something, that as what worried her.

"So, let's discuss the plan," she said aloud as she saw Aranak's wandering eyes look over Toxica. "Ahem, any pony or dragon interested?"

---

Crescent's eyes closed for about 10 minutes in the ride to Ponyville and she awoke to the sound of Moonlight talking about a plan.

"Well, considering there maybe still other ponies out and about, we should take the stealthiest approach? I haven't a clue, it's been a while since I've been to Ponyville and I haven't heard from the others opinions,"

From the window in the wagon that the ponies, and dragon, were, they could ses Ponyville.

The rebel group, lead by that rebel guard, soon arrived to a hill not so far frim Ponyville.

Both groups could clearly see how it was now.

The old colorful town once full of life and joy, where the elements of harmony lived peacfuly before Celestia's new order. Now, it almost looked like a ghost town. The place looked completely diferent. A lot of shops closed. Homes abandoned and not a single soul could be seen in its steeets after 1 hour before Luna brought up the moon. It was a complete disaster. No more parties around the place, Sweet apple acres had now a smaller amount of trees to work with, also having less quality. The castle overrun by guards as well as the tawn hall. There was nothing left of that old town that could give a hint how it looked in the past.

At this time, just a few ponies could be seen walking around, all with sad faces. What were they doing? Most of them just going to get what they need to live or to their works. A lot of old friendly faces could no longer be seen. A lot of known ponies, like Ditzy Doo, or Derpy how others call her, Dr. Hooves, Bon Bon, the cakes. None of this ponies were here any more, as well as much others. Not even the elements where here anymore.

"Thanks for that." Wind replied, allowing the griffon to lead him. After a bit of time, they were within sight of Ponyville, but his sensitive ears failed to pick up the usual boisterous sounds coming from it. As a result, the only hint to the blind unicorn that they were there, was a sudden feeling of nostalgia, along with an overwhelming pang of sadness. It was just too hard to even believe that Ponyville would be so empty. He glanced toward the window, for all the good it would do... "We... We're here, aren't we?"

Toxica turned towards Moonlight as she mentioned discussing plans. However, her attention wandered a bit as she happened to catch a glimpse of the outside through one of the train's windows - she had only seen the little town once or twice before, but from what she could remember it certainly wasn't always how it looked now. It looked almost abandoned, and was strangely grey and melancholy for such a colorful place. "Something... Wrong here?" Toxica asked quietly, looking at Moonlight and nodding towards the window. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Color and Pyro were side by side in the middle of the group of rebels. Color's expression saddened when her gaze fell on the once happy town of Ponyville, now a desolate ghost town. She sighed a bit. Even Pyro, with his constant bright, happy visions, thought the town looked grey. He tilted his head slightly as he stared upon it.

Tehengu frowned as he saw Ponyville. It looked so empty, so devoid of life or happiness. He had used to live near Ponyville, seeing the town in this state was sad. He nodded at the blind pony's words, realizing after a moment that he wouldn't be able to see it.

"Yeah, we're here." He said before looking to the others. "Let's get to it then. I don't want to waste any time on this mission."

------------

A stealthy approach? They were assaulting a rebel base with a contingent of guards, not trying to infiltrate a building. The dragon snorted a bit before talking.

"I don't think that will be necessary. Last time I was here, the town was rather empty, and from the looks of things, it still is." He said, jerking his head towards the window. "We've got a force of guards on our side and we're supposed to be attacking the rebels. I think we should just go in and attack. Of course, we should still be wary of traps, but I don't think stealth is the way to go, really."

Indeed, this was Ponyville now. It was a grey place, no more songs, bo more make the imposible posible. This was nit even a shadow of what it used to be a long time ago, just a sad place.

The train arrived to the train station after a few minutes and the guarda started moving down the supplies.m for them ofd the train. A pony that looked part of the Royal Equestrian Army came with the ones that were sent to the mission.

"Good day." He said politley. "I'm here to gide you with the rest if the team." He said as he started walking.

At the castle, Tia decided to take a walk with her assistant to calm down a little. She looked around, maybe she could find her sun around the castle by chance.

(Alex, you can bring Solar now.)

----------

The guard in purple looked at the revel team. "It's sad to see this place like this." He said in a bit sad tone. "But that is why we exist, to bring this place to what it used ti be." He added cheering up a little. "Now, come, the base is near this area." He said as he lad them noth of Ponyville.

Wind nodded and followed closely, his clouded eyes adding to the sadness that showed on his face. He had always loved Ponyville. It had been his favorite place ever since he was a foal. He remembered the days he would visit, buy muffins, and hang out with Applejack or Vynal. It seemed that finding the small city like this seemed to take its toll on him...

--------------------------------------------------------

Solar ran down the halls, making it to the dungeon as fast as he could. He had come a long way since his life of poverty. He was much taller, and even dawned a piece of glorious shining armor that clinked a bit as he ran. This was not right... He had never seen his mother this way. For the last few weeks, he played along, but soon enough, he couldn't bear it anymore, and came to the rash decision to betray Celestia. He carefully made his way into the dungeon, searching each of the jail cells until he found the familiar Alicorn. He tapped onto the metal bars to get his attention. "Darky?" He wrote in his usual dancing blue letters.

Moonlight nodded. "So be it, let's go then," she stepped off silently and begun to walk forward off the station and hearing another guard.

"Ok," she said without a care as she waited for the others.

-

Crescent yawned as she stepped of the train, she was tired and wanted to sleep, how did Moonlight do it? Most likely probably because I put more work into it. She huffed to herself before stepping off with a small tap of her hooves.

Talk about creepy, I remember this place with Pinkies Canons everywhere.

Tehengu nodded to the guard as he set off again, the griffon continuing to lead the blind pony along as they headed towards the base. He hated Celestia for what she had done to Ponyville, to the rest of Equestria.

--------------

Aranak walked off the train not long after the bat ponies, looking around a bit before his eyes came to rest on the guard that said he would lead them to the base.

"Very well, lead on then." The dragon said, looking down at the pony.

Yet, there were no party cannons anywhere.

The guard looed at them after they all got out of the train and lead them with the strike team. There were a different group of ponies in there. They were well armed and ready to move forward.

"First of all we need a leader for the operation." The gaurd that lead them there said as he turned to the group.

The guards at the castle payed no attention to the alicorn running down the halls. He was Celestia's sun after all, like if they wanted to make her angry.

At the prision, Darky was resting. He looked that he was tortured a bit, having marks of hits all over his body. He noticed a faint light that looked like.... letters? Wait, that was...

"Solar?" He said as he walked to where he was. "W-what are you doing here?" He asked him.

----------

After a short while, the rebel group lead by the guard in purple arrived to the entrance of the base.

"The base is hidded below that tree, the entrance in inside that bush." He said pointing to a bush just beside the tree.

"I'll make guard and see if somepony comes." He said as he walked into the bush to open the hidden entrance.

"Well I for one will not take that decision, I'm in favour of Aranak," she said aloud as Crescent shrugged behind her also not wanting to be the leader.

"Any pony else against me?"

--

Crescent shook her head, not in this situation which she knew absolutely nothing about, was she going to lead a group to most likely death or injury.

"I don't care who just some pony decent, what about...Aranak or somepony?"

A single nod was the only response that came from Wind, along with a small sigh. He had to keep himself together. If they were to be ambushed or attacked right now, he would not be in the best position to defend himself if he stayed depressed.

------------------

"I'm getting you out of here!" He wrote, turning to the entrance and making sure there were no guards watching them. He put his horn through the lock and began working.

Toxica remained silent as they began choosing their leader... She had seen most of the group around the castle at some point, but the only one she knew very well here was Moonlight, so Toxica probably would not be the best judge of who should be their leader. She kept glancing around, the scenery still seeming odd to her, probably because the individuals in her group were the only living things in plain sight out here. Toxica's homeland before she was captured hadn't been particularly well-populated, but this place looked even more desolate than there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Color tried to shake off the sad feeling of the empty town as the group moved along, making conversation with Pyro to keep her mind off of it. She watched as the guard leading them crawled into a bush, saying the secret entrance was inside. 

"Well, you guys are definitely good at hiding your entrances." Color remarked.

Aranak gazed around at the team that was to be assaulting the base, both the ones he met at the castle and the guards sent to supplement them. It seemed they wanted a leader for the mission, and both bat ponies suggested him.

"No arguments here." The dragon said, smirking a bit.

--------------

Tehengu followed along with the others as they moved along, eventually reaching the base, the entrance to which was apparently hidden in a bush. Well, it should be hidden, they couldn't exactly sit out in the open, not with what they were up against.

The guard nodded. "Alright then, looks like you will be the one in charge." He said looking at Aranak. "Now. How shall we procede?" He then asked as the other ponies got ready.

"Getting me... out of here?" Darky asked after seeing him write that, then nodded. "Thank you." He then said. Soon, the door opened and Darky walked outside. "We shoyld get my stuff, then plan a way to escape." He then said to Solar.

----------

"Over here." The guard in purple said after the door was opened, leading them inside.

The inside looked like a base imprivised but quite well made. There were a bunch of paper all around thr floor, as well as lights in the ceiling. "Over here, the ones we need to get out of here are at the end if the hall." The guards said as he lead them there.

Wind nodded and followed after them, allowing the griffon to lead him. "Not a bad place to hide." He said in a low, hoarse voice.

----------------

Darky nodded and began walking, his eyes searching carefully for any guards. "What about Aunt Luna?"  He wrote, wondering if Darky planned on bringing her with them. His mood has more or less been a bit lethargic, considering how his mother was suddenly acting. And the fact that he had to betray her broke his heart.

Aranak smiled slightly as he was given command of the forces working on the mission, his mind thinking over what they could do and what they should do to complete their task.

"First we need to find the base and find a way in. After that, kill or capture everyone inside. Anyone you don't kill there we can let Celestia take care of." The dragon said, still thinking a bit.

---------------

Tehengu looked to the now opened door and followed the guard inside, leading the blind pony along with him. He looked to the pony as he spoke, blinking a bit before the griffon responded.

"Not good enough, if this evacuation is any clue." He said seriously, looking back forward and nodding at the guards words, following the armored pony.

Crescent yawned after Aranak spoke the plan and she then nodded lazily. "Yes, I've got it, we then?" She turned to the guards with an unimpressed loom.

"The map?" They nodded and quickly grabbed the map and Crescent passd it to the Dragon and whispered on his ear.

"Just because you may be in charge doesn't mean you may have, in the future, complete control and boss of me, sugar," Crescent stepped back as she waited for Aranak.

--

Moonlight sighed at Crescent's violent outbursts before she herself turning to Toxica.

"Keep low and quiet, you see any pony or hear anything out of the usual, get my attention in anyway shape or form," Moonlight paused before entering the train and grabbing a second cloak.

"That one may dissolve soon," Moonlight placed the cloak over Toxica carefully and pulled dup the hood with her teeth.

"Sorry if it's a little hot,"

Toxica nodded slightly, then stood still as Moonlight put the second cloak over her. It was a little hot, but it wasn't anything Toxica couldn't stand, and besides that the first cloak, as Moonlight had said, would probably be gone soon. Toxica scanned over her surroundings, her ears pricked up under her hood as she listened for suspicious sounds as they walked. She kept her wings folded and mane restrained under the cloaks, but she was tensed and ready to use them if necessary.

-------------------------------------------------------

Color looked around as they entered the base.

"Not too shabby." she said quietly as she used her magic to block Pyro's flamethrower that he loved to use to 'brighten up' new places so much.

Color and Pyro stayed with the group, taking in their surroundings as they followed the guard.

~Chapter 3: Fire in the sky~

"Understood sir." A gaurd said as thr rest of the forces got ready. Once reasy, they lead them to the entrance of the base. Once in there, the guards got reasy to attack.

On the other side if the entrance, a groups of guards in purple were also gettibg ready to defend the base as ither ponies started running around, gathering the stuff they nedded to save.

Darky looked at what Solar wrote as they ran, then turned to the front once they arrived to the guard checkpoint. He knocked them out and got his stuff. Once he got his armor on, he turned to him. "I... still don'thave a plan for her..." he said a bit sad. "We must think in something..." he said as he looked at a map of the castle. They had to find an exit for the three.

----------

After a short while, they arrived to the room in question. In there, they found some familiar faces actually. Applejack was there, as well as a pair of Ponyville reaidents.

"Alright everypony, get everything ready, we are getting out of here!" She said as the ponies ran around, gettig the last things they nedded.

Wind nodded quietly, while at the same time wondering if anyone there would recognize him. Of course, it had been years since he last set foot in Ponyville, so he wouldn't be surprised if no one remembered him. He was very young, after all. "Let's hurry up. I have a bad feeling right now..."

-----------------------

Solar nodded and thought for a moment, before coming up with an idea. "I'll go get her. You should hide somewhere. If I'm seen with Luna, no one will question it." He wrote.

Aranak gave a look at the bat pony, looking entirely unimpressed with what she had said to him. Really, did everyone think he was an idiot? He knew it wouldn't be that easy to become in charge of these ponies, assuming he left them alive and didn't get rid of them in favor of ones loyal to him. Still, he gave no verbal response, aside from a small snort before following the guards to the base's entrance.

"Attack when ready. And assume there is resistance waiting on the other side." He said to the guards, watching the door as he waited for the assault to start.

---------------

Tehengu looked around at the ponies running around to get everything ready. His gaze eventually fell on Applejack.

"We're here to help get you all out of here. We should get going ASAP, I have a feeling we might be getting some unwanted guests soon." He said to the pony, looking around again.

Over the horizon a giant pony clad in steel armor approached "oooh fun!" He shouted as he sprinted to the solders primed to attack "hey guys what up are we killing rebel scum! i love killing!" The large orange pony hopped around like an energetic child running around the solders in a teasing manner! He finally stood still and drew his blade poSing dramatically showing off his impressive stature dirty mane and a ice auger attached to his head. "I'll take the front flank dudes!" He said as if randomly joining a battle was as casual to him as holding a door for someone

Archived