Searching For A Cure

Dawn Whisper, a young rock musician fairly known across Equestria, has fallen victim to a harsh illness. There has been rumors of a magical potion that could cure him, but it lies on the other side of Equestria, and the journey would indeed be dangerous. That's why a few select ponies, some of the rock star's closest friends, have decided to accompany him on the perilous journey. Will they survive? Can they make it in time to save their friend's life? (OOC: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/20695-searching-for-a-cure-needs-people/#entry525966

Rules

1. No god modding.
  2. PLEASE refrain from writing one-line replies. <3
  3. Canon characters are allowed.
  4. Please reply often. If you go too long without replying, we will move on without you.
  5. Do not kill other characters off unless you have permission
  6. Keep OOC fights in the OOC section.
  7. Post your CS in the OOC section before playing.
  8. Have fun!

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dawn Whisper stood outside of his small house in Ponyville, his dark brown cloak wrapped tightly around him. He felt weak, much more frail than he had a few days prior, back when nurse Red Heart diagnosed him with the sickness. After so much research, he found out that the cure lied in the Frozen Hearth on the other side of Equestria. Most of his friends volunteered to go after it, but he insisted on going with thim. Sickness or no, he would be by their sides every step of the way. "So... we're going to stop at Canterlot for a few days to restock on supplies, then to Cloudsdale, and we'll go from there to the Frozen Hearth. We should make it there within a few weeks." He said, the singer's voice much more hoarse than usual. He attempted to sigh, but it suddenly developed into a coughing fit.

Pastel frowned,"D-dawn?!" She squeaked, worried about her friend's coughing fit. She patted the back of his neck, eyes wide. She was tense,"Why do you want to go? You could die in the freezing weather!!"

"Yeah man, you should be really careful." Darky added as he walked to his side. "I can go with you to Canterlot and see how this thing goes since I live there with Luna." He then said.

Princess luna nodded after he said that. (I'll be playing Luna)

Rusting bundled out of his house just next door to Dawns, wearing his saddlebags filled with useful bits and pieces for the journey, such as a torch, a length of rope, a rain coat, a small tent, cooking utensils etc. etc....there was even a good book to read. He joined the small group surrounding Dawn, setting his stuff down with a grunt.

"I'm all set ready to go, you just say the word." He said to Dawn, also greeting the others that stood nearby. He looked back to Dawn, gave an encouraging smile, "hey, you're going to be fine. Nothing to worry about, it just like an adventure right? Besides, at least you got us." Rusting gestured to the others. 

Once he began to calm down, he nodded, glancing at Pastel, Darky and Luna. "Yeah. Besides, if you guys go without me and end up finding the cure, it'll just take more time to get it back... And I honestly don't know how much time I have left. I'd much rather spend it with my friends, rather than lying around in my bed sick." He cleared his throat and rubbed his neck a bit. He looked at his childhood friend. "Don't worry, Pastel. I'll be fine. If anything, someone might be able to cast a spell that could warm us up when we get there. If not, then I packed extra clothes. It shouldn't be a problem." He turned to Luna. "I'm really honored that you decided to come with us, Princess."

"HEEELLLOOOOOOO!" Chrome yelled as he ran towards the group. He smiles at everyone and puts a hoof around Dawn's neck. "Wazzup? Strange group of ponies gathered here, I didn't know her highness was in town" he laughed, bowing to her. He smiled again and said " I'm Chromatic Blaze, I'm in the same band as Dawn. Are you guys Dawn's friends?"

Darky nodded. "Yes I am, my name is Darkness knight, Princess Luna's husband and friend of Dawn." He said making a gentle bow to Chrome.

Luna.blushed and giggled a bit when he said 'Luna's husband'. "I came with my husband to see his friend. We will go with you to Canterlot since we are also going there." She then said.

"Oh my! Pardon me Sir" Chrome said as he bowed to him. "Wait....we? Canterlot? Huh?" Chrome asked. When he took a closer look, he noticed that the ponies where carrying saddlebags as if they were going on a long journey. "I...wasn't...invited" he muttered as he curled into a depressed ball. He realized tha it was selfish of him, but he also wanted to spend some quality time with his band mate.

Dawn chuckled as Chrome ran up to them, all excited as usual. When Chrome realized that they were leaving and began feeling depressed, Dawn felt extremely guilty. Sure, there was not much that Chrome took seriously, but Dawn would not be as famous as he is now without him. "Aw... I'm sorry, man. I completely forgot. Can you get your things together? You have a right to be here just as much as everyone else." He said, coughing a few more times. He wondered if Chrome knew about his illness. If he had to tell him, it just might break the poor colt's heart...

"YEEEES!" Chrome yelled as he dashed to his house and quickly came back wit his saddlebag packed. "By the way Dawn, you seem to be coughing up a storm" he said, feeling alittle worried. "Have you been eating well?"

Dawn frowned as Chrome questioned his coughing fit, something he hoped he wouldn't do. The young rock star sighed gently and looked away. "Chrome..." He said softly, his voice a bit raspy. "I'm sick. I don't know what it is, all I know is that I might not have a lot of time left. We found out that there might be a cure hidden somewhere in the Frozen Hearth, but there are no guarantees."

"Oh, is that why we are going to Canterlot?" He asked rubbing the back of his head. He realized what was going on and curled into a ball again. "Dawn's gonna die..." he sulked. All of his memories with Dawn came back to him, tearing his eyes. He stood back up again and put a hoof on Dawn. "Don't worry, I'll do my best to help find the cure" Chrome smiled with a sparkle in his teeth.

Pastel blinked, staring at Chrome,"mood swings much?"she mumbled. She looked at the other ponies curiously. She sighed after a moment,"so is everypony here now?"she asked. She wasn't a fan of really large groups. She blew some of her mane off her face.

Midnight blinked as she looked up at the darkening clouds and guessed that rain was to come by the Pegasi who casted it.

"Great weather, I hop he's ok!" She flew effortlessly out of the Everfree and landed in a pure black cloak and a small snarl.

"Is everypony here, I'm not wanting to waste time," she said seriously before seeing Princess Luna, she bowed low before removing the scary hood.

"My Princess, I'm afraid I won't be staying in Ponyville as you know," Midnight said seriously around the Princess like she always did if faced or even with the guards which she rarely was, it was an odd sight to see her so serious.

Luna looked at her. She remembered that guard, she was one of the few female guards of her. "Is alright." Luna said to her. "My husband and i are actually heading back to Canterlot with Darky's friend in here." She said looking at Dawn.

Darky nodded. "If you want you can come with us." He said smiling to her.

Dawn sighed and patted Chrome's shoulder. "I'm not giving up hope just yet. We still have to get there first." He said, clearing his throat and wrapping the cloak tighter around him. He nodded and smiled when Midnight appeared. "Glad you could join us." He said, coughing a few more times. "All right, I think that's everypony." He glanced at Darky and Luna. "Will you two be accompanying us through the entire journey, or just to Canterlot?"

"Cool! Let's go!" Chrome yelled as he marched in a random direction. "We must make haste, or the sun will go down before we even start!" he continued. He stopped and turned around at the group, walked back, and stood infront of Dawn. "Isn't it possible to take the train to Canterlot?" Chrome whispered.

Dawn cleared his throat again before speaking. "I'm not sure if taking the train would be a good idea, Chrome. Remember, we're famous rock stars. We can barely set foot in public places without being smothered by fans and paparazzi. Unless..." He glanced at Luna. "Your Highness, would you be able to keep them away from us? We can't have crowds slowing us down."

"Oh dear... I would also attract a lot of attention." she said, then looked around as some ponies started looking at them, slowly getting closer to see them all.

"Yeah, that much is true... but I can do that." Darky then said.

"on top of that there's a mudslide in the way" Brave Shield said as he joined the unfamiliar group surrounding Dawn

"i found out when my train from Garden Gait caused it when we were coming down the slope" Brave knew it wasn't his fault but i couldn't help but feel guilty on top of the guilt he had because it was his fault dawn was sick. Because of the drink he had made for them a week ago. the drink was made for unicorns only cause their magic counteracts a bacteria that is in one of the ingredients but it normally doesn't harm non-magical ponies this badly but Dawn must have had weakened immune system. Lucky nurse Red Heart knew of a cure.

"good morning Luna. How's Celestia?" Brave asked as he gave a quick bow to the Princess of the Night

Dawn backed up nervously as the crowd began to form. Normally, it was something he was used to, but now it only made him feel worse. He sighed with relief when he saw Brave Shield emerge from the bustling crowd of people, still completely unaware that he had caused the sickness. "Well, I guess we'll have no choice but to walk." He said, coughing a few more times. "Everyone's here, now let's get going."

"Alrighty then! Off we go!" Chrome beamed. "It's a shame though, I could have gone on the train in disguise" he said, patting down his messy mane and putting his scarf over his muzzle. "See? Fans don't know it's Chrome's trademark scarf!" he laughed as his hair suddenly sprang back up.

Archived