Searching For A Cure

brave then proceeded to turn his light spell off and ducked under something he now couldn't see

then something he couldnt make out just yet hit his ears he tried to perk them in the direction he thought it was coming from but he couldn't make it out

"dose anypo-anyone" brave corrected cause of there dragon companion" hear that?"

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to be a very faint humming coming from the forest ahead. A musical humming, perhaps by some rare bird, it sounds quite lovely. More importantly, the smell of fresh water is on the air. Maybe there's a cool river or lake nearby to clean off their sweaty and muddy bodies in?

Dawn ducked underneath the low-hanging spiked tree branch, scoffing at Midnight's dark imagery. "Jeez, Midnight. Your humor is darker than mine." He said with a raspy chuckle. He stopped, suddenly hearing the melody being whispered through the trees. "It... it's beautiful..." He was completely captivated.

She xhukled tuning to Dawn. "What can I say?I feast on the very blood of others so I don't see the difference," she joked T Dawn before continuing onwards.

Midnight's ears heard it loud and clear and she turned to the noise.

"I haven't a clue what that sound is, it's sickly sweet and quite high pitched for a humming, it irritates my ears," she scrunched up her nose and folded her ears downwards.

"Ah, water, anyone back there need to wash before meeting Celestia?" She asked with a small smirk as she ducked under a thin branch and walked along seeing the small glimmer of water.

"Poison joke on your right," she called back as she pulled the cloak around her more.

Just behind some thick forestation they find a large clearing of soft grass surrounding a large, cool lake. It sparkles in the sunlight, far more inviting and relaxing than anything in this forest has been so far. The source of the humming is still a mystery, it seems to be coming from the direction of the lake.

Pastel frowned, being sure to keep away from the poison joke. She remembered once when she ran through a patch of it as a filly. She was the laughingstock of the week! It prevented her from flying, and that didn't help her mood any. After all, who would want to run through a patch of flowers and your weeks shrinked? She blinked, taking in their surroundings when they got to the lake.

Blitz like the rest of his companions was trying to concentrate on avoiding the poison joke, Blitz would have admitted if he hadn't been so embarrassed that he had encountered it on his journeys and it was not pleasant.

When they got to the clearing he rubbed his eyes and took in the view of the clearing before his eyes it was beautiful and serene with wonderful things to see and it interested him most definitely, the thing that interested him the most was the mysterious humming it sounded magical to him for he was a dragon and had been around the bend a couple of times.

"This is very odd,"

Blitz growled and a puff of smoke billowed out of his nostrils then he continued.

"I don't like the sound of this one bit, I have a bad feeling"

Blitz said in an annoyed tone.

Luna.amd Darky let her thought get filled by that charming song.for a moment before arriving to the clearing. It was odd to hear something like this in the forest.

The looked around, looking for the one that was singing.

Blitz notices that no one listened to what he had just said then Blitz decided to figure out what the sound was and where the sound had come from because there was no way Blitz could get 'everypony' as pony folk say, out of their trance.

wail brave was in his trance the voice in his head was trying to do him good for once and was telling him not to listen

("brave stop listening to the singing your being hipnotized"

shut up your always contradicting my actions and thoughts

"because thats fun, this isnt. ill make you black out again"

dont you dare i like listening to the music

"too bad")

and with that brave stoped moving toward the sound and stood there like a rock

("dont listen to the music"

fine but if there is nothing worth not listening to it im going to)

then brave regained his body functions and before he could hear the song he put a spell of monotone on him self

((sorry i had to get creative on the name cause i dont know a name for a spell that makes all sounds you hear all one note))

"huh... blitz what are you doing?"Brave said to the dragon that had walked behind a cluster of boulders "wait up"

then brave ran to catch up with him not noticing all the others in there own trances

Midnight hooves covered her ears. "Mother of the Princesses! It's infuriating, I'm not one for music but I really would prefer a more upbeat tune!" She growled out as she somehow stepped closer to the river.

"I have to say it's quite pretty, the river, keep your eyes on the river," she muttered as she watched the endless changing of the river before her eyes.

As brave went around the corer after blitz he realized that what ever was singing was getting closer...or he was getting closer to it

"Blitz" he called out "where'd you go"

Not seeing the dragon he continued to fallow the path that went around some more rocks

When brave rounded the bend he came to a spring covered in sunlight and on the shore closest to him was what looked like a light blue-green pony

"Um...hello?"brave said to the mare

Dawn found himself unable to say or even hear anything else, he was completely lost in the melody. He swayed back and forth, humming along to the tune, while also searching everywhere for the source. Soon enough, he couldn't even think straight. The young rock star had absolutely no idea he was being hypnotized.

Darky kept walking around, trying to find the source of that amazing voice, which was slowly taking over his head, but then noticed Down. "H-hey, you alright?!" He said as he hurried to his side. He looked.... lost or something, perhaps hypnotized?

Luna waa also walking around until she found the little lake and stared at it for a moment, she felt that the singing came from it.

As they approach the lake, slowly a figure begins to emerge from it. Rising up gracefully to the shore, a mare steps out of the water, exposing herself and her slim, glistening body. The water slips right off from her coat to the ground, as she's not just humming now but full on singing. The lyrics are like no language they've ever heard, but the song's beauty is undeniable, just like her own.

Dawn blinked when Darky ran up to him, and for a moment he came to his senses. "I... What...?" He said, his eyes showing how dazed and confused the colt was. It was not long before the melody suddenly captivated him once again, and he replied in a somewhat monotone voice. "I'm fine. Why do you ask?" He walked over to the lake, then watched in awe as the beautiful mare emerged from the water. Following the melody, he slowly began to approach her.

As the creature emerged brave quickly ducked behind one of the rocks

(great it's a Kelpie

"I told you something was up....how do you stop one"

No idea but if I can get close enough to case the mono tone spell it should be able to put them out of there trance but I'm not su... Wait why am I talking to you

"Because I'm helping") Then brave started to ignore the voice again

Brave was still skeptical on acting right now cause he didn't know the kelpie'a intent but he changed up the spell and had his shield out incase this went the wrong way

Midnight's hooves lost her step as her frokt ones desperately clutched her enhanced ears with a wail.

"You my dear kelpie are an ugly singer how does it feel not to have real love?" She shouted angrily as she laid on the ground in quite some pain as she offended the kelpie.

"Vile creature,"

Bliz appeared before Brave and then quickly shushed him because of the growing suspicion he had been getting about the music.

"Do you suspect a siren is behind this?"

"its a kelpie not a siren" brave told him "a siren could hypnotize you and midnight but your not affected and midnight seams to hear something painful instead"

brave sat there thinking.....we need to help her" brave finally said to blitz "any ideas to get to her?"

Luna just looked to what was happening. She calmed down and tried to focus on making sure everypony was fine.

Darky followed Dawn after he felt better. "Well, you looked lost." He said, but then looked at that beautiful mare that came from the lake, getting lost in her for a moment, but then came back to reality.

Archived