3 weeks hiatus?!?!

kunio18

I guess my lack of knowledge of this hiatus comes from my lack of visits to EqD.

I don't really care how long the hiatuses are, as long as the episodes come out~ Also, I'm making a random guess here, but these random hiatuses might be here to minimize the hiatus between S5 & S6. If that's how it's rolling, then I'm more than happy to have a few weeks in-season without pony. We all survived the S4 & S5 break, so this shouldn't be all too bad. :P

Good question. I wish I knew myself.

Kind of too long IMO.

But obviously I'll just have to get over it and wait.

:cry:

NOTE: I do not keep up with "news" about the series because I'm paranoid about spoilers, so any or all of this might have already been jossed. 

Considering the strange time they launched this season, I'm thinking the idea of the schedule creep lessening the time between seasons makes the most sense. However lets also remember that this is no longer hasbro's channel. Quite often networks have other things that fill up the timeslot (like movies or hour-long "specials") so an episode might bet bumped to another week, I have no clue what programming is run on the channel besides MLP so maybe it is just bad timing. 

IF (and this is a big IF) the next episode really is going to be a HUGE change in cannon, then this might also be to allow people to 'catch up' since iirc the official releases of the episodes are 1-2 weeks after their airdate. It's possible that this episode might be overflowing with continuity gags that date all the way back to the original season (or at least a few seasons) so this makes sense.

On a more mundane note, they might have reviewed the episode and caught something that needs to be fixed (audio error, clipping error, etc) so they're having to postpone it to have the required time to fix the problem. (Remember that while errors are a lot easier to fix in a CG production, they're also a LOT easier to create (especially in regards to things like clipping errors) Just setting the layer to the wrong number can cause characters to start walking through furniture, and if it was one of the first layers created and the others are based off it, then you have to re-calculate ALL the layer placements)

Archived