So many fighting with each other...

CandyStar

So i've been a member of so many forums, yet so many closed their doors for good, So i'll try to put this in a way that won't sound offensive: You see people fighting over such stupid things, yet they can't put themselves in the other's shoes and view things from their POV(point of view). And this to me is why so many get banned from the forum they join, because they become abusive in their words and actions. I have been an aggressor only one time, but that was due to someone bringing my fics into the gaming journalism argument, which was completely irrelevant. I've had this happen and I have been banned but will not put names, as this had been a bad experience one or two times. So why can't we just see eye to eye? Why must we fight with one another? Is it really worth it?

So for example, if i said the reason i never liked RD was because of her big ego, then the next person who loved her would show aggression, then the next, abuse. That is what happens in most cases. If the the goal was to prove your point, then do so from each other's perspectives, not through aggressive acts, that's the best way to handle it. I don't care if you like a certain character, its about trying to maintain friendships in life, not destroying everything you worked so hard for, only to make another leave the site over what you or he went through, as is whats happening now. I'm more in control of my emotions through therapy, and know what needs to be done for myself, and try to improve upon that weakness.

So tell me, what would you rather do, break a friendship quarreling over a character? Or try and understand what and why they love that particular character?

I think it's because people like to put their own opinions first, and because this is the internet and always will be, people can say things however they want and not think they're hurting anyone else's feelings. It really just depends on how someone expresses their opinions. I've seen a lot of people on a lot of sites that just like to think "I'm right and you're wrong" when they're debating over nothing but a headcanon. I don't post opinions- besides my movie reviews which are simply blogs- or get in debates a lot personally, but I know others like to, and I've personally seen it done right than wrong, on this site anyways. If you keep an open mind when stating your opinion, just adding something like "personally, I think..." Then you're good. Or better yet, consider the other person's thoughts and say, "Hm, I see where you're going with that..." Of course, this is all my opinion, which is kinda ironic in a way. :P

I'll repeat what I said on a similar thread on another forum.

A certain forum treated me like crap just because of my opinions. They couldn't just accept and respect them, oh no, that had to take every opportunity they could to bash me for them and berate them. It was only expected that I constantly reacted because they constantly pushed my buttons and no one did anything about it.

Then when this happens everyone acts like I'm the problem.

Yeah... no.

In the end though, I've been better off ever since I left that forum for good. Trying to talk with them is like trying to talk to a wall.

I'll repeat what I said on a similar thread on another forum.

A certain forum treated me like crap just because of my opinions. They couldn't just accept and respect them, oh no, that had to take every opportunity they could to bash me for them and berate them. It was only expected that I constantly reacted because they constantly pushed my buttons and no one did anything about it.

Then when this happens everyone acts like I'm the problem.

Yeah... no.

In the end though, I've been better off ever since I left that forum for good. Trying to talk with them is like trying to talk to a wall.

Had some things go south myself though, i wouldn't say as bad as yours.

Had some things go south myself though, i wouldn't say as bad as yours.

It's all good. Like I said, I've been better off ever since.

Usually i tried to stay away from those people, but when they bring something of personal value into it, i tend to get offended.

I've been on many forums and seen both fun times and drama and I chalk it up to not being a forum issue but a human issue. We all have opinions, and when you're in a forum you have different opinions on one site. This it like several people living in one house. The problem these days is that many people are selfish. They get everything online at lightning fast speed but they are unwilling to do a cardinal skill learned in kindergarten: sharing. There needs to be an exchange of ideas and yes even change and compromise otherwise a person is just talking out loud to themselves! I know there was the idea of love and tolerance in the fandom a few years ago, and while the love part may be unattainable people need to tolerate each other's opinions not think of them as an assault. A person can debate or criticize but not beat down the other person's opinions and ideas need to be shared not guarded.

Archived