The Dark Storm's Fallout, OOC Discussion Area

Noedig

Out of Character Discussion for The Dark Storm's Fallout.

Any questions? Want to join in? Here is where you need to ask, not on the RP!

Here's a reference of character's I'd like to include in this RP.

Queen Chrysalis. --- She is working toward the peace made between Gale and herself. No discretion or evil is needed in her role of this story.

Princess Celestia.

Princess Luna.

Darkness Knight.

Princess Lullaby.

Prince Solar Flare.

Thunder.

Zed.

Brave Shield.

And Darkness Knight.

If you have any other characters you'd like this RP to join in, please, be advised that not all characters will be approved.

I may likely be picky, but don't be upset; before I say anything, I'll think about what I can do for any character you'd like to involve first. I want to be considerate for your interest in this RP I'm working on.

I'm going to place some personal rules for those that don't know about my irk towards grammar and absence.

RULE NUMBER ONE:

IF ENGLISH IS YOUR PRIMARY LANGUAGE OR YOU DON'T HAVE A DISABILITY IN READING, PLEASE BE NEAT WITH THE WRITING AS BEST AS YOU CAN!

Don't be sloppy, please! Everyone may and can write however they'd like to on the internet, but I don't approve of bad spelling and sloppy grammar for reasons such as being hasty and/or not putting effort into it, especially on this RP I'm making.

Call this a personal opinion, because it is.

Society, including you, must take writing seriously. The age of technology is growing, and lot of people I've met and read in forums from the earlier days on the internet have written tidier than a lot of people do now. Mistakes happen in sentences, I know it because I get it too... a lot. That's okay.

But, making a lot of mistakes without correcting it is just lazy and uncaring. Typing is becoming more used than hand-writing these days. So, even if you can't hand-write as well as you type, the least you can do is make a proper sentence with good spelling.

Once again, if English isn't your primary language, or you have a real disability in reading, don't worry about this rule. I'd like to set this out for those whose primary language is English, and are well capable of being able to write and form sentence which I've had multiple times problems reading.

However, if you're going to say you have a disability towards reading, or that English isn't your primary language, you have to be honest. If I suspect you're lying to me, I will question you. If you are lying to me, I'll give you a fair warning to reconsider writing tidily again. If you still insist you're not lying when you are lying, you'll be removed from my RP.

No chances for liars, because liars are what's making humanity weak and selfish. So I won't stand for anyone that lie to me or anyone.

RULE NUMBER TWO:

IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE CONSTANTLY ABSENT, PLEASE TRY TO ADVISE ME THAT YOU WILL NOT BE AS ACTIVE AS YOU WANT TO BE!

I need to prioritize people from active to rarely active. Those that like to be involved in the RP, but cannot be as active as usual, need to try to give some heads-up that I would like to be aware of.

Let me set up a situation we can understand:

You're going to claim a spot in an RP, and we all get ready to start. First few pages go well, until you keep going inactive on some days. You come back saying "Sorry, I was busy or doing something else!"

This is understandable, because I get that too sometimes. However, constantly coming back inactive and apologizing isn't gonna keep you from being set lower on the turn list.

The more you become inactive, the later and lesser your turns may be. If you become inactive for... say, ten days, you will be removed from RP until you would like to return.

The problem with returning though is difficult! If the last thing your wrote in an RP involved some crucial points of the stories, you need to consider that next time you go inactive, you can't do anything that leaves us in a cliffhanger.

I absolutely hate cliffhangers. Because hanging on a cliff is not a pleasant. I even experienced that literally. It wasn't pleasant.

Though as I think back, it was funny, because it was, ironically, just like the metaphor.

Anyway, if you see something that's gonna happen in the near future that would cause you to become inactive, try to be considerate to not make your character do anything that would require many or few turns to compensate for the character's actions.

RULE NUMBER THREE:

WE'RE GOING TO BE PLAYING BASED ON TURNS!

Most Active first, less active last.

Most Active will be given a turn, less active will be given a chance to write if they mention wanting to do it, it has to be written down as soon as possible.

Not as soon as possible to finish writing, as soon as possible to BEGIN writing. IF YOU'RE GOING TO START WRITING, NO MATTER HOW LONG OR SHORT, PLEASE FINISH WHAT YOU START IN ONE GO, IF POSSIBLE!

The rules may be too complex, the rules may be too simple.

Nonetheless, these are my rules.

Please follow the rules. Don't skim the reading, I'd recommend reading everything so you could consider joining my RP.

Questions? Ask!

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many rules O.o
But you have a good point with them.

Anyways. I will join, as will be as active as I can. I'm having a bit of a hard time in college, as well as a big project going on all week and several things to do on the weekend.
Also, I'm MEXICAN, so spanish is my main language. I'm really used to English, but I still make mistakes, so bear with me.

Also Lullaby is a princess I think.

The first rule does not apply to you. So, don't worry about that.
As long as you write well(not for me), even in Spanish, that's good enough for me, it would show that you do care to write well.

You informing the details of your upcoming inactivity is well appreciated.

This is the kind of details I need to hear. Thank you!

I'll be waiting for a couple more people joining in, so then I can organize a turn-based routine for us all.

I would very much like to join this. It seems really interesting!

I will play as Prince Solar, but would it also be all right if I include Zed? I think it would be kind of an interesting addition if Zed were still holding a heavy grudge against Chrysalis after what she did, and had to be convinced to accept the Changelings. Same thing with Solar, as well. However, I don't have much of a doubt that Solar would be more forgiving. Zed is very forgiving, but what Chrysalis did (Kidnapping him, torturing his mind, and putting those he loves in danger) is basically unforgiveable in his mind.

Yes, of course. Zed is actually canon to this story.

The character's I've wanted to include has only been mentioned because they're ponies.

I don't mind Zed at all, I actually welcome him.

About Zed...

Gale understands the feud between the two of them.

Keep in mind, this takes place 17 years after Princess Twilight had become princess.

This is 10 years after the wedding with Thunder and Zed.

Since those 10 years, Gale has been working hard to make the peace between the two. Perhaps we should have Zed already at peace with Chrysalis in some way ten years later, which is now.

You'll still be able to roleplay Zed on having a grudge against Chrysalis, just not yet. I'm not going to say why, you're going to have to find out if this goes well. I have a plan, so I'll make sure it'll be a blast.

All right then, if it's 10 years after Zed's wedding with Thunder, then he will most likely be at peace with what happened. He will still be uncomfortable around Changelings, unless there's a way he quickly warms up to them.

Jeez.... Zed's going to be 36 years old, but still looking like he's 20. He ages really slow.

ill join

ill use brave and thunder

i would guess brave would be about 53 now so he would probably be in the castle as a permanent guest and not guard captain, for being loyal all those years and well thunder is tied to zed so....... wait if zeds immortal.....um...thunders not immortal unless they figured out for her to be so she could be with zed

Brave is still a good friend of Gale Storm.

As for your immortal lover and Thunder, I don't know, you'll have to figure that out with Alex. Thunder is welcome to join.

I suppose one way to die permanently is to defy against God. Which wouldn't be the right thing to do.

Then again I could be wrong. Honestly, I can't imagine angels without God. The concept of angels existed because of people believing in God. Without anyone knowing who or what God is, no one would know what an angel is.

Nowadays, it could've been viewed as a typo for angle, if that was the case.

Not the point.

So, I've got 3 people.

Here's the current routine.

Noedig,

PrinceoftheNight,

AlextheAngel,

BraveShield.

That will be what it is until BraveShield has had his turn on the first routine, which is during PrinceoftheNight's busy week...

After BraveShield responds, it will be this routine.

Noedig,

AlextheAngel,

BraveShield,

PrinceoftheNight.

Hope it makes sense. =)

I've actually made kind of my own interpretation of what an angel is. This type of angel does not serve one God, but multiple. Gods in this particular concept do not kill their own angels. They do, however, inflict whatever punishment upon them that they see fit. In Zed's case, him being banished from the Ethereal realm and having his wings ripped from his body. Basically, if Zed dies, he will only be reborn the exact same day. That is if he is killed by a mortal, or if he dies by natural causes. The only way he can die permanently is if he is killed by another angel. It's forbidden for one to kill their own brethren in this interpretation, but I do have a certain angel who will stop at nothing to go against it. This would be Zed's mortal enemy... which I have yet to introduce. As for Zed and Thunder being together, her own aging proccess will also be slowed tremendously because of the unbreakable bond she has with him.

Archived