Introducing the Newest Family Member!

AlextheAngel

Zed strolled across the courtyard, a winged child clinging tightly to him. Every once in a while, the child would giggle a bit and run around, prompting the still young-looking Zed to chase after him. By the looks of it, the child looked to be no more than five or six years old. With a sigh, Zed scooped the smaller child up in his arms and continued across the courtyard, where he would find Solar and Darky waiting.

Solar watched the child curiously, before glancing back up at Zed. "Um... Zed... just because we found you in the forest doesn't mean you can go around kidnapping children..."

Zed bit his lip nervously and set the child down. Upon seeing the two, the child suddenly grew shy and hid behind Zed's legs. Rubbing the back of his neck, Zed glanced back and fourth between Darky and Solar, his heart pounding within his chest.

"Actually... this is my son. His name is Alex." Zed replied.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darky's ear perked when he saw Zed. He smiled and waved to him, then saw the other one. He was about to say something before he heard that ... Zed had a son?!

"You... have one?!" He said as he looked at Alex, astonished.

After a few moments, Lullaby exited the window of her room and flew down. "I heard righ? Zed has a son?" She asked. How she heard that, nopony knows.

She looked at alex and smiled, then leamed towards him. "Hewwo." She said smiling.

Solar's mouth hung wide open, and he glanced back and forth between the winged child and Zed, who stood blushing nervously. "You have... a son?!" Solar demanded, looking around frantically.

"Y-yeah..." Zed replied, avoiding eye contact. "I couldn't let anyone know, because I didn't know if it would be accepted. I mean... I'm not a creature of this world, yet I was able to have a child. Something like this could throw Equestria into a panic." He sighed, running his hands through the child's hair.

Alex ducked back behind Zed when Lullaby suddenly appeared, but Zed stepped aside. "It's all right, don't be shy." He said. The little child let out a cute and shy smile, looking up at Lullaby. "H-hi..."

"In.. see why you did it." Darky said, still amazed by that. Just wait till Celestia hears about this. "I.... will bring Luna here." He said as he stood up.

Lullaby smiled to him. "Aww... you are such a cutie." She said smiling as she walked forward and gave him a soft nuzzle in his nose.

The small child blushed and giggled a bit when Lullaby nudged him, and he stepped forward a bit, growing a bit more confidence... that was until Zed suddenly snapped in a worried tone.

"N-no!" He yelped when Darky mentioned telling Celestia and Luna. "No, please... I... I can't let Celestia find out. Not yet. I don't know what the outcome could be. Same with Luna. She can't find out either." Zed's heart pounded heavily within his chest, and he bit his lip.

Being startled by his father's sudden outburst, Alex flinched a bit and moved closer to Lullaby.

Zed sighed, taking in a deep breath to try and slow his racing heart. He spoke in a low voice, trying to speak so that the child would not hear him. "If Celestia finds out that I had a child, then she might want to get rid of him. An angelic child born while outside of the Ethereal Realm is supposed to be a bad omen. Not only that, but everyone was already scared of me when I first arrived. If everyone found out I had a kid, then it could throw all of Equestria into a panic. And I'd rather not go through another ten years of trying to convince them that he's harmless."

"So... why did you decide to tell us?" Solar asked, sighing heavily.

"Because I think I can trust you guys to keep this a secret. I know it's hard trying to keep secrets from Mother, Solar. And it might be even more difficult for you to keep secrets from your wife, Darky. But... I'm really counting on you guys. That... and I need you guys to watch him while I help Thunder run her new cooking business..." The last part, Zed rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

Alex smiled as Lullaby pulled him into a hug, and he gently leaned against her. "What's daddy mad about?"

"Nothing dear." Lullaby said smiling as she nuzzled him in his cheek a bit.

Darky sighed. "Thruth will come out one day." Darky started saying "But until then I will be on your side. Still, it will be hard to keep it off Luna. She can see your dreams and might had seen his already." He added

Zed sighed and nodded. "If Luna has seen this, then she might also already even know about it. But even so, I still need you to keep it a secret... unless she herself comes out and says that she knows. Celestia can't know just yet. When the time is right," He turned to Alex, still standing closely to Lullaby, and ruffled his hair before kissing him on the forehead. "Daddy's gotta go help mommy at work, okay? I'm going to leave you here with your uncle Darky, and uncle Solar. You be good, all right?"

"Yes, daddy!" The small child piped up, smiling.

Zed smiled and turned to leave, before glancing back. "Will you guys be all right with him? He's not that much of a handful. He'll get curious at times and wander off, but overall he's... an absolute joy to have around."

Darky smiled. "We will take care of him." He said smiling.

Lullaby giggled and hugged Alex. "Alright." She turned to him. "Lets go and play, shall we?" She said smiling to him.

Alex looked up at Lullaby with bright eyes and smiled. "Okay!" He squeaked. "What do you want to play?"

Solar let out a huge sigh, his head hanging low. "You have no idea how badly I wanted to yell at him..." He said, running a hoof through his mane. "He had a child, yet he never bothered to tell us! I mean, I could understand why, but..." He sighed again. "I can't believe we just missed five or six years of my little nephew's life. Well... our little nephew." He shrugged. "Well... at least Zed trusts us with him. And we do get to spend some time with him. But... what if mother gets curious?"

Gale just happened to walk into the courtyard.

He saw Zed, Solar Flare, Lullaby, and Darkness.

And then he saw a smaller creature that looked like Zed... except younger, and with wings.

"What... ?" He murmured. He approached them and got a better view of the... boy.

Gale was not aware of himself for a moment as he looked at the boy. His eyes were sharp and lethal, his face was a bit dark, and his mouth was emotionless... this is how he normally looks.

"Who is this, Zed?" He said gently, curious.

Zed's heart dropped when he saw Gale, and stopped dead in his tracks. He looked back at the small child, sighing as he saw him and Thunder playing. He looked back at Gale and tried to come up with some kind of lie, but he knew it was hopeless. Zed could never lie to Gale, mainly because Gale would catch it instantly... which has happened on multiple occasions. He again rubbed the back of his neck. "That's... my son." He said, looking away.

Alex giggled and hugged the back of Lullaby's neck as she put him on her back. He thought for a moment on what they should do, before an idea popped into his head. "Tag!" He squeaked, laughing. "Daddy and I play tag all the time. That or Hide and Seek."

Solar blinked when he saw Zed run into Gale on his way out, the older pony easily catching sight of the small child. "Oh no... Please don't tell..." Solar silently prayed.

"Alright. Lets play hide and seek." She said smiling as she took him into the castle. She took her to her room, which was connected to Luna's and Darky's room, so they had quite some space to play. Luna was not there, of course, so they were safe for now.

Darky looked to them, waiting for what they were going to do

Gale raised his eyebrow...

"Your son..." He said... Darkness greeted him, he waved in response. "Good day, Darkness."

He looked back at Zed, who apparently was looking away from him now.

"So... did this child just pop up all of the sudden, or did you have a reason for keeping him secret for so long?"

He then looked at the child. He tilted his head and nodded once... he chuckled.

He looked back at Zed once again.

"I don't want to be angry, or upset, because I'm not. He's your child, after all. But, I'm rather confused... Mind telling me what's going on?"

He only asked, he didn't mean to press him for information. Suddenly encountering a child, of Zed's, out of nowhere truly deserves some clarity.

'You didn't tell Princess Celestia or Princess Luna, did you?' He thought to himself. Puzzled as to why this child is secret.

Alex giggled and rode on Lullaby's back all the way up to her room. For a moment, the boy wanted to question why they could not stay in the courtyard where there would be more space to run around. Instead, he stopped and gasped in wonder as they made it to her room. "Wow..." He said, looking around. "My room isn't this big... Daddy said that once he talks to the princesses, then I'll have one of my own here. But he hasn't done that yet...." No matter how many times the child would question it, Zed would never tell him why he could not see the princesses. He was just too young and innocent to understand.

Zed sighed with relief once he realized that Gale was not going to be angry with him, and he prepared to tell his reasons yet again why he kept another uncle out of the child's life. "Gale... If you can recall everypony's reaction was when they first met me, then you can remember how nervous they all were. I mean... there I was, an extremely powerful being, just settling down in their land. Sure, I ended up gaining their trust, but if the public finds out that I ended up having a son, then the whole of Equestria could be thrown into a panic. Not to mention... whoever would come after him, because of his tremendous power." Zed pulled his glasses off and ran his hand through his hair. "Not only that, but angels aren't supposed to be born angels. They're supposed to be born humans, and then develop into angels once their human life ends. A born angel is bad luck. An angel born outside of the Ethereal Realm is... almost considered an abomination." He sighed and bit his lip. "I... didn't want to hide him from everyone.... I really didn't.."

Lullaby giggled a bit at his awe. "He will tell you one day. Trust him." She said smiling. "Now..."she put him off her back. "Shall i count or will you?" She asked Alex smiling

Darky sighed. It was good he didnt planned on telling Tia. "We must investigate this, but keep it on the dark." Darky suggested. "We don't want Celestia knowing this."

"It's alright, I understand. Though, I am curious..." He said, then asked. "What's the reason that one person born an angel is considered bad luck?"

Of all the things he heard. If an angel were born outside the Ethereal realm... Almost an abomination.

In his mind, no matter how powerful a society can be... There still remains the fear of the unknown or strange experience.

Every kinds of creatures still have this, apparently.

Alex continued glancing around the room with curiosity, already looking for small places he could hide. He looked at Lullaby and nodded. "Okay! No peeking!" He said, searching around the room. His eyes almost immediately fell upon the large wardrobe closet.

Zed sighed. "Supposedly it's unnatural to... them." He said, gesturing up toward the sky, before scoffing and shaking his head. "Not only that, but a born angel has a high chance of becoming unstable during certain situations, which demons would then use to their advantage. What I'm saying is... a born angel has less control over their abilities than natural angels, and have a higher chance of being manipulated by sometimes even the most simple of beings." He bit his lip a little. "So... yeah... I don't think Celestia or Luna should know about this just yet. I don't think they're ready to take something like that on."

Gale shook his head. He needed him to pay attention carefully by gesture...

"Zed, they rule this land." He said. "They've been through a lot of things together and apart from each other. They have experienced things like this many times before. Honestly, in my opinion, it's their right to know. Because if the boy just happened to get out of control suddenly because of the evil doers or the demons you've mentioned... They'll be more sad that they couldn't earn your trust than they'll be pressured to know this... Are you absolutely sure this should be held from them for now?"

This situation concerned Gale, because the boy is very vulnerable...

He's sure there is a way to help the boy without shunning him from the world. He believes Zed needs to trust in the ponies that do trust in him, no matter how afraid the others may be.

"No doubt, your appearance concerned me greatly when we first met, but that was with no intention to harm you or to defy you." He said to him.

"I respect and accept the strange things that happen, because not everything strange is bad. Like you and your son. Your son may be vulnerable, but, perhaps him being born an angel actually let's him have a greater hold to his own abilities than the natural angels do, if he is willing to understand himself and from others. It's only a thought, though... How else can we grow up?"

Thunder walked into the courtyard

(Come on zed were already late) she thought

And even though she loved her son with all her heart she knew as soon as she saw him again it would cause her to have to say goodbye once more

Once she was close enough she saw that Alex was not there

"Oh good,....Alex we need to go" she said once she was close enough

Archived