Introducing the Newest Family Member!

AlextheAngel

Lullaby giggled and nodded, then wen to the corner and started counting.

"One, two, three, four. five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten! Ready or not, here I go!." She said smiling, then started looking arund fr Alex

Darky turned to THunder. "Alex is with my daughter, most likely playing. They should be in my room." he said calmly to her

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Lullaby began counting, Alex looked frantically toward the wardrobe closet. His first idea was to hide on top of it, so he jumped a few times, fluttering his wings a bit, but to no avail. Well... that was out of the question. She most likely heard him near the closet by then, so there was no use in trying to hide inside of it... Thinking quickly, he silently dove underneath the bed, curling up and smiling as she heard Lullaby finish counting. She'll never find him here...

Zed sighed and rubbed his eyes. He knew that Gale was right, but still, it was a tough decision. "Well... I don't think they've ever handled a baby angel before..." He said, biting his lip. "I understand what you mean, but... I'm just still worried. I'm not going to keep it from them forever, but just until I figure something out." He looked up and saw Thunder coming across the courtyard, beckoning for him to hurry up. "I gotta go." He said to Gale. "Maybe you should spend some time with Alex as well? It might be good for him to get familiar around everypony." He said, before following Thunder. "Later, guys. Take care!"

"If you say so... good bye." He said, watching him go off to follow his wife.

"So..." He said to himself. "If I were a filly... where would I be?"

It's been a very long time, he doesn't have much to recall being one.

So, he decided to survey where they last went off. They went indoors, near where Luna's family bedrooms were.

He decided to look there. Being Lullaby, he assumed they went to her room. This he knows for sure... when a child picks a place to be most comfortable... it is in their own room.

He took off and flew outside, around the building, towards Lullaby's window.

With discretion, he noticed the two youngsters playing a game. Alex went to hide under the bed, and Lullaby was against the wall, counting down.

Taking the chance to move before she finished her countdown, he quickly opened the window and slipped in, making no noise or noticeable shadows.

He quickly closed the window quietly, then went to hide in the shadowed corner of Lullaby's room.

She finished her countdown... he made it in time. Now, he was watching as they played. Only observing for now.

((going to be vary spotty on my posts for a wail, sorry))

thunder nuzzled zeds sholder as they walked back to the trainstation

"did everything go ok?" she asked, already worried about they're son

Lullaby uncovered her eyes and smiled. She then walked around the room, looking for Alex. "Whre are you?~" she asked, giggling a bit. She remember hearing the wardrove and walked towards it. She opened it and smiled. "Gotcha! ..." she said, then noticed he was not there. "Clever..."she said smiling as she kept looking around.

Darky looked as everypony left. "I will go and look for Luna."he said as he stood up. " I'll be back in a while." He said before he left.

Alex's heart raced with excitement as he stayed curled up underneath the large bed. He flinched a little when he heard Lullaby open the wardrobe closet, then giggled silently to himself when she realized he was not there. He rolled even deeper under the bed, not making a single sound. It seemed that the five-year-old child still held the same skills with stealth as his father had...

Lullaby smiled and after a while of looking around, she decided to see the only spot she hadn't seen. Below the bed. "Alright, I think he is not here..." She said giggling a bit as sh eapprached the bed. She kneeled down to see below the bed. Her horn glowed and made a light spell to see under it. After a moment of looking around, she found him. "Gotcha!" She said smiling as she tried to reach him with her hooves.

Alex squealed with laughter as Lullaby suddenly reached under the bed. He quickly rolled out of the other side before she could grab him, laughing as he stood on the other side of the bed. "Hey! You found me!" He squeaked, smiling from ear to ear. Out of curiosity, he glanced around the room for other neat places to hide in the future, before his eyes fell upon a silhouette outlining within the shodows of a darkened corner. Alex's smile faded and he pointed. "Who's that?" He asked Lullaby.

Lullaby looked around when Alex said that he had seen something. "What?" She asked, then saw it. "Whoever you are, show yourself..." Lullaby said as she walked to Alex's side and stood infront of him as her horn glowed. She made a light spell to see who it was.

"Gale? What are you doing?" She asked once she saw who it was.

Gale came out, meaning no harm.

"Just watching you two play." He said, then he looked at Alex. "Your father told me to provide you some company. Sorry for frightening you. But, I must say, you're very perceptive. Good job on spotting me, you easily caught me!"

Gale looks at Princess Lullaby. Bows sincerely.

"Again, my apologies for any discomfort, your Highness. My methods are strange, but not harmful. You'll likely not have me do it again, for both your sake. Well, I won't do it again."

Gale looks Alex again. "My name is Gale Storm... you could say I'm your father's uncle."

Alex hid a little behind Lullaby when the older pony first stepped out of the shadowed area, once again growing a little shy. He looked rather intimidating... but whether it was because of the sharp, lethal look in his face, or the eye patch, the small boy could not be sure.  However, when Gale made his first comment, the boy beamed brightly. He did not remember what the word "perceptive" meant, but by Gale's tone, Alex assumed it meant something good. "Thanks!" He said. Then hearing his last comment, his eyes lit up with excitement. "So you're the Duke! Daddy told me a lot about you. It's a pleasure to finally meet you!" Even for his age, the child seemed to have a good grasp on formal politeness, thanks to Thunder and Zed.

"Alright..." Lullaby said as she calmed down and smiled to him. "just... don't do this again. It creeps me out..." She added as she sighed. "I had also head about you. Why don't you come here and have a sit so we can talk?" Lullaby said smiling as she put Alex in her mom and dad's bed, then sat beside him, gently cuddling him a bit and stroking his head a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

((Wait, Brave's still not it?))

"Alright." Gale said. He saw that most of the space is left to make a triangular seating between the other two, so he sat on there. Facing Alex and Lullaby. "What would you like to talk about?"

Alex thought for a moment, scratching the back of his head. "Well..." He started, before his eyes lit up, signalling that something had come to mind. "Daddy loved telling me about the things he has done for Equestria, but he said that what he has done is not much compared to what you've done."

• 2 weeks later...

"Ah..." Gale said, having nostalgia overwhelming his thoughts. "Well, that's a long story."

Gale smiled a bit and raised his right brow. "Oh, why not?"

Gale was now thinking about what happened back then.

"Let's begin at the time when I was given a special mission to investigate Princess Luna's kingdom...

When I was in the military, I had no special powers yet, and my time as a Lunar agent hadn't come yet. I had no luck in finding my true talent, that's why I joined the military.

Two years in, the higher-ups noticed my performance in battle and behavior. They thought I should join up with a special forces, and so I did. My first and last mission as being part of that special forces was to investigate and find a solution for Princess Luna's kingdom. It was in deep trouble, that sort of trouble that was about to make her kingdom fall for worse. Her kingdom had not been under her rule for so long, that the Stewards were getting worse each generation. The Steward at that time was a self-centered, greedy pony. He did not care for the ponies, he did not respect Princess Luna's rules there, and definitely was not loyal to the throne. We found out that he was the problem, and I had a plan to take him off the throne. Princess Luna's kingdom does not answer to Princess Celestia's rule, for they are actually independent from her.

"He had no interest for Nightguards, all he had were mercenaries. Any soldiers of the Night were considered the lowest rank, even the captains. Since he had money, the mercenaries were always at their best.

We were acting as vigilantes in her kingdom, always avoiding his law enforcers to help the citizens. The mercenaries were formidable... the true soldiers were hesitant to stop us, they knew what we were doing was right. Eventually, we gain trust with the soldiers, and they began helping us help the citizens. Sadly, my teammates were reducing... each were killed by the mercenaries. I was the last standing. I was told I must retreat, but I refused. I believed in helping her citizens. The Steward branded me an infamous criminal, but everypony in her kingdom knew that I was no criminal. I helped those in trouble, I dodged many dire traps, and I managed to lead a rebel group. The rebels wanted to take out the Steward, either by execution or another way. I persuaded them that we should just banish him from her kingdom... and so we tried that.

"We had so much passion for the kingdom, and too much fury to handle. They were beginning to fight each other, but I stopped them before it really turned bad. I told them that we shouldn't stop being furious... we could never control that fury... but we could aim that fury somewhere else. And we aimed it at the Steward. The fury of Princess Luna's kingdom that the Steward had cultivated became the Steward's most regrettable choices in life. We destroyed the foundations of the mercenaries' tyranny, and the Steward's rule. No pony could stop us. Finally, we banished him. This whole operation took a year to complete.

"The citizens rejoiced and celebrated the steward's defeat... they were all so grateful to be in peace at last. They praised me as their hero, and demanded that I stay... I stayed. I transferred from the special forces to the Lunar agents. The Lunar agents dealt covertly against very dangerous enemies. Enemies equally as powerful as Tirek. These are not well-known villains, because they know attention bring them unwanted trouble. The Lunar agents are unwanted trouble for the enemies."

Gale took a break for a bit. After a long moment and looked at Lullaby. "I protected your mother's kingdom for twenty-two years since the Steward was banished. The first twelves years as a Lunar agent, and ten years after that as the good Steward. I never touched her throne, and I was taking care of her kingdom well. When your mother finally returned, I had relieved myself of duty, gratefully."

Gale sighed, thinking about how he got his powers after the first twelve years passed that day. He purposefully left out the details about how he got his powers and cutie mark. "I probably shouldn't speak about how I got my cutie-mark and powers... it is quite a terrible story."

Alex sat quietly on the bed, listening intently to the story. "Wow..." He rubbed the back of his neck... it seemed that he would be using the same gestures that his father uses. "That's really amazing! So... you have been serving Equestria long before Daddy has, right?" Suddenly, he heard the last thing Gale said, and his eyes lit up with childish interest. "Aww, but... I want to hear it. Can you tell me? Please?" His father had always told him not to pry, but there were times he would just get too curious for his own good.

"Ah didn't knew mom had a kingdome, unless you count Equestria at night..." Lulaby sad as she tapped her chin with her hoof. "Welp, you learn something new every day." She said smiling. Perhaps it was something not that important right now, that is why Luna never told Lullaby, since she was the rightful succesor to the next princess of the night of Equestria. She then giggled a bit at Alex's remarks and gestures. "I would like to know also how you got them." Lullaby said smiling to Gale after Alex also asked for that.

"Your mother's kingdom's population includes ponies with bat-wings." Gale explained. "They are unlike Fluttershy, if you know about her incident. Fluttershy's incident involved the fruit-bats' instincts magically overwhelming her mentality and appearance."

So, they both wanted to know about how he got his powers. He sighed a bit.

"Alright, but don't say I didn't warn you." He said.

"It started twelve years after I joined the Lunar agency... when I first met my grandfather, whose name is Flacon de Maladie. Flacon de Maladie first appeared to me as an old Pegasus, claiming that I am his grandson. I wanted to confirm this by telling me name, and then he overwhelmed me with powers I've never seen before at that time. I was kidnapped, taken somewhere unknown. When I first awoke, I saw I was a dim-lit laboratory, strapped on a slanted table, I couldn't move. Flacon de Maladie appeared from the darkness, and what surprised is is that he's younger. I assumed he lied to me. But he insists that he is my grandfather. At the time I didn't care if he was telling the truth, but he was telling the truth. He then told me that he wanted to make sure I didn't get in his way of his plans. I had no idea what he was talking about. He pulled out a syringe, he says this is supposed to make sure that I stay dead.

There was no way to stop him from injecting that serum into me. The instant it flowed into me, I already felt immense pain. I'll try to be as decent as possible while describing this... it felt like hot nails hammering into my muscles each pulse, and ice-cold acid searing into my body. That sort of pain multiplied by ten. That when my powers first kicked in. Lightning struck everywhere in the laboratory as my body glowed bright slowly, especially my right eye. One of the lightning strikes hit Flacon de Maladie, who was surprised that I had managed to activate my powers so soon. He feared for the worse; now that I had these powers, the serum was not going to absolutely work. It was only a chance that I could live. And, I'm still standing... But not the point. I was going out of control, my mind could not focus, my body moved on its own. Flacon escaped from his laboratory, while I was left screaming in excruciating agony. The straps finally broke, my body broke through the ceiling of what was an underground base. Dark clouds emerged in the sky, and my body flew into it. Lightning struck me inside the clouds, and I felt no pain from it, aside from the serum's effects. The clouds were getting larger, lightning and thunder  flashing and quaking more powerfully each second. The only thing lightning struck was at me. As each lighting struck me, my pain was deteriorating, slowly but surely. But that did not lessen the dark cloud's fury, it still grew, and eventually it started to hit some things on the ground. My mind was out of track, I had no idea what was going on, it felt like an unreal, uncomfortable experience.

"Thankfully, rays of sunlight breached the clouds. It was magically caused, thanks to Princess Celestia. She stopped the clouds... and my body fell from the sky. She caught me and dropped me gently... still having her magic grasp on me, she waited for me to wake up. I've finally awaken, to find Princess Celestia looking at me in the eyes with uncertainty, doubt, and a considerable amount of caution. She asked for my name, I told her my name. She recognized me, but still held me in place... she asked me what happened, I told her from what I remembered at the time about Flacon de Maladie and his kidnapping and injecting serum. She had also heard of Flacon de Maladie, she despised him, actually. She took me to her palace to be healed up.

"The pain eventually went away, meanwhile, I was told about who Flacon de Maladie was... my grandfather. A unicorn with extra powers that terrorized everypony, so that one day he could rule Equestria. He could rival against Princess Celestia at the time, and could possibly manage to defeat both Celestia and Luna together with the powers he's practiced and cultured. After explaining, Princess Celestia had been meaning to tell me something of another great importance: I was to be given the title Steward to Princess Luna's kingdom, for exemplary service to her sister's kingdom. I gladly accepted. I forgot to mention that after the previous Steward was banished, they had decided to go under Princess Celestia's rule. Anyway, I had just discovered my powers, and my cutie-mark was yet to be discovered...

"Ten years after I became Steward, Flacon de Maladie came back. He invaded Canterlot to finally settle his scores with Princess Celestia and me. I will leave the details of the battles out of this story, as it it is more disturbing than how I told you about the serum affecting me. Some day I will tell you when you're a bit older. Otherwise, ask your or grand-aunt Luna or granny Celestia... So down to how I got my cutie-mark. It was just after finishing the incredible showdown against my grandfather. Princess Celestia found me laying on the ground next to my grandfather, she told that I had more resolve than I ever did before. She asked me what gave me more resolution? And my answer... was family. Thanks to Flacon spoiling the details, I found out I had two recently-born siblings... Snow Storm, three years of age, unicorn. And Hail Storm, two years of age, Terran. Sadly, my parents were already dead... as to why, my grandfather never told me. Perhaps he did it, perhaps he didn't... we siblings never knew our parents. I took my siblings in and raised them in Luna's Kingdom. Three years later, Twilight Sparkle was born, too."

He sighed, after all that narration.

"So, I found my purpose in life after that battle... my cutie-mark represents final judgement to those who would mean harm to my family... I protect my family." He said, gently rubbing Alex's hair. And stopped shortly after that. "Protecting family like you, and Lullaby."

Archived