Introducing the Newest Family Member!

AlextheAngel

(All right!)

Alex listened intently with wide eyes as Gale explained the story behind his cutie mark and powers. He looked down, his eyes looking rather sad. "I... wow..." He said, the young child was unable to think of anything to say. "That... is a terrible story. I'm sorry all that happened to you." He bit his lip a little. The last comment lifted his spirits a bit, however. Even though he had just met Gale, he felt safe and protected around him. "Thank you..." He said, before deciding to change the subject. "Daddy... has been wanting me to learn how to fly. He can't teach me himself, since he lost..." He suddenly stopped and covered his mouth with a small hand. "Sorry... Mommy told me to never talk about it."

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lullaby was not sure what to say about all that. It was indeed sad that all that had happened to Gale, but it was quite the story! She never knew he had such a past like that! And even the meaning of his cutie mark! "Wow... just... wow..." lullaby said shortyl after he had finished the story. "I am happy you are with us." She then said smiling a bit to Gale. "Thanks for telling us." She then said smiling

"You're very welcome, both of you." He said, smiling a bit.
Alex just mentioned something about his father not being able to teach his son how to fly...
"It's alright, Alex." He said to him. "I understand. I would be glad to teach you."

Alex suddenly glanced up at Gale, his shining, blue-green eyes full of excitement upon hearing what he said. "Wait. really?" He asked, hardly able to believe it. "Yay!" He cried, barely able to keep still. "When can we start? What's it like? How dangerous is it? Can you teach me those awesome maneuvers like how the Wonderbolts do? Or... or..." He bounced a bit with excitement.

Lullaby giggled at his exitement. "Wow, calm down little one." She said giggling a bit and smiling to Alex. "I know you are exited, but it is kind of hard to learn all that." She said smiling as she turned to Gale. "Father knows how to make tricks and that stuff. You can ask him to help you if you want. Or I can see if I can ask Spitfire for help." She said smiling.

"I appreciate that, Lullaby" He said. "But, your father would have help him on his own, because I can only help someone by myself."

Gale looked at him and said, "Learning maneuvers from us Pegasi wouldn't be the same, but, that doesn't mean we can't teach you how to do it, though. How does tomorrow sound? I won't be busy tomorrow."

Alex calmed down, but his heart thudded within his small chest with excitement. He nodded at Gale, smiling widely. "All right, tomorrow! Mommy and Daddy might be busy then." He said, kicking his legs back and forth. Suddenly, there was a soft knock at the door, and the sound of the doorknob being turned.

"Luna? Sister, are you in there?" Celestia's voice called from the other side.

Lullaby nodded to Gale. "Sure. Then I wont say anything to him. But if you ever need help you can ask him." She said to both Alex and Gale, then turned to the door as Celestia walked in.

"Oh no. Mom is not here. She should be with dad and Brave. Most likely in either the throne room or kitchen." Lullaby said to her aunt as she stood up and went with her, walking out of the roon, then gave her a hug. "Auntie Tia~" she said smiling as she hugged.

Alex glanced up when he heard the doorknob jiggle, before nodding to Gale and carefully climbing on his back. "Really? Where are we going?" He asked curiously, glancing back to the door. He hoped to at least catch a glimpse of the Princess...

"Oh?" Celestia said, a bit surprised by the hug. Luckily it distracted her from seeing both Gale and Alex. She returned the hug, smiling warmly. "All right, then, sweetie. Would you mind helping me find them?" She asked, walking out of the room and letting the door close behind her.

Lullaby giggled at Celestia's reaction and smiled, snuggling her a bit more. She couldnt help it. Celestia let out a warmth that she loved.

"Sure. Lets go and look for them." Lullaby then said as she let Celestia go. She smiled and first walked with her to the throne room.

After Alex got on, Gale went out through the window, closed it, then flew up to the sky.
"We're going to the sky." He said to Alex. "I'm going to give you a taste of true flight, so hold on to my mane tightly..." As he went higher and higher, the ground scape was looking rather small. "... Ready?" He said just after he stopped elevating. Gale Storm wasn't going to do any aerial tricks for him unless he was absolutely ready to experience it. "I'll only go if you're okay with that."

Alex gasped a bit as Gale suddenly carried him out of the window, keeping himself steady so that he would not fall off. His stomach churned a bit with excitement as they began rising higher into the air, Alex watching as the ground below them became smaller and smaller. "Whoa..." He said, clinging tightly onto the Pegasus's neck. His heart pounded wildly within his chest upon hearing the question, and he nodded in response. "I'm ready."

Celestia giggled a bit as Lullaby continued snuggling her for a moment, before they continued on their way to the throne room. "Oh, Lullaby... if only my two sons were as affectionate as you. It would really brighten my days." She said with a sigh, walking through the entrance of the throne room, her eyes searching for Luna.

Lullaby made a sad smile to Celestia as she said that, then giggled. "Well, if they were, then my snuggles wouldn't be as impressive as they are." She said with a soft giggle and a small nuzzle to Celestia as they arrived to the throne room.

Darky was there, talking to a guard. When they arrived, the guard nodded and then left. Luna was not there.

((This might be a good time to go bak in Brave))

Gale Storm nodded. "Geronimo." He said simply.

He stopped using his wings, now descending gradually to the ground. He's doing a free-fall, letting the wind guide his body however it pleased. Currently, they're ten seconds from hitting the ground, Gale Storm knew exactly what he wanted to do next.

5 seconds from the grassy plains, he finally spread his wings to catch the air current. Normally it would've taken a good amount of time to stabilize. He did it a little under two seconds.

He quickly stabilized, now going 90 miles an hour-- still heading down with 3 seconds left, he rolled right in 32 degrees to make a rising, diagonal arc. As he made the arc, he was a yard away from touching the ground. Cutting and blowing blades of grass before he rose up to complete his rising arc. On the final part of his arc, he rolled left to make a complete barrel roll, still making sure Alex doesn't fall off. He then rolled left in 45 degrees to turn back to the grassy field. After he turned, he glided down to land. His flight speed was slowly degrading, hooves gently trotted on the grass while gliding. He kept trotting on the grass until his speed dropped down enough for him to really stop.

After that, he simply trotted on real land in a few yards and finally stopped. He lied down to let Alex off, if he wanted to.

Gale turned his head back to face him. "How does that sort of flying feel to you, Alex?" He asked.

Alex gasped as Gale suddenly stopped flapping his wings, descending to the ground in a sort of free-fall, the boy's stomach lurching a bit. Just before they could hit the ground, Alex was jolted back a bit as Gale quickly spread his wings, now traveling at a speed faster than he had ever seen in his life. The small child squealed and giggled with joy, clinging tightly onto the Pegasus's neck. "Whoa!" He cried as they began the second arc, so close to the ground. By the time they began to slow down, Alex was giggling almost uncontrollably. As soon as Gale laid down to let him off, Alex carefully climbed off. However, his legs were too wobbly to support his weight, and he fell backward into the grass. Of course, the child was still giggling and laughing, his wings fluttering happily. "It was amazing! No wonder Pegasi love it so much!" He said, smiling widely.

Celestia smiled and gave a small chuckle. "That's very true, dear." She said. She spotted Darky in the throne room, talking to a guard. However, Luna was nowhere to be seen. "Darky!" Celestia called, trotting over to him. "Sorry to interrupt, but have you seen Luna anywhere? I haven't seen her since this morning."

Lullaby smiled to Celetia and giggled a bit at what she said. Once she saw Darky, she waved to him, "Hi dad!" She said smiling.

Darky turned around and saw the two mares. "Oh, Lullaby, Sis. Good to see you both." He said smiling to them, since Tia was his sister in law. "Luna? Oh, she left not so long after you left. I think she went to the kitchen." He said smiling to Celestia. "What do you need from her?" He then asked with a small grin.

Brave was standing near the wall looking around

He was in his unicorn form as not to scare any visitors to the castle

He was waiting on luna to finish whatever she was doing but was ready to leave to get something for her or defend her from an attack at the drop of a hat

"Glad you enjoyed it." Gale said him. "As you may already know, this is just one of many, many maneuvers that we can perform. But, we can only perform after going over the beginning steps... it's like taking your very first step, but with faster progress than you ever had as a baby."

Alex continued giggling for a bit longer, before finally calming down enough to listen to Gale. He sat up and gave a small nod. "I understand. I really can't wait to get started!" He said, still smiling. "Daddy did say that I was a fast learner, so I might be flying like an expert within no time at all!"

"Oh..." Celestia replied with a sigh. "Well, it's about Zed. Whenever he's around me, he starts getting edgy and nervous. He insists that everything is all right, but I'm not so sure. I... think he's hiding something from me. I hate the thought, but it really seems like he is." She looked back and forth between her niece and brother. "You two would not know anything about it, would you?"

• 2 weeks later...

(Ups, completly forgot x3)

Darky shook his head to Celestia's question. "No, but there is defently something wrong then." He said calmly.

Lullaby nodded. "I agree with dad. That is something rather odd." She said

Alex stood up, thinking for a moment. To be honest, he wanted to fly for a little bit more and see what the rest of Canterlot looked like from higher up. But before he could ask, a dark blur suddenly charged toward him. It was as if the boy suddenly just... disappeared. However, a chorus of howling laughter could be heard a few hundred feet in the air, along with a cry of "Hey! Let me go!"

"Are you sure about that, little lad? We are rather high up after all." Said a black Pegasus, who was holding tightly onto the worried child. The Pegasus had no visible cutie mark, as most of his body was clad in makeshift armor. He was rather handsome, with a dashing Trottingham accent to go with his good looks. His red mane would have looked better if it were combed more neatly, but that could not be helped considering the high wind conditions. Three more Pegasi were flying around him, laughing loudly as their leader paraded Alex as if he were a trophy. The black Pegasus suddenly looked down at Gale, grinning mischievously. "Oh, hello there, chap! Is this thing yours?" He asked, laughing.

Celestia sighed and nodded. "All right, then. If you two could talk to him, that would be great. I wonder what he could be hiding? It sure would be something if he had a child or something without telling me!" She was joking about the last part, topping it off with a humorous chuckle, before trotting away.

Archived