Introducing the Newest Family Member!

AlextheAngel

Alex nodded after hearing what Gale said. "T-the Frozen North?" He asked, shivering violently against the cold winds that howled around them. "Is... isn't that where the Frost Mare is? The evil mare that rules the Winter?" He asked. In his short few years, Zed had been teaching Alex the history of Equestria. Alex had become so interested, that Zed and Thunder had gone out and bought the boy tons of history books, and he had spent quite a bit of time reading up on all of it. Thanks to Zed and Thunder, Alex has a firm grasp on how to read and write.

The boy held tightly onto Gale as they once again lifted off into the air. He pulled Gale's coat tighter around himself and shivered, seeing every breath he took disappear into the cold air. "I... I'll try to stay awake... Malagog could be anywhere..." He said softly.

---

"Wait, you don't know yet?" Solar asked Brave, tucking the letter from Zed in his breastplate. "If they went flying, then they should still at least be around here. Zed not to take him too far away from the castle." He said. "I guess we can start by looking everywhere Mother isn't." He looked over at Lullaby. "Aunt Luna doesn't know yet, does she?"

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lullaby shook her head. "She knows Alex exists but she hadn't seen him neither." Lullaby explained to Solar. 

"And sure, lets go and look for them, perhaps in the city." Lullaby then suggested

Brave now had a good idea on who this Alex was after quickly reading the letter but he still wanted to be sure

"Solar.....who is Alex?" Brave asked with a vary small amount of irritation in his voice

He was trying to stifle the tone in his voice but it was proving difficult with his mind trying to figure this out

Gale Storm was not concerned about Malagog, the ancient, legendary, undead dragon of the Frozen North, he's concerned about how cold it can get if he doesn't keep going after the sun.

"You keep an eye out for him." he said to Alex while flying. He was flying very fast, he'll exhaust himself in about 6 hours. By that time, he believes he'll find a warmer climate for the both of them to catch a break.

• 2 weeks later...

Solar gave a shrug, but nodded in agreement. "Like I said, they might be anywhere that wouldn't allow Alex to be seen. Of course, I can't see why we shouldn't at least check. Gale might have gone out to get him ice cream or something." He said with a sigh. Then he looked over at Brave, blinking. "Zed and Thunder... had a son together. They named him Alex. Honestly, he's probably the cutest kid I've ever seen."

---

Alex nodded and pulled the large coat tighter around himself. He tried wrapping his wings a bit around himself for added warmth, but they were still too small and had not fully developed yet. The child glanced around, marveling at the strange beauty of the frozen wasteland. He was completely confident that neither Malagog nor the Frost Mare would dare come anywhere near them. Not with Gale around. After a few minutes, the boy's eyes began to feel rather heavy, despite the cold air and his determination to stay awake. He closed his eyes for about thirty seconds, before he suddenly sneezed violently, grabbing onto Gale's shoulders to steady himself. "Sorry.." He said, shivering.

"Yes, he is actually one of the cuttest things ever." Lullaby said happily to Brave with a smile before she went back on topic. "We should look at shops first, maybe he saw something interesting." She added

Gale wasn't bothered by him, at least the sneeze woke Alex up a bit.

"It's fine, Alex." He said. "It's hard for you to stay awake, I know. But you have to try. Please."

Gale Storm is worried that if Alex falls asleep, he may as well slip into a coma... and that somehow dreads him.

The sun is still setting, but a lot slower than usually, considering that Gale Storm is flying towards it. At least there's some warmth from that.

After some time along the way, he finds a small structure from a distance... it's hard to tell what it is, but the closer he gets, the more glad Gale becomes.

"A cabin!" He said, somewhat astounded. "In the middle of nowhere... imagine that."

He flew down to visit the cabin, which had no lights lit inside... so, either someone is sleeping or not home.

He landed, and approached the cabin, and then knocked on it. No response. He tried opening it, and the door creaked open. No pony was inside, so he took the opportunity to let them stay here from the cold weather.

"Alright, I see a bed, matches for light, a chair, table, and some good bedding. Whoever lives or lived here was decently prepared." He said top Alex, who was still on his back. "Looks like you will get to sleep. I'll set up your bed... after that, drink the medicine before you rest. It'll help you feel better after resting."

He set him down on the floor, lit the candles from the table, and finally went to make up Alex's bed. He put him on the bed after finishing and went to sit down on the chair. He's going to stay awake to keep eyes and ears out for trouble.

Gale Storm will still be here for whatever Alex may need before he sleeps.

Solar nodded to Lullaby, before he began trotting off in the direction of the town. He looked back at Brave and sighed. "I honestly don't know. However, the wings he has are Pegasus wings much like Thunder's, so there's a chance that Thunder is his biological mother. I... didn't really feel comfortable asking, though."

---

Off in the distance, Alex noticed the cabin as well, and he began to grow hopeful as well. As soon as they walked inside, the boy was delighted, if a bit cautious at the sight of the rather dark room. It was not exactly warm inside, but it did offer protection from the wind. However once Gale lit the fireplace, the entire cabin lit up with a warm, orange glow, and the boy sighed with relief as he was laid in the surprisingly soft bed. He curled up underneath the blankets and relaxed a little. After drinking a bit more of the medicine, he waited for a moment, trying to fall asleep. But he couldn't... usually on restless nights, his father would tell him a story. He glanced over at Gale, seeing him still waiting in the chair. "Uncle Gale... could you tell me more about my father? How he got here, what he's done..." He asked hopefully. "He and mommy don't like to talk about it... and I've been too nervous to ask."

Gale listened to what Alex was asking for and thought carefully on what to say...

"Well, as far as I've been told... many years ago, he came here from a different world because he had been exiled from their society." He explained. "I'm not going to sweeten or sour this explanation for you, but don't think less of your father either if this make him sound like a terrible person as I try to explain about him to you.

Continuing; He was exiled because he failed to guard his kingdom from the enemies of their people. The enemies overwhelmed him, that's why. Their law is different from ours, so I can't say exactly why they did it other than it was their right to do it. So, he landed here... and eventually got adopted by Princess Celestia-- your grandmother. At first he kept a lot of things to himself. But as he lived with us, he slowly opened himself up to us and eventually felt comfortable with us. Your mother helped him throughout the way, and he loved her for that and who she is."

He was now thinking of what to say on what he did and does.

"Your father is a prince like you." He explained. "What he does as being a prince, he puts it to good use by helping others in any way he can. There are very little things he's done wrong... we all make mistakes. I don't know what really happened during his mission dealing against these... murderers. He wouldn't kill for no good reason. And killing some pony-- or anybody for that matter for no good reason is a terrible thing to do."

He sighed a bit, thinking of what he should say about the matter of taking a life...

"Taking a life is often thought belittled of to those that don't understand or value what life generally is." He said. "Some people truly understand that taking a life is a serious matter. It isn't simple all the time. For example, if we ever see them again, we can't think of wanting to kill them because that's just exactly being like them. I don't make excuses or poor choices when I said I'd kill him, because at that time he could have killed you which would have made me resort to killing them in order to defend you. But, I found us a way out of there without having anyone killed because I made a choice.

Everything we do are choices we make of ourselves. Ponies like him resort to making poor choices by killing to steal and wanting revenge for what they lose. Ponies like him underestimate this certain inevitability... which is the consequences.

Never underestimate your choices, because the consequences will hurt you more for choosing wrong than it would for choosing right. Whatever your father did in that mission, I cannot say. But I can tell you that I trust him. You should too."

Solar nodded and continued out toward the city. "All right, let's get moving. I need to make sure my little nephew is safe... well, not that I doubt that Gale would take care of him, but you know what I mean." He let out a sigh and shook his head. "All right, let's stop by the shops and ask if they've seen Gale at all. If they've seen Gale, then there's a chance that they've seen Alex... But I seriously doubt that Gale would go parading the kid around after Zed specifically asked us to keep him hidden."

---

Alex listened intently, every once in a while nodding in understanding as Gale spoke. It was no wonder why his father never spoke about why he was in Equestria... the thought of having such a large title stripped away was painful beyond words. He understood everything Gale explained completely, and the thought that both he and his father would protect him from anything made him feel safe. He gave a sigh once Gale finished talking. "I... I do." He said, before leaning back down against the soft bed, yawning heavily and closing his eyes. "Good night."

"So you haven't seen him at all?" Solar asked the first shopkeeper, who only shook his head in response. Solar gave a sigh, before walking back out of the shop. "This isn't good... no one has seen them anywhere. I'm starting to get worried..." Solar said, biting his lip. "You don't think Gale could have kidnapped him, could he? ... No.. never mind." He said quickly. Gale wouldn't do anything like that. At lease, he hoped. "It's getting late... I hope they're safe... wherever they are."

---

It took a few minutes, but the child was finally able to drift off into a fairly peaceful slumber. He slept all through the night until small beams of sunlight streamed through the window of the cabin. It was not long before the child stirred a bit, before cracking his eyes open and sitting up with a yawn, stretching his arms.

(Forgot 'bout this one. Sorry)

"No. I know Gale. He is not capable of doing that." She said regarding the kidnap part.

"Maybe something happened and had to take hima way." She added

Gale Storm was awake throughout the whole night till morning, and did not feel tired at all. He is used to this sort of thing if done responsibly.

When he noticed Alex waking up at first, he stood up and approached him.

"I'll be taking my coat back." Gale said to him. "You'll be protected with the bed's blanket. I'll wrap you up in a moment."

He wore his trench coat on again and proceeded to wrap Alex up in the blanket, he wrapped him in a way that would keep Alex warm and be able to move his arms freely.

"There..." He said, and then put him on his back and left the cabin. The air was chilling with fresh morning dew, each breath he made was thick with fog. He recalled where the sun was last seen, and was sure that the direction he aimed for would take them home. "Here we go." He said to Alex. He lifted himself off the ground and flew south, resuming course to home.

"Yes, he would have." Solar replied, running a hoof through his mane. "Unless..." He thought for a moment. "Unless... whatever happened was too urgent? So urgent, that he was unable to tell anyone in time? Maybe they were... attacked?" He asked. "I might be overthinking this, but Zed did say that the child is important, and it could be disastrous if he falls into the wrong hooves."

---

Alex nodded and gave a small sigh of relief as the blankets were wrapped tightly around him, and Gale lifted him on his back. Thankfully, the blanket was enough to keep him warm against the icy wind and snow. The boy's throat was feeling much better now, thanks to the medicine Gale scavenged together. "Any idea how much longer until we're out of the Frozen North?" The boy asked quietly, his voice a bit muffled by the blanket.

thunder stopped after zed came back into the kitchen

this was the first time so far that buisness has slowed

"zed sweety ive been having a bad feelling for the past few hours....like something bad has happened to alex" she said

-------

brave frowned

"hmmm....it is a possibility though.....where would he have gone then?" brave asked solar

"Really?" Zed asked as he balanced a large plate of food to the ordering window... which was the only thing between them and the endless wave of hungry ponies waiting eagerly for their food. So far, Zed and Thunder had been able to keep up with the high demands for the most part, but it was extremely hard work. On the bright side, they were practically swimming in bits. "I know you miss him, but I can assure you that nothing's wrong. He's got Lullaby, Solar, Darky, and Gale to watch over him. That's three overpowered Alicorns, and one highly trained and very protective Pegasus." He walked over and planted a kiss on her cheek. "Trust me. Even if they weren't enough, I wouldn't let anything happen to him." He said, before hurrying yet another plate to its awaiting customers.

---

"That's a very good question." Solar replied, running a hoof through his golden mane. "We can't issue a full-on search, because then ponies would begin to suspect something..."

---

Less than a few hundred yards away, Malagog watched the pair carefully, following them in a rather stealthy fashion. He just barely recognized the neon colored Pegasus... but he had never before seen the creature he was carrying. But whatever it was, it looked like a mere child... interesting... With an ominous chuckle, he charged toward them until he was flying just above the two. Alex, noticing the dark shadow looming over them, looked up and began shivering... and not from the cold. "Uh... Uncle Gale!" He said, patting his shoulder.

Malagog grinned down at the two, letting out a growling chuckle. "Irresponsible to bring a child this far north. The Frost Mare would be quite interested in this..."

Archived