(ponyville) This is the first day of the rest of your life! (closed)

Ashton

"Yes, this town is quite different than those." Tehengu said, nodding a bit in agreement. "I have done quite a bit of traveling myself, so I know what you mean. That is partly why I decided to make my home near this town, it is nice and quiet."

The griffon looked around a bit at the surrounding area as he contemplated what else to say to the stallion.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caramelcream nodded. "Ooohh. I dont want to startle her then. Well once the fire is ready i can start cooking. Want to join us? Your friend is welcome too." Caramelcream smiled and tilted her head a bit.

Thunderbuck smiled finally. He was relaxed. "Thats good. Maybe i can perform some. Our roommate wont be back to pick us up for a day or two." Buck motioned the griffon to follow. Coming to the small spot for a fire he lowered his horn down. Closing his eyes he cast a tiny lightning bolt. The sticks caught after a moment. And the unicorn stood up. "You are welcome to join us for lunch.".

Scootaloo smiled "yeah I'd love to" she said, then snickered as she heard the griffen talking "just a sec" she said

Scootaloo walked back over to 'tango' and snickered as she gently elboed him and spoke quietly so as nbot to allert the jumpy older pony  "peacefull, eh? you talking about the parasprite invasion? or the time an ursa minor charged through town? or when trixie enslaved us all? or the time we nearly tore the town appart over twilight's old doll? or..." she just kept rattling off incidents, clearly thinking that tango was trolling the old pony, and scootaloo clearly thought ponyville was the most exciting place in equestria... and honestly... it was certainly high on the list, bizzarely enough...

Tehengu smiled a bit at the offer of lunch, nodding his acceptance to the stallion. They seemed like a nice couple of ponies so far.

"I would love to join you for lunch. Thanks." He said, smiling at the stallion until he felt somepony elbow him. He looked to the source to see Scootaloo there. His smile turned into a frown as she began listing off incidents, though she thankfully was trying to keep the stallion from hearing. Even so, his claw shot out and held Scootaloo's mouth closed, being careful to leave her nostrils open so she could breathe and also to avoid hurting her.

"Well, it's usually peaceful." He corrected, giving the orange pegasus a look that showed he would have rathered she not say that.

Thunderbuck nodded. "I had heard of a few instances. Being the home of a princess, i can guess things happen from time to time. It can not be worse than the streets of Manehattan. I was alone then. The place was chaotic enough to give... Discord... That's his name yes? Anyway. I have seen the back alleys. THey were enough to make even his head spin." 

The stallion sat, carefully watching as Caramelcream levitated the pan over the fire. Melting a small bit of butter in it as she mixed the berries into a small batter bowl by hoof. The filly was talented at backing for sure. As talented as Buck was with his Violin. She was humming to herself. Buck glanced at the pair. "Thank you... for being kind to her. A few have not been. She's a sweet foal. Outgoing and innocent still. She thinks the world revolves around kindness and sweet treats. Im merely glad that she can not hear us now."

He had been talking as if she couldnt, being so close to her. And true to it, he spoke. "She got sick while we were in Fillydalephia. Ear infection. Her father didnt have the money to get her proper medical treatment. She lost most of her hearing. And yet she can still feel the sounds around her. She knows we are talking. But not what about. She has to see our lips moving to understand what we say.... That is why she didnt return your request for friendship." He said looking at Scootaloo with a soft smile. "That and she already considers you both her friends. Any pony that displays kindness and gentleness is our friend."

Scootaloo smiled "she's not entirely wrong" she said "that's twilight's goal, to spread kindness and friendship across equestria... and kinda mine and my friends too, we've made some amazing friends, even ponies who had been enemies are at our side" she smiled, thinking of Diamond Tiara, a pony she previously would have hesitated to help out of the way of an oncoming train, but now she considered a good, if not close, friend. "The world might be dark, but there's always light too" she smiled more, was it foalish nievetae or was it simply seeing the world with the clear vision only a foal could achieve with a mind unclouded by time...

Tehengu sighed and released his grip on Scootaloo's muzzle as Thunder began speaking again. Well, at least it wasn't scaring him away. Judging by things, Caramel could use some time in a town like this one. He frowned slightly and looked at Caramel as Thunder revealed that she essentially was deaf. It seemed the extent of her hearing was that noises were happening nearby. Or perhaps it only applied to voices. He didn't know, and he felt like he shouldn't ask. The griffon remained silent as Scootaloo began talking as well, deciding not to really say anything about that.

It seemed to him there was more darkness than light around, especially since light tended to create darkness. Still, that was probably the main reason he had joined EPIC, to protect every bit of light that he could.

"She is a good filly, from what I've seen. Of course I would be nice to her. I judge on how you act, not how you look." He said, looking back to Thunder after he had finished speaking and gave a small nod to the stallion.

Buck smiled at Scootaloo. He still held much the same opinion of things himself. He had little contact with the world growing up. Now as a young stallion he couls still see the good in everypony.

CaramelCream hummed softly as she cooked. Buck watctched her carefully. Ensuring she stayed safe. "You know... for her age she is well able to manage herself. I didnt speak until i was twice her age actually."

Soon the smells of food filled the air. And the foal had several on a small platter ready and warm. As she was finishing up she turbed to them. "We dont have any syrup. But they are warm and the berries are juicy."

Despite being old enought o know better, scotoaloo still looked at the old buck like he was crazy when he said he didn't speak till he was twice the other foal's age... but at least she didn't say it aloud, instead agreeing with the first part "yeah, she seems to know a lot" scootaloo was well acquired with what it took to survive on your own, though she of course didn't volunteer any of this. When she said they were done the little filly buzzed her wings happily and headed over, making sure she was facing the other foal when she spoke now that she knew the foal was lip-reading isntead of hearing and said "I hope they taste as good as they smell, if they do they'll be totally awesome!" she grinned, looking at hte food and barely keeping herself from diving on it, though it was she was anxious she still waited for the two adults...

Tehengu gave a small hum and a nod at Thunder's words. Caramel did seem to be a very capable filly, it was interesting. Of course, Scootaloo seemed to be able to take care of herself as well. Maybe it was because they were both left without their parents. Probably, surviving hardships tended to make individuals tougher. Thankfully, the hardships these two fillies have been through hadn't made them bitter. Probably at least in part due to their loved ones.

As Caramel finished up the food, he looked at her and gave her a smile, heading over after Scootaloo.

"Well, it looks like you have done a great job, Caramel." He said, watching her with a small smile.

Thunderbuck smiled and nodded. CaramelCream finished cooking the stuff and set the platter before everyone. Sitting herself beside Scootaloo, she bowed her head and said a small grace to the princesses before picking up a pancake. As she nibbled quietly, Buck moved to the fire. he took a long metal rod from the cart. A fire iron, and began laying the sticks and coals flat so that they radiated heat without putting off flames. As he joined the group for a meal, he gently pet Caramel's mane. 

Taking a pancake for himself he ate quietly. Once he had swallowed his bite he spoke. "Is there a music shop in town? I am running low on supplies for repairing my instruments. Some of them need a lot of love and care. And I dont have the stuff available sometimes." He looked between the pair, hopeful and quiet. The pair were simple ponies. Probably simpler than even the needs of the average town pony. And they both smiled toward their new friends. Buck, in truth was actually enjoying the meal and conversation. He usually avoided it. But these two were polite and quiet and kind. Maybe if the town were like them, it wouldn't be so bad.

((oh if only I could have some loud and obnoxious monster rampage through right now... preferably while pinky lead a parade of singing ponies, dash doing a rainboom, twilight messing up a spell and making things explode... would so love to see the pair's reaction to the chaos while scoots and tehengu just shrug and comment on what a calm and average day that is! :D :D :D))

Scootaloo smiled at the other filly, quietly eating while the two adults talked. she would have said something if caramel had been accross from her, but at her side like this made it hard to be sure the other filly would be able to 'hear' her when she spoke.

((sorry I'm so slow, interent is being very flakey last few days >.<))

"There might be... I don't remember, as I usually get any music stuff I need on the way back from my traveling." Tehengu said, shrugging a bit as he grabbed a pancake for himself and began eating it. The griffon smiled a bit at the taste of the food and gave a thankful nod to the filly.

Caramelcream paused from her food to look at Scootaloo. "Is there a school in town? I need to take my tests and that means i have to see a teacher."

Buck nodded to Tengu. "Alright. If there is not i may have to get the raw supplies and craft my own." He finished his pancake and sat quietly.

((Lol Caramelcream would just wanna see it all. Buck... eh startling him usually results in a super thick fog blanketing the area around him. So... good luck seeing anything.))

Scootaloo smiled, though looked just a little suprised, after all she for one never really *wanted* to go to school, not just because of all the bullying but also because she thought most of it was boring... becides rainbow dash probably slept through all her classes too! She said that, didn't she? even if she didnt, scootaloo was inclined to believe it anyway "yeah, we have a schoolhouse" she smiled "it's ont he other side of town up on top of the hill, if you'd like I can show it to you later" she smiled

Tehengu finished off his pancake as Thunder spoke, making the griffin hum a bit. He really wasn't sure if there was one here or not. He hadn't seen one, but then again he doubted he would remember every store in town, even if he had seen them all. He doubted he had, but the point still stood.

"Well, if you need help with anything, I'll be around for a bit. Not sure when I'll be leaving next, but I think I'll take a bit of time to relax." He said, looking over at the stallion as he made his offer. "Helping my friends is no trouble for me, in case you were going to ask about that."

Caramelcream smiled and nodded. She finished her pancake and reached for another. As buck finished his he sat quietly. Smiling as he enjoyed the company.

Looking at tengu he nodded. "Alright then. I will walk around and look before i find a place to play. It would be nice to know before i leave town."

Despite being the hungry filly she was, scotoaloo was polite and only ate one pancake, knowing the two travelers were obviously not well off in terms of bits and she didn't want to impose (even if she could have probably eaten ten more!) scootaloo smiled at her, such a nice pony, but so quiet, the little pegasus couldn't help but draw connections to fluttershy, even if she knew the reasons for the two's similarities were quite different. 

Tehengu nodded in response to Thunder as he spoke, saying he would look before finding a place to play. The griffon turned towards the fire again, humming slightly to himself in thought. He was still kind of hungry, but he wasn't about to take more food from these two. He could easily get more food later, and probably some for Scootaloo too.

"By the way, my house is in the Whitetail Woods, if you want to stop by or need a place to stay." He said eventually, looking back at the stallion. His house was usually empty, considering he was traveling all the time. There was room for him and two others, at least.

Caramelcream sat back and sighed happily. Full already. "Go ahead and have some more. We usually dont cook large meals." Buck said.

Caramel looked to scootaloo and spoke. "What does your cutie mark mean?" She asked. A simple question with such an answer. Buck smiled at the foal. She was so curious. Looked at Tengu he nodded. "If we pass through there i may make a stop to see you. We travel by cloud a lot. Our room mate is a pegasus and his house is like a big ship. So we go lots of places. I think we are going to Stalliongrad soon."

"it's fine, I dont usually eat much" said scootaloo politely, which was completely true --- though it had absolutely nothing to do with not being hungry or not *wanting* more food.

An energy seemed to grow in scootaloo's eyes, it was clear this was something that meant a lot to her and she was eager to talk about (and if tango had thought about it he woudl probably realize this was what schootaloo had been trying to show him before...). "Well, the short answer is My friends and I help other ponies find their cutiemarks or find out the real meaning behind them" she said "but that's just the short version, you see it all started back when I met this unicorn filly named sweetiebelle and..." she launched into a detailed history of how the CMC met and formed...

"All the more reason for you to save some for later. It is not hard to get food around here, if you have the money, so you two should save what you can just in case." Tehengu said, turning down the offer for more food. He didn't want to take away more food than he had from these two. When the talk came of the two possibly stopping by his house, he gave a nod, pausing at the news that came with it.

"Why do you seem to live in the wagon if you are roommates with someone that owns a house? I understand that the only ponies that can stand on clouds naturally are pegusi, but don't you have magic to get past that?" He asked, confused about the setup the two ponies seemed to have.

Buck smirked. Calling down a cloud from the sky he looked at them and hopped up on it. Standing on it as if it were everyday for him. "Family have always been weather mages. We of the Cloud line enjoy the fact we dont need pegasi to control the weather."

Standing on his cloud, the stallion seemed more confident. "We have cloud walking spells. And are raised with them. Learning them as we walk. I can walk on the clouds. Control most weather. I fear nothing of nature." This was the first confidence he had shown since they arrived.

Scootaloo looked noticeably put off by the display, considering her lack of tallent with weather, not to mention her inability to fly, she was probably really starting to question her 'value' as a pegasus...

Tehengu's brow furrowed after Thunder had spoken. That had not answered his main question at all, only the side one about magic to walk on clouds. Plus, the whole display seemed to have put out Scootaloo a bit. The griffin opened his mouth for a moment before shutting it again. He didn't really know what to say, but his wing did extend out to hug Scootaloo a bit comfortingly. He would see that filly fly under her own power some day.

Archived