Al Bhed Decipher Game

I saw this on the other forum, and just had to do this with you all. Link to original: https://mlpforums.com/topic/140361-al-bhed-decipher-game/

So if you have played Final Fantasy X, you'd know what that language is. Their alphabet is different than ours, so i'll explain the rules:

You must decipher what I just said, and if you do it first, you're up next. The game is endless, so i'll provide the alphabets, and you decipher them.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Y P L T A V K R E Z G M S H U B X N C D I J F Q O W

Take our alphabet and use it with the Al Bhed's below it.

Here's my cipher: Ruua Sunhehr!

Lemme make the letter's more aligned with the translated letters, since it's a bit difficult at first to read which letter goes where.

AY

BP

CL

D - T

E - A

F - V

G - K

H - R

I - E

J - Z

K - G

L - M

M - S

N - H

O - U

P - B

Q - X

R - N

S - C

T - D

U - I

V - J

W - F

X - Q

Y - O

Z - W

Now, without further ado... the game begins.

Ruua Sunhehr... this is said with our alphabet, right?

If so, this is what it would be:

Niiy Cihrarn.

If I'm wrong, because I had the translation method switched around... it would have to be this:

Hooe Morninc (Almost like its trying to write Good Morning.).

As someone who plays an Al Bhed character in a final fantasy tabletop roleplay I can appreciate a good old Al Bhed translation funtimes. That said I couldn't say half of the things my character says in Al Bhed here.  :-o  She's rather creative with her stringing together of colorful language.

If I'm wrong, because I had the translation method switched around... it would have to be this:

Hooe Morninc (Almost like its trying to write Good Morning.).

I think your using the traditional Al Bhed alphabet that I use normally because I got the same. The one OP is using might be different. (so people can't cheat and use the online translators)

Archived