Friends in all Places {closed 5/5}

WishBone

Sea Beam whinnied in delight as the water began to grow warmer. She was swimming hard against the current. She didn't have too long - the hermit had only given her the afternoon before the breath spell wore off. Just enough time to find a comfy rock near the beach to watch the four-legs.

She reached her favourite rock in record time and jumped up on it only to find that to her dismay - the beach was empty! There would be no pony watching today, she feared.

She supposed the storm yesterday had put ponies off the idea of a beach trip. She couldn't help notice however that the sand seemed to be... sparkling? She squinted and decided (she wasn't 100% sure - her eyes weren't really that attuned to sunlight) that the storm had washed up gems, jewels and treasures aplenty!

Why, those foolish ponies were missing out! She wondered how long it would take til someone came along and claimed the riches? She could hardly wait!

Tiph let out a sigh as he folded his arms behind his head. The sun warming his fur as he walked at an easy pace along the sandy shore. The day had been busy what with all the chores of the day and the extra time that he and his sister had spent in the mine. Needless to say he was more than ecstatic when his mother told them to take the rest of the day off. It didn't take them long to scramble out the door and nearly run all of the way to the beach. Of course, they promised to bring back any fish or other sea-critters back for supper that night.
The corners of his mouth twitched into a small grin as his twin's humming reached his ears.

Miph happily hummed as she practically skipped beside her brother. She couldn't wait to splash around in the waves and possibly catch some tasty fishes. They just had to find the perfect spot first. Something suddenly caught her eye in the sand. "Hm?" She stopped and stooped down to pick up the item in question. She gasped in realization upon finding it to be one of the prettiest gems she had seen. "Tiph! Look what-" She was cut off by his paw landing on her shoulder and moving to point ahead of him. She followed his gaze to the glittering sand before them. Her mouth fell slightly a gap in awe. Gems, shinnies, and trinkets scattered about. She had never seen anything like it before! This was a dogs dream and they had found it! 

The two exchanged a grin before dropping their fishing poles and running across the beach marveling at all the treasures. Their laughter floating through the air as they bounded about, too enthralled in their findings to notice that they were not the only ones at the beach today.

As it just so happened, the storm from yesterday was actually the work of Gale Storm.

Right now, he's floating on the ocean, belly-side up. He is exhausted, has no energy to move-- some saved in case of real trouble. He isn't thirsty at the moment, but he is pretty hungry.

Gale Storm is somewhat awake, but he cannot focus enough to stay awake. Some moments he's asleep, some moments he's awaken.

Just what happened yesterday? Well, here's what happened:

Gale Storm had fought against a very powerful hurricane that was forming. Some sort of entity was creating a massive hurricane, which could've wreaked disastrous havoc from near that beach to Manehatten.

To beat the entity, the only way he knew how to fight it was to fight fire with fire.

For hours, he kept the entity's hurricane from growing. He covered the area in a thunderstorm to cloud the sightseeing of unwanted spectators, to prevent them from witnessing a panic-inducing experience.

The details are complex, so let's just say the entity gave up and went it's own way, and it will try again another day... Gale fell from the sky, though he stopped himself from crash-landing into the ocean by gliding into it.

Since then, he was tired... Now, he is adrift on the ocean, closing in a few more miles to that beach.

Gale knew that he was closing in on land, and was a bit relieved to hear that. He was getting a bit sick of being soaked in saltwater.

He passed by a few rocks... that's what he remembers seeing from time to time, half-awake throughout the whole way. Strangely enough, he noticed a pony... and a fish tail? He couldn't tell...

But bit by bit, he notices that it's must be a seahorse... A female seahorse watching somewhere else on a rock. She wasn't struggling or anything. How is she not? Gale is unsure, and doesn't truly want to bother know why at the moment.

By now the beach should be getting close. He finally fell asleep, not worried a bit. He let the beach take its course to guide him there. The two ponies on the beach should be able to notice him by now, though he doesn't know that. Neither does he know of that sea horse.

What a strange day....

"What a nice day~" Farsight said as she sat on a cloud high above the beach. She had her hooves draped over the edge of the cloud. She had a piece of cloud in her fingers as she peered out over the land below.

"Agreed." Her brother, Skysweeper said as he lay behind her with his arms behind his head.

"Do you wanna go~"

"Swimming?" Sky finnished her sentence. She smiled back at him.

"Yes I do." She said.

"Well there was a storm earlier and~" Sky said

"And you are worried about debris? I don't think~" far said

"That there will be any? Well there had to have been ships during it." Sky said as he sat up. Ruffling his jet black mane.

Farsight flicked the bit of cloud off the edge and stood. Adjusting her clothing which was a grey hoodie with baggy jeans. Her large wings flapping in the breeze. "Let's go see the beach." She said as she let herself tip and fall off the edge of the cloud.

Sky rolled his eyes and got up. He jumped off after her and opened his smaller wings.

Farsight continued to fall and twirled around a bit just before opening her large wings and flaring them to slow down. The force made it rough but she was able to flap them and land gracefully into the sand.

The first thing that caught the mare's eyes were the beautiful gems! The second thing was the two giggling and running around grabbing said gems. She chuckled and knelt down. Grabbing one gem and holding it up to the sun.

"Find something sister?" Sky asked as he landed beside her.

"Yes I did! Beautiful isn't it?" She said as she held it out to him. He took it and looked at in marvel.

She smiled and went back to looking through the sands. This was fantastic.

Airborne Waters had been walking for a few hours now, though it was more like hobbling with her wings extended and flapping for quicker speed and more stable traveling. Though it was not unusual for her to do that; it's just a side effect of missing most of one of her hind legs (and also a great excuse to get some breathing space in crowded places).

However it wasn't crowded where the areion mare was, it was actually quite spacious and accommodating. It was also the outdoors, which is far more open than the train Airborne had been on for the many hours before beginning her walk/hobble. 

Yawning a bit from fatigue, Airborne kept on moving along unsure if she even wanted to do what she had set out to do. Being so close to her destination made everything seem so surreal. Am I really going through with this? She kept wondering to herself, until of course the shoreline had barely come into view.

Stopping in her hoofsteps, Airborne closed her eyes and took a deep breath in and out. "Alright, I'm ready. I can do this." she assured herself aloud. "Just have to set up camp by the water for the night. That's all I've got to worry about right now." She felt a bit silly talking to herself. She had always done it, although it was weird not having her mother or father telling her to break the habit. The thought of her parents made her think of home and how safe and comfortable it was there. 

"No! I'm not going home! I'm gonna carry this out alone. Nopony else is here to distract me." Though upon saying those words, an eerie blanket of paranoia fell upon Airborne. Is there nopony else? She had only just arrived, so she didn't know if there were others around. The thought of having someone to talk to for the first time in a while dawned in her mind, and it was too tempting to ignore.

"I guess it won be too distracting if I have somepony to chat with..." she said perking her fuzzy ears up to listen for signs of others near or far in the vicinity. When she zoned into the world of sounds, she immediately heard all the sounds of the grass, trees, critters, wind and ocean. There were others around, but more than she expected.

"If I try to interact, I'll surly get distracted from what I came to do... I need to be alone for this!" She decided with half her mind, though the other half disagreed. I don't really need to do it alone, do I? It's only natural to feel secure with others around, I'm not here to scare myself.

After a minute of arguing with herself, Airborne made up her mind, and began heading toward the shoreline once again.

When she neared, she saw a gathering of Equestrians. Diamond dogs, pegasi and a sea pony. Odd that there were ponies here but nowhere else where she had come from, but then again, she wasn't actually paying much attention to the world, and more on what she was even doing in the first place.

"Well, I guess I'll go in and say hi..." Airborne muttered without any comfortable certainty about what she was doing.

Sea Beam didn't know how much time had passed but it must have been a while - though it certainly didn't feel like it. Everything seemed to have happened at once and a small gaggle had arrived on the beach. None of the land-dwellers seemed to have noticed each other, as they were all quite spread out gathering up their loot. She was worried now, that she had underestimated the time the hermit had given her. Things were starting to get interesting and she feared she'd have to retreat back under the water lest she stop being able to breathe the rich air she so craved.

She was debating whether or not to return home when something caught the corner of her eye. With a start she realised it was a four-leg and a very striking one at that. He was soaked through and probably unconscious. Snapping into action she dove into the water with one strong slap of her tail. She grabbed a handful of his hair with her mouth and gently began to push him towards the shoreline. With the way she swam, it barely took a minute.

With her mouth full, she didn't know how she was going to alert the creatures on the beach. The closest was a mare with funny wings and three legs. She hoped that the mare would hear her - and that she was friendly.

"Hmmmphh!" she gargled, not wanting to let go of the pony as the waves were strong and if she let go he'd get dragged back out to sea. She also didn't want to get too close to the shore as she didn't want to accidentally beach herself. So instead, she wrapped one foreleg around the pegasus' torso and under his wings and waved clumsily with her free leg as she paddled with the other. "Heee-lp!" 

She began to worry as she looked around the beach. There were two pegasi and another couple of creatures she couldn't identify. She had never once spoken or interacted with anything other than the sea-ponies. She began to pray that they wouldn't hurt her she didn't know what they would make of her - or what to make of them.

The male pup spotted a very nice looking opal beside his left paw and reached down to pluck it up when a sound whirled in his ears. His rustic eyes grew wide and he paused immedatly in his reaching, a bit startled by the sound. He had thought they were alone...usually Tiphes was more alert with his surroundings.He supposed with the comforting warm wind ruffling through his fur and the sound of gulls and waves had lulled him into a sense of security. Still he should have known better. He berated himself as he slowly turned to face whatever was behind him. Tiph relaxed a bit at seeing it was a pair of winged ponies. What were they called again? Peg-Pegasus! Yes, Pegasus. Tiph slowly straightened so as not to alarm them, though, they seemed to be going about their own businesses. He watched with calculating eyes. They didn't appear to pose a threat and it wasn't his first time being around ponies. No, his pack would often trade with the ponies. Still, that didn't stop some from having doubts. And thanks to the rogues that gave his species a bad rep, he was sure that the equines had their own. He glanced to the wooded area in the distance they should probably leave. The last thing he wanted to do was to get caught up in something. "Miph maybe we sho-" He was promptly cut short as said sister suddenly bolted past him and to the shore-line.

She didn't hear her brother or pay him any mind for that matter. The only thing she was focusing was a cry for help coming from the water. Miph ran on all fours across the sand, usually she spent most of her time up-right and walking on her back paws. However, when she needed that extra boost, this was the way to go. Not pausing once she reached the shore-line, Miph stood up-right and splashed into the sea. She saw what looked to be a pony maybe even two out there. She didn't know for sure all that was known was that they needed help. It wasn't until the water was up past the young pup's waist did she realize what or who had made the noise. There right in front of her was indeed two ponies, one limp and water logged and the other was...a fish? She shook her head as an exceptionally smart wave slapped against her causing the salty water to enter her mouth. "L-let me help." She spoke to the creature as she spat out the water and reached forward to grab at the stallion. She wasn't sure if the creature was the one that was calling for help or if it was the pony in it's grasp. Hopefully not the later...it didn't occur to her that this knew creature could possibly be looking for it's next meal.

It didn't take him long to recover and follow after his sister, weaving past the Pegasi pair in the process. What was she doing?! A low growl emanating from him as he ran to the shore-line as well. How could she be so brash? Just what had caught her eye? He came skidding to a stop however, as he nearly knocked over a very interesting looking mare. She seemed furrier than other ponies and those vibrant eyes. He had never seen anything like them at least not on a pony. "Uh..uhm..." He stared at her warily not quite sure of what to make of her. He had never seen a creature such as herself before, it was intriguing. His fur a bit ruffled though his stance being more of an unsure one rather than aggressive. His nerves were still a bit frazzled from losing site of his sister and the sudden increase of others.

((Ignore the fact I used anthros in my last post. It was silly.))

The Pegasus twins continued to grab gems here and there some were such treasures, heck a lot of them were treasures! Farsight found herself wanting to grab them all and keep them stowed away for a rainy day. No.... No she wanted to put them all on display!

Her brother tapped her shoulder and she looked to see a beautiful Emerald in his hooves. She dropped everything she had and took the gem like it was a a baby. She gave a small breath of awe at the sight of this beauty.

"It's the best of all in this area so far sis~ you deserve the best." Skysweeper said gently. Farsight blushed and felt tears appear in her eyes.

She gave a whimper and went to thank him when she felt his emotions shift. His focus snapped to someplace else. Sure enough he flew off with blinding speed.

"Trouble!" His voice rang in her mind. She stood and placed the gem away. Galloping after him and taking to the sky with him.

The twins flew above the waves. Looking down at what seemed to be a sea pony, two diamond dogs and a thestral! They watched quietly as they saved Somepony from the waves.

Gale felt something pull him closer to the beach. Or rather, somepony. What he felt was odd, as he never felt something like this before. He also began to hear sound from that somepony. Asking for help, probably. He couldn't recall much.

As he finally landed, thanks to that somepony, he begand to feel another different sensation. It had... paws. Or did he feel hands? Again, he's not absolutely sure.  This annoys him as he now tries to wake up. This took some willpower, as he was very exhausted. When he woke up, the first thing he saw was the seahorse-- or... seapony, now that he had a clear view of this pony. "Wha... Who?" He slurred with curiosity. He assumed this one helped him reach the beach sooner.

Now, the next thing he looked at was the from the opposite direction... he saw a dog, and not just any dog, it was a diamond dog. A female pup, actually. He also noticed another diamond pup, a boy. "I... you..." He said with a loss for words, he couldn't stay awake now. "Ogh..." Just as he groaned, he finally fell asleep. Now, it  is only a matter of time when he wakes up.

Airborne took a few more steps before she finally realized that all the different Equestrians quickly gathering to one place was due to the fact that there was a cry for help. She felt a wall of remorse hit her when she put two-and-two together to understand that the cry for help was probably directed at her own self.

Airborne felt like smashing her head against a tree in hopes that it would prove to be some kind of penance for her ignorance. Oh, why wasn't I paying more attention?! Now somepony is in bigger need of help than before!! But self-abuse would have to come later, there was somepony in need of assistance now!

She began galloping to he best of her abilities towards the seapony and the others, who had mostly already scheduled themselves to arrive before herself. When she reached the sand, Airborne lost balance from nearly being ran into by someone and tumbled into and through the golden grains. Dizzily getting up, she left her saddlebag behind and took flight just above the beach faster than she had ever in a long time, completely without thought of who she just left behind. Fortunately, it was not long at all before she arrived at the scene, but not after the victim seemed to have been brought up on shore.

The first thing that Airborne saw when she arrived was the soaked pegasus that appeared to be the subject of the emergency. "Is he alright?!" She blurted out, but then took action without an immediate response. She glanced all around the pegasus before checking for any outward injuries, luckily finding nothing. Her frantic entrance finally calmed down to silence when she held her breath and listened, felt and looked for signs of breathing. She sighed in releif when it became known to her that he was going to be fine.

"Does anypony have a blanket or something? We have to keep him warm!" Airborne paused to realize that the nearest blanket was probably in her saddlebag, which she had foolishly left behind in the sand where she stumbled because of... Someone... She didn't even pay any attention to the one who nearly collided with her. Dear Luna, please, oh please let that someone be kind enough to bring my saddlebag! But until that could happen, she took a moment to breathe, which ended up in her falling onto her back in mental exhaustion.

Sea Beam was grateful for the relief of her subject as he was taken from her grasp, but noticed the unease with which the female ... creature ...  did so.  She hoped that she wasn't afraid of her. Sea Beam nearly laughed out loud. Afraid of her, a seapony? She was harmless! She couldn't walk on land! It was she who should be afraid! She didn't even know what this thing was let alone who. 

Still, this thing had helped her when she asked and for that, she decided to trust her. "Thank you," she said, her voice crystal clear, almost eerily so. She realised she had never spoken above the water and smiled to herself as she found how easy it was. It was then that the pegasus spoke. "Hush, now. You need to save your energy," Sea Beam told him gently, but he seemed not to hear her.

She looked up at the sounds of more chaos and noticed the pony she had called out to had arrived. It became clear that she was  in no way a regular pony, but Sea Beam didn't have time to dwell on that as this new arrival began to fluster around. This pony wanted something. "A blanket?" she repeated aloud. "What is that?"

Sea Beam began to feel uneasy once more. There was so much she didn't know about this Upper World. How could she possibly help this pony when all she knew how to do was swim?

Miph stared with wide eyes as the pon-er... fish...pony-fish  spoke to her. She had never seen such a thing before and here it-'she' was talking to her. For once the female pup was a bit lost for words and could only nod her head in response to the seapony , her mouth forming into a toothy grin. Whatever this fishy creature was she seemed nice enough! Oh! And her mane was so-wait...what was she dong again? Miph thought becoming a bit distracted from her original task. The sudden weight in her arms pulled her from her thoughts. Oh, right! Looking down she saw the now sleeping stallion her arms...well, the upper half of him anyways. She hooked her arms under his and began to pull him further up shore. She strained a bit as the soft wet sand began to give way under her back paws. "Umf!" The pup grunted upon slipping a bit realizing that she could pull the fully grown stallion no further. Ah, well at least a decent amount of him was safe from the waves.  She bent over to peer closely at him when another pony arrived. Her voice drawing the dog's attention to her and wow was she a sight to see! Those eyes and wings were far from what was on any other pony she had seen. Oh, but her hoof? Miph scooted back as the mare began to check the stallion quietly watching from the sidelines, not wanting to get in the way. This fuzzy-furred  pony seemed to know what she was doing which made her feel better about the situation. That is until she requested an item one in which Miph could not produce. She only wished that they would have brought one today.

Tiph was a bit relived when the strange pony took off that is until he realized that she was going in the same direction as his sister went. Gah! What was gong on over there?! He started to follow though stopped noticing that the pony had dropped her saddle bag. "H-hey you...!" Finally finding his voice he went to call out to her however, she was already gone. With a sigh he stooped down and gathered the bag in his arms. Even if he was unsure of this pony it was only right to return what was lost. And if his overly paranoid imagination was correct he could also use this as bargaining chip for his sister. Yeah, hopefully. He sprinted in the direction where all the commotion was coming from and was very confused by what he saw. First thing he saw was his sister after drenched in water, then there was the vibrant-eyed mare fluttering about over what looked to be another pony, and lastly was the pony in the water. Again he was taken aback by what he saw, instead of hind hooves the pony creature had a fish tail. This day just kept getting stranger as time went on, he was starting to believe that maybe this was some bizarre dream. One that could only occur from being smacked in the head one good time. He wanted nothing more than to return the bag, grab his twin, and go running back into the forest where he knew it was safe. The young male cautiously drew closer to the others  his paws tightly gripping the bag in his on nervousness. As he got closer he noticed the stallion on the ground was soaking wet and un-moving. Oh, no! Tiph immediately squeezed his eyes shut as he gripped the bag tighter.  "H-he's not...." His voice trailing off not able to bring himself to finish his question.

Gale Storm was moving a bit, calmly breathing. He's in a deep subconscious state for just a few minutes and he's no longer in any danger. When he wakes up after those few minutes, he will definitely feel hungry and thirsty, even though he just wasn't before.

After a while, he slowly woke up. Now he can see and hear clearly, though he still aches from the battle against the entity. The first thing he did was to slowly get up, and just as he did, he saw the seahorse. He recalled the hazy memories, she dragged him up the beach. He turned around slowly with movement like a log, he saw two diamond pups. The girl and boy pups, who dragged him up to land as well.

With his body already turned, he shifted his head left to right, from diamond pups to the seahorse, twice. He set his head at the pups and nodded once slowly.

"Thanks, pups." He said to them, then turned his head at the seahorse. "Thank you, too, miss."

Unknowingly, his face wasn't very friendly (It was a very bitter expression.), but he really meant his gratitude.

"Well... looks like I've saved the day once again." He said, as his back fell on the jewel-encrusted beach. He closed his eyes for a moment to rest them. Still awake, just sore. "And I got saved in return. Interesting day today."

The twins watched from above in their flying positions. Skysweeper smiled when they got the pony to breathe again. There were so many other species down below.

A sea pony, two diamond dogs, a thestral and the drowned pony who was recovering now. They didn't even seem to be needed. The twins glanced to eachother and smiled to one another before flying off a ways to the beach again to search for more gems.

Airborne nearly jumped up and became airborne when she heard Gale Storm begin to speak. Something about saving the world? Endless thoughts rushed through her head again as she wanted to know everything about everything that happened, but she took a deep breath and calmed herself down the best she could; all of the answers would have to wait a bit longer.

"Are you alright, sir? Are you feeling cold, sick or dizzy?" she asked while taking the moment to look at her surroundings that she was ignoring yet again. She heard the flapping of pegasi's wings overhead, and saw the seapony who had summoned the group. There were also two diamond dogs; one soaking wet and the other nervously clutching-- Is that my saddlebag??

Airborne's face lit up immediately "Oh! I really need that saddlebag, sir! And hurry, we don't have all day!" She reached out a hoof to accept it, but then withdrew when she wondered if she was perceived as a bit of a jerk jumping in and taking over the situation without a word of thanks to those who rescued the stallion from the ocean in the first place. What did they think of her anyway? The whole situation seemed to have made her forget how to be polite. She bit her lip and shrank back within herself.

Sea Beam could only focus on one thing; and that was the weary pegasus in front of her. He had said something -  about saving the day? Was he important? Perhaps a royal pony that ruled over the Upper World? She wouldn't know. None of her texts dealt with the Upper World, so she knew little to nothing beyond what she learned from her daily adventures to the surface. 

She was so lost in thought she barely gave a second thought to the various creatures around her. The fuzzy one seemed rather capable, and Sea Beam was relatively impressed. "You - learned to take care of ponies?" she asked the three-legged one, her voice still clear, but it was obvious she wasn't used to their advanced form of her primitive language. 

"My name is Sea Beam," she said slowly to the others, who all seemed to be uneasy together. She was now confident that they had no need to be. They had all rushed to her aid and that was a deal-breaker. She smiled at them all. "Thank you, for help."

Tiph flinched a bit as well from the pony (whom just moments earlier he presumed to not be of this world anymore) spoke and at the furry pony's reaction. He gripped the bag to him more and let out a sigh in an effort to calm himself down. It wasn't like him to be this jumpy...well maybe when dealing with something...but other times he was not! The reddish furred pup's ears perked forward as the pony held out her hoof for her bag. "O-Oh!" He forgot that he was holding the thing. He eased up his deathly grip on the object...geez I hope I didn't create holes in it. He thought relizing how tightly he had been holding it. He cocked his head a bit as the mare suddenly retracted her hoof and seem to become more introverted in such a short time. How strange? She seemed so lively a few moments ago. He attention was grabbed by the now speaking stallion. What was he doing so far out in the ocean to begin with? Then the sound of an usual voice made it's presence known and he turned his head to face the sea creature.  He studied her as she spoke to the others. Her tone was friendly if not a bit choppy in pronunciation and she seemed quite gentle herself.

The female pup looked to the sky upon hearing the beating of wings and a smile of pure awe spread across her face as she watched the pegasi fly further down the beach. Where did they come from and more importantly look at the size of the wings on that one! Her blue eyes were trained on the female as she flew and took notice of what direction that went in. Gonna have to meet them soon~! She moved her attention the stallion and grinned a toothy grin. "What's your name, mister?" She asked her tail wagging happily behind her. All these new faces were just so exciting! 

"This...this is yours?" He asked the now quiet pony and edged a bit closer to her his arm extended to her with said item. "I...uhm...wasn't trying to take it or anything." He added for good measure with a small yet nervous smile.     

He was still lying on his back during all that's going on.

He then noticed another character, for the first time though. One with three legs, apparently asking for her saddlebag back from the male pup. And another two, twins apparently, who far away at the moment, searching for something.

He looked back at the seapony, who called herself Sea Beam. Then, this girl pup asked him for his name. He then sat up straight, a bit ached.

"This is the least I can do by introducing myself to such... kindness. It's been four decades since I last spoke with anypony, really." He said to them. "My name is Gale Storm. What are yours, pups and miss?"

The twins trotted slowly Around the sand and sifted through the gems. Hindsight held her Emerald her brother gave her in her teeth as she bent down to see better. They were still finding so many treasures that soon her brother galloped off to find something to put them in.

He came back with a old bag he found in the wet sand and opened it to place the gems inside. After about ten minutes they had half the bag filled. "After this we should~" he said

"Take them into the gem store and get some bits for our work?" Hindsight asked as she looked at him.

He nodded and grabbed another gem and placed them away.

They wouldn't be around much longer.

Airborne was stressed more than she wanted to be on this journey, but all at once her reasons to be freaking out were assuaged.

Not only did the pegasus begin to speak with no real troubles with breathing or remembering his name, but the diamond dog who had her bag she had dropped was giving returning it. To say that Airborne was relieved would be like saying that Discord's historical rise to power was 'not very good'. Airborne felt like she could just crumble in relief, but that was another thing to put on her 'to-do' list. Right now the priority was clear: make sure that Gale received something to keep him warm-- he could have been out in the ocean for a quite a long time!

Reaching back out for her saddlebag she replied to Sea Beam's question while also managing a bit of a smile. "I'm Airborne Waters." she paused a moment to think of what else to say as she received her saddlebag and rummaged through it for her blanket. "And, I... Thank all of you for doing whatever you could. I couldn't have possibly done any of this without you all."

Way to go, Air. Now you've gone and made it look like you were the centre of all the problem solving. I should really just shut up when I can't think crystal clear. She thought as she put the blanket around Gale Storm. She took a deep breath in an attempt to clear her mind so she could take things easily, and not without success.

Airborne looked as if she wanted to say something else, but she just held it in and instead sighed aloud, obviously now out her state of stressful urgency. She would be able to converse later on if they all stuck around, which led to her thinking about whether or not everyone would disperse, leaving her with the opportunity o do what she came here for.

Sea Beam now was 100% sure that none of these ponies wanted to harm her in any way. She wondered briefly if some strange fate had brought them all here today as she peered around from face to face; the pups, the pegasi, the fuzzy. She wanted to stay longer, to learn more about them, to play, to go on an adventure! But if she swam any closer she'd be stuck in the shallows and being beached wasn't much fun. 

She wondered if the hermit had a spell for legs. He could make her breathe the air; surely he could help her to walk on the land. But  what if she left and they were all gone? She didn't want to sound pushy, or to make them stay but in all honesty it didn't look like the big pegasus would be going anywhere anytime soon. 

"Friends - what are you here today for?" she asked, her words mixed up and muddy, yet her voice clear. It was a strange mix of perfect and imperfect; so much so that it was almost hard on the ears. "To hunt treasure? To .. vacation?" she said, unsure she had gotten the word correct.

"E-er...yeah, no problem...." He offered lamely to the fuzzy creature now known as Airborne. What a perculiar name? Then again most ponies had names like that right? A shrug. They probably thought the same of diamond dog nameing. Tiph folded his arms across his chest as he eyed the group. He winced a bit at the stuttering in his voice. Geez. Why did he say that? It's not like he did much of anything. While everyone else jumped into action he sort of just stood their petrified clutching onto a bag.

As the others began talking introducing themselves the female pup's excitement only increased. Oh~! To think she would be meeting so many new faces today! Her tail was wagging so hard that it was a wonder it didn't pop off. Her blue eyes darting to each indivual as they spoke in an attempt to take in every word they were saying. They were all so unique in their own way and-oh! Where were her manners? Miph stood from her crouched position and walked over to her twin. "It's very nice to meet you all." She smiled and slung an arm around her brother. "I'm Miphes and this is Tiphes." She chirped. "Miph an' Tiph for short...speaking of short Tiph here is-mphmr..." A paw clamped over the chattering pup silencing her from expanding on that thought.

Ah, bliss.

Tiph shot his sister a watered down glare as she licked his paw to get him to remove it. He receiving a chuckle and a teasing tongue in response. His amber gaze went to Sea Beam as she asked her question. He opened his mouth to give an answer but stopped as he thought it over. Oh, maybe they shouldn't mention their intended fishing trip...what if his family had been dining on this pony fishes friends the whole time?!

"Mm, we came to fish." She hummed happily in response completely oblivious of the possibility that her male counter part had in mind.

"Uh... thank you, Airborne." Gale said to her, he didn't expect a blanket. He wrapped it around him to assure her he's fine. "I appreciate your concern, really."

After the two pups were introduced, the seapony's question to everyone here reminded him of why he didn't talk with anypony. He doesn't talk with anypony, because he doesn't want to be titled as some hero or some pony that is responsible for all the mess the entities have made... but it was too late, he might as well say it, because he sucks at lying.

In any case, he spoke his true reason, though with hesitance.

"I was actually..." He said, hesitating. "... fighting against some powerful... 'entity' that could manipulate... a certain weather element."

He confessed, and further spoke. "It took hours to fend off its hurricane by using my thunderstorm as a cover and such. After it gave up the fight, I fell out of the sky from exhaustion and crashed into the ocean, then unknowingly floated my way here... and now, I've ended up here."

It sounded like a tall tale.

"I am not an ordinary Pegasus. I could just show you what I can do." He simply said.

Airborne hesitated to answer as she didn't want to make anypony else feel like they were intruding or something-- it was a public place afterall. Fortunately for her, the others answered Sea Beam's question first; so maybe, jus maybe she could avoid answering the question and no-one would notice.

'Came to fish'? Well that's no short-lived pastime. I guess I'll be sticking around here awhile. She was almost grumbling with the thought of that statement, though with her brain and not her vocal-producing body implements. Well, at least they all seem nice enough... she observed with a grin as the pups had their little sibling-moment.

Gale was the next to speak, and good gravy was it interesting. Fighting... Powerful entity... Weather manipulation... Hours of fighting a hurricane... Crashed into the ocean... Not an ordinary Pegasus-- What is this guy, a secret princess?! There was no way that Gale wasn't some sort of alicorn (not a princess though. Guys can't be princesses). Airborne was kind if skeptical about the whole thing, but what evidence did she have that Gale wasn't something out of the ordinary? He crashed into the ocean, and remained fine after who-knows-how-long!

Either way, Airborne wasn't opposed to Gale proving anything, but she was against him doing anything now. "Sorry sir, it'd be best if you stayed rested and warm after what you've been doing. It's a much better idea to... Uhm... Get to know everyone here! Much better than risking getting a cold, or the flu, or some other nasty condition!"

"You all seem unacquainted with sea ponies, why don't you ask about it or something?"

Good gravy, now I've made it obvious I'm looking for distractions she thought; nearly face-hoofing.

Archived