Protection (See OOC!)

AlextheAngel

Luna, Darky and Lullaby soon enough came out.

The first two started telling Lullaby some stuff, most of them were that she should take care and stuff, and they also though her a spell to call them if she needed their help,

She smiled and soon enough walked into the train with the othrrs, having her saddlebags with the stuff she needed in her back.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhenn watched from the station pad as Lullaby was first to arrive and board the train, though seeming to be too preoccupied to take notice of him among the other ponies at the stop. Lullaby was quite the lucky pony he thought, being part of a royal family and all. Maybe not Rhenn's preference, but it still seemed lucky enough anyways. Was there really much to do growing up? Was it all just freedom? But then again, later in in life the freedom would be replaced by responsibility; more so than what any other pony might have to deal with.

Once Luna and Darky had finished their farewells to Lullaby and had gone back into the city, Rhenn turned his focus to other things and wondered when the others would show up. It had been about ten minutes since he had come to the meeting place, and his mane was just about dried from his quick wash-up he had. His mane and fur were clean of all the various different things that had plagued him before; like sand, mud, water...pretty much any particle from any weather. Except snow. The snow was never delivered for the all-weather training he had been running for the recruits. Rhenn assumed that maybe their shipment was accidentally put in with other clouds going north.

So Rhenn continued to ponder the many thoughts that popped into his head, mostly consisting of what might lay ahead on the journey and just who the attackers were. The thoughts engulfed his mind until he began to disconnect from the real world in a daze, teetering slightly while standing in place.

The Changeling had noticed that Rhenn had drifted off into a state she'd never seen him in before and she chuckled. Walking over to him with a small glance up at the train, she nudged hin before continuing her route to boarding. Along the way she also had taken to look at the child of Darky and Luna. Lullaby. How sweet, she was brave to come along but yet again so was Alex. With a small smile Shadow decided to talk to them both. "So Lullaby, Alex, how old are you two?" She attempted to make small talk with a simple conversation starter, it was the best she could do considering she might not return to Ponyville wither her life.

Zed stepped onto the train and set his suitcases down, before reaching back and carefully grabbing the remaining bags from Alex, who stared curiously up at the Changeling Queen. "Six. Six years old, ma'am." The child answered with a shy smile, moving a bit closer to Lullaby. Zed worked to get their bags settled in place on the train, before walking back out and gently rubbing one of his shoulders. "All right, all aboard."

Gale Storm was planning on boarding the train last. He was just looking around the train station for any suspicious activity, still standing with the group.

"I'd get him and yourself on as soon as possible, Zed." He said to him. "I'll let you know if any of the enemies are here... it will be a lightning strike, just in case."

Rhenn snapped back to attention upon being nudged by Cocoon, almost taking military stance and shouting out like he was being debriefed on the performance of his crew of newer recruits after a big mission. Glad that he didn't embarrass himself like that, the areion soldier set course to board the train as well, but not before being unsettled by Gale Storm's alertness.

Rhenn's first thought was that he should assure Gale that nothing bad was possibly going to happen, and his second thought debunked the first with the knowledge that it hasn't always been like that in the past, and that the organization that they were going to face soon was entirely capable of sneaking into the city.

Rhenn turned and looked behind him, but the crowd of ponies going to and fro was about the same as it was every single day; nothing out of the ordinary. A relief for the moment, but what about the mission ahead? He knew most of Equestria's towns and cities decently, but somehow he felt that there was no longer a safe resting place.

Quit your worrying, Rhenn! Zed wouldn't have gathered all these ponies if they didn't have something to contribute, whether for comforting or for straight-up protection. And if need be, Zed is strong enough to take care of situations that I can't even take care of.

With a nod to Gale signaling that it was best that they leave, Rhenn boarded the train and stood by the others; fully armored save for a helmet, and weaponized with his spear.

Shadow chuckled. "Sx! Six years Zed and you never told me until now, darling I'm hurt!" She laughed before looking at Alex. "Well you're growing up very fast, I'm always here to help you just come and ask me!" Shadow smiled at the little one before placing her magical saddel bags onto the side for luggage.

"Manehattan! My I'm excited!" Shadow changed in a blink of an eye to her small unicorn form and smiled. Her cutie mark a horn wrapped in thread and a fuschia coat with a dark grey mane.

Alex smiled and hugged Lullaby tightly as she cuddled him, before beaming brightly at what Shadow Cocoon said. "Thank you, ma'am!" He said, before watching with fascination as she changed from her large Changeling form into that of a smaller unicorn with a grey mane. Alex had never before met a Changeling, much less see one actually switch forms. Fascinating! From what he read, Changelings were not the nicest of ponies. But this Shadow Cocoon seemed really nice and polite, it was no wonder his father liked her. He resolved to try and get to know her and Rhenn better as he boarded the train.

"Yeah, sorry about that, Shadow." Zed said rather sincerely. "It was something I had to keep a secret for the time being. Right now, I want to know how you've been all these years. You too, Rhenn. What's been going on with you guys?" He said rather cheerfully as the train conductor made his last call before the engine started up.

As far as he could see, there has been no trouble yet. The train conductor has made his last call, and so he boarded after every pony and persons, being last.

"Alright, I'm going to go acquaint myself with the train." Gale Storm said to Zed, and then to the others he says, "Enjoy yourselves, but try to be careful as well. See you all later."

So, he walked off to discreetly-- or non-suspiciously scan for trouble from cart to cart.

Rhenn just stood in place. Fun. Oh so fun. As his days go, the areion guard was more down than he would admit to. There just seemed to be some sort of spark that he missed to make him feel this way. He looked around the train car as it started to budge and be on its way.

Then it hit him, Rhenn realized that he hadn't really gotten to meet Alex. All day thing were all about orders-this and problems-that, but no simple joys. So once the train was reaching a good traveling speed, he unequipped all of his armor; which undoubtedly makes any of the guards less intimidating, and trotted toward Alex.

"Well hey there, sport! Howsit goin'?" his voice began a bit bland, but cracked into the hearty, warm voice he always had around a new kid. "Ya eag'r for th' adventure?!" he gave Alex a playful nudge with a forehoof with rising excitement. "Best be, 'cuz it's gonna be one heck 'f a ride whe'th'r you'd wan' i' 'r not!"

HooDoo  sat quietly in her seat located two cars down from the main group. She let out a soft sigh as her eyes closed thinking of previous events. The mare was a bit surprised to receive a letter. She didn't get much mail really and to get a letter from Zed was peculiar .  And once she read over it Hoo had canceled any appointments that she had and set to packing her things before boarding the train about an hour prior to now.  Said letter she received that prompted the train ride tucked safely away in her bag. The contents of the paper were a bit troubling to the thought though, she would have admit she was a bit eager to see everyone again especially Alex.

Just thinking of the little angel brought an amused grin to her lips. She quite enjoyed the times that the little boy was left in her care when his parents had other matters to attend to. It was actually some of her most favorable memories. She wondered if the boy would remember her. It wouldn't be too surprising if he didn't, it had been quite some time since she last saw him. Still she would hold onto that hope.

Hoo was brought from her thoughts as the train swayed to a stop before continuing on it's course a few minutes later. If she was right then they were now departing from Canterlot. The others must have boarded by now. The mocha colored mare thought glancing out of the window. Perhaps it would be wise of her to go and meet with them? However, before the mare could act the sound of the a train-car door opening and closing caught her attention, however, the sound didn't seem to bother any of the other occupants.

"Lost something, Agent?" She mumbled just loud enough for the stallion to hear as he passed by her seat. Lavender eyes moving from the window to the stallion a teasing playful gleam held within. She assumed by his presence  that the group she was looking for was in fact now on the train.

Zed let out a deep sigh and practically collapsed lazily in his seat, nodding to Gale as he disappeared off to another car to check for trouble. Of course, surely there wouldn't be anyone on the train threatening their lives, but it was better to be safe than sorry. He reached into one of his bags and pulled out a small beaker that contained his medicine, before popping the cork and quickly downing the strange liquid. He sighed with relief as the tense muscles around his scars began to relax, the ache slowly fading away.

Alex glanced up when Rhenn suddenly approached him, smiling in response. "Yes! Definitely!" He said cheerfully. "Dad always goes on exciting adventures, and now I'm able to join him!" He then stopped for a moment. "Weren't you one of the ones that helped my dad get to Canterlot when he first arrived in Equestria? What was it like?"

Gale Storm stopped mid-track from his investigation and turned to see who spoke to him. He discovered HooDoo.

"HooDoo!" He said softly, smiling at her. "Wonderful to see you again."

He sat down next to her to speak to her. "I've put myself on the lookout for trouble." He spoke discreetly with her. "I hope that there are none, but I feel I must keep investigating."

He then changed the subject, subtly keeping an eye out for other ponies. "Anyway, so you've come to help." He said to her. "I hope to work together with you on this one, plus I haven't had the chance to speak with you under... 'more normal' circumstances than the last time."

"Well," Rhenn started in reminiscence "I ain't gonna go sayin' th' day was nuthin' but mis'ry, but I was darn not 'n th' mood t' wake that next evenin'. It ain't e'ry day ya have dimwits t' accomp'ny ya on yer assignment, an uniden'ified bein' tame th' savag'st 'f wolves, a visit from th' most inf'mous vill'in 'n hist'ry and..." he looked over at Shadow Cocoon "...she jus' confus'd half 'f what I knew 'bout changelin's."

"In oth'r words; I wasn' th' happiest camp'r." he rolled his eyes and grinned. "But things've chang'd since then. I respect yer fath'r more th'n most. You should know yer darn lucky t' be with a guy as cool 's Zed... Cool that is 'ntil ya play games with 'is glasses." Rhenn glanced over at Zed smugly "Good times, eh, 'angel' boy?"

Shadow had taken a rather reservee position, she had listened intently to Zed and how everything was hard in the world, Rhenn, well of what she could anyway, the little ponies and everyone else in front of her. The knew mare that she didn't know however was Hoo Doo, or whatever Lullaby had shouted from the other cart but I was probably just a friend to be honest. The Changeling knew she would meet the pony at a later date seeing as it was to hard to do on a train.

The Changeling sat down and her horn glowed as she pulled out the latest magazine from Manehattan. She's definitely been rather out of it and missed a few large events so to speak but for now, the fuschia pink unicorn was happy to sit on the bustling train with her friends, reading and flicking her dark grey mane when she needed. Her eyes glazed over as the pony was in deep thought.

"The same is to be said about you as well, Gale." She greeted keeping her calm grin. She nodded slightly as he spoke of what his intentions were and focused her attention to the front as well. Might as well aid in the look out as they caught up. "Mm, I look forward to working together." Hoo agreed. "It will be nice to see everyone on 'more normal' circumstances." She replied using his choice of words. Her eyes traveled back to him. "Thank you, again for that." She spoke lowly remembering how he was the first to view as something else. "You look well." Changing the subject back to the present and focusing back to the ponies around them. "How have you been lately?"

Zed, hearing the conversation between the toddler and Rhenn, could only chuckle and roll his eyes in response. "Bugger off." He said, before leaning his head back against his seat and closing his eyes a bit. Alex giggled at the response, knowing how defensive his father was when it came to his glasses. Alex was somewhat the same way about his own glasses, just not as defensive as his father, despite how blind he was without them. For a second, the small giggle turned into a light cough, which caused Zed to perk up a bit. The child's health had always been near perfect, so it was a bit concerning.

"You all right, there?" He asked, watching at Alex curiously, who only waved it off.

Alex shook his head and cleared his throat. "I'm okay. Just a cough."

Rhenn leaned back a bit chuckling to himself over memories, only to soon be interrupted by Alex's bit of a cough. Zed seemed to be rather worried about it, which seemed strange as coughing was not uncommon, but concern he was showing was heartwarming at the very least.

"It ain't nothin' but a cough, Zed. What's t' worry ov'r tha'? Maybe he's jus' 'llergic t' Lull'by's wing feath'rs 'r someth'n." He joked with a suppressed laugh seeing as Lullaby had only just wrapped a wing around Alex.

"But ev'n if this li'l sport 'ere has come down with a bug, we ain't too long off from th' city anyway."

Shadow perked up at th sound of coughing and lookd of at Zed. "Darling I' sure he'll be ok, the little one will be fine and if not, I'll try and get in contact with Zecora, no harm done, plus I'm sure a little spell will fix the child right up," Shadow returned to reading her paper and circling the latest gallery pictures and fashions with the pen that was floating in the air in a soft pink aura.

"Oooh they are having an art sale!" she squealed in her own little bubble before quietly chuckling to herself.

"Fine. I've kept myself rather busy with work." She replied, casually watching others converse with each other in idle chatter. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. It wasn't surprising really. She didn't think that there would be any trouble on the train, however, she had to give it to Gale Storm for his alertness. It was reassuring to know that at least somepony was standing guard. "I assure it not the same work that I was formerly known for." She added to erase any suspicion that he may have felt.  

Zed looked back and forth between Rhenn and Shadow, before looking down and giving a small shrug. "All right, then. If you guys say so." He said. Call it a parent's intuition, or just overprotective instinct, it was strange and quite worrisome to the young man for Alex to suddenly start coughing... and it wasn't even winter yet. Perhaps he had allergies or something? He couldn't be sure. Zed glanced at his watch and sighed, before shaking his head. "I invited someone else to go along with us, but I'm not sure if she got the letter." He said.

Alex looked up, still cuddled against Lullaby's side. "Who's that?" He asked.

"A very good friend." Zed responded. "I'm not sure if you'll remember her. She used to baby-sit you when you were smaller."

Archived