Five Years a Brony

Back in early 2011, there was this crazy thing happening on the internet.  Everywhere I went, particularly on furry sites that I poked my head into, there was all this talk and art about some new My Little Pony show.  As someone that grew up in the 80s, this confused me, because I remembered watching the original MLP series with my little sister, who also had several of the ponies.  How could some new toy-commercial show be so popular for a toy line that was 30 years old?  

My curiosity led me to You Tube, where I found the first two episodes of Friendship is Magic.  It was... surprisingly good!  I found myself then watching the rest of the available episodes.  After seeing Sonic Rainboom, I decided that Rainbow Dash was best pony, (what WAS I thinking??) and decided to look for more content about the show.  A Google search brought up a site called Equestria Forums, and I ended up signing up to access some of the content.

I never intended to start role playing on the site, but the community drew me in, and I ended up applying for my first OC, Bonfire of the Royal Guard.  I was there when the original owners of the site suddenly lost interest, and the community gathered together to keep the site going.  That was when Equestria became Canterlot.  I introduced my teenaged son to the show, and he became a fan as well.  After coming to the light and realizing that Fluttershy was superior, it took me three applications before I finally got her.  Then, I was stupid enough to volunteer to review apps for the site, and eventually ended up as one of the Senior RP Staff.  

After five years of RP, IRC, and Skype, I'm still here, still RPing, still talking to Canterlot folks on Skype daily.  

I just have one thing to say to everyone on Canterlot:  You all suck, and I hate you. :P

45 minutes ago, Lyipheoryia said:

Congratulations!  You should get an award for staying with these insane folks for 5 years and not going cray-cray yourself XD !  

Who says I'm not crazy?  I'm a 40+ year old guy watching and RPing pastel ponies!  I do blame Canterlot folks for getting me into shipping though.  (But all Mane6 / Mane6 ships suck.)

1 minute ago, Corsair said:

Who says I'm not crazy?  I'm a 40+ year old guy watching and RPing pastel ponies!  I do blame Canterlot folks for getting me into shipping though.  (But all Mane6 / Mane6 ships suck.)

<facepalms>  

Congratulations!  You should get an award for staying with these insane folks for 5 years and not going cray-cray yourself XD !  

!!RUN!!  HIDE!  THE INSANITY HAS REACHED US ALLLLL~!!!

Archived