Cryo needs... Acquaintances...

So... I'd like to set up some pre-existing relationships for my new guard. Things like childhood friends, coworkers that became friends, maybe even someone that had a crush on him that he may or may not have returned.

I'm open for suggestions as well for old or new relationships, don't be shy!

Here's his app:

I could offer up any of my OCs, the reason I didn't mention that sooner was that no relationships jumped to mind.

Slim Chance could be or have been his Cryo Freeze's roommate, and then just about any of them could have met him and made his acquaintance while he was in the field, but those are all kinda vague.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

1 hour ago, DerpRavener said:

I could offer up any of my OCs, the reason I didn't mention that sooner was that no relationships jumped to mind.

Slim Chance could be or have been his Cryo Freeze's roommate, and then just about any of them could have met him and made his acquaintance while he was in the field, but those are all kinda vague.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Fair enough. 

I wouldn't mind having Slim and Cryo be roommates, though sounds like she wouldn't be there too often according to her app. On an unrelated note, I thought Slim was a guy when you mentioned her. Dunno why, that's just where my brain went I guess. 

Cryo could've met Naj... And Rex, though your right that they probably would've just been passing acquaintances... Maybe Rex and Liviel, my martial arts dog, could be friends or something. As for Cryo, I dunno. 

Also, and this probably belongs in its own ooc/pm with Red, but should there be a rp in Stalliongrad now that Flux is staying with Naj temporarily?

I think it makes some sense, at a glance Cryo seems like he might prefer a roommate who isn't around all too often, and Slim would probably like the idea of someone to split rent with and who could keep an occasional eye on her stuff when she isn't around.

Whether or not he's met Naj or Rex I leave entirely up to you.

And I don't think we've decided on that last one yet.  What would that thread be about, Flux finding an apartment?  Also I think Red might be taking a bit of a break after the Gala ends, so that thread may have to wait a bit.

4 minutes ago, DerpRavener said:

I think it makes some sense, at a glance Cryo seems like he might prefer a roommate who isn't around all too often, and Slim would probably like the idea of someone to split rent with and who could keep an occasional eye on her stuff when she isn't around.

Whether or not he's met Naj or Rex I leave entirely up to you.

And I don't think we've decided on that last one yet.  What would that thread be about, Flux finding an apartment?  Also I think Red might be taking a bit of a break after the Gala ends, so that thread may have to wait a bit.

Sure, Cryo and Slim can be roommates, sounds good to me.

I'll say he's probably met Naj, since she's been to Canterlot and she's sorta a big deal. He's probably seen Rex, but I dunno if they would've actually met.

Well, she needs one, but I was thinking more along the lines of just a slice of life thing. Looking for an apartment could be part of it, but there would probably be other stuff. I guess we'll wait for Red then on that though.

I could see Fire Walker knowing your guy...Considering their ranks are close..They're probably around the same age...She could have joined the R.E.A around the same time and even trained with your character. And attended officer school together as well.....And if he knew Fire, he would also know her family....One that has been a part of the R.E.A since day #1. All of her adult family members are in the R.E.A in one form or another.

And this would open the door for him to know Fire's officer friends as well.

5 minutes ago, tacobob said:

I could see Fire Walker knowing your guy...Considering their ranks are close..They're probably around the same age...She could have joined the R.E.A around the same time and even trained with your character. And attended officer school together as well.....And if he knew Fire, he would also know her family....One that has been a part of the R.E.A since day #1. All of her adult family members are in the R.E.A in one form or another.

And this would open the door for him to know Fire's officer friends as well.

Sounds good to me, makes sense they would know each other. 

4 minutes ago, batponyisbestpony said:

I'd like to join as Feather Light. Her dad trains the bat ponies in their colony, so maybe she could have meant Cyro when she went with her dad on a trip to the castle to discuss new training tactics, since she used to help him.

Sure, they could've met during one of those trips. 

Huh, somehow I managed to miss this planning thread...

Cyro would probably know Dawnguard on a personal level, or would have at least heard of him (kind of hard to ignore the theatrical rookie who makes grand speeches about EVIL all day). Though I don't think they'd be all that close due to Cyro's cold exterior. Depends on how Cyro would react to/interact with him.

He might also have simply heard of Northern Star, who was a member of the REIN before he was declared MIA. I think North probably left the REIN shortly after Cyro joined up (maybe, not entirely sure about timelines), so this would just be vague, potential future plot point than any real relationship.

2 minutes ago, Zeig said:

Cyro would probably know Dawnguard on a personal level, or would have at least heard of him (kind of hard to ignore the theatrical rookie who makes grand speeches about EVIL all day). Though I don't think they'd be all that close due to Cyro's cold exterior. Depends on how Cyro would react to/interact with him.

Yeah, he's at least heard of Dawnguard. Not sure how he would treat Dawnguard though, they'd probably be allies/co-workers. They've likely met though, so if Dawnguard wants to assume they're friends, go ahead.

5 minutes ago, Zeig said:

He might also have simply heard of Northern Star, who was a member of the REIN before he was declared MIA. I think North probably left the REIN shortly after Cyro joined up (maybe, not entirely sure about timelines), so this would just be vague, potential future plot point than any real relationship.

... Not entirely sure what REIN is...

On 8/1/2016 at 7:23 PM, PyroBlaze said:

Sure, Cryo and Slim can be roommates, sounds good to me.

I'll say he's probably met Naj, since she's been to Canterlot and she's sorta a big deal. He's probably seen Rex, but I dunno if they would've actually met.

Well, she needs one, but I was thinking more along the lines of just a slice of life thing. Looking for an apartment could be part of it, but there would probably be other stuff. I guess we'll wait for Red then on that though.

Cool.  Cryo and Slim are roommates, it is written.

The 'canon' says it's actually kind of up in the air whether or not the average pony knows of Naj.  She's a big deal deal for political reasons that many ponies don't pay much attention to, though if you want them to have met at some point I'm fine with that.  I can't imagine they know each other very well though.

And I can only assume Cryo met Rex out in the field at some point, because as hilarious as it would be, Rex doesn't spend a lot of time around Canterlot. :P

We'll get a group convo going for that last one sometime after the Gala ends.

Just now, DerpRavener said:

Cool.  Cryo and Slim are roommates, it is written.

The 'canon' says it's actually kind of up in the air whether or not the average pony knows of Naj.  She's a big deal deal for political reasons that many ponies don't pay much attention to, though if you want them to have met at some point I'm fine with that.  I can't imagine they know each other very well though.

And I can only assume Cryo met Rex out in the field at some point, because as hilarious as it would be, Rex doesn't spend a lot of time around Canterlot. :P

We'll get a group convo going for that last one sometime after the Gala ends.

Awesome.

Well, I would say that he at least knows of her due to his job, but them having met would probably be better.

Fair enough, they could've met while he was on duty somewhere else then.

Sounds good, I'll let Red get their rest.

Unless Cyro made it clear that he disliked Dawnguard or very clearly brushed him off, then Dawnguard would probably consider the two of them friends. Enough for him to approach Cyro and burble theatrical speeches at, lulz. 

And the REIN is the Royal Equestrian Intelligence Network. If I remember correctly, it's basically the intelligence division of the royal forces. Intel, infiltrators, etc. That's where all the scary special ops. forces come out of. Northern Star was one of those, but was declared MIA after a solo mission into Aquelia. His name might just be something Cyro heard once or twice, but he's pretty much old news now.

3 minutes ago, Zeig said:

Unless Cyro made it clear that he disliked Dawnguard or very clearly brushed him off, then Dawnguard would probably consider the two of them friends. Enough for him to approach Cyro and burble theatrical speeches at, lulz. 

And the REIN is the Royal Equestrian Intelligence Network. If I remember correctly, it's basically the intelligence division of the royal forces. Intel, infiltrators, etc. That's where all the scary special ops. forces come out of. Northern Star was one of those, but was declared MIA after a solo mission into Aquelia. His name might just be something Cyro heard once or twice, but he's pretty much old news now.

Well their meeting would probably have been rather professional on his side, but probably not so that Cryo would come off as disliking or brushing off his fellow guard.

As for REIN, I'm sure he's worked with them in the past, so he's probably at least heard of Northern Star.

Archived