A New Joy to Share (Closed: See OOC, Invite)

SteelEagle

5HbB79Q.png

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Sweet Apple Acres was, as always, a picture of serenity stark against the burgeoning town it had helped spawn. The town grew in stature and energy but Sweet Apple Acres remained the solid rock of dependability and stoic preservation of harmony that the town boiled and bubbled around, a babbling brook of dizzying possibility. The Apple family was more than content to remain this way, the solid protectors of the small town charm and friendliness that defined them as much as it did the town's past. They would be the friendly face that greeted newcomers and welcomed them to the fold, and in their breezy looking orchards and gentle rolling hills that housed them, somepony could easily fall for the spell of serenity that it cast over ponies.

It was all a product of the ponies who lived there and worked there, of course. The Apple family in Ponyville was a loving branch of a large tree, and while each one was different, they were to a fault friendly and forthcoming with their earnest values and well wishes. Their love was clear and their intentions to help others were worn on their sleeves. And for Applejack these were all things she took immense pride in. Her desire to help others, to help them acclimate to Ponyville, to learn and grow and become somepony who made the town even better, was as bred into her as her love of family. And Rainbow Dash. And boy howdy, did she love herself some Rainbow Dash.

So much so that the product of that love was the only thing that could send Apple Bloom tearing out of the house towards town, shattering the calm of Sweet Apple Acres with excited cries, as a new member of the family was making an entrance.

-----

Apple Bloom tore through town, jumping on tables, leaning into the Boutique and Sugarcube Corner, tossing her head into schoolhouse windows, breaching a castle's security with her energy, scaring all sorts of animals at a cottage with her yelling, and generally a one-pony soundboard on repeat. “Applejack's havin' tha baby! She's havin' tha baby!” She yelled, bouncing, running, nearly teleporting from place to place as she left much of the town to the mercy of a one-pony tornado.

She was plum excited like never before. She'd always been the little sister- now she got to be a big sister! Another little Apple and he or she was gonna be so cute, and she was gonna hug tha little foal and cuddle it and it was just gonna be the most precious thing ever. Everypony knew that the Apple family raised them right and good and she was just excited to have somepony else to love. And by howdy, would she make sure that everypony else knew what was up so they could join in the fun!

She needed to make sure that everypony that Applejack really cared about knew about this exciting new development. And she'd make sure that when that little foal took its first look around it'd find a whole room full of family and future friends. It was the Apple way after all- and it was, by extension, Ponyville at it's core.

• 2 weeks later...

u80WuYXs.png

Discord had sprawled out atop a tree. When he was in Ponyville he was oft spotted in the most curious places taking a nap. On a roof, under a park bench and, most often, in a twisted gnarled tree that accommodated his serpentine body, which was not much heavier than a full grown stallion. Simply lying rest o na branch did not do for the bizarre choice of roost for the winged spirit, who was prone to sleep floating or dream manifesting. His head rest over his paw, slung over the main branch, body curled back and under the branch until his hindquarters once again met with the base of the limb. His red, scale covered tail, made the perfect anchor as the harder covering of skin made the bark barely noticeable in his time of slumber. Even that thick coat of feathers did well to deter prickly twigs and obnoxious thorns were it applicable to the tree. His hind hoof dangled down as it had little to no means of holing a proper grip. Deer weren't the best climbers so his hoof was a bit useless for this endeavor. His gator's back leg sat up, gripping the limb, as if he were rest in the mud on a hill. Truly it was the lazies thing one could accomplish when it came to the absurd degradation that was chaos.

As it was he was rest in an oak tree that had since shed its foliage for the coming season, so he wasn't hard to spot, and in such: avoid. This grey ears were folded back, pressed against his dark mane. He seemed content to ignore most that passed him by in lieu of resting up. Chaos did not oft come paw in hoof with sleep. Time magic could be draining and downright repetitive. Dreams, wishes, and games seemed to play on repeat. With ponies he was always given to the surprise they managed to muster from him. The many things they did, invented, and games they played. It was of intrigue to him, even if he pretended he did not care.

The hark from a familiar filly carried to his roost. Ears swiveled forward as a red pupil, dipped in his molten-gold sclera, came to view as his lid slid open. Glancing down he would part his jaws in a feline-like yawn,back arching as he unfurled himself from the branch. Tumbling down he swung upside down, tail quickly wrapping around the branch as if it were the prehensile tail of a monkey and not a red-dragon. Forearms crossed over his chest as his wings spread out. It would be almost spooky if he weren't a common sight in Ponyville. 

"Well, well~" His voice seemed to curl and twist like a snake in the grass. "If it isn't my little Crusader compatriot..." He murred out, always a conniving, sneaky beast. Always looking for a game to play or a prank to pull. "Did I hear correctly? The most orange Apple is due?" Though he had seen she was gaining such weight, it only came after a painfully long and unenticing conversation with Fluttershy on how birds and bees were somehow associated in the events that unfurled when a mare was with foal. 

It was all too contrived for him. He was magic and all, but it still made as much sense as an ice rink full of marmalade. He gave pause to his own thoughts and scratched his chin. A note pad and his purple pen, complete with Twilight topper, appeared in his paw and claw, respectively, as he scribbled the idea down. Both the pad and pen, and he, poofed out of existence. Reappearing floating behind the filly his ears folded back as he chuckled. His hind legs were curled up slightly, paw and claw pressed close to his body.

"Say, do you think it would be tragic that I didn't bring a gift? I mean what do you even do when a mare is foaling?" He pressed his claw to his feathered chest as he chuckled in his throat. "I must than you for the news though, little herald. But I think you're missing something. Such news deserves more efficient equipment, lest you forsake your duty." His claw snapped, manifesting a hollow horn for the filly to shout to her heart's content as well as a fine looking drape, most deserving of the most medieval herald. "Let that lovely, country voice hit its peak." he chuckled in amusement.

Sitting back on his haunches he would clap his paw and claw together, a box forming in a snap. It was blue with a red ribbon. His tail raised up, the white tuft grasping the box as he stood onto his back legs and to his full height. Oh he had plans for the day! After all he wasn't a terrible guardian of chaos... he knew who his friends were, and couldn't let such be forgotten.

Rarity

Rarity was busy pinning up the sides of one of her newest fashion ideas, a scarf, with a hood, and EAR WARMERS! This was going to be the best project she had ever come up with in her existence. Or so she kept telling herself. Sure it was really cute and fashionable but she couldn't get her hooves around how to make one fit on a mare without messing her mane up. However on a Filly or Colt this would look SMASHING!

A gust of wind slammed open the door to her workshop and like a flash of lightning Apple Bloom was there, then gone. Another gust of wind came before Rarity finally heard the words that Apple Bloom had spoken. Almost just as quick Rarity snapped up from her station and put everything back in place. Now it was her time to get ready, she wasn't going to let that baby come into this world and not have the most adorable outfits to wear. But also first impressions came to mind. Rarity found her best hat and set it just right atop her head. She used her magic to move her strangely heavy box of baby clothes that she had made behind her, it was more like dragging it behind her but she wouldn't tell you of the struggle.

She finally arrived at the Sweet Apple Acres after what felt like years of lugging around her box. She pushed it up next to the table with some decorations that would indicate a gift table, maybe? Oh well it would have to do for now for she didn't want to be late! OR WAS SHE ALREADY!

dashiebanner_zps8kipjuya.jpg

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" Rainbow couldn't even figure out what to do. "This is the most amazing, most incredible...the most..." She let out a small shriek. "Gah! I can't even..."

Her wings moved in a blur. She had to make sure every pony knew! "AJ, you know Apple Jack?" She stopped a random pony in the street. "Well, she's ummmmm, yep! She's having a baby! Our baby!"

Rainbow took off again, zooming around Ponyville, her rainbow trailing out behind her. She flew over the town again, wanting to tell everypony but being just too excited!

Then she saw...

"Apple Bloom! What are you doing here? AJ needs you with her!"

• 2 weeks later...

Apple Bloom was besides herself with excitement. That much was obvious what with all her yelling and running and using up all her energy and yet finding herself growing more and more manically energetic. At this point she could have powered a small town on her own with little more than her own hooves and one of those fancy magi-tech generators in the big cities. Her heart was racing even faster and she felt warm and tingly all over. She had to keep telling herself to be calm and just make sure everypony knew but when she thought about it...well, a letter may have been better. But less immediate, and right now everything was immediate. She didn't eve think there was a moment past this one, her excitement was so overwhelming. Everything was in the moment and would be, and that was what imparted on her any wisdom she showed as she reacted to those who paid her any attention.

She was gonna be a big sister and there was nothing in the world nearly as awesome as that, and she couldn't even fathom any other thought than that. Discrod in all of his uncurlyness and chaosinecity was the first to really give her much. He was strange! Real strange. For all of the problem causing that his chaos caused by its very existence, he wasn't a bad sort. He was simply...chaos. That could be a lot of fun! They also shared some history. Why, it was her excellent arguing with her friends that freed him from stone in the first place. So really he owed her a lot, and he could repay her with a healthy helping of the finest ice cream in the land. But in this instance, she supposed one of them blow horny things would do! She grabbed it with a big smile, putting it up thoughtlessly to her mouth before replying. "YES SHE'S HAVIN' THA FOAL-" she noticed she was yelling his face off, and brought it back down. "Oops, sorry thar, haha. Umm, yeah- Ah mean a gift can't hurt, right? But AH don't think her mind is on gifts now. Last I checked, she was biting down on a hard piece of wood," Apple Bloom reported, happy to see that he had a git ready for her! Now wasn't he just a friendly sort?

Speaking of the friendly sort, here's rhe pony who had gotten really friendly with her big sis. Rainbow looked as cherry puckered as a mongoose in a snake farm as she flew around and who could blame her? She was gonna be a momma! What an awesome and terrifying thing that was, but she seemed to be more excited than anything. Of course she wasn't as excited as Apple Bloom but that was due to the simple biological fact that fillies were incapable of being less excited about some things than adults. And for an Apple, family definitely qualified. And speaking of family- "well...why aren't YOU there, Rainbow?" Apple Bloom asked, stopping her roll for a second. "Ah was sent out ta round up tha others! Shouldn't you be there to, ya know..." she trailed off with her hoof back to the farm. Momma better get back 'cause the other momma could kick a tree into the sun. Well, Apple Bloom BELIEVED she could and who was willing to test it out?

u80WuYXs.png

Discord was quite amused his tool was received with such excitement. He did owe quite a bit to the filly and her compatriots. Their youthful vigor was what freed him after so many years of booooooordem! He had no ill will towards them for any of it, in fact he did not have any condescending desire towards the Mane to have them exiled from the country. They had played his game to the end and he had lost. He was given... a chance and as remiss as he was to properly accept such invites to friendship he really... found himself admitting to the boredom of loneliness. What a sad day that an all mighty and powerful being such as him was reduced to broadcasting his faithless endeavors in mischief. Sure there was no fun in making sense, but there was even less fun if nopony was giving it a good laugh or appreciating his madness... Alas that was the way of the universe he supposed.

Having been hollered at from such clsoe proximity caused his beard and fur to frazzle all over, like a porcupine that had done been spooked! His mane managed to stay stiff amongst it all. He blinked clear his eyes and let his fur settle, paw smoothing out his beard as he gave the filly such a look. Honestly he did not give it to her to be shouted at. Shout at other ponies. Ho ho, but it did work to create a ruckus! Just what he intended! While he still did not fully understand the fuss of yet another pony being brought into the world, were he honest about the matter he didn't see the point of it all really. It was enough to have to feed your own muzzle, but to have another to care for? An extra responsibility? He had his paw and claw full just being chaos! Mind you that meant spending days being contrary with his household chores, reading comics in the bath and the occasional game night or two spent with the precarious dragon pup and limited speaking farmhoof.

"It troubles me the things you say sometimes Apple Bloom." Not really something he felt he should know, but perhaps that was just the immortal in him. Such things seemed unspeakable!

He floated there a moment, ears pinning back as Rainbow Dash was in such a flurry that she seemed to fail to see him sitting right there. Poor Applejack. He pressed his face to his paw as he crossed his hind hoof over his hind talon and observed the pegasus lose her mind, not that she seemed to have a consistent state of it typically. He pondered the exact measure of trouble he could cause, but it seemed enough was sending the pony's into a frenzy that would satisfy his need to stir up the inordinary. But -- just what was it about birth that made the ordinary... extraordinary? He pondered long and hard on the deep menacing behind this. After about ten seconds he gave up. 

"Well you have fun here slowpoke." With a snap he would zip this way and that before reappearing 

He found himself atop a stack of boxes, luggage, whatever you may have called it. For a tiny unicorn Rarity had quite the bit of tenacity when it came to hauling her goods. Should he be the one to tell her she could have used her magic in this case? She spends far too much time with such meticulous tasks she has forgotten her try and proper strength of magic! Well no matter. He nosed through the affects, were he able, he would decide what was worthless and what was super worthless.

"Do foals really need all these things? I mean would they even fit in this gaudy piece?" Ah a good way to trigger Rarity was use the word gaudy in her presence. "I would think you had a bit more style~" He teased before warping out and appearing on the ground at a more pony suitable float level. His ears pinned back with a grin, wondering just what he would be granted a chance to witness today!

RA-RA-RARITY

'Do foals really need all these things? I mean would they even fit in this gaudy piece?' Discord spoke, or more so to Rarity's ears uttered total blasphemy.

"I would thank you to rewind those comments Discord, I know you mean to rile me up and I will not stand for it on such a day. Besides I used several different scales to make all of these and most are adjustable, so yes in fact, they should be able to fit in them." She said with a flip of her mane and a very 'pleased with herself' smile on her face. "And yes Discord, I even made you something, since i did miss your birthday or whatever it was." She handed him a small box with only the most EXQUISITE tie in it, long, sleek, solid black in the dark but with patterns that would show up depending on how you looked at it in the light. "A Rarity custom. I knew you didn't have any formal wear so I figured you'd at least need a tie for such an event."  She tried her best to ignore his jests, she knew what he was and what he was up to. "I'm surprised you aren't busy messing with Rainbow Dash or maybe playing some joke on Apple Bloom who is working very hard to gather all the ponies in Equestria it seems." She nodded a few times, Apple Bloom sure was a bolt of energy today, I mean after all she was going to become an Aunt!

Apple Bumpkin! (and Apple Pie!)

Apple Bumpkin had been visiting town to spend some time with her own Special Somepony, Cheerilee, when she caught word that Applejack was having her baby. It sure was a rare occasion since Apple Bumpkin had only ever been to one birthing in her entire life, her own!

"Come now Apple Pie, we can't be late ta this!" She said as she leaned down and let her smaller cousin Apple Pie jump atop her back. "Cheerilee, the two of us are gunna head out and take these boxes over. When ya get yerself together we will see you down on the farm!" She spoke loud enough, hoping that the sleeping mare heard her.

"I see, well then lets be off then." Apple Pie said as she gripped two of the boxes tight in her hooves. She wasn't going to let them go for anything, even if it meant falling off.

"Right!" Apple Bumpkin began to trot merrily down the road towards SAA with Apple Pie on her back!

• 2 weeks later...

5HbB79Q.png

Pain was something Applejack could handle, but she didn't know how much longer she could take this before she bit somepony's head off. Probably Rainbow's. Preferably Rainbow's. Definitely Rainbow's. She hadn't known at first if she was in labor was just experiencing terrible cramps, something which she was becoming accustomed to over the final stages of her pregnancy. This had lasted for several hours, during which she went about the tasks of her day. She had started sweating along her neck and sides and found herself unable to sit still. The pain continued and continued and eventually she had to face facts that it was time. She had just woken the rest of the family when her water broke. No time for the hospital- she made her way to the haybarn and laid down. Granny Smith attended to her, Big Mac was off doing something, and Apple Bloom had been sent to corral the others.

Including Rainbow, who needed to be here, and to be here now. Applejack was as comfortable as she could be, the contractions coming faster and harder as she was getting this little one out of her. Love stayed the expulsion of foul speech but she was excited to see if there was anything she could hit. Her mane was matted with perspiration and the contraction brought fresh waves of pain as she bit down on a small piece of wood to relieve the pressure. Soon she'd have a foal to love and cuddle and help grow and boy howdy wasn't that a bright future to be excited for, but for now, in the moment, she didn't think there was anything beyond this piece of wood. She was told to push and did with a grunt, a growl, and a bit of an angry whimper. She spat the wood out. "Land's SAKES, WHERE'S RAINBOW DASH?!" she bellowed, taking some deep, lunging breaths afterwards.

After she was done playing with Discord, well and by playing she meant yelling in his face on accident and spending more time running about yelling until the megaphone she was using went out on her and she made her way back home. Maybe in the morning her body would be sore from all of this activity but for now she was charged and read to rock and roll! When she got home she saw the collection had grown. Rarity was there with gifts or some such, playing around with Discord. Where they gonna have a baby? How were babies formed with a unicorn and a dracon-thingy? But that wasn't all of it! Apple Pie and Apple Bumpkin were here, and that was just awesome. It was a collection of some of the most important ponies in her life (with the exception of Discord, who was nice and all though!) here to celebrate the greatest moment ever since she got her cutie mark which was the greatest moment since she met her friends, which was the greatest moment since her own birth!

Her life was a collection of great moments!
"Howdy!" she yelled out to her Apple cousins, jumping into a big hug. "Ah'm so happy y'all could be here! Why, Ah'm sure Applejack will be just plum excited ta see y'all-"
"Land's SAKES, WHERE'S RAINBOW DASH?!"
"-...well, Ah mean, not now, obviously. Oh, after this, Pie, Ah need ta give you back yer book," she said, her eyes gleaming that Rarity also brought things. Cool things! "Hey Rarity, whatcha got thar? Oh, Discord, yer lookin' fancy now. Did y'all get all trussed up for a birth? Ah heard it's more messy than formal."

u80WuYXs.png

He was always out to tease Rarity and her sense of fashion. While in some areas the two clashed there were rare instances that they did like the same color or bit of fabric. A showpony after all pomp and parade was no good without costumes to fit into! A strangely shaped body such as his often demanded custom tailoring, and in seconds would they need to be blinked into existence so he could play his pranks, or make his point. His eyes pinched slightly as the grin on his muzzle pulled wide, Rarity responded. His ears pinned back as she put a hoof down on letting him get under her fur. So she thought of everything -- maybe if he, but as his paw and claw digits wiggled, the beast hovering over the gifts to make adjustments of his own he was stopped by her calling to him again.

Made him something? Please it was probably an absurd hat or an odd fitting jacket. He did have shorter and longer forelimbs unlike most ponies. He was a tailor's nightmare. He lowered from the top of the gift tower before his hoof touched ground, followed by his talon, it being the shorter limb so the last to reach. The reptilian digits spread out to stabilize him in the standing position, body arching in a snake-like fashion to account for his length. His red, pink spined tail, coiled onto the ground to act like a fifth limb. He snorted and held out his paw and claw.

"Oh please, you've not measured me in weeks. Dare I say your calculations are probably amiss. I grow and shrink on a daily basis." Not to mention the extra fluff he was putting on for the winter. 

Not purposeful by any means ... His paw pressed to his feathers, brushing them down subconsciously as his claw drew through the air, manipulating the box to pop it open. He was expecting something silly. Well, as a spirit of chaos he did always expect something silly! Though that was not what he meant. Who remembered what day he was even born. Some days he celebrated here, others there. He told stories ranted on, but never thought any pony really paid him any mind, or took his rants as part of his trickery. When he opened it and found, instead of a prank, an actual gift he was a bit -- stunned. His ears pinned back as he took it out and carefully pulled it over his antler and twisted horn. He tightened the tie so it hung from his neck properly. Though he had not made a snark in several seconds, or obnoxiously regarded the gift in question... he had much to say.

Nothing would be spoken though. 

He lowered to his haunches and say down, paw-claws tucking between his hoof and talon. "Well... she was in a tizzy so I rightly could not catch her focus." He looked away. "I lend her a hoof in spreading the good news..." he assured. He was quiet for several seconds. "Is this really a big deal?" Why they were all so flighty was beyond him.

When Apple Bloom returned from her task, more Apples on board to boot, they also seemed ecstatic for the event. Applejack's shout caused him to wince, feathers fluffing from the surprising strength of her holler. He sat up a bit and put his paw to his chest, brushing over the tie. He looked down and settled on all fours again. He wasn't sure what to say. This whole foal business had him deep in thought.

"...well I figured dressing up once in a while was nice. It is good manners in any way when invited to such an important event!" Though... he really couldn't see what all the hoopla was about. 

5HbB79Q.png

Applejack looked around. No Rainbow Dash. Not yet. Sweet Celestia she wasn't gonna miss the birth of their first child, was she? The Apples made darn sure they never did. It was almost the worst possible thing that could be thought of regarding the birth of the child, once the more obvious scenarios were discounted. Oooh, she'd never hear the end of it. Not from Applejack. Not from Big Mac. Not from Granny Smith. Not from Apple Bloom. Not from Apple Pie. Not from Apple Bumpkin. Not even from Valen Orange! Dozens and dozens of family members would remind Rainbow of this even when they were old and grey. Of course that was if Rainbow lived to be old and grey. Applejack was of the mind to eat her whole right now.

“Push!” Granny said, and Applejack complied with a fierce grunt. It was coming to a head soon. There was gonna be a new life here and Applejack was pleased as punch but she'd be damned if she didn't just want to get this over with. Cascading waves of electrifying pain scorched her from top to bottom, with her whole lower half almost numbed out with such a tidal force coursing through her. It was almost over. She knew it, could feel it, sensed that the dawn was coming in the middle of this fierce storm. But she more often than not had some help trying to get out of that storm with a certain rainbow maned pegasus, and she wasn't here and that was making Applejack more than a little bitey. “RAINBOW DASH! Ahhhhhhghghghgh- RAINBOW! DASH! GET YOUR FLANK-” she started yelling obscenities, clearly none too pleased currently with the absence of the other more.

OOC- 7 days until birth.

Rarity

Discord seemed rather happy with his gift, that was a good sign. It had taken her several hours to craft and weave just right. He was right, she hadn't taken any time to measure him lately and she had hoped that going off his last measurements would be fine. With a nod of approval Rarity reached up and adjusted it slightly, she didn't expect him to know ho a tie was supposed to look since he seldom got dressed up so it was fine if he made a few mistakes.

"There we go!" She said once it was perfect. "Oh Applebloom I have a small something for you too, since it wasn't ready for your birthday party I figured now would be a good time to give it to you. You need not open it this very instance however." Rarity produced from her collection a box that was tan with an orange ribbon on it addressed to: Applebloom. Inside was a dress that Applebloom had seen in the boutique one day when she was by with her friends and Valen. It might be a little fancy for this occasion but at least now she had delivered the secret surprise.

"The rest are for Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and their new foal!" Rarity was by far more excited then she thought she should be, but it had been oh so long since she was able to craft so many a thing for ponies she held as dear as these. In fact, the last time would have been Twilight's birthday or maybe even the Grand Galloping Gala. Oh what a fine night that ended up being.

Apple Pie

Apple Pie let out a soft giggle as she saw Applebloom running around in a craze.

"Oh, that's fine Applebloom, I brought you the next three in the series if you wanted to read them." Apple Pie loved to lend her books to anyone who wanted to read them. This particular series was a sort of Science meets Romance. Rather interesting combo indeed, it had seven books so far but the author had promised at least one more. "It looks like you need some help!" She said a bit louder as she heard the cries from Applejack. "Mind if I tag along?" Pie said as she got off her older cousin and followed alongside of Applebloom to gather the remaining ponies, and Rainbow Dash. The two were roughly the same age so it seemed the best course of action since they most likely wouldn't be allowed to be near the newborn anytime soon.

Apple Bumpkin

Apple Bumpkin walked past Rarity and Discord and headed over towards where she knew Applejack would be. Just outside the door she stood silently and almost at a guard stance. Out of all of her cousins Applejack was for sure of her most favorite, and closest to her. She wasn't sure what to say or do so she simply stood.

6SMi1qDG.png

Discord was all for his costumes and outfits. Dressing up in more formal attire was often a moot prospect when a pony like him was rarely invited to soirees! It could be his rowdy nature or his looks. A party just wasn't a party if the penguins weren't all hopping! He fussed a bit as Rarity fixed it up, pouting as he raised his paw to deter her, the soft pads beneath the massive manticore paw hardly intimidating. After it was on straight he felt himself get lost in his thoughts. There was something about this gathering that made him feel off. Looking down he sometimes could see he was a little different from the pragmatic pony populace, but he was too proud and arrogant to accept that they looked at him like he was the monster. He was quite handsome and full of power. All his parts were meticulously collected to advance his agenda! Or so they say. 

Where he got all his magnificently, multitude of arms was a question indeed! Did he really take them as many stories claimed? Was he born with them? Or was it simply the way chaos was, no question one way or the other. Rarity always did over do it, but she was the Holder of Generosity. He could see why. Pushing off the ground with his paw the spirit was floating. Poor Apple Bloom had quite a job, but she managed to recruit the spirit of chaos in her hollering so she was doing something right! Shifting his weight he turned his head to the more surly Apple Bumpkin. At least by her almost statuesque stance she seemed more an ornament. Apples came in all shapes and colors, but this one was a bit too intimidating for his liking. And he should know a thing or two about statues. 

"Well ladies, i hate to interrupt but shouldn't we be cheering her on, or whatever it is you ponies do during such an affair? I mean don't you gather together for the sake of moral support? Or something idle like that." He threw open his claw to release a rain of confetti. 

He really wasn't sure with all the reasons they often had for getting together. This one did seem important, when compared to all the other times! He floated over to where Apple Bumpkin was, ears pricking forward. He tugged his tie a bit, feeling a little choked by the formal wear. What were they to do, just sit here in the antici---

--pation of it all?

With two very enthusiastic heralds like Rainbow and Applebloom, Fluttershy heard the announcement even at her cottage outside town.  She had been preparing for this for months.  The pegasus grabbed the saddle bags she had set aside for this day, and quickly took inventory of the contents.  Tranquilizers:  Check.  Smelling Salts:  Check.  Bandages (just in case):  Check.  Most importantly, Applejack's Lasso:  Check.  Now, she just needed to track down her oldest friend.  

As much as she wanted to be there for AJ, Granny Smith was more than capable as a midwife.  No, Fluttershy's goal was to try and rein in a hyper-active, super-sonic streak that was currently flying erratically over Ponyville.  She knew there was no way she could catch up with her own wing power, but all she had to do was get close.  She'd practiced with Applejack for weeks, anticipating this.

Fluttershy ascended over the town, getting to the altitude the errant rainbow blur was flying.  With a few careful twists of her neck, she threw the lasso loop at Rainbow Dash...

Apple Bloom took Rarity's gift with the most extreme of constrained excitement. She was the best dressmaker in the whole wide world and whenever she made a gift for somepony it was something to be treasured forever. She had assumed that perhaps Rarity was too busy to make her something and that was fine, but she was wrong- and the evidence was here in her very hooves! “Well thanks there Rarity! Ah'll try it on maybe...umm, maybe tonight?” She said, scratching her chin. “Ah think Ah'll be too busy holdin' tha baby, feedin' tha baby, looking at the baby, changin' tha diapers, teaching it how ta be a crusader, and dancin' ta wear it in a few!” she said excitedly, clearly ahead of herself.

Her cousin was more down to earth. Or more like she simply got Apple Bloom's attention for a fraction of a moment- more books was already! “Land's sakes, 'course Ah'd love ta read'm!” She said, imaging all the romance, adventure, science, and fictional science that was hers to enjoy in the near future! Well, she'd have to fit it in with the baby somehow. “Oh, and Ah can read them to tha new foal!” Now talk about a win-win right there. No, win-win-win! She won twice AND the foal won. Everypony won!

Including Discord, who was looking mighty dapper for such a situation. He was a dapper gent when he wanted to be, she'd seen it with her very own eyes before. If he could just pull back 'bout ten percent he'd get loads more love from ponies. But maybe the curse of chaos was that you couldn't moderate and were doomed to an eternity of excess, with or without a desire to be so. She'd banish any deeper thoughts for now (not that with the big red flashing word FOAL over and over in her head allied with SISTER would have allowed it), and instead decided to inform him. “We don't go in there just yet. It's a very...umm, private...and...fluidy...thing that's happenin' in there. We go in when we're told to or we hear-”

The sounds of a foal crying.

5HbB79Q.png

Breathe, breathe, breathe, push, breathe, breathe, breathe, push, breathe, breathe, breathe, push.
It was patterned breathing. It was important to try and keep calm and relaxed, keeping safe and sound inside of the chaos of birthing. Three deep breaths from the diaphragm, slow and deep, followed by a push. She had learned it from both a class as well as the thirty-nine different Apple mare opinions she had received. Some breathed slow and deep. Some breathed quick to fill the chest. Applejack was a deep breather, because she was starting to feel that it was coming to a head.

Breathe, breathe, breathe, push, breathe, breathe, breathe, push, breathe, breathe, breathe, push.
She was only loud and vocalizing because Rainbow needed to be here. It was bad enough for all the ribbing the rainbow mane'd wonder would deal with soon enough, but it really made Applejack ever so slightly worried. Who the hay missed the birth of their first child? She knew that Rainbow wasn't that busy or that far away. Was it nerves? Had to be nerves. She might have been one of the bravest ponies in Equestria when the chips were down but outside of that she could be a little bit of a frightened filly. Still cute.

Still late! Applejack was gonna wring her head when this was through.

Speaking of- the head was coming out, though she couldn't see, she was told. Applejack wanted to get this little lady or fella out of her already. Truth be told she had been fighting an inner battle to try and maybe hold off for Rainbow, but she had made peace with the fact that Rainbow was probably flying erratically and crashing into buildings with a mix of excitement and fear on the way here. She wasn't going to be here, but regardless of who was here or how they got here, why they had or with whom or any other pointless thought of hers, it was time for the foal to be born and greet all the new friends and family it'd have.

Breathe, breathe, breathe, PUSH, breathe, breathe, breathe, PUSH, breathe, breathe, breathe, PUSH.
And with that final push, the foal was out. She herself still had a long way to go as there was plenty to get out, but the most important thing in the whole wide world wasn't one of them. The foal was cradled expertly by Granny Smith as Applejack brought her head into position to look, but was simply too tired to move hr head much more. Especially when she still had work to do. And all this time, she had been worried that something was wrong. Was anything wrong? Was the foacrying? Crying foal was good, yes.

But she had been so focused on her part of it that she couldn't even, until now, really listen…

“H-how's tha foal?” Applejack asked weakly, but excitedly, happy to meet her new foal, her first foal, a new Apple, and the future of them all. And she would be proud to call that foal…

OOC- Riverhippo is next post. Anyone afterwards can have Granny allow them entrance.

After being pushed out he was cradled by his great grandmother.  Eyes shut as they always have been.  Could he articulate, there would be no words to explain the strange somewhat satisfying experience he just had.  But before he could retain a memory of it, it was now time to figure out his current situation.  Suddenly, there was this weird sensation tickling his snout. He wasn't sure what it was so he opened his mouth.  Instead of the expected vacuum of a womb, he experienced air for the first time.  "Hau, whaa!  Whaah! Eh, wha!"  His pelt changed colors slightly as he breathed his first breath. His pelt now being shown has a dark tan, his undeveloped mane and tail orange and yellow.  His delicate feathered extremities, tightly folded back.  His face freckled between the eyes.  He was able to open his eyes just a little, not really able to see anything that would look familiar to anything he had ever known before and it was very bright.  This must be what life is like.  Hello life.

iLPsP7p.png

3z9ffkR.jpg

dashiebanner_zps8kipjuya.jpg

Rainbow had made it back into the haybarn just as AJ pushed her last push. She had flown there erratically, hardly aware that she had actually been steered by her oldest friend Fluttershy. The mare nearly collapsed from her crazy flight and could hardly keep anything of herself together as she saw her foal being born! 

"Oh my gosh!" Rainbow was a streak of colored lightening to come to AJ's side. Her eyes welled up, she couldn't breath. She couldn't think. Her mouth just hung open in amazement! 

Rainbow had felt many things in her life, but never anything like this. It was too much for her to handle. Tears streamed down her face. She was so proud of Applejack. There were no words. There was nothing she could do.

Her heart pounded as it never had before. Not from the flight, not from anything other than sheer and total shock! The fact that she had almost missed the birth hadn't quite reached her. Rainbow was just happy she was there. She was so proud.

As her mare asked how the foal was Rainbow glanced into Granny Smith's arms. There the foal was! So small, so perfect.

"The foal's...well...our foal is..." She glanced around. "Is it a colt or a filly?"

She took a closer look. Were those?? WINGS!

"The foal's amazing AJ...are you ok?"

Rarity

Rarity was beside herself, the baby had been born! AJ had done it! She had endured all the pain and troubles that came along with childbirth and produced what sounded like a very healthy and already very much loved foal. Rarity had to wipe some tears from her eyes as she stepped closer to the door, she knew better then to cut in line at a time like this, everyone would surely have their turn with AJ, Dash, and the new born. Luckily Rainbow Dash had made it just in time, Fluttershy too. It was a wonder that Pinkie wasn't here, but maybe that was part of the surprise coming later and Pinkie didn't want to ruin the fanfare of the actual birthing?

"Oh my gosh, I am so happy for them right now." Rarity said as she stomped her hooves quietly, pretending to trot in place. It was clear that she now had a new foal that she could spoil, maybe even foalsit when the Apples or Dash were too busy. When it was safe Rarity would take her turn into the room with them and tell them all herself how she felt. She had prepared a special rag just for Applejack that was made from a material that stayed cool, not cold, no matter what the temperature was. She was sure that this would have been way more helpful before but she had been just oh so caught up in making clothes and gifts to bring it by.

Apple Bumpkin

First in line outside the door was Apple Bumpkin. Granny opened the door and quietly waved her into the room. Taking small steps and being as quiet as possible Apple Bumpkin walked in there and sat down next to her cousin.

" Ah'm so proud of you AJ. All of yer love and hard work clearly has paid off." She took a hoof and brushed a few stray strands of AJ's mane out of her face and gave her a quick soft nuzzle. "Ah don't intend to hold you long, just wanted to let'cha know that Ah'm staying in town for the next few weeks and if ya need anything, and ya know Ah mean anything you don't hesitate to ask. Yah know where Ah'm staying with Cheerilee, not that far from the farm." Apple Bumpkin turned to Dash and gave her a tight hug. "That goes for you too Missy." She let out a soft giggle before turning to leave the room. She didn't want to take too much time from them since it was very important for AJ to get some rest now after that ordeal.

Apple Pie

Apple Pie simply just followed behind Apple Bloom quite unsure of what to do in a situation like this. She had read about this sort of thing in books that she really shouldn't have been reading but no one at the Library ever seemed to stop her or ask what she was doing so read she did.

6SMi1qDG.png

Where there was a tense air the spirit felt everything sort of shift. It was something rather  He was not sure what occurred, apart from the blue blur that came and went with the wind. Reaching up he would smooth down his mane and look over toward the door. The others seemed to be going in one by one to offer their greetings or congratulations. Discord sat there, ears pricked and watching. They all seemed invested in the outcome, but being on the outside, looking in, he was not sure what it was he was witnessing. Where did foals come from and what real good were they aside from spawning more ponies? Sure they were imaginative and engaging, but once they were adults, somehow, they lost this sort of vitality and brightness. She wasn't sure if he should be excited, disgusted, or curious. This was not a situation he had ever experienced. 

Heh ad never seen a foal so small and would likely never. He started to feel self conscious on the matter. He knew one paw wiggled and one claw clenched. He had parts that would make most adults shiver and cower. Teeth as sharp as knives and draconic features that made the bravest pony hesitate. Though his feelings swirled with uncertainly, this made his expression lock up with annoyance. His head cocked and turned away.

"Such a fuss over a newborn." He tried to hold onto his pride as a harbinger of chaos. "Honestly, isn't this quite a normal occurrence?" Granny Smith eyed him at his comment.

He had already given away his dignity. There wasn't any pony going around honoring him or uplifting him with the respect deserving of the chaotic spirit. There were not cults praising his name or even individuals that spoke kindly of him. Though it was to be expected after the things he has done. Even changing his ways didn't seem at all enough. He was part of Ponyville and yet, somehow, still far apart from everything that went on. He highly doubted he would be allowed through that door. He would just leave his gift, which certainly paled in the face of the Element of Generosity's payload. He looked up at the pile before vanishing. He reappeared and set it down on top, but he hesitated. He did not know wether to tempt the fierce granny or head on with his day, not that it consisted more than a nap on a hill somewhere. He had only come for the curiosity. He lied to himself. Apple Bloom was making a ruckus and he wanted to see. So he premised himself to believe. What was he even doing here? He'd just make it cry.

"What's with the lollygaggin' ya big galloot? Hurry up, can't leave 'em waiting all day can ye?" Granny Smith heckled him.

His folded his ears down, strongly considering his ability to leave them waiting all day. Stopping time was always an option. He looked to the gift in his paw and claw. So small compared to the size of either. The nervousness of rejection ate away at him. Sure it was a new foal to play with and teach all the messy games with and how to not eat pancakes... He appeared at the door, nose in the air.

"Oh fine, fine. I suppose it is polite to directly present them with a congratulatory gift face to face." He tried to justify it.

"Mmhmm..." Granny eyed him. "Git in there before I kick the lot'a ya out. She'll need 'er rest soon." The old pony assured.

Now he had no choice in the matter. He despised being stuck between his formalities and the disastrous possibility of being viewed as some slothful deviant! He was slothful, no question! But he was no deviant! He waited til the others had their moment to enter. Waddling in with his uneven gait the spirit turned his gaze away, ears pinned back as if he were being forced to partake! There was a clear uneasiness radiating off him, but it was probably best not to point it out or he'd never learn to be honest with himself. His chest fur was fluffed out as he tried to all but hide behind the coat like a turtle. Looking up he would furrow his brows, staring at the newborn.

It was at that moment he felt his heart jump. Those  ruby colored eyes would widen and glisten with an untold awe. He had never seen anything quite so small and untouched by the injustices of society and its mind-controlling schoolyard lessons of law and order! His ears perked up, body floating off the ground without his realizing. "Oh!" He sputtered and floated over to offer the gift. "Something...a surprise." He caught his flubbering. He couldn't help but stare. 

That, came from Applejack and Dash? It seemed far too peaceful.

Inside the box was a small token. On the token was carved the word "Appreciation", but knowing Discord it was likely something a bit more to it. He wasn't sure what to say to the others. Rarity was more or less spared from his weirdness for now, still a bit taken aback by the 'gift'. The other Apples seemed more given to the foal so he just held his thoughts in a tony pocket until they formed into a proper thought bubble.

Moments after Rainbow Dash burst into the room, Fluttershy entered, knees shaking, and looking quite windblown.  She'd managed to lasso the speedy pegasus alright, but actually CONTROLLING her was more of a challenge.  The best Fluttershy had been able to do was vaguely steer Rainbow toward Sweet Apple Acres, then hang on for dear life.  Thankfully it was enough.  "Oh (pant) thank (pant) Celestia!" she gasped out.  "We (wheeze) made it!"  

However, the yellow pegasus' exhaustion soon gave way to excitement.  "Oh my gosh!  The foal is here!"  She began quickly buzzing around the room, hugging Rarity and Discord, as well as the assembled Apple family members.  She then leaned in to give Applejack a gentle nuzzle, before grabbing Rainbow Dash from behind to hug and to look over her shoulder at the new foal.  "Aww, isn't he cute!!" she cooed.  She squeezed Rainbow tightly, saying "I am so happy for you!

Archived