Official Discussion Thread - S07E07 Parental Glideance

sE4jGIH.png

In this episode, Rainbow Dash's parents discover she's a Wonderbolt and start showing up at every event to cheer her on. However, their unbridled enthusiasm embarrasses Rainbow and pushes her to the brink. . The episode aired Saturday 11:30 AM EST on May 20th!!

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk.:!:

This is probably my second favorite episode of the season so far...

Spoiler

1. Poor Derpy! She was once a great flyer, but as her eyes got worse, her flying skills followed. :P

2. Alright. Does Scootaloo have parents who don't give an flank about her? Or does she not have any parents at all?  She has a reason for needing a 'big sister'.

3. Rainbow's mom is incredibly cute.

4. Her parents remind me of my own, who would make sure to embarrass me it public events as well. Shame they never got to wear any Tacobob Head Hats. Hmmm.

Spoiler

I have to admit, this episode was fun from start to finish.  Rainbow's parents are just as 'over the top' as she is!  This story had just the right blend of comedy and drama, it was a pleasure to watch!  The ending was a surprise, a very wonderful surprise!  Definitely one of the better episodes so far this season! 

Nice episode, but I feel like scootaloo was a little too harsh on Rainbowdash. I mean as she says she never had supportive parents, but I'm sure even she could've seen Rainbowdash's parents were being a bit too much especially with how they almost shot Rainbowdash and that white haired pegasus, i forgot her name, with a fire work.

Yeah they were the ones to encourage her and helped her become awesome and they are tryingto be supportive but there is a limit and a thing called overbearing. Granted Rainbow shouldnt have yelled at her parents the way she did she really could've handled that in a more mature fashion, but scootaloo was being a bit blind to the whole thing out of the bias of never having supportive parents.

And I'm gonna go out on a whim and say Scootaloo has neglectful probably emotionally abusive parents. This show has handled adult topics in the past. 

My head-cannon has always been that Scoots is not an orphan, but she has two very hard working parents who have very little time to spend with her.  So she latches onto Rainbow for support...

On a side note, the guy who wrote this episode (Josh Hamilton) also wrote for Voltron (netflix series) and both Avatar:The Last Airbender and The Legend Of Korra.

• Bellosh pinned this topic
  • Bellosh unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This episode flew under my pony radar for a while -- I'm still stuck in the middle of last season. But, I needed to see this one when I saw it on my recorded list like, yesterday.

It brought me to tears. Really, really great episode. There was nothing I would change about it. RD's parents were a bit of a surprise, but it made everything up to now (with Rainbow and her personality as well as success) make sense. As a fan of the Rainbow Pony I think this episode was a great showcase of her, her family, and Scootaloo as the young pegasus in her shadow.

I guess good writing for this series still exists. I feel that spark!

8 hours ago, Rosewind said:

I guess good writing for this series still exists. I feel that spark!

Just wait till you watch 'The Perfect Pear'. 

Actually most of the season has been pretty good so far..There have been a couple of stinkers, but so far, it's been fun.

Archived