A Prince and His Guard (ATTN: Icestorm)

PyroBlaze

Ishi was pacing around his office, trying to get some work done while he waited for his guard to finish preparing for the trip. He was pretty excited for it, really. He hadn't been able to take a vacation for a while with all the work he had piled up, and he hoped this could be a chance for them both to relax. Now that he thought about it though, maybe he should've been more specific than she should pack for a trip...

Oh well, it was probably fine. She was a smart mare, after all. After a few more minutes of pacing, he sighed, plopping down at his desk and resting his head in his hooves. Shibō, curious as to what the problem was, moved over and nuzzled his side. 

"Hey, Shibō! That tickles!" He laughed, pushing on the golem to get him to stop. "I'm fine, buddy. Just a little too excited to focus on work right now."

~~~Niradaña~~~

A vacation. Niradaña had heard of these things before and remembered back to when her family used to go on them before she had gotten taken away for training. After that though, the word Vacation had almost become a myth to her. It was training, training, and more training with the occassional breaks for eating and sleep. Ever since the night that she got her cutie mark and her friend was almost killed she had lost most of her sense of the word fun. She had associated the word with dangerous. Whe  she heard Ishi say that they were planning on taking a relaxed, her first instinct was to remain in her armor throughout the entire duration of the trip. He would probably frown at that though. He didn't specifically tell her not to, but she was smart enough to know that a vacation was meant to be laid back. That did not however, keep her from packing her armor. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

That said, Niradaña wasn't entirely sure where they were going. That was a slight problem in both what else she should pack and what she should be expecting. She couldn't base  out and plan for possible threats of an area if she had no prior knowledge of the area that they were going to. Perhaps that was part of Ishi's intention. Still the mare seemed relatively stoic in her expression, packing essentials that a mare would need, and then her armor. Enough to fit in a single suitcase. When she moved from her room to the office where Ishi was, she immediately noted that him and his golem were having an interaction. She had found herself to be fond of the construct that she came to learn as Shibō. He was quite energitc and playful, sometimes too much so. He would constantly serve as a very minor distraction for her, but only when she was within the confines of the residence. A small smile spread across her usually steadfast face. "I am ready to leave whenever you are, Ishi-sama," she spoke out to him.

"Ah, Nira-san! Always nice to see you smile." Ishi said, smiling back as he looked over at her. He stood after a moment, heading over to her while Shibō retrieved his bags. 

"Are you looking forward to this?" He asked, patting her shoulder for a moment. He was, he could say that much. He walked out the door with her, waving to his co-workers as they headed out of the building. "I suppose I should let you know where we're going, huh? Well, I thought a trip to a resort could do us both some good. Relaxing in some hot springs, getting some massages, stuff like that."

~~~Niradaña~~~

Nira watched and listened as Ishi gave her smile a quick compliment. Ishi was one of the only ones that gave her those type of compliments. Then again, she didn't have too many interactions with other ponies outside of those she'd sworn to defend, and other bodyguards of the family. Once and a while though, she would go for long walks through some of the royal gardens or find herself in a quiet park. Occassionaly she would partake in conversation with some of the ponies that passed through, but she was more of a mare that prefered serenity having grown up and trained for action her entire life. She would often use this time to meditate and let her mind expand to encompass the energies around her. She may not be able to use her magic on herself, but that didn't mean she couldn't focus on what was around her. Her ability to sense the energies is what allowed her to sense threats well before they came into the picture. An aggressive pony had a different type of energy flowing from them than on that was calm and passive.

When she heard Ishi ask if she was looking forward to the vacation, she took a deep breath. "More like apprehensive. The last time I took a vacation, I was a filly. I nearly lost my best friend at the time. Though in a way, I did... I have not seen her since that night," she told him. When he explained that they were going to a resort, enjoying hot springs and massages, she nodded. "That does sound.... nice... I can't really say that I've every experienced such things myself," she responded.

"Well... That is a very fair response, all things considered." Ishi sighed, having forgotten about that incident in her past momentarily. "I know you don't like fireworks, for very valid reasons, so I tried to think of somewhere we could go where we wouldn't have to worry about them. I'm sure you'll enjoy the resort though, I know I did the last time I was there."

Ishi smiled at her again, trying to get off the topic of her friend. He walked with her towards their transportation, letting her get on first once their bags had been taken care of. 

~~~Niradaña~~~

Nira nodded, thankful that Ishi didn't want to push the subject anymore. She already lead towards being more of a quiet mare herself, but she steeled herself whenever that topic came up. Granted, she had been the one to bring it up in this instance, but the effect was the same. The smile that she had faded a bit before she heard Ishi mention that he was sure that she would enjoy the resort, and that he had the last time that he was there.

As they made their way to their transportation, she was a bit surprised that he let her board first, since she was supposed to be next to the door in case something went wrong, but he was the prince, so she didn't question it. "I appreciate that," she said in response to him picking a location that was more relaxed. For the most part she would have to wait and see what the resort had in store for them when they got there. She took her seat in the carriage and waited for him to enter as well so that they may be on their way. She wasn't really sure though what would be an appropriate point of conversation to pass the time.

• 2 weeks later...

"Of course, of course." Ishi smiled a bit as he took his seat in the carriage and closed the door behind him. Soon enough, they were off, and he was just as lost as her when it came to a topic of conversation. He really should try to find something they had in common aside from a desire to see him unharmed... 

"So, how have things been going in your personal life? If you don't mind me asking, of course, I don't want to intrude." He said after a little bit in an attempt to break the silence. He wasn't too sure how effective that would be, but he supposed only time would tell. 

~~~Niradaña~~~

To start off with, there wasn't much in the way of conversation. Mostly because she was unsure if shye was supposed to start the conversation or if she was supposed to wait. She had always been used to being formal, and professional. This vacation was completely new to her and wasn't something that she was quite expecting. To be honest, she didn't know what she should be expecting at this point. Still though, it did feel kind of nice to be able to be around ponies for a bit and not have to constantly be on watch for somepony that might be making a scene. Naturally though, her keen senses would pick up on anything that would be a problem if it were to arise.

When she heard Ishi ask about her personal life and how they had been going, she shrugged. "To be honest, not very much. When I'm not guarding you, I tend to be in the gardens clearing my mind. There's a few nights that I'll head out with Sanda and we enjoy a few sights, but for the most part I just prefer peace and serenity. Nothing overly extravegant, but it works for me," she said with a very slight smile.

Archived