Official Discussion Thread - S07E17 To Change a Changeling

full.png

Reformed Characters Team Is A Go!

Another week which means another episode full of the adorable ponies we all know and love! As well as full of the bug ponies that, well, all of us know, and some of us love. We also see the return of our reformed unicorn couplebesties, Glim Glam and Best Unicorn! What new adventure does our redeemed magical equine duet have this time, and what does it have to do with Thorax?  Tune in to find out! The episode aired Saturday 11:30 AM EST on September 2nd!!

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. As the episode has already been widely aired, there is no need to bother with spoiler tags, just chat away! :blush:

I like that they didn't force the new changeling to have the same bright colors as all he rest of them. He got to keep his approximate color scheme that he felt was more intimidating, which reflects his desire to fight. 

Also he looks like an edgy red and black oc but he kinda is anyway

Spoiler

Well, overall, this episode was quite good, it honestly had a 'weird feel' to it.  Ok, in the end, Starlight's plan to get Thorax's brother to reform DID succeed, but it sure took the 'tourist route' to get there.  On top of that, Thorax was quite upset (and rightly so) that she put the entire Hive at risk in her plan.  Add to that the anger his brother felt when he overheard Starlight's declaration that he was a 'lost cause' and that adds up to a 'mixed' ending for this episode.  Although I give the writers high marks for originality (and the fact this ep didn't have a 'formula' ending), the overall story just didn't feel totally right.  I'll rate this episode a degree or two above average, but not by much. 

I enjoyed this one. This is not an episode I'm going to watch more than once, but still fun.

Spoiler

Lots of updated world-building for the upgraded Changelings. Interesting to see that the changeling's love-draining abilities also drained live force like in the comics. You would see a changeling reduce a pony to skin and bones. Something you'd probably never see in the toon. Changelings also eat food..Bugs...yeck. I wonder if  there are female/male changelings? There was talk of kids..Was hoping to see Chrysalis...Guess they're saving her for something major.

Archived