Can different types of ponies have babies together?

MyLittlePonyTales

I was thinking that if a Unicorn and a Pegasus had a baby, they could potentially give birth to a unisus. So I was wondering if different types of ponies (Earth, Unicorn, Pegasus) could have babies together. I mean, anatomically, there doesn't seem to be a problem. But is that something that's a taboo in pony society?

yes they can, use princess celestia as an example as she has both wings and a horn, if a pony has some DNA of a pegasus or unicorn it may pop up later on through the generations even if the parents are earth ponies, as an example you could use pound cake and pumpkin cake whose parents are both earth ponies. dont see that it would be considered a taboo. :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once wrote a Fluttermac fan-fiction where they had foals, so I just gave em' wings because Fluttershy is a pegasus and Big Mac is an earth pony. I mean honestly, how unfair if you didn't have wings.

But then I think earth ponies would totally just stop existing, which would suck.

I'm not sure. Maybe its a heredity thing? I'd say that Pegasi and Unicorns might have a Dominant genetic gene, and Earth ponies Recessive. Maybe vice versa. But things in the world of MLP seem pretty evened out, so it sure is a confusing business.

I think for the main three pony types, interbreeding is possible and the child has a 50/50 chance of being either of the parent's type. So, an Earth and Unicorn cross would result in 50% Earth and 50% Unicorn. A Pegasus and Pegasus would be 100% Pegasus.

I get what your saying! :) that also might be why Alicorn's are so rare!

I don't know about actually having babies being a taboo, but obviously romances between pony types isn't uncommon. We see Cadance help rekindle the love of an earth pony and pegasus. And of course, in my favorite episode, Hearts and Hooves Day, we see several mixed couples in the background during the CMC's "Perfect Stallion" song.

I would think that it's possible. The proof positive comes simply fromt he fact that Mrs. Cake, an earth pony, gave birth to both a pegasus and a uniocorn. I would think that other mixes are possible. However, I'm pretty sure that any cross-breeding results in arouind a 50-50 chance of each foal coming out as one or the other.

I don't know about actually having babies being a taboo, but obviously romances between pony types isn't uncommon. We see Cadance help rekindle the love of an earth pony and pegasus. And of course, in my favorite episode, Hearts and Hooves Day, we see several mixed couples in the background during the CMC's "Perfect Stallion" song.

I would think that it's possible. The proof positive comes simply fromt he fact that Mrs. Cake, an earth pony, gave birth to both a pegasus and a uniocorn. I would think that other mixes are possible. However, I'm pretty sure that any cross-breeding results in arouind a 50-50 chance of each foal coming out as one or the other.

The OP was made before any of those episodes aired. Baby Cakes pretty obviously answered the question. ;)