Good day everypony.

AustralAnima

Morning, evening or whatever it is when ya read this, my name is AustralAnima! I also go by Cyclone Black.

I'm not exactly sure what one is supposed to write about in these introduction thingies... I guess I'll just go with how I was introduced to MLP - FiM.

I was on vacation with my family this summer and my brother approached me saying he had My Little Pony on his USB storage device. I was obviously very... Surprised, and I thought at first that he was joking with me. I put the storage device into my laptop and saw all the episodes pop up on my screen, and I quickly adopted a distasteful expression. He told me that the show was actually good, and showed me a youtube video titled "I, Brony" where some guy explained how he was introduced to the show. My brother and I didn't get time to watch the videos that vacation, but when I got home I was intrigued by the fact that something with the trademark "My Little Pony" was actually good, and I started watching it. At first I wasn't sure what to think. The animation was good and the voice acting much better then other cartoons I've seen around, but the fact that the show was aimed at little girls was constantly on my mind; that being until I watched the third episode. In two days I had watched all of them, and needing more of it I went onto youtube and found some impression videos and reviews. I found TheOtakuAscended's review of the series and this lead me to watching their Lets Watch series where they commentate over all the episodes. Eeyup, that means I watched the whole series over again right after having finished it.

I knew that several people liked FiM, but I had no idea at the time about how big the community actually was. When I first saw Equestria Daily after having been directed to it by TheOtakuAscended's videos, I was amazed to see how many pageviews it had and how active the community was, which made me like it even more. Heck, I even began reading a few fics, something which I have never done with anything else before. Actually, I've never liked fanfics at all! I even began writing down some ideas for my own.

Being a show aimed at little girls, it is obvious that many people, especially males, would find it difficult to even begin watching it. Even worse, it had to deal with the reputation of My Little Pony. Even with all this, the show pulled through and won over thousands of fans. This miraculous feat makes me love the show even more, and I think it is a show to be celebrated.

Now to finished the rambling up, as this thing have dragged on for far to long. You've got an insight into how I got introduced to FiM and the community, and I'll save you the trouble of reading my life story as well.

Hi!

How did you hear about Canterlot?

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

You'll need to make at least 3 posts anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the board.

A good place to meet Bronies is in the Chat.

Welcome to Canterlot!

Welcome, welcome! The ponies in IRC already gave you the run-down, so I'll spare you the reiteration on the boards. For quick reference of RP rules and tips you can go to the Getting Started subforum. Any more in depth questions can be answered by me or any of the other staffers. Feel free to contact us via PM or on IRC.

Again, welcome to Canterlot!

EDIT: Ninja'd by Tales.

Thank you. I have already read the rules and even made myself a character.

To answer your question; I was introduced to Canterlot through the Bronyville podcast.

Really? :!:

Mind giving me a link to the exact location?

A link to the location of my character? viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2718&p=34900#p34900 Here it is. I was thinking of editing it slightly, but the character is pretty much completely finished.

Thank you. I have already read the rules and even made myself a character.

To answer your question; I was introduced to Canterlot through the Bronyville podcast.

Really? :!:

Mind giving me a link to the exact location?

A link to the location of my character? viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2718&p=34900#p34900 Here it is. I was thinking of editing it slightly, but the character is pretty much completely finished.

:P Actually I meant the podcast. Neat character though!

Welcome to Canterlot! Be sure to stop by Getting Started for a whole saddlebag full of goodies and useful information, including free avatars and templates! We hope you enjoy your stay and have a great time!

I always thought 'aimed at little girls' was kind of a lame reason to immediately dislike something, considering there are so many cross-gender shows out there that are liked for so many various reasons. Faust herself said she intended this to be watched not just by little girls, but by their families who're watching with them. Once upon a time in the 80's, perhaps it was one thing to 'slot' shows as only for boys or only for girls, but these days with entertainment being as ambiguous as it is, it's time to put that old categorization to rest. I mean, sure there are definitely shows that are intended for target audiences, but one should never dismiss a show just because of the immediately apparent audience...after all, there are plenty of shows that got surprising followings (Transformers was oddly, big in the female demographic as well for some reason I'll never understand). So it's refreshing to have a show that isn't necessarily glued to female stereotypes (I mean, GEEZE, some of those cartoons in the 80's and 90's were -HORRIBLE-) and I've always loved equines, myself. :P