Frictionless Foolery (Jello Slide!)

Dubstep

Now this was exciting! A whole holiday dedicated to pranks, silliness, bizarre ideas, and just downright absurdity? Sometimes Discord went overboard with this sort of thing, but so far everything seemed just right! He even let Spike be in charge of one of the attractions! It took all morning to set up and a few wheelbarrow loads full of jello, but it was finally ready!

Not far from Sugarcube Corner — what better place to put it really — sat a massive, spiraling, looping, multicoloured slide. At the end of this gargantuan ride was a pool full of different kinds of jello...somehow managing not to mix together. Thanks Discord! No one wanted to dive into nasty looking brown jello...Well did anypony really want to dive into jello to begin with was the question? Maybe not at just a 'Hey! Come and dive into jello!'...Well Pinkie might. But for the average pony there was probably that nagging bit at the back of their head saying 'Nnnnno'. But this wild jello slide had a twist! It seemed like everything here had a twist. Sitting beneath the serenely jiggling surface of the sweet depths were tokens! Tokens of various shapes and sizes to be turned in for various tricks and prizes!

Thanks to some help from Starlight, a good handful of the tokens in the pool were enchanted to do something fun or silly once obtained and removed from their sticky prison. Others could be turned in for a prize or snack or things like that. Riding the slide was free, but each pony was limited to one prize or prank per period of time...Which usually depended on how cool or how weird it was.

Dressed up in a little technicolor jacket and swirly top hat, Spike sat eagerly at the booth, waiting and hoping that somepony would be intrigued enough to take a dive...And if not well hey, at least he'd have a snack later.

brZgh4c.png?1

Two school-aged ponies slowly made their way towards the slide. “Holy Socks!”, a little brown Pegasus colt exclaimed, “When did they put that up?”

oedrVXf.png?1

His companion, who was a little blue Pegasus filly shrugged her fuzzy shoulders, “No idea. It was probably created by magic...Considering how crazy-go-nuts it is, I’m guessing Discord.”, she glanced up to see the top of the slide, “Looks like fun. But I’m not digging the gelatin. What flavor is brown?" She finally noticed Spike and his booth as her friend took a better look at the nasty stuff. "Maybe it's coffee flavored?" He dared not touch the stuff, but was relived that it was not yet covered in hoof-prints.

The filly, Spike may have known as 'Wind Walker' was the first to greet the dragon. "Hey Spike...What's actually the deal here? I like the idea of the slide..But that stuff at the end. Not a fan."

"Oh! Hey there! This? It's a jello slide! Discord suggested some fun rides and I kinda made a joke about something like this, whiiich he thought was perfect..What's wrong with it though?" He asked as he hopped up from his seat to look over at the pool of multi-coloured treats. The jiggling mass was still quite colourful as ever. The baby dragon shrugged and sat back down. "Anyway, it's sort of like a ride and a game in one! You ride through the slide, and grab one of the tokens that's floating around in the jello. Some of them have magic effects, and others you can trade in for a prize. The jello's totally safe too. I mixed it up myself!" Spike proudly pulled out a tray of various jello ups from behind the booth and sat them on the table.

"Oh, and I should mention that it's free to play. And any magic that happens will ware off at the end of the festival."

(Hehe, might have been a misread there, but the jello indeed isn't actually mixed into a nasty brown X3)

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom hadn't thought much of the so-called holiday when it had started up. Applejack wasn't a fan of all this tomfoolery and the Apples as a whole just wanted it to pass by without much incident. Apple Bloom couldn't help herself. Enough ponies had been excited about it that she had to allow herself to at least head out into town and see what was up. Granny Smith had tried her darndest to keep her inside but she knew a few ways out that Granny Smith...well, couldn't simply outrun her to. And so she was out and about, investigating the town on this strange, strange day.

What caught her pretty quick was a scene outside of Sugarcube Corner. She wasn't sure when or how but this super fun looking slide had been set up. Spike seemed to e running it- heck, that alone was a bit of fresh air. Ponies weren't quite sure what the little fella had in mind a lot of the times but he always seemed to her to be a creative sort. And this slide was..pretty dang cool! All sorts of loops and turns, ending in a big thing of jello. Now that looked pretty delicious! She hadn't eaten much so far so the idea of landing in and having some jello sounded good. Maybe it wasn't the heathiest option but she was an Earth pony. She could afford to look for the delicious, not nutritious, in her life.

“Howdy there, Spike!” Apple Bloom said as she trotted up, eyeing up the slide pretty hungrily. “Whats going on with this contraption y'all got up an' goin' here? How tha heck did ya set it all up?” She asked with a laugh. “No offense Spike but Ah doubt y'all set it up all by yerself. How does this whole thing work?”

A giant slide. With Jello. That was definitely not something you saw everyday. While Echo was not participating in the scavenger hunt due to certain overlooked health hazards (Certain conditions she did not agree with), she did want to participate in at least some kind of event. This looked relatively harmless, within her control of course. While diving into a pool of Jello and inevitably eating such didn't sound healthy at all, if Discord had anything to do with it then it wouldn't be just any sort of jello. When she walked over to the end of the slide, she could see the tokens in the Jello occasionally glimmering as if they were trying to attract her, or they were just reflecting light, both equally as valid given the situation. 

When she looked over, she saw three other foals there alongside Spike. This must have been fairly recent if there was only the Five of them there. She slowly walked over to them occasionally glancing over her shoulder to look back at the jello. Quite mesmerising it was. "Hey Spike, what is the deal with this? A pool of Jello at the end of a slide with tokens in it? It does not sound heel-thee at all," She asked managing to only mess up one word.

y4vLcjk.png?1

When the two other young ponies entered the scene, Wind Walker had been in the process of coaching a little brown colt up a rather long flight of stairs. “You can do it Fast Track! Not like we’re Pegasus ponies and have been up much higher before without a ladder. Just get up there before a line starts to form.”, she turned her attention back to Spike and noticed two kids were getting line with her. “Oh hey there Apple Bloom.” And after she made sure the other pony could see her mouth, she added, “And Echo!”

“If Mister Spike T. Dragon doesn’t mind, I’ll tell you what this is.”, the gabby little filly waved at the slide. “Big freaking slide.”, and then at a pool the slide deposited its riders into. “Pool filled with gelatin. And inside the goopy mess is some random magical whozits that you can snatch. These do something random. And magic. You can get only one.", she smiled as her friend disappeared into the slide.

"Discord made the slide, and Mister dragon here made the gelatin...hope it's not the sugar-free kind, eh?", she grinned at Spike before her attention went to the slide.

A loud scream could be heard as the colt traveled rather swiftly down the slide and in a mere moment, the poor kid landed snout-first into the instant desert mix with a loud

SFnMRfJ.png

"Oh dear.", Wind quickly pulled out a long stick and prodded the colt. "Hey Fastie..You still alive?"

The colt turned his head and shook off the gooey substance. A small token landed near his hooves. "Guess this is my prize.....So how does it work?", the colt looked to the dragon for advice as his friend took her chances on the ladder.

Spoiler

OOC: Just a side note, due to Discord's crazy magic, the slide-ride is different for each rider.

Perking up, Spike waved as Apple Bloom and Echo approached the booth, today was already looking like it'll be a busy day! That's great! "Hey there Apple Bloom, Echo, I-" before Spike could go into explaining the 'contraption', Wind Walker cut him off and gave the short and sweet of as her friend made his way up into the ride. "Got it in one! Discord sat the ride up, I made the jello, and Starlight magicked up some of the tokens in there! But it's not that you can only get one, only one will come out per ride, the first one you touch. You can play until you get bored!" when the dragon heard the tell tale scream of excitement, he quickly reached under the booth and pulled out an umbrella JUST in time! The few chunks that splashed out bouncing harmlessly off the umbrella and back to the pool.

"And nope! I made sure to get the sweetened kind. Sugar-free jello? I'd never hear the end of it!" popping the umbrella closed, Spike slid it back under the booth and withdrew a book in its place before hopping up to take a looksee at the token. Flipping through the pages of the sizable book he stopped and read over the entry. "Oh! Cool! Alright hang on just a second." Spike dug around into the pocket of his jacket and pulled out a pair of dice. Shaking them in his paws, he rolled them where they landed right next to the token.

Landing on [+] and [8] the dice and the token both began to glow a soft violet. The token itself floated up and gently bonked Fast Track on the forehead before it plunked back into the jiggly abyss. The same violet glow swirled around the colt before a poof! of smoke and magic surrounded him. When it cleared, where once was a colt was now handsome young adult. "Tadah!" Spike said with a flourishing motion as he closed the book. Behind the gathering of ponies (and one dragon), the slide shifted its shape into a new set up, waiting its next rider. "Pretty cool huh?"

xXT6y4I.png

“Thank goodness!”, the little filly bounced up a little as she shouted. “That sugar-free stuff is nasty. When I used to attend this private school in Canterlot, they would sometimes serve this yucky sugar-free green...Puffy fluff? What was it Fastie?”

The colt slowly got onto his hooves, “I believe it was called 'Fluffy Puff Translucent Dessert Related Substance'. I don't think they could legally refer to it was an gelatin.", he quickly shuck off more of the goo as he spoke. "My Gran had a box of the stuff in her pantry. and I remember being rather creeped about by the mascot..He..."  The colt was cut off as he was hit by the token. The noise it made sounded eerily similar to a squeaky dog toy.

After the quick POOF off smoke, an much older Fast Track emerged. "Holy Socks!", the stallion yelped. The formally little brown colt's squeaky prepubescent voice was now replaced by the tough tone of an stallion. "Wow! I need to find a mirror! And then see what I can do with this!", he glanced down at his rather impressive figure, "I guess the future me must have shoveled a lot of coal cause I'm built like an Novocherkassk 4E5K!" He struck an pose he believed muscle-ponies would strike. It almost appeared that he was in a mid-slip and mid-sneeze.

While used to silly Discord magic, the filly was rather startled to see her old friend..Older... she turned to Spike, "This..is temporary, right? Fast Track still needs to finish elementary school and I don't believe that big beefy body of his would fit on his 'Choo-Choo-Charlie Choo-Choo-Train Bed'".

This caused the stallion to let out an "Hey!" and his young adult cheeks to turn a slight shade of crimson knowing that two girls and one dragon now knew he slept on a train bed. "I'm going to go out and strut my stuff. Maybe impress some of the cute Ponyville gals like Miss Fluttershy or Lady Rarity...Or maybe both.", he paused to flex, probably impressing nopony.

"No..No on all of that..", she waved her front legs as she turned to the others, "Please make him stay here until I'm done with my ride...If he moves, you can breath fire on him.", she smiled at the dragon, "Or you can talk to him. Maybe something farm related or you can ask him who his favorite train-guy is..", she winked at the little farmer, "Cause ahm goin' t' raahd this slaahd now! Yee-Haw!", she raised an imaginary cow-pony hat before she started the long climb up the slide.

The ride was rather intense, blowing away anything she experienced even in the big water-parks. There were drops, tunnels, loop-de-loops and even one where she was pretty sure she was under the ocean...Magic special effects? Before she could even figure out what was going on, she landed in the pool with an rather loud

nW8nLqa.png

"Ok Spike..Hit me with the magic stuff.", she gave a token she had found a quick 'boop'.

"It would not be the same if it was sugar free. I mean, it would be heel-thier, but it might as well not exist," She commented at the fact that the gelatin was definitely not sugar free. She wasn't really paying attention to the interaction between the two other pegasi until she noticed Fast Track change into a full sized stallion. At that point she gaped in amazement at the effects of the magic, but deep down she wasn't entirely surprised because she knew of the source. It was kind of concerning to see somepony suddenly got older. Unlike most foals, she did not aspire to get much older at all, the idea of having more responsibilites did not feel right to her at all. "It should be temporary, being an adult means you have to have more responz-a-bil-a-tees. Why would somepony want more?" She explained before cringing at the colts flexing. She did not know who he was trying to impress, no one here at this moment was an adult. 

"There is no way I am letting him out of our sight. I don't think any of the mares are interested in random stal-ee-ons stumbling upon them. Besides, we have to keep him for ourselves. When I say ourselves, I mean you Windwalker," She joked as she watched Wind Walker climb to the top of the slide. She could not hear the filly screaming through the slide, assuming she was, but she bet it was a fun ride. "I am not waiting any longer," She said as the ride changed it's formation. 

As soon as the formation changed, she started the long journey to the top. Once she got to the top, she looked down through the entrance of the slide. It looked pretty normal, but you cant ruin the surprise before they get in right? Taking no moment to pause any longer, she slipped down the slide, submitting her self control to the forces of chaos. She slipped through many different areas, one of which being a disco area that would have had more meaning if she had hearing. Before she knew it, it felt like she teleported right into the pool, there was very little splash. She climbed out of the pool.  "That was... surprising. Might be better on the next go." She stared at the token that she was holding in her wing. "This better be worth it."

Spike snickered at Fast Track's reaction. There were two kinds of reactions he expected, that being one of them. The other being a panicked freak out about how 'old' they were now. Kids were weird, he thought as though he had any room to talk. "Pssst. I wouldn't tell if you decided to sneak off. It's not like I could stop you anyway." the dragon whispered to Fast Track in a hushed tone while Wind Walker took her magical mystery ride. "After all, today's a day for mischief and foolin." whether or not Fast Track decided to sneak off, Wind Walker's ride was coming to an end if the sound of the filly's excited cries growing closer was any indication.

Zipping back over to the booth, Spike grabbed his umbrella just in time to protect himself and the tome of trickery as he was going to now call it "One magic hitting coming up!...Er, not literally. Lemme see what this one dooooes." wetting a claw Spike began flipping through the pages. Nope, nope, not that one....Aha! Spike had to hold back a snort. Oh this one was way to fitting. "Snrrk...Alright then....heh....Giddyup." as soon as Spike said the command word, Wind Walker's token began to glow a rustic brown before floating up much like Fast Track's did, bonking her gently in the forehead before plinking back into the pool. With a sudden puff of magic around the filly, she'd soon find herself dressed up as the rootinest tootinest high falootinest cowpony this side of Appleloosa. Complete with a big ol' hat and an oddly glowing lasso. "Yee-haw huh?" Spike said in between his fits of giggles.

Spoiler

Lasso of truth! Those snared by it are compelled to tell the truth to questions asked! If lassoed, roll a d10, if it lands on anything but a 10, you've gotta tell the truth!

All the while that was going Echo had made her own way up the slide. Thankfully when her ride came to the end, there wasn't a huge jellosplosion, cus Spike was too busy giggling to defend himself! After a moment he finally was able to compose himself to flip through the book again to find the entry for the pegasus' token. "Oh, now that's...interesting." Spike reached into his coat and pulled out a tiny trumpet to play a brief snippet of a royal procession music. The token floated up gracefully and BINK! Bonked Echo's forehead before floating back into the pool. At first nothing seemed to happen, save for a little bump on the filly's forehead...which soon sparked and grew into a full fledged horn, leaving her well...an alicorn, basically!

By Celestia she didn't think that Discord would have made a slide for Spike to be in charge of. Seemed kinda weird, but not in a bad way- Spike was a fun, reliable sort and Discord was a creative type. Combine the two and you could get yourself some real good times. Apple Bloom wasn't entirely certain whether or not it could be entirely safe but she was sure that Spike wouldn't allow them to get hurt. She looked at the first colt who decided to give it a ride. She didn't know Fast Track all that well but she did know that pegasi seemed to like themselves some speed. So he was probably having fun.

And then landing in gelatin? Well, consider Apple Bloom somepony who didn't have much of a taste bud trained in the gelatin arts because it all tasted good to her. “Sounds like a blast, Wind Walker. Think Fast's havin' fun?” She asked, catching a glimpse of him as he exited- and hearing his screams while he did so. Well, maybe not all Pegasi had a lot of fun moving fast. All of that became secondary factors moments later. He approached Spike and got his reward- which was being turned into a stallion! Well, that solved whether or not this was worth the trip. It was.

"Don't worry. We'll make sure that he keeps his head firmly in the ground," Apple Bloom said with a titter. Well, it was easy enough. He was so busy flexing and struttin' that she doubted he could rightly say no to a bit of showing off. "Hey, don't you be headin' on off now. Y'all ain't even half as strong as Big Mac. Do somethin' all strong like," she said, hoping to get him focused on something in the era as first Wind Walker and then Echo took their turns. The ride changed each time and it looked like a hoot- or as Fast Track might have said in opposition, a holler- but it was soon that they were free and clear.

And then came their magical transformations. Wind Walker became a rootin' tootin' cowpony, complete with lasso. "Well now thar ya go, that's a big 'ol improvement. Maybe y'all can learn ta ride a bull an' compete in a rodeo. Celestia knows Applejack is worried 'bout letting me do it! That's one fancy lasso y'all got, too," Apple Bloom asked, inspecting it briefly. Then Echo's transformation burst hit, attracting attention all its own. She became an alicorn? Uhhh. Okay, well, she didn't know why she was shocked. Of course that could happen. The magic was wild. "Well how-dy thar, Princess Echo," Apple Bloom said, then laughed. "Hey, make sure ta tell Fast Track ta stay put an' you-" she turned back to Fast Track, "-have ta do what a Princess says ta do, right? Ah gotta go and get in that slide. It looks fun!"

And with that Apple Bloom took her turn in the slide. She took a running start and jumped in, giggling and yelling excitedly as she did so. There were loops and twirls, de-materializations and drops, then sudden and unexplainable rises and falls. Finally she was sent shooting into the gelatin. She swam-chewed her way through it until she found herself some sorta token, which she held in her mouth as she pulled herself out and started trotting to Spike. "Goht Mihne!" she mumbled through it before realizing it was still in her mouth, letting it go. "Oops, sorry about that- but here ya go!"

“Yeah, you might have more responsibilities.”, the stallion was very keen on hearing his voice, “But you also get plenty of freedom! You can go anywhere!”, he trotted around the slide, “No more asking mom if you need to do something!”, he could not help but feel the rush as his stronger, matured legs permitted him to run faster. Thankfully, he made sure the filly could see him speak.

He stopped to watch what became of his old friend..

The now cow-filly was pleased by her gift, “Ahm a actual cowpony!”, she let out another loud YEE-HA! as she let loose her golden lasso. Normally since she lacked any sort of rodeo training, the rope would have simply dropped by her hooves, but not this lasso! It was magic! The enchanted rope found its way around the stallion’s midsection. “Hey howdy hey!”, she yelped, “Do ya like maah new look?”

The magic of the lasso COMPELLED Fast Track to tell the honest truth.

“Seriously?”, The brown Pegasus pony was not impressed, “I get to become an adult, and it looks like..”, he glanced over at the transformed Echo, “Your friend over there is now a...wow.”, he gasped, “An Alicorn! You just ended up with a terrible cowboy accent and a cheap bit-store cow-pony costume. As for the real cow-pony...Who knows what Apple Bloom will turn into?”, an devilish grin that would make ol’ Inkbrand blush creeped onto his face, “I hope she becomes an adult. Wouldn’t mind another kiss from her if she’s my age...Maybe even one with tong....”

AHHH!”, the filly closed her eyes as she shouted over her friend, “Why yah tellin' mah this?”

“it’s that rope you have. It compels me to tell the truth.”, the stallion stated without emotion.

“So ifin' ah ask ya a question ya 'ave ta tell me thuh honest truth?”, the filly asked back.

“Yep.”, Fast Track responded. This caused the cow-filly to grin a most evilest of grins. Oh, what questions she could ask him! What secrets she would learn! But something started to form in her cow-pony-brain. She could not use her gift to be mean. She was going to be an officer of the R.E.A someday! Still, she could use the magic for a bit of fun! Just harmless fun instead of the rude kind. After removing the lasso from her friend, she quickly leapt onto his back. “Yee-Ha!”, she once again yelped, “Giddy up Fast Track!”

“No.”, the stallion was not some common steed, “I will most certainly not!”, he growled.

“Oh, puh-lease. For mah.”, the cow-filly gave him a serious case of puppy-dog eyes.

Fast Track rolled his eyes up, “FINE.”, he growled, “Just hold on!”, after he made sure no-pony or any other creature was near, he got onto his back legs and let out an loud neighing sound and started into a run....Once again, around the slide as he wanted to see what became of Apple Bloom.

Before she got her own effect, Echo looked over to see WindWalker's effect. She seemed to have gotten the short end of the stick at first glance, but she thought there might be more to it deep down. But she didn't get to make much of a comment on it before she got hit by her own effect. The token impacted her head leaving what appeared to be a bruise that over time got bigger before forming into a very suspicious shape. The shape of a horn, one a unicorn would have. "Wait what?" She reached up to touch the horn, it was indeed there, but was it a real horn? Was she really an Alicorn? An Alicorn had Earth pony and unicorn magic too, did she gain either of those things? Her hearing was still gone, she was thankful for that, she didn't want to experience a new sense at this moment. "Am I really an Alicorn? Do I have all the magic?" She asked to no one in particular. "Or is it, just... there." Did she have royal social power? She looked like an Alicorn, that had to be enough.

Zipporwhill was too busy spending time at the pet centre to really notice the scavenger hunt when it started, but when she decided it was time to stop spoiling all the animals, she decided to leave and see what was going on around the town. Her dog, Ripley, was besides her instinctively leading her to the park as they did every afternoon. Their journey was interrupted by a large structure up ahead that wasn't there the day before. It appeared to resemble a large slide, but it was at the level of nothing she thought was possible. Wait, hold on, was that part there before? She swore it just changed shape. She would have to go check it out.

When she got there, she saw a group of three foals, one dragon and a stallion. She recognised four of them, but not the last one. WindWalker she knew existed, but she didn't know personally, she was wearing a weird costume for some reason. Apple Bloom was there too, but the other two crusaders weren't with her. She had a token besides her, but otherwise looked the same. Spike was there, everypony knew the one dragon and assistant to the Princess that had been in town for a while. Echo was there too, but she seemed different. ZipporWhill remembered her being a pegasus. Wait, she definitely was a pegasus. Wait, is Echo what she thinks she is? She looked down at Ripley who was confused as well. 

"This wasn't here before, what's happening here?" She asked butting her way into the group. 

"For the whole day, you really are an alicorn! Magic and all! I don't uh...I don't think there's any like. Actual royal power attached with it though?" Spike relayed to Echo before he started flipping through the book to figure out what Applebloom's token would be. While he was thumbing past all the myriad tokens, Fast Track and Wind Walker had decided to go on a lap around the pool. Lucky for them the poolside wasn't slippery or they'd both end up taking a second dunk! "Oh, cool! You actually get a prize-prize, hang on." Spike scurried over to the booth and sat the book down to dig through a box of odds and ends now.

Meanwhile another potential player arrived. "Oh, hey Zipporwhill, it's part of the Festival of Fools celebration." the dragon said, peeking out of the deep box with a little wave before diving back in, continuing his explanation all the while. "This slide is a game that I'm in charge of that Discord and Starlight helped me set up! You ride the slide, get a token, win a prize!" he waved a paw over towards the lapping Fast Track and Wind Walker, as well as 'Princess' Echo. "Some of them are magic changes that last for the festival, but others...aha!" Spike hopped back from the box holding a sizable looking golden apple with a little window in the side. "Are actual prizes!" with a smile he wandered back over to Applebloom and presented her prize. "Here you go! One Magic Eight-pple Ball...Doesn't really roll off the tongue, huh? For the duration of the festival, True or False questions you ask it will come true."

Spike was rather pleased how well things were going here so far! Twilight would be totally proud! The dragon turned his attention back to Zipporwhill "The slide changes itself each time somepony rides it, and I should mention it's absolutely free and your dog can ride too if they want." Spike hopped back up onto his seat by the booth. "There's a limit of one token per-ride though, but no real limit to how many times you can ride. You just have to make sure everyone gets a chance to ride too is all."

qpqhByv.png

Big Mac had finally repaired the fence broken by Discord's dinosaur and made his way to the slide. He had helped build it, hence why he was still about. He was tasked with up keeping the structured the spirit set up including the stands for the banners that would mark shops as participating.

He would greet Spike with a wave of his hoof, pausing when he took note of all the participants. Well course this was a ride foals would find more becoming. While Mac had his temptations he was far too big for sliding of any sort. His size and strength did have disadvantages after all. Perking his ears he'd turn his gaze towards the tokens below. That was quite a mess of them. He didn't much touch them lest get caught up in all this mess.

He wore the bracelet himself to negate the effects. He couldn't help build or.repair things if he was weak, in any case. He wasn't too into the day like other ponies were, but that didn't mean he wasn't. He did to startle a few ponies by throwing his voice. They were rightly surprised by his gift for ventriloquism.

“Uhhh…?” Now what was going on here? Was that an alicorn?!

Goodness though. He was right tempted to skaddle on that slide.

• 1 month later...

Apple Bloom excitedly looked at her prize. A Magic Eight-pple? Well, talk about one heck of a prize! She had lots of questions she wanted answered, a lot of yesses and noses that were gonna help her learn a lot. She looked at it briefly and then shook it all good and hard, sitting on her haunches. “Is mah name Apple Bloom?” She asked, just trying to set the baseline. It might have been a magical crazy event but you never knew with magic how much was real and how much was illusion. She was satisfied with the answer. “Am Ah an Earth pony?” She asked. Once again, pleased with the answer.
“Am Ah a unicorn?” She asked and then sprouted a horn. Well, talk about being truth in advertising! She didn't much like the horn. “Ah'm just a regular Earth pony, right?” She asked, the horn vanishing.
She nodded. It seemed accurate. She looked around, a small blush on her face, leaning in and whispering. “Do Ah like a Neighpon Prince? Does he like me?” She asked. Then tittered and covered the Magic Eight-apple up.
“Well, it seems ta work just fine, Spike. Thanks for it! Ah'm gonna be real busy with it!” She said as she got up and started racing off. There was treats to be had, free ones, and lots of toys, and family to hang out with, not to mention a Neighponese Prince who shared a crush on her to randomly show up for her enjoyment.
What a good, wholesome gift!

"Hey Apple Bloom I should mention that the more you..." and she was gone. Spike sighed. He was going to say the more she used it, the more it had a chance of playfully twisting those truths or sometimes flipping them around. The little dragon shrugged, she was a smart filly right? She'd not abuse a magical toy for her own potential gain! Speaking of upstanding responsible apples. "Hey Big Mac! Glad you could finally swing by!" Spike waved happily, beckoning the stallion over. "The slide's been a hit so far, Discord really got a great holiday going here."

Looking around at all the festivities, it was pretty obvious that ponies were having a great time doing...well, most everything! Spike was sure that this would show the draconequus that he was a welcome part of Ponyville...He just hoped the success wouldn't go to his head...or influence the next Oubliettes and Ogres game. Actually scratch that last one, that would be loads of fun! "Speaking of the slide, how about you give it a try? Could end up being something really neat!"

"I'm kind of glad there's no royal power attached to this, even if it's all temporary, I don't want to mess up the system," Echo commented on the social standard that was attached to her magic. She could use unicorn magic now, but she didn't seem to have gained any skill. Oh well, that would probably be a good thing, she didn't want to get addicted. Since she was an Alicorn now then she would be stronger too wouldn't she? "Hey, can somepony bring me something heavy to lift? I need to test my Earth Magic."

Zipporwhill looked at the slide. "Oh, nothing bad could come out of this right? I mean, I can't change too drastically otherwise some of the animals wouldn't recognise me," she commented before she turned to Ripley. "Are you coming too?"

Ripley barked a sign of negativity towards the idea of his participation. "Alright then," She replied as she placed her glasses on Ripley's head. Ripley blinked as he saw his vision distort but didn't react much aside. She climbed up to the top of the slide watching the slide distort itself giving some clear example to what might be going on, but no insight to the interior. She probably guessed that she was going to come out the other side with at least one magical animal trailing behind her. 

When she came out the bottom of the slide, she misjudged the slide. It was better than she thought it was going to be. She didn't comment much on the experience of the slide itself as she knew the others wouldn't be able to experience it. Ripley was glad to see that she was alright and walked over with the glasses still on his head, stumbling off course once or twice. "Ok, how does this work?" She asked as she returned the glasses to her face. 

Wind Walker watched as Apple Bloom received her gift. It looked like an ‘Magic 8 Ball', but instead it was an apple variation of it!

"Sweet Hearth's Warnin' Eve, does everythin' 'ave ta be an apple with that fuh-amily?", she asked her trusty steed who only shook his head, "Punk Walker 'as one ah'those theyer an it dudn really work well."

At first it couldn't be any lamer of a gift, but this one was special!

"Oh great.", the stallion groaned, "You got a dumb rope and I basically just skipped puberty....The others got powers beyond the realms of mortal ponies.!" it also dawned on him that he could be using his gift for not good, or evil, but for awesome! He could be slapping his bullies around! He could see an R-Rated movie! He could try a beer!" after depositing his friend on the nearest patch of grass, the temporary adult cantered off into the sunset.

With Cow-Pony Wind Walker alone, the small bumpkin slowly moseyed off  while she sang an jaunty country song, "Love is a burnin' thang.... An it makes a fiery rin'. Bringin' me thuh wild hankering.... Ah done fell into a rin' awf fuhre... Ah done fell into into thuh burnin' rin'...."

(Exit Fast Track and Wind Walker)

Archived