[Ponyville] A Simple Wagon [Open to All who Want to RP]

Bronies For Life

You could say its simple. You could say that its elaborate. Either way, it was a wagon. A wagon full of water and trinkets, with the water glowing. This sight was the sight seen by anypony who was walking around Town Square at High Noon.

Aqua Marine collapsed. She had just dragged this thing, with some help from her horn, All the way from Manehattan. You could say she was tired, but you would be underestimating how much wear and tear it took on the poor pony. She looked absolutely ragged; As if she was ambushed by a pack of Diamond Dogs. All she wanted to do was find an inn, and sleep until Celestia stopped raising the sun. But she had to drum up some business.

"Aagh... 3 hours and 4 sales... Not my finest day." Aqua Marine mumbled as pony after pony walked by her little stand. A few of them commented on how much it reminded them of somepony named 'Trixie' and her wagon. Aqua herself had never heard of her, and from what she heard about her, she didn't want too. Apparently, she was a big showoff; someone who thinks that she's the center of Equestria. A few hours later, she had sold 3 more Opal Necklaces, 10 Shell Bracelets, and 1 Sapphire. Overall, it was a poor day. But she had to stay until the moon was at its highest, or the sign on her wagon would be a lie. Aqua cheered herself up with a simple thought; "Heh... Maybe ill get a few new friends?"

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dusty did love this town; close to no pony knew him and that just helped him. It was so hard to lie to everyone that knew what you have done in the past… “Eh? What do we got ‘er?†a wagon full of trinkets and if it has that it has to have bits good for him to take off, he walked over to it with grin. “Howdy stranger! Day’s falling fast why ya hanging out er all alone?†Dusty looks the wagon over and gags on seeing the water “take half de sea with ya in de’s thing? Er, what ya salling?†he had to warm her up and win her trust, get that he can get a shot at the bits.

((don't jump the gun he is not to bad. but do tell me waht I need to fix! can't help my English if I don't work on it.))

"Howdy Stranger! Days falling fast, why ya hanging out er all alone?" She saw him look up and gag at the water. "Take half de sea with ya in de's thing? Er, what ya selling?" "Oh, nothin much. just some trinkets. Gotta drum up money for my parents." Whoever this was, he was uncannily like some of the people she met in Manehattan. But she had been taught not to judge by first sight, so she was willing to give him a chance...

((Put a comma after fast. Otherwise, nothing that isn't part of the accent.))

"Y'all ma and pa? Oh..." That hit home for him "Ah know what da'ts like. Ah have to do some hard things for my ma and pa, being form de Roughrider Ridge ah know how hard things can get." Dusty had to work out if she needed the bits or not, he never takes form a pony that needs it. Take form the rich and give to his self, but never take form some one that needs it. "Never got to close to da't sea. Can't swim and came close to dieing in a lake, after that all water makes me feel sick." he holds up a few trinkets with his magic "Hope nothing be living the shells."

((ahh grammar, how I love to hate it. Thinks!))

Aqua listened intently. "You see, I was born right near the ocean. Been swimmin since I was a lil foal. Been told im really good at it, too. Either way, im the only thing keepin my parents from having to spend the night in a cardboard box." she sighed. "But it seems my trinkets just arent selling as well as usual... Oh, and nothing living in those. I make sure of it."

Dusty bit his lip "Ah have lived like da't must my life..." he digs in to his saddle bag and pulls out a vary nice gold necklace "What can ah get for this? ah think trad is good?" he looks over more of the trinkets over as his hat moves and out form under it a snake moves out on to his nose "OH! Say Howdy to Calamity he is my pet he don't bite... all the time." Dusty sinkers, he can't take some bits form her, she needs them but he was not past takeing a few trinkets off her for free.

She sighed. Was he really trying to trade a gold necklace here? "Sir, If I traded with you for that, you would have my entire stock. If you have my entire stock, how am I supposed to give atleast a few of them off to the poor? So I have to deny your offer. Oh, and nice snake." Aqua sighs. Was he going to buy something with bits, or not?

"Oh?" he moves so she can't see some of the wagon "Ah just want two or three, but ah want you to have this. my pa well kill me for giving up some goods like this but ya need it ah have all the bits ah ever need." this was the truth but he was not leaving with two or three trinkets, more like whatever he can fit in his bag before takeing off. "But if ya must take bits..." he pulls out his bit bag and dumps some out "ah well take de big shell and the spiky Necklace" For a pony this dirty and cut up he had more cash on hoof then must ever one in Ponyville.

Aqua was a bit suspicious. He looked and sounded poor and roughed up, yet he had a bit bag full to bursting. And considering that others only had enough to get through a day on them... She adjusted her seat so she could see all of her stock, took the bits, and gave him a Hermit Shell and a Broken Opal. "Thank yeh." Aqua, on the outside, remained cool and collected. On the inside, she was freaking out. Was this man a thief? would he take her wagon and run? So many questions. From this point forward, she decided, she would keep her eyes on his hooves at all times. "Um sir? could you please make sure I can see your hooves? Store policy, to prevent thiefs."

(Cool! Thanks for the invite :P )

The Skybright twins were enjoying themselves after a quick weather assignment sent them to Ponyville for the day, their second visit to Ponyville that week.

They were taking the time to get to know the place better and spotted a travelling wagon.

Shanna bounced on her hooves "Oh! Lets go see, Hoss! Maybe it's that Mojo salespony! I want some of his wares for my room!"

The bay pegasus stallion chuckled "All right sis, lets go look..."

Shanna folded her wings and trotted up to the wagon "oh! Jewelry!"

Hoss trotted up as well, after giving the strange stallion already there a quick look over. something about his demeanor put him on guard. He didnt mention it to Shanna as she would probably say its just because it's another stallion...

Hoss looked at the unicorn proprietress "Oh wow! Cool water display! Did this all come from the ocean?"Shanna smiled "Oh my, these are beautiful. Did you collect these yourself?"

Hoss put forth a freindly demeanor but still kept a weather eye on the others...

Aqua turned her head from the suspicious other pony to greet the two newcomers. "Welcome, Welcome! All the water comes from the ocean, as do the shells, opals and sapphires!" Aqua took the moment to use her horn, creating a light blue glow around the water. "I just give it a little tug, and its as light as a feather! Oh, and yes, these are all hand-collected, made, and distributed by me!"

((ah, sorry for takeing so long on this! life gets in the way :sleep: ))

Dustys pet snake starts rattling it's tail (how fitting for a rattlesnake) as the two new pony's move in "Shhh, no need to be doing that Calamity, and OK miss but ah got to say it's hard keeping my self up like this" rearing up on his back legs did nothing to make him look more friendly, just showing of how huge he is "Howdy y'all, names Dusty. Dusty hooves, hope y'all don't care for me being here ah well not get in the way" He was liking this, two new pray? And she was getting on to him. This was looking more and more fun, finely a challenging fitting a pony that had 5,000 bits on his head one time.

Shanna now ulped and backed up a step away from the huge unicorn, flaring her wings wide and arching her back like a cat, exposing her under-wing carry pouch for a moment. "Celestia! I thought that was a decoration! Is... is it... uh, she safe?!"

Hoss also ulped, seeing how huge the stallion was upright and placed himself between the snake and his sister, muttering "Luna protect me..."

If there was trouble as he was worried over, he hoped the surprising strength packed into pegasus wings from long distance flying would give him an edge.

Seeing how few ponies were about, Hoss determined right then they would not leave while they were the only ponies close, well, untill he could see the petite unicorn would be fine anyway. "Hey, Shan, we have nothing better to do for awhile yet, so we might as well hang out here and learn more about the sea.."

He nodded an introduction to both unicorns in turn "I'm Star Skybright, or Hoss to my friends."

The matching mare put some of her attention back on Aqua in relief as well as on Dusty, still a little shaken by the rattler as she dropped her back's arch to normal. "And I am Shanna Skybright, We do a lot of traveling ourselves for the Weather Patrol and the Royal Canterlot Observatory, but rarely as far as the seas. Farthest we have been on our own so far has been out to Appleoosa and toward Rockwington."

Aqua remembered Appleoosa fondly, as she had made her best sales there. "Well hello there, Star and Shanna! My names Aqua. Aqua Marine. I do hope you enjoy the display that im about to perform. I do this every 30 minutes, you see, to attract customers." On that note, the top of the wagon erupted. Water spewed out in a high column, soaking anyone who wasn't near the table. After 1 minute, the water collapsed back into the wagon. Aqua, making sure not to waste anything, used her horn to gather up all the water that fell to the ground into a big ball, and then threw it in with the rest. Aqua smirked. "Whaddaya think of that?"

"display? wh-" Dusty falls on his back kicking away form the wagon his bags falling off and oping toseing bits, gold and all forms of jewelry all over as he yells like a foal seeing a monster "OHNIGHTMAREMOONSAVEME!" he covers his head crying until the water stops and he finely gets back up shaking, he looked like a big foal that just got done crying for some thing. "T-That... wa-wa-was.... C-C-ool..." he picks his snake back up toseing it on his head and his hat, after that he looks at all the gold and jewelry that came out of his bags "Um... ah... AH SELL JEWLRY! hehe yes!" he moves fast as he can to get it all back in his bags; hoping he did not fail this hard as to blow his cover THIS fast.

"I guess I know how to keep you from thieving, huh-" Aqua caught herself. "T-That is if you ARE a thief! Heh..." Aqua had hid an Opal Necklace, each perfectly round, with a circular pendant at the end. Inside of it was the largest sapphire Aqua had ever found. She scanned over the jewelry dropped, hoping that its hiding place was not found... That is, until Dusty put all of it back into his bag.

The twins looked up as the water erupted, entranced as the water rained down behind them, stepping closer to the table as the water splashed and laughing like foals.

They suddenly turned in surprise, watching the huge stallion freak out, bits and valuables falling out of his opening saddlebags. Both twins shared a worried look as he called upon Nightmare Moon. Hoss knew between that and the scattered jewels, there would be no problem convincing his sis to watch her step with this one.

The display finally ended and the twins clopped their hooves happily as the water returned to the tank.

Shanna and Hoss put their heads together and whispered, then turned back to Aqua. Shanna smiled as she noted the unicorn watching what Dusty put in his bags with a wary eye. "If you dont mind telling us what it's like at the sea shore, We will want to buy some things for myself, and one of those sapphire necklaces in that display for our mother.

Is this gentlecolt ahead of us though?"

Hoss gamely pretended he had not seen the breakdown and took a moment to look around to see if the display brought other ponies * the more the merrier...* he thought.

He tossed his tail eagerly, waiting to ask if she can explain surfboards...

Aqua looked back, and smiled. So you want to know how the sea is, eh? Salty air, endless looking body of water, and sand. Lots and lots of sand. One of my friends almost starved when he refused to break a promise to count it all! Aqua laughed heartily, even if it was a bit of an inside joke. "And no; I don't understand why he's standing about when he's already bought 2 things. So you can go ahead first." Aqua's face contorted into a confused expression, and then into a exclaimed one. "Oh! I forgot to put up the sign!" Aqua walked into the non-watered part of the wagon, and pulled out a small sign. It read; Swimming/Surfing Lessons. 2 Bits. "THAT explains why ive been getting less sales today."Aqua pulled out a Sapphire Necklace. "You know, I find other jewels on my walks along the beaches, too. I just... Prefer the Sapphires. Either way, there mined naturally by erosion, and are as smooth as a newborn foal's bottom!" Aqua set down the necklace on the table. "What else are ya buyin?"

"Swimming Lessons? now hold on ya can learn da't? cuss eh, ah can't swim. at all." Dusty pulls out a big bag of gold and just tosses it at her not caring that it says 2 bits, in his head to even get close to water was scary to help others do it? Well to him that was worth a bag of gold. And not like it was his gold. "How do ya do that? cuss if ah have to jump in to de' lake ah can't do it." he tosses a look over to the twins, it was not the must friendly look ever. If he wanted to run off with some thing they can't be looking, next time she blows the water he well make his move and be gone before she even stops.

Aqua looked at the bag of gold. And back at Dusty. "Its simple; I make a shallow lil pool, small enough that it would be hard to drown in it. Its a long stretch, though. Anyways, while on land, I teach ya a simple paddle. To swim, you have to repeat that paddle, and make it to the end without walking in the water. Once you can do that repeatedly, I give ya a little pond to swim in. The objective there is to make 3 laps. If successful, you have learned how to swim. If unsuccessful, I give you a few more stretches in the line." Aqua smiled.

Shanna neighed happily as the sapphire floated over to the counter. "Oh! Mother will love this! I also would like that opal necklace for myself and sea shell braclets for both forelegs, please." as she brought out a bag of bits from her pouch.

Hoss was counting out his half of the bits to buy the sapphire, then he gave a joyful bounce as he read the new sign. "All right! Surfing lessons!"

(ooc: I wonder if any of the Cutie Mark Crusader players will show up in this thread now? :) )

Shanna gasped as the huge stallion tossed an entire bag of bits down for a lesson "Oh my! He sure is brave facing down a fear like that, Hoss."

She backed up a step seeing the hostile glare leveled at them both. "Even if he is scary..."

Hoss' determination to keep near the wagon increased as he and his sister set down their bits for their purchases. Now even Shanna seemed to share his concern of this strange unicorn. He waited until Dusty was busy with the water before putting the purchases in his saddlebag and asked Shanna to keep an eye on Dusty too.

Hoss smiled to Aqua drop "I would love to learn how to ride a surf board! Would you need to wait until you are done with him though?"

He hoped if he was forced to wait, that would just give him sufficient high ground to launch from easier in case of trouble.

"oh? no no,, y'all go before me! ah can hold back for now." even just knowing how to keep his head out of the water is worth all the gold he had on hoof but if she is busy with them he has some free to time see what he wants to take from her wagon, and get his gold back. No need to wast it. "And you two are looking me over? ah'm no spy if you think that. Just a half breed train puller making his way in life." he tosses on his best happy look, no need to have them think bad of him.

Aqua grabbed an Opal Necklace and two Shell Bracelets. "Sapphires a gift from me; Its just not like me to charge for gifts to ones parents." Aqua glared sideways at the strange pony. "That is, if there not already rich as can be, like this fella right here. Oh yes! Surfing lessons! I use the same little stretch of water I use for swimming, but I give ya a surfboard. I teach yeh a paddle, and a way to stay balanced. I then use my powers to create a stationary wave. If you stay balanced, then I see no reason why you couldn't on the real thing, and so I take the buyer to a lake, give em the surfboard, and create another wave there. This one I make move. If there successful, then they just learned how to surf. If not, I give em as many tries until they get it as they like."

Shanna shared a look with her brother, then waved a hoof disarmingly at Dusty, putting on her best "Innocent" smile. "Oh, we dont think you are a spy. Well, you are the biggest stallion I have ever seen, and you are acting in ways that would grab anypony's attention, flashing all those valuables even by accident. Oh, and so brave, fighting' one's fear like that..." :halo:

She turned to Aqua Drop as she refused payment for the sapphire. "Oh thank you! We must at least do something for you..."

Hoss neighed happily as he put the extra coinage back in his pouch. "Yes, how about we take you to dinner later? My.. uh, Our treat."

He turned to Dusty "If you are sure... I guess you need some more time to get your nerve. All right, I'm ready Miss Aqua Drop."

He tapped his hoof to make sure Shanna was alert when he got his lesson.