(Completed) Leaving the Hospital.

Ashton

daring_do_by_skie_vinyl_d7r9jrs-250t.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTI0OCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2RjYTFjYTFmLTQ2MjYtNDk0Yi1hNDQ1LWZkOWM4YTdhNjcwY1wvZDdyOWpycy00NmM5NjM4Ni1iZDEwLTQ0YzktODllZi00NjgwN2Q2YzkxYWUucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.JTzspULikN7BZgdKfZTmYiGpf-7PH0HK9OjzwgED-qU

"Daring Do"

It was a cool afternoon at the ponyville foals hospital, outside everything was quiet, inside there seemed to be the usual level of activity, except for one of the common rooms where a large group of sick foals were gathered, some even sitting in the doorway when there wasn't any more room inside!

"...and so, as the sun set, Daring do flew off into the sunset, knowing equestria was safe... at least for now" and with that the mare shut the book

The foals cheered, clapped, or made whatever happy sounds they cool

Sitting the the common room of the ponyville hospital was a large group of foals, all of whome were being treated there, and reading to them was a pale brown pegasus with a dark mane mane and compass-rose cutiemark, wearing a green 'adventurers vest' and a safari hat

"Now, everyone thank miss Daring Do for coming by and reading to us" said one of the nurses

"Thank you Miss Daring Do!" chimed all the foals

"awww, it's nothin' I'll do it again some time soon" smiled the pegasus

"When I grow up, I wanna be just like you!" said one foal

'Daring Do' Laughed "you might be setting your hopes a little high, kid, there's not a lot of call for adventurers anymore, but hey, I tell you, there's this really awesome pegasus named Rainbow Dash, why don't you aspire to be like her?"

"Okay!" grinned the foal

"Well, I gotta dash, those temples aren't going to explore themselves" said the pegaus

They all waved goodbye as the mare had a word with the doctors and nurses then headed out the doors to the lobby, carrying the book she'd been reading from.

((For those confused what's going on, lets play WHO'S THAT pokemon PONY?! (Flash animation))

Edited by Ashton
Changed tag to "completed"
  • Like 2

Blazing Thunder was living up to his name right now, blazing across the sky towards the Ponyville. He was many things, and a speed-junkie was definitely one of them when he could indulge. At this rate, he’d be way early for his little meeting, but he was enjoying himself way too much to consider slowing down. The Wonderbolt was in his show uniform as he flew, his special necklace safe underneath the surface. 

As he flew, he folded his wings to his sides and blew straight through a cloud, leaving as small a tunnel as possible, whereas the next one blew apart completely as he tried to make it as large as possible. He laughed loudly before seeing the hospital come into view, as well as a pegasus mare leaving the building. She looked just like Daring Do, but it was most likely just a well-done costume. Either way, he sped over to her and landed nearby, giving her a wink. He was way early, he had plenty of time to get to know this mare. 

“Hey there, Daring. Have any cool adventures recently? I’m sure a pretty mare like you has all sorts of stories to tell.” He said, starting to make his way over. “Name’s Blazing Thunder, but you can call me whatever you want.”

(

)

((I'm going to assume by "show uniform" you mean the blue and yellow flightsuits and not the dress uniform with the more 'fancy' jacket and hat))

The mare looked up, noticing first that it was a fellow wonderbolt, wondering if her too-helpful 'little sister' had been blabbing again and she was about to get ribbed for her community service. But it was clear that this bolt didn't recognize her... and to be fair she didn't actually recognize him, though the name sounded vaguely familiar, he was probably one of the new graduates from the academy or perhaps a reserve member - if she had seen him out of his flightsuit she might have recognized him but given how the uniforms were so obscuring it was hard to tell, more than once she'd mistaken one bolt for another from the lower ranks she almost never practiced with.

Of course the fact he didn't recognize her did also mean she could have some fun with him

"Hey there" she said "I dont see many wonderbolts out this way, you guys on some top-secret mission?" she asked, channeling just a tiny hint of the fangirl-ism she used to have for the wonderbolts before she joined (and in a way still had despite being a bolt herself now) "And yeah, I could tell you lots of awesome adventures, I was just over at the hospital, reading to the foals about one of my favorite of them" she said, nodding at the book under he wing

((oh I already know where this is going to go... this is going to be fun *rubs paws together in anticipation*))

(Yeah, the flight suits)

”Kinda, though not really.” He shrugged nonchalantly, starting to look her over. She really was a dead-ringer for Daring. At least from the pictures she was. “These suits are not really all that stealthy. Nah, I’m here to meet a fan, couldn’t say no to the little guy. Besides, there wasn’t really anything better to do today, which means I can stick around longer than planned. I guess till he’s had enough.” He shrugged again, looking over at the building momentarily. 

“It’ll probably be a while before they’re ready for me... Anything you want to know?” He asked as he looked back, smirking a bit at her. 

Dash found herself smiling "Awww, that's cool of you, taking time to meet your fans. You must be a big deal in the wonderbolts" she said "Any... interesting tidbits you can tell me? I work with foals a lot, they'd love any cool 'little secrets' that they've not heard from any of the official books" 

The funny part was in her mind, Rainbow was first genuine with her comment, though within a few seconds of it coming out her muzzle, her brain did a 180 on her 'hey wait! Home come HE has fans here?! I've lived here for years, where are all my adoring fans??' though some voice in the back of her head was yelling at her for thinking this way since, (1) she had the most dedicated 'fan' that anyone -wonderbolt or otherwise- could ever want... perhaps a little _too_ dedicated... and (2) she didn't NEED wonderbolt fans here, the whole town loved her and had loved her for years - not because she was a bolt, but because she was Rainbow Dash.

...of course these thoughts barely got any time on the stage in dash's proverbial theater of the mind giver her ADHD, but they tried! Hopefully they'd get an encore performance after her ego got over being bruised...

“I like to think so, and clearly so does he.” He chuckled, slicking his hair back proudly. “May not be that many of them, but I’ll take what I can get. No accounting for taste, as they say. As for tidbits, sure, I got those.” The pegasus winked, leaning in for a conspiratorial whisper. 

“Y’know, my suit is pretty special, has to accommodate for my more special abilities.” He winked, touching a hoof to the necklace before vanishing in a flash of light. In his place was a similar-looking mare, who then winked again before backing up and stretching a bit. “Wish it’d adjust a little faster though, especially going the other way. Gets pretty snug in places.” 

Dash's jaw jung slack for several moments before she regained her composure "did NOT see that one coming, you got me good" she said "the bolts must be proud to have you, you can get a quick surge of strength and speed any time you need it" it was clear that at first Dash was jealous because not only was that, as she said, a nice little boost to shift into a stallion, but it would be awesome for pranks too! but then a moment later things caught up to her "...oh... I bet that's awkward for your boyfriend though isn't it?" she asked with the tiniest hint of a smirk... yes it was wrong to laugh at others problems... yes every single one of her friends would tell her off for it... but this was too much, and it was all she could not not to burst out laughing at the thoughts...

She managed to calm down a bit though and smiled again "I'm sure there's way more to you than the little 'turn into a stallion' trick, though. Can you show me some of those awesome wonderbolt moves?" she asked, again channeling her inner fangirl to sound really excited... oh yeah, if thunder got to pull one over on her with the little gender flip, the dash was going to get even....

“Spose it might be, if I had one. But nope, free as a bird right now. It’s pretty nice for surprises, some tricks too.” She shrugged, smirking back at the other mare. “You could always change that. I appreciate ponies of any gender.” She added with a wink before the request for showing off some moves came through. 

She nodded before taking off, going into a bit of a one-pony show as she showed off her skills to the pony, and anyone else who may be watching, she wasn’t picky who she showed off for. 

Dash laughed a little "sorry, no offence but I dont really have time for a relationship" she smiled

After the mare finished Dash walked over to a bush and pulled out a pair of saddlebags bearing a lightning bolt, placing the book inside "Thats pretty cool" she said "I bet your pretty fast too" she said as she flew up to thunder "lets have some fun, why dont you show me your top speed while I try to keep up" she suggested, her pink eyes sparkling... though it wasn't clear if this was admiration... or mischief...

“Thanks. Glad to know you enjoyed it. And sure, a race is always fun.” She smiled, raising an eyebrow at the sight of the saddlebags, but not really thinking much of it. Once the other mare was ready, she stretched a bit in mid-air before getting a launching start off the nearest cloud and shooting off in a random direction. She wasn’t quite at top speed yet, but it certainly sped up the process. 

Dash grinned as she leapt skyward, at first seeming like she was having trouble keeping up, but then she threw the hammer down, catching up, then blasting past Thunder. As she did, a cone of air began to build up around her hooves, then with a flash of energy it turned rainbow, then with just a push more....

Image result for sonic rainboom

The explosion sent Dahs's hat flying as the energy resonating, turning  the dye in her mane, tail, and fur to a faint cloud of dust, leaving the cerulean mare looping around in her full glory with that magic trail of rainow energy around her

Below all of ponyville looked up at the spectacle and cheared, applauding Dash

The rainbow blur slowly came back in-line with Thunder "Sorry, looks like I win the race" she smirked, her eyes still sparkling with that mischief. Feeling vindicated now after (in her mind) getting pranked by thunder.

Thunder blinked a bit as she blasted past, smirking as it started to become clear who she was dealing with. She slowed to a stop to watch properly, clapping a bit herself as Rainbow came back over. 

“So it was you under there. Thought as much.” She said, trying to play it off like she knew all along. “Nice to properly meet ya, Dash. I see you live up to your reputation.” She added, bumping her with a hoof. 

"Oh suuuuuuure you did" smirked dash "Dont try to trick a trickster" she laughed "but sure, we can have a proper do-over of introductions" she giggled "Cool to meet you Thunder, I'm-"

"The most awesomeest amazing-est fastest-est daredevel...est... supercool pony in all of equestria!" piped up a voice from the ground below

Dash laughed, cupping her hooves to her muzzle "I can handle my own introductions squirt!" she laughed a little more "Just a sec, thunder" she flew down and when she returned there was a little orange pegasus filly riding on dash's back "Thunder, you said were were going to meet your fan, I'd like you to meet my fan"

_vector__scootaloo__2_by_deratrox_darle1x-250t.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjEzNSIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzk4ODNiMjQ0LTI4NjMtNDdlMi1iMTVkLTU0MjdiMzkyZWNhMFwvZGFybGUxeC00M2I1MmZlZC0xZmZlLTQwMDgtODc4Yi04MTU4YWQ0OTc2NzIucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTYwMDEifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.EAjbVb5cxULBsP5hrhLyMdK68V0JQo7jrqBeYjBymnI

Scootaloo

Scootaloo waved enthusiastically, almost slipping off dash's back, but catching herself "Hi! I'm Scootaloo - Dash's #1 fan, and president of the Rainbow Dash Fanclub!" she grinned proudly

Dash smiled "Dont sell yourself short, kid" she said, looking back to thunder "Scoots here is one of the Cutiemark Crusaders, they've helped creatures all across the country from Griffenstone down to Seaquestria find their place in the world - they're kinda famous"

At this, scootaloo did blush a little. It was one thing when she was bragging about it, but it was a completely different experience when sompony else was doing the bragging, but she still nodded enthusiastically

"So, now that we're all friends, this race has made me hungry, why dont we all get a quick lunch before Thunder has to fly off to visit her adoring fans" suggested Dash

Scootaloo giggled "Rainbow, everything makes you hungry!"

Dash laughed "so whatcha say thunder?"

Thunder laughed a bit as he listened to the two go back and forth, nodding to Scootaloo and waving as the filly was introduced. She simply listened until the suggestion of food came up, and she heard her tummy growl. 

“Mmm, I could use a bite to eat. I haven’t had anything since leaving Cloudsdale today, so I’m definitely up for grabbing a bite.” She smiled, chuckling a bit. “Lead the way. You live here, after all.”

Dash smiled "I might know a place..."

Scootaloo rolled her eyes "yeah, you know a place allright" she giggled

"What?" asked dash "you like it too"

"Yeah, but you go there so often you dont even have to order anymore" she smirked "funny how much your always eating there"

Dash laughed awkwardly "I... have... no idea.. what your talking about" she said, though the awkward grin betrayed her

Scootaloo snickered

Dash though just sped off, though making sure to keep her pace slow enough that Thunder could keep up, no doubt she didn't want to reveal whatever this little secret was....

Thunder raised an eyebrow at their little exchange, smirking a bit. Well, if it’s somewhere Rainbow went to often enough for that, she must really like it. In any case, Thunder trusted her judgement, especially since she didn’t know any places around here to eat. As they set off, Thunder easily kept pace, looking over at Dash. 

“You do know I’m still a Wonderbolt, right? As long as we’re not going at rainboom speeds, pretty sure I can keep up just fine.” She chuckled, but still kept pace. She had no idea where they were going, after all, so she had to let Rainbow lead for now. 

"Yeah... you you do realize we're still in the middle of town and if we blasted through here at top speed we'd make a mess of things and endanger everypony nearby, including ourselves" chided dash

And for that, scootaloo smiled and gave dash a loving squeeze, making the older pegasus smile. Dash knew the meaning of that - Scoots was proud dash had learned not to be reckless in town (something neither of them had a good record with in the past) The funny thing was that scoot's approval meant more to dash than any other authority around - it honestly meant more than the approval of Celes- of Twilight herself!

"Here we go, nice hometown cooking" said Dash as they turned one more corner

The building was marked "Horseshoe Cafe" and it seemed about average maybe a little slower than most restaurants in the area. There didn't really seem to be anything like a unified theme to the place, and even more out of place was that one booth in the back with the rainbow motif... yes she came here so often and sat in the exact same booth that they painted it to match...

“Well duh, I meant we could go far enough up to not mess up stuff down there. Whatever, doesn’t matter.” She shrugged to herself, looking over at the place as it came into sight. “Horseshoe Cafe? Sounds nice.” 

She chuckled as they entered and spotted the rainbow booth. “Your seat, I presume?”

Dash smirked "most awesome seat in the house" as she got close scotoaloo slid off her back and climbed into the booth, sitting next to Dash of course

Almost immediately a waitress came over, offering menus to scootaloo and Thunder and signing as she placed a bottle down in front of Dash "Sorry, hun, you know how it goes this time of year"

Dash sighed "Yeah, I can aways hope, but never get cider it seems" as with just a flick of her hoof the bottlecap spun off and landed on the table upright, displaying the "Blue Luna" logo, the perfection and ease spoke volumes of how often dash had done this, which was no doubt just a little troubling...

The waitress then looked over at the others "what can I get you mares to drink?" she asked "I'm guessing Scootaloo will want a juicebox, but what about you? Haven't seen you around here before" she said, speaking to thunder "Though judging by that flight suit your not going to be wanting anything hard I bet"

Scootaloo nodded, looking over her menu

The place server a wide range of food, from hayburgers to salads to ice cream, typical fare with nothing too extravagant.

Thunder chuckled at Rainbow’s response, taking her own seat as the waitress came over. She simply read the menu, listening to the two’s exchange until the conversation turned to her and caused her to look over at the waitress. 

“Name’s Blazing Thunder. I’m a Wonderbolt. As for drinks, I’ll take a strawberry milkshake.” She said, putting a hoof to her chest during her introduction. 

The waitress smirked "Wonderbolt, eh? Could never have guessed it" she teased "i'll have your drinks out in just a minute - and your usual as soon as it's ready, Rainbow"

Dash nodded, taking another pull on her drink, though contrary to how she did everything else in life, she was taking it slow. No doubt trying to avoid a second or further... she remembered how that always turned out... and the months of nagging and joking about karaoke night...

Scootaloo looked over to thunder "So where are you headed after this? I havn't heard of another pony in ponyville starting a fanclub so you must be going somewhere else"

Dash smirked "yeah - except for _your_ fanclub"

Scootaloo blushed again, even knowing that the fanclub dedicated to her was more of a joke than a serious one, it rally did make her realize that she had accomplished a lot more with her life than she'd ever considered before that day.

Thunder rolled her eyes a bit at the response she got from the waitress, nodding as she headed off to get their drinks. She watched the other two talk again, raising an eyebrow at what she heard. Well, that was certainly interesting, but hey, she probably deserved it. She didn't know Scootaloo's story after all.

"You've got your own fan club? Congrats. I dunno your story, Scootaloo, but I usually find that those with fan clubs deserve them. As for where I'm going after this, I've got my own fan in the hospital that wanted to meet me, so I'm gonna hang out with him and wish him well." She nodded, smiling over at the filly and giving her a wink.

Dash smirked "Yeah, trust me, this filly deserves it, all three of them really do, they do good work and even have helped adults and non-ponies"

Scootaloo still hadn't stopped blushing though she did say "Thanks Dash, We've really come a long way"

Rainbow chortled "that's an understatement, kid" she said, smiling thinking about the scootaloo sh'e met when she first moved to ponyville verses the (mostly) mature and responsible one that sat before her... whether she reflected on her own maturing or not was debatable...

Scoots though managed to calm down and change the focus of the conversation "So your going to the hospital? Did you know Rainbow goes to the hospital every month dressed as daring do and reads to the foals there?" she asked, clearly having not seen any of the events of the day prior to the rainboom itself.

“Heh, yeah, I ran into her on her way out. Pretty cool, donating time like that to those in need. I tend to spend a lot of time helping others back home too.” Thunder smiled, nodding at the two’s words. “I’ll help anyone, if I can. Well, almost anyone, I guess. Some ponies just won’t accept it.”

"Hey, maybe you two can start some kind of group at different hospitals, recruiting ponies to read to the foals dressed up like that! Dash can help, she knows the real daring do!" exclaimed scootaloo

Dash glared at scoots, but sighed "Yeah, I dont like to brag, but... I kinda AM friends with A. K. Yearling" she smiled, not the least bit humble about it "Though I dont know how she'd feal about it, or what she could really add other than a stamp of approval but..." the cerulean mare shrugged

About this time the waitress came back with the two drinks and a large burger and fries for Dash "I'll be back to take your order in just a sec"

The rainbow mare looked at it a moment "maybe I dont eat here enough I forgot the size of the Double Hayburger..." she sighed "I really should have ordered two..."

Scootaloo's hooves went to her face