(Completed) Leaving the Hospital.

Ashton

Thunder hummed to herself as they talked, actually kinda considering putting together a group for something like that. That’d be kinda nice, actually, doing something like that in his down time. She chuckled a bit at Rainbow’s words and Scootaloo’s reaction to them. 

“Hey, being an athlete is hungry work. You need lots of fuel to go as hard as we do.” She chuckled again, nudging Scootaloo. Actually, that burger did look pretty good, maybe she should have that too. 

"So? I"m always running around and I can barely eat a whole filly fun meal" defended scootaloo

Dash nearly choked on her burger, having to take a hard pull on her beer to force it down "Thats because your always snacking on something, everytime I see you NOT blasting through town your eating something"

Scootaloo was quiet

"Hey, I'm not making fun of you, scoots, like Thunder said, it takes a lot of energy to keep going, I just like to eat big meals less often and you like to eat little things more often, just how our bodies work differently" said Dash, trying to comfort the filly

Scootaloo sighed "I guess..."

The waitress came back about now "ok, you two ready to order?"

"I guess" said scoots again

"Aww, are you not sure what to get? Most of the young'uns that come in here really like the Filly Fun Cheese Nuggets" suggested the waitress

"Ok" said Scootaloo

"Alright one filly cheese nuggets meal..., and for you, ma'am?" she asked, turning to thunder

Thunder patted Scootaloo a bit as the two of them spoke about the filly’s eating habits. “Yeah, that’s a valid eating habit too, don’t worry about it.” She said before the waitress showed up again. 

“I’ll have what she’s having. Looks pretty good to me.” She said, pointing to Rainbow’s burger. 

The waitress looked quite suprised but shrugged "ok then, another 'rainbow special'" she said to herself as she walked away

Dash was still too busy eating to make much conversation, so it fell to the orange filly, who was less than enthusiastic, but also didn't like the awkward silence

"So..." she said "you've not said much... can I ask what your job is?" scootaloo asked the gender-bender mare

“I’m a Wonderbolt, so that’s kinda my job. Used to be a guard, so I do that sometimes too. Mostly acrobatic or fast flying, often both.” She shrugged, not sure what the filly meant. She was sure she had made that clear already. 

“So, wanna give me a taste of what earned you your fanclub?” She asked, smiling over at Scootaloo. 

Scootaloo blinked "Thats it?" she asked "Rainbow is a wonderbolt, a teacher, a coach, the town's lead weathermare, and a member of the royal Council!"

Dash sighed "Calm down, squirt, Not everyone has so many jobs"

Scootaloo frowned "I'm a student, a CMC, and a Tutor..."

Dash sighed again "Sorry, thunder, I think I may have given her unreal expectations..."

"Well, helping out others may as well be a job with how often I'm doing that, and with how far I tend to take it... Besides, having a bunch of titles like that is not necessarily a good thing. It works just fine for some, and I'm sure you two can handle it, but spreading yourself that thin for some ponies mean they can't devote the time they need to to do the jobs right. Plus, some ponies relax by doing stuff, others relax by doing nothing." Thunder shrugged, trying to explain things to the filly. "Everyone's different."

Dash sighed, clearly she wanted to say more but knew that if she opened her muzzle it would only make things worse...

about this time, the other two meals arrived, as expected, scootaloo got four cheese nuggets and fries along with a little bowl of pudding.

Thunder got the same sandwich that Dash had gotten - along with fries. When he bit into it though, he would likely realize why the waitress was amused at the order. Along with the normal lettuce, tomatoes, unions, ketchup and mustard, there was also a thin layer of liquid rainbows, cranking the 'heat' of the burger up hotter than most ponies would ever consider sane, not to mention two strips of a strange red and white crunchy food that gave the burger a saltier taste...

((yes. My Dashie likes Bacon. Her best friend growing up was a griffon after all --- and if you try to rebuke me, I'll gladly show you pics of horses eating baby chickens, deer eating squirrels, and butterflies feeding on carrion. Turns out there is no such thing as a 100% Herbivore and all animals can digest meat in small quantities))

Thunder raised an eyebrow at Rainbow's sigh, but decided to let the issue go, especially as the food had arrived. After thanking the Waitress, she began to eat the burger, pausing at the strange salty taste, and the rainbows. Well, that wasn't too bad, but those strange strips were, well, strange. Oh well, they tasted alright, and they worked well on the burger. It seemed Rainbow liked them, so it was fine really. She shrugged to herself as she kept eating the burger.

Dash was watching in expectation, a smirk on her face as thunder took his first bite... then as he continued eating, dash blinked "You... you like that?!" she exclaimed "The only other pony who likes heat as high as that is spike! er, well other creature I suppose..." Dash corrected herself

Scootaloo snorted "I can smell it from here..." she said "I thought you just fell into your house's rainbow lakes one too many times and you burned out your tongue to it or something" clearly she didn't care for hit and spicy food.

Dash laughed "Kid, I grew up in cloudsdale, we practically have a third tap in our house for rainbows"

"Funny that your parents never mentioned that" smirked Scootaloo

Dash blinked and laughed awkwardly "Ok, so maybe it's not that common..."

"I get you just dropped a sandwich in one of your ponds one day and thought it tasted good" said scootaloo, wrinkling her nose at the thought

Dash laughed "If that were the case I'd be telling that story, its hilarious!"

((sorry, I dont really have a lot to work with, so I'm kinda just making up banter...))

“Hey, I grew up in Cloudsdale too. Plus, I like spicy foods, and while this is pretty hot, it’s still good.” She chuckled as she listened to the two go back and forth. And then she felt a sneeze building up. She couldn’t stop it though, and as she sneezed there was another flash as she turned back into a stallion. 

“Darn, hate that. Especially since the suit seems to take longer to respond when I change that way. Ugh, too tight.” He said, trying to sit still until the suit readjusted so he didn’t rip it on accident. 

Scootaloo's jaw was slack, the nugget she was eating falling out and back onto her plate "You-Your a guy!?" she exclaimed in shock

Dash just laughed, pointing at the filly "Scoots! You should see your face!" 

Scootaloo was still trying to wrap her head around this "but...but..."

Dash just kept on laughing though it was dieing down now

Scootaloo looked under the table and over the backs of the benches "Where is she? I know this trick, your twins, right? your just... Teleporting... without a horn... somehow...." she laughed awkwardly, trying to think of a rational explanation for what she was seeing.

((its funny, she can watch a changeling go through a dozen shapes, both genders, even inanimate objects, and roll with it, but as soon as pony does something like that, her brain BSODs XD))

“Only sometimes.” He winked at the filly, soon breathing a sigh of relief as the suit adjusted again and he could move again. 

“Guess you’d call it a condition. I dunno why, exactly, but I got sick as a colt, and ever since I change whenever I sneeze.” He shrugged again, chuckling at the filly before he went back to eating his food. 

This time bash stopped, though not nearly as dramatically "Wait, so you ARE a stallion?" she asked "I thought you were a mare who just turned into a stallion when you needed to"

This was enough to break scootaloo out of her trance and laugh a bit

Dash smiled at this, glad she was able to bring scoots back to reality, though she still did look at thunder questioningly, seriously confused now if he was male or female.

"Well, I started as a stallion, yeah, but with how long I've been doing this it's kinda up in the air. Depends how I feel, really." He shrugged again, looking over at Rainbow. "My gender is yes." He winked at her, chuckling a bit as he took another bite.

((I love how intent he is, he keeps on making passes and she keeps on shutting him down. XD. the irony is I wouldn't mind playing that card and seeing how it goes, but sadly there's the stupid "No romance" rule that forbids anything past a hug or hoof holding... despite the fact we've seen far more than that in the series... -_-))

Dash just looked at him strangely, "It just seems... weird..." she said "I mean I guess you get used to it, but the idea of just flipping back and forth feels strange... there are times I can think of that it might be useful, sure, but it must get confusing..." she shook her head "The thought of ever not knowing who I really am is a terrifying one"

Scootaloo smiled "Dont worry, dash, even if something like that did happen to you, _I_ could tell you who you were --- the most awesome pegasus in all of equestria and the best sibling a foal could ever wish for" she put her arms around dash and hugged her tight.

Dash blushed slightly, putting her wings around the filly "thanks kid, it means a lot" she said "hopefully I'll never have to question who I really am"

((and sadly, in many of my RPs, she does end up questioning her own identity... poor mare gets thrown down a lot of deep rabbit holes...))

(He’s just an incorrigible flirt. Also, I have no idea what you mean by a no romance rule, pretty sure Bluey had something going on with someone else’s oc before.)

“Well, it’s mostly that at this point, my current gender doesn’t matter as far as who I am. I’m still me either way, nothing up here changes.” He said, tapping the side of his head. “The stuff that makes me, well, me, doesn’t change, just the shell around it. Kinda hard to explain, I guess, if you don’t know what it’s like. Still, you’d still be yourself even if your body changed.”

((well the official post from the staff says:

A romantic thread may still be possible but should be limited to themes that would be appropriate for the show. G rated dates, a kiss on the cheek, hoof holding; anything far beyond that may be considered inappropriate. If you have ANY questions or concerns about the nature of your thread and if it is acceptable please ask a moderator. 

This is the only warning that will be provided, first offenses will result in a permanent and non-negotiable ban. 

That last part about no warnings and a permanent non-negotiable ban on first offense, tells me its not worth the risk...))

"You remind me a bit of a friend of a friend who's a changeling, he gets philosophical and almost disgustingly sweet and nice" she giggled "in a way I guess it's kinda cute, but..."

Scootaloo cocked her head "...are you talking about Thorax?"

Dash smiled "Yes I am, and no I dont care if you tell him I said that, he'll just agree!" she laughed

"pfft, and here I thought I had some blackmail on you" she teased, her expression making it clear she was joking... at least hopefully she was...

(I read that as basically just steer well clear of nsfw stuff and you’re probably good. Also, might be an old rule they never went back to, considering how things have become less strict. Not to say I really expect anything like a romantic relationship to develop from this thread, just don’t let it hold you back from even trying.)

Thunder hummed for a moment, the name familiar to him, but he wasn’t sure why at first. Eventually it hit him though, and he nodded to himself. 

“Didn’t know you knew him. Then again, you’re friends with Twilight, you probably know lots of creatures through her and the rest of your little group.” He chuckled, nudging Scootaloo playfully at the mention of blackmail. Soon enough, he finished the burger and started in on the fries. 

((Dunno. I really wish they would either clarify it or remove it. As such anytime I have/will hate a thread that has anything more than casual flirting in it, I take it offsite to my own forums, which is frustrating because I somehow end up losing threads and forum backups >.<))

Dash laughed a little "I dont technically know him honestly, I've only spoken to him once or twice. The one who knows him best actually is Spike, Twilight's Second-in-command - Spike saved him, and he saved spike several times, so they're best friends... which I admit not that i'm talking about ti does sound a little weird, but..." she shrugged "But if you really want to hear about interesting, there was this one adventure we all went on where we first met this giant talking cat who walked on his back legs and wow could he sing and-"

Scootaloo sighed, looking over at thunder, speaking quietly "Now you got her wound up, she can be as long-winded as Twilight giving a lecture when you get her talking about her old adventures... I think she's secretly sad that she cant really go off on crazy adventures now because of all her responsibilities... I know I would be..." she sighed again, clearly wishing she could have taken part in awesome adventures like Dash and her friends did before age and responsibility set in too strong.

Thunder chuckled a bit as Rainbow started in on her story, listening to it until Scootaloo spoke up and drew his attention to her. He chuckled some more at her words, patting her on the shoulder. "Hey, you got plenty of time left to get into impromptu adventures, don't go giving up on them yet."

Scootaloo sighed "Not really... I have school and helping creatures discover their place in life... and tutoring the students at the friendship school... I dont really have time to get into adventures either..." a tear leaked from her eyes "Just like with rainbow, my time for epic adventure has passed me by..."

"...and then she said 'Rainbow what are you doing?!' and I said 'Being awesome!' and then she said...." Dash was completely lost in her story now, not even realizing that neither of them were really listening anymore...

“You never know what might happen. You’re not going to be a student forever, and once that’s done you might have more free time than you do now.” Thunder said, trying to reassure Scootaloo. 

((You have no idea how much I'd love to do just one last epic CMC misadventure... send them off on a huge quest and then have to find their way back home while stopping at all kinds of exciting locations and partaking in exciting little escapades, saving others (and themselves) and wondering if they'll ever see the safety of ponyville again...))

Scootaloo sighed but smiled "Me and my friends used to get into all kinds of crazy adventures" she said, her eyes staring off into the distance "looking for lost treasure, trecking through the mountains, fighting wild dragons..." her words seemed to be... embellished... but there was clearly a yearning there, action and excitement was calling her, but she felt unable to answer the call, instead just sitting there and being willing to let her life flow by slowly... maybe it wasn't Dash or Thunder that had issues with who they really were... maybe it was a certain filly, or possibly even all three... old habits are hard to break after all...

Thunder sighed slightly, patting Scootaloo on the back to reassure her while at the same time trying to get Rainbow’s attention with a wing. Maybe she could help get the filly out of this little funk she put herself in.