Another Day, Another Possible Alchemical Explosion! (Ashton)

PyroBlaze

Rabi was, predictably, hard at work in his shop, messing around with chemicals on one side while fixing up some mechanical work on the other. The chemicals took a more direct supervision to get right, so he was mostly focused on keeping his hooves steady as he measured out the exact levels for the ingredients. As for the other work, a wrench was floating in his magic, tightening a bolt until Alba squeaked at him to stop, at which point he moved to the next one and the process started anew. 

“You know, Alba, this is the life. Able to go crazy with my ideas and no pony here to say no. This city is great, it appreciates my creations.” He commented idly, continuing his simultaneous work on two projects at once. 

Simple Rarity by Aethon056

Rarity

At this point the quiet was broken by the sound of the door. When the door opened, a white unicorn with perfectly coiffed mane and tail at the door, she smiled pleasantly, taking care to close the door behind her and walked up to the counter "Hello there, dahling, I'm looking for a Mister Rabi Dequo" she said, glancing down at a sheet of parchment she was holding "I presume a fine stallion such as yourself must be the pony in question" she floated a sealed envelope out of her saddlebags and over to him. It had his name on one side and on the reverse was the royal crest of equestria. "if you have a moment, I'd like to speak with you about an offer from her Majesty Princess Twilight Sparkle" she smiled again, even though internally she was fighting the urge to comment about the 'dreadful!' state of the shop with the lack of proper seasonal curtains, no fresh flours to cover the smell of the chemicals... she really should see if the stallion would mind at least a little advice on the state of this shop!

((Bet you forgot I had her, didn't ya? ;) ))

Rabi didn’t give too much of a response at first, aside from holding up a hoof as if to tell her to wait a moment. He was almost to a point in the mixture he could take a break, and so once he got there he set the materials down and took the letter, reading it over while still working on the machine. 

“Twilight wants me? What for? Does she have an engine or something she needs me to fix or build?” He said as he read, falling silent for a moment before talking again. “Oh, yes, I am Rabi Dequo, and that’s Alba over there.” He said, pointing out the large white mouse sitting near the machinery and supervising the work. Upon hearing his name, Alba gave a friendly wave to Rarity. 

Rarity smiled and nodded her head politely to both of them "Its a pleasure to make both of your acquaintances" she then turned back to the stallion "You are quite close, dahling. Twilight is seeking local ponies in the top of their field to work on government projects. While I cant go into specifics without all the paperwork filled out, you would be working on creating and improving Magitech throughout the government" she explained "and while some of it will be as simple as suggesting new materials or replacing a power gem with a larger one, there will be opportunists to truly make your own talent shine like a shooting star and design new projects from scratch that the entire world may see!" she made a grand sweeping gesture with her hoof, sounding a little excited herself. after holding the pose for a moment she turned back to the Rabbi "Now, I fully understand if you need some time to think this over, it is, after all, a rather big decision, but if you dont mind, could you tell me if you are interested in the offer?"

Rabi hummed slightly, rubbing his chin as he listened to the pitch. Things remained silent for a while as he thought over the offer, then what kinds of stuff he could make there, then what to eat for lunch. Eventually, after several more detours, his mind circled back to the offer and he realized he should probably answer the question. 

“Ah, yes, this does seem like a good opportunity. When and where are we to start?” He asked, looking up at her from the letter. Soon enough, he finished working on the machine and Alba scampered over to perch on his head. 

"That is simply mahvelous!" said Rarity "I just need you to sign here" she floated a quill and ink over and indicated the large X on the bottom "and then either later this afternoon or tomorrow - you know how paperwork goes - I'll be back 'round to show you to your new workshop, find out exactly what tools and materials you need - if you can start a short list that would be fabulous! - and I'll also introduce you to the ponies you'll be working with and show you some of the concepts they're working on. If everything goes well, You'll be officially starting in just a few days" she explained "Any other questions before I head back to finalize everything?"

Rabi hummed as he listened to her speak while signing the paper. Really, the supplies needed largely depended on the project, but he supposed he could write down some general supplies that were widely useful. 

“No, I don’t think there is anything else I need at the moment. I’ll see you later then.” He nodded to her before heading off to start that list before he forgot the ideas.