(completed)(School) Enjoying the end of the day...?

Ashton

trixie_emblem_wallpaper_by_internationaltck_d4x83mg-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTA3IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvOWZkNDlkNDItMDAzYy00ZTNjLTkxZDAtYzdkYWRjMDZmMGI2XC9kNHg4M21nLTM2M2FkNzJhLWJjNTYtNDc4Yi05MWVmLWU1Y2Q2NDY5Yjc3ZS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9OTAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.e66SXZJvr4VUMs9hqH1pbenJMYcHqvyw2ehRMlsOpl8

The Great and Powerful Trixie

The last ray of the fading sun finally set over the mountain, casting the room into darkness but not before landing on a calendar with a large circled X over the day's date.... The pale blue mare who occupied the office, leaned back in her chair, sighing with relief. She wasn't going to turn on the lights, she wasn't even going to close the window. After a day like today, she just wanted to relax. Trixie's horn glowed as she unlocked a drawer and pulled out a rather old looking bottle. She looked at the label, almost completely worn off with age now "How many years has it been?" she asked as she lifted the bottle up "Only one drink left... only one reminder of who I used to be..." she said, floating out a goblet with her cutiemark on it and pouring out the last drink, raising the glass to the dark window she spoke in a quiet voice "Here's to where we have been, here's to where we are going, here's to the journey along the way" she drank the dark liquid.

The sound of the bottle shattering could easily be heard in the hallway, no doubt disturbing anyone else in that wing of the school. But they wouldn't hear trixie floating over the broom and dustpan and sweeping up the remains of the bottle, and her past "Now, thats all over, its time to move on, nothing left to remind me of where I came from... only where I am going!"

trixie_lulamoon_vector_by_durpy_d53zfik-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MzM5MyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzczMjdmZWViLWExNzItNGUyZC1hNTYxLTNkMDU3Yjg0MjgwZVwvZDUzemZpay02ZjUyOTQ5Zi0zODkzLTQ4MWEtYWUxMy00MGFjMTgyMjc1YTAucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTM1OTQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.CFyuBrtLWLVRiEUJC8v9Ys49qAfM0eSTZouaSHwO4gw

Bluebelle Banner.png

One of the hearers passing by was, not entirely coincidentally, Trixie's new... shall we say supervisor?  Princess Bluebelle didn't exactly feel it tactful to call herself the former magician's boss.  The word was a bit too middle-class for the royal's taste, and she didn't feel that Trixie would like the idea of working for a boss all that well either.  But assisting the future minds of Equestria and beyond to develop in Friendship and Harmony, under the friendly supervision of the Archancellor?  Surely she would be alright with that.

Or perhaps Bluebelle was simply being unfair and presumptious in her assumptions.  Celestia knew it wouldn't be the first time for her adopted relative.  In any case, upon hearing the bottle shatter, the Princess immediately picked up upon where the disturbance had come from, making her way to the office and knocking with a firm series of taps on the door.  "Miss Trixie?  Are you quite alright in there?"

((not gonna lie, I have no clue whats going on here or what happened to the others, I'm assuming something happened in another thread I wasn't privy to, so I'm just going to assume Trixie knows whats happening and I"ll bumble my way through until whatever off-screen plot bubbles through))

Trixie frowned for just a moment, having come from humble beginnings she felt an internal and sometimes harsh disconnect with the nobility, but unlike years ago when this would have manifested in her words or actions, she had managed to mature enough to hold it in, realizing that it was not a conscious choice that the nobles made, it was just the proverbial throw of the dice that they were born into those families, and that Trixie shouldn't hold it against them, as long as they don't use it as an excuse to be callous and pretentious. Of course the fact that her 'boss' had gone from being her best friend and/or said friend's coltfriend to now being some appointed aristocrat did still rub her the wrong way, whether it was the right course of action for the school or not...

But, being a master of the stage was one of the few aces Trixie had up her sleeve against even those of the decadent court, whens he focused on it, being able to even out-act some of the best nobles, and she put it to good use in situations such as this

The doorknob glowed as Trixie opened it to the heiress "Oh yes, sorry about the noise, something broke - though to be honest with you, its a bit of a relief. You never realize how something can be holding you back until its gone" she smiled, indicating the dustpan showing the broken glass "it was a sort of keepsake from my earliest years of travel, and now that its gone I feel you might say lighter and certainly less focused on the past" she explained. OF course her normal tone and means of speech were slightly off - much more proper and formal than usual, but she doubted her guest would notice --- especially since she was actually speaking the truth.

(Oh, was this a continuation of something else?  Well, Bluebelle doesn't know what's going on with Trixie very well either, so we'll both be winging it.  Fun!)

The appearance of poise and competency could often cover for the lack of it in actuality, as Princess Bluebelle well knew.  Indeed, since Princess Twilight had given her the headmare position at the School of Friendship, the unicorn had found themselves having to project a serene smile while scrambling behind the scenes to get some idea of how this school worked, and who all was in it.  She therefore had only a cursory knowledge of Trixie, having met the mare one or two times before briefly; everything else she'd learned from whatever Twilight Sparkle had bothered to write down.

Which was a lot, admittedly, but so much of it seemed to be irrelevant minutiae.  The Princess trusted her personal intuition and experience, and what they told her about the mare that had just let her in was that she was used to showing whatever face would advantage her the most with the ponies she was with.  It was, ironically, something she held in common with the nobility that the Princess so often had to deal with.  As such, she took it in stride, taking everything Trixie said at face value, as a matter of courtesy.  "Oh, I see.  And to be honest, I quite understand, though I will admit such things that have held me back were not so breakable as glass.  So very often, what held me back was... myself, ultimately.  Isn't that so true for all of us?"

((No, I was referring to why bluebelle is now headmare of the school, since as per cannon, its Starlight and Sunburst. I'm just assuming the two either eloped, or were killed fighting off a murder of giant pygmy ravens... probably the ravens...))

Trixie hung her head, frowning, almost growling "...she told you about my past..." came the angry reply, but the venom was very short-lived, clearly directed at twilight. Of course Trixie wasn't surprised given how twilight had never truly forgiven her and had even tried to keep starlight from being her friend... this seemed no different for the so-called 'princess of friendship' than to sabotage every last good thing Trixie had going for herself... "...yes, I made some huge mistakes in the past. I have been my own worst enemy... even to this day I have to watch my ego... but whatever her majesty said about me, I promise you, I've learned my lesson and it only helps me keep perspective, it no longer interferes with me or my job" she sighed "Im sorry, I shouldn't have snapped like that... I'm just... dissapointed... that her highness still feels that I've not learned my lesson and that I still dont deserve a second chance after everything that's happened..."

(Let's just say... Canterlot Canon became it's own AU)

Bluebelle blinked at the outburst; it was quite unexpected, as her only intention from her word choice was to offer the fact that she herself had a past that had to be overcome.  "It is true that your past was outlined in your dossier, she speaks rather highly of you in the present tense.  Although... Twilight did mention that you sometimes have trouble believing other ponies are acting in good faith concerning you.  I can say for myself, that if she was not the sort of pony to give second chances, wouldn't be at this school."  She was a little uncomfortable with her predecessor being so ill-thought of.  After all, as Twilight's appointee, any ill-reflection on the Princess of Friendship's reputation cast a shadow on her.  She couldn't be having with that!

((...yeah... I keep running into that... which is the reason I'm not really using any of my cast characters now except trixie --- since afaik I'm basically the only one who has every used her on here so she doesn't have a bizarre alternate history...))

((...so we're going with "starlight and sunburst were eaten while fighting giant pygmy ravens?" ;) ))

Trixie blinked loudly. It was clear that this had completely taken her back. It took her brain a moment to comprehend what buebelle had said, and when it did, it was clear that it hit the mage like a ton of bricks. She hung her head again, silent for another moment "...she... she did...?" asked Trixie "I never... I never expected her to have good things to say about me... not after what happened in the past... last time I saw her, which I admit was a long time ago, she was telling other ponies that I Was still not to be trusted... a pony that was a friend, and despite that became my closest friend later... that leaves a mark...

(It's what comes when we RP faster than the show releases episodes :razz:.  And no, we're just going with "Princess Twilight made another decision."  Glimglam's still the counselor.)

Bluebelle's mouth twisted up in a kind of pained smile.  "I see.  Well, I can tell you from experience that living according to what's heard by eavesdropping is not pleasant.  Very often, we miss context, and think worse of other ponies than we should.  The nobles play that sort of game all the time, which is why their company tends to be so unpleasant.  It gets to the point where you deliberately let yourself be eavesdropped upon, just to say something that you know will hurt somepony else.

"I used to be sort of pony that did that.  But you know?  Twilight isn't. At any rate, Bluebelle hoped not.  Goodness knew what sort of Friendship school Twilight would have built if she was.  "That said, its taken me a while to start believing the better of ponies, and even to forgive them when I was wrong.  And suppose I was wrong in this case.  Would you be able to forgive Twilight if she was in the wrong?"

((yeah... but the rules I thought were basically "show overwrites RP"........))

((...wait... so trixie's not the counselor? @_@ so trixie was just unknowingly breaking and entering into an office that wasn't hers!??!   ...and but you said she was and..... ugh! *head-desk* I'm so very confused now...x_x T_T ))

Trixie sighed "I didn't have to eves-drop, she said it right in front of me... maybe she's changed since she got her throne, but in the past, her Majesty was as subtle and sneaky as a chainsaw..." she paused though "...could I forgive her? with how she's treated me..." she took a deep breath "...I suppose if she was genuinely wrong and was genuinely asking for forgiveness... then I would... " she sighed "honestly, there was a time when I would have begged her forgiveness... after she saved me from myself... but seems it was a good thing I didn't..." she shook her head "I'm sorry, there's just a lot of conflicting emotions... So much happened with Her Majesty back when she was, well, not her Majesty yet...."

(Honestly, at this point, long-standing storylines on this site probably have equal weight, though I think we ought to have settled this in an OOC thread.
I haven't actually seen S9, I assumed that Trixie was assistant counselor or auxiliary teacher at this point, not in Glimmer's old job)

Bluebelle had to chuckle.  "That she was not.  Though, these days... well, she always was a fast learner.  I mean, she did this to me," The Princess waved a hoof indicating her mare form, "And more and more I wonder whether it was actually an accident.  But that's somewhat beside the point."

"I know there's a lot that's happened between the two of you, and I'll confess that I don't know the whole story.  But I do know this: it's a lot easier to forgive a mare that forgives.  And, if a cycle of hostility has to end, somepony has to be the first to drop their grudge, however justified it may be.  I learned that as a diplomat; even if you have a legitimate grievance, its not always a good idea to press it, not if you want to stay friends.  And losing a friend to gain an enemy is a loss on both sides."

It was strange, honestly, for Blue to hear herself speak.  Perhaps it was the school environment shaping her, but she was actually trying to teach friendship.  Who would have thought the former noble snob could ever be or do such a thing?  Well, apparently one Twilight Sparkle.

((yeah... thats the problem with the radically-different site canon, half the time you dont find out about it untill your already waist-deep in a thread... I spent two hours in DMs with somone I was RPing with on here trying to sort out how to make a thread canon because it was accidentally mincing timelines... the site seriously needs to go back to having 1 forum show-canon and 1 forum site-canon but from what I'm told there just isn't enough activity for that... I really wish they could atleast have a document somewhere that lists the major deviations... for the sake of the thread, I'm just going to assume that Trixie is the secondary/assistant counselor then...))

Trixie cocked her head "she did what to you on accident? made you the headmare?" she smiled jokingly. Trixie shook her head "Hard to lose something you never had, her majesty and I were never friends, at most she just kinda tolerated me because I was friends with Starlight, but she wasn't openly hostile anymore..." she sighed "I want to put it behind me, its just hard and it left a scar hearing a pony who's supposed to embody friendship itself -who even forgave a former dictator and event he god of Chaos himself- treat me like that..." she paused "...I'll try to keep my head on straight and not jump to conclusions again" she smiled awkwardly 

"Not... exactly."  Bluebelle laughed.  "She made me a mare by accident, but the other half is, I'm convinced, deliberate."  Although... he'd been hearing other stories about males becoming females thanks to Twilight.  Did she... have some sort of thing for that?  It was altogether a little suspicious to the Princess, she'd have to talk to the lavender alicorn about that.

Speaking of which... "I'll venture a guess to say that you've never talked with her about it?"  She tried to be gentle, not chiding.  "The best thing you can do right now is give her a chance to explain or apologize.  If she does neither... well, that's the worst case scenario, and it's not any worse than what you're feeling right now, right?"

((funny thing is I've heard of a lot of characters having this... issue... and tbh I think it's more a certain player than the character :P ))

Trixie tolled her eyes "uh, she's a princess now, like THE princess, I cant just go up and talk to her" she sighed "And before you suggest writing her a letter that will just be answered by one of her secretaries... if I was lucky it might be answered by her dragon familiar, there's no way a pony of her position would ever see my letter..." she shook her head "asking something like that is foolish, and trust me I know foolish... but... if I could... yeah... your right" she snorted "maybe she'll visit me in a nightmare like Luna used to..." she rolled her eyes

Bluebelle sometimes had to remind herself that not everypony was royalty, or could expect dear Auntie Celestia or Luna to make time in their calendars for tea.  Nonetheless, she couldn't help but feel a teacher's irritation at hearing excuses rather than a resolution for action.  But what could be done about the very real difficulties?

*Inspiration.*  "One moment."  Setting her horn aglow, she lifted some official Friendship School stationary and a pen, beginning to write down what looked like a worksheet in longhand.  "This is an official Friendship School Assignment, talk over your problems with Twilight Sparkle.  I will send word to her ahead of time, I do have a favor to call in, I believe.  And I'm certain she won't refuse business like this."  Having finished it, she presented it to Trixie with a grin.  "You'll find as we work together that I don't do things by halves, nor do I believe in false modesty.  If I have a key to the central halls of power, I'm going to use it."

((aww... now I gotta pester the loonatic-of-a-thousand-threads to make time for a trixie thread... though given the bombastic entrace trixie will make, even under these circumstances, it will atleast be fun, even it I'll probably have to schedule it six week sin advance......))

Trixie just nodded absently as she took the paper and looked over it, about to make a snarky remark, when her eyes went wide "...your... your not joking!?" she exclaimed, clearly expecting to see a bad doodle of twilight with a sily caption --- certainly not expecting that bluebelle would genuinely pull strings for something like this "Trixie is at a loss for words!" she said, clearly meaning it since she slipped into her 'stage persona' and began speaking in third-pony

((I already gave him the heads-up))

The Princess's face split into a wide grin.  Trixie was not a mare used to kindnesses of such magnitude offered so freely, though few indeed were privileged to receive personal royal attention.  Lucky students and teachers at this school, then!  "My humor is subtle, but not cruel.  Nonetheless, I do hope to see that filled out and on my desk soon."  She winked, gathering herself back up.  "It was good to meet you, Miss Trixie, finally, in a more personal manner.  I hope, myself, to be a friend to all those here.  And sometimes, even we teachers could use some lessons on friendship, do we not?"  She asked with a giggle.

Trixie managed to gather her wits once again after a moment, which really said volumes that it took her any time at all, given she was a professional showmare, but she managed a smile "yeah, we all do" she said "honestly, I dont think anypony's been this nice to me outside of Starlight" she said "I admit I was a bit apprehensive working with you, but... I think this may be the start of a gr- I mean, a beautiful friendship" she turned a little red, realizing she was about to get carried away with her theatrics again, but managed to cut herself short before she got loud and the magical fireworks came out... who knew, maybe in time she might break herself from her old hammy persona.... nah... but she could learn to tone it back a little... maybe...

Bluebelle brought up a hoof to muffle another laugh from seeing Trixie's effort to suppress her 'performance.'  She didn't want to appear discouraging in any way, though it was undoubtedly cute.  "I certainly hope so!"  She extended her hoof now to shake the other mare's.  "I was just planning to wrap one or two things up before heading off to bed; Twilight let's me sleep in her castle while she works in Canterlot.  In a guest room, of course, and she won't let me use the throne room.  Pity, I always did want one of those.  How about you?  Headed home for the night?"

Trixie nodded "I have a report to fill out on my last student from this evening, then I'll be heading back to my wagon" she said, though she smirked "Oh... so your technically living with Starlight and Sunburst?" it was clear something... kinda inappropriate... was going through trixie's mind, though it looked more like she was thinking how she could turn this to her favor... she couldn't help scheming, old habits died hard... "and wait, what do you mean twilight wont let you use the throne room? did she put one of those anti-teleportation stones in there or something?"

Catching Trixie's smirk, Bluebelle threw her a raised eyebrow over her shoulder, but couldn't keep a straight face.  "Not like that.  And my own preferences lean towards the winged sorts, in any case.  No reflection on their or your own loveliness, of course."  She threw a wink, seeing only a more innocent sort of naughtiness, rather than anything political.  Old habits died hard for her too; she didn't think of commoners in that context.

"Well... no, she just asked politely.  You know, the way that Princesses have of phrasing requests that are sort of commands without being commands?  Besides, I genuinely don't want to break my word to her.  I mean, she can still fire me, after all.  And I've come to like this job."

Trixie smirked "oh... oh!" she laughed "Ok, so that's how it is, everything falls into place so cleanly now" she smiled "I just hope your not letting her little familiar watch anything he shouldn't be" she teased

"Oh, Spike?  He went to Canterlot with Twilight, I think.  Though, I often see him with Lady Rarity these days."  Bluebelle giggled.  "In any case, it's probably best we finished our respective days.  Goodnight, I will see you when I open up tomorrow morning?"

Trixie blinked... her joke went right over bluebelle's head... was she really being too subtle? that was never a problem she'd had before... maybe working at this school really was changing her... hopefully it wouldn't impede her shows...

None the less trixie smiled "yes, have a nice night, headmare, I'll be sure to lock up when I leave" she then walked back around to the back of her desk and opened a drawer levitating out a file and laying it on her desk, shaking her head, muttering about how some students have such difficulty comprehending the lessons...

((anything else to add? or shall I slap a nice shiny "THE END" on this and mark it as "complete"?))