Two Trilling Trots and a Tiny Tiara Tune in a Trio

Hippo

U7Ce2jq.png

Fluttershy and Rarity had been out of the singing game for quite some time. Though Rarity would continue to exercise her hobby of being a talented soprano for the Ponytones, Fluttershy would usually only sing to her animal friends, and once at a private show for her friends to see. She wanted to do something nice for the citizens of her town but was persuaded by Rarity to do the traditional thing during Hearth's Warming Fluttershy never looked forward to doing.

Sure, Fluttershy could sing songs casually in public, but the moment she took notice that others took notice of her, it struck irrational fear in the yellow pegasus' spine. It was too bad, too. She was a very talented singer in her own right who did it for the right reasons. She enjoyed it. But deciding to go with Rarity on a carolling trip with just the two of them ended up being something she would agree to attempt. And maybe after one slightly uncomfortable holiday evening bellowing out her songs in the first snowfalls of winter in Ponyville, she would be closer to be less afraid of being heard singing.

"Thanks for suggesting this idea to go carolling throughout Ponyville, Rarity. It was a good idea." Fluttershy hesitated. "Even though I may not be too excited about singing in front of other ponies." She smirked a nervous smile. Fluttershy was walking away with Rarity from the unicorn's boutique and into the direction of the residential zones of Ponyville proper. The sun had already set and Ponyville's street lamps speckled a friendly constellation along the pathways. Fluttershy was wearing a cozy sweater and a pair of earmuffs with pink flower designs on them. If the paths were clear of the light snow that fell earlier in the day, she would have no problem keeping warm through the evening.

large.png

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

winter_rarity_by_cloudyglow_dd3xcf0-pre.

Ponyville was a wonderland of possibility when the first snow of the season fell. A few months from now the cold would drive them all indoors and to the safety of a warm fire but for now it was an exciting development. The cold and brief shock of sensation that awaited you when the snow fell on you, the decorating of the town in the soft shades of white, blue, and even the shadowed black that they cost in time, the crunch and the feel after it all compacted just right under your hooves. The snowponies and the fights, the warm cocoa next to a window, so many wonderful things that reminded her of this season and how it made her feel. She could scarcely imagine a more delightful palette for the two mares to paint the town with. 

It had taken some cajoling to get Fluttershy to come along but Rarity knew that she would enjoy it in the end. Once she made some ponies smile and saw the joy and goodwill a simple song could spread, she would warm up to the idea quickly enough to make Rarity grow concerned about melting the snow! This was a season that brought out the best in everycreature and when it came to the best of any creature it was Fluttershy's sweetness and love of all things that struck her most sincerely. It came through in the way she sang and Rarity could think of no finer companion to go caroling with. They dressed warm and fabulously- Fluttershy made even relatively simple and homely outfits sing with her breathtaking natural beauty- and Rarity made sure to dress well for the occasion herself.

"Oh, think nothing of it, Fluttershy. I couldn't imagine a finer pony to share this with. I guarantee that you will have yourself a grand time by the end of the evening. How do my snowboots look?" She asked, stopping in place to show them off. "I was debating between them and something with a nice, festive red but it would have clashed with my hat and I wanted to go with something that would match the soft light of the town, as well as my scarf. Think it works?" She said with a small twirl. Upon what would most assuredly be a positive response, she would sigh appreciatively and look around. "Well, enough time for that. Come now, let us spread good cheer and warm tidings to our beloved town, starting...there!" She said excitedly as she trotted in the direction of Filthy Rich's abode. 

• Like 3
  • Hearthoof 1

U7Ce2jq.png

Fluttershy's good friend did the best she could diverting attention away from the kind pony's fears to the chic fashion choices of the unicorn. "Oh, it looks lovely." Fluttershy said thoughtfully. "I think others will love how you look, it certainly will put on a good impression to the ponies we surprise." Fluttershy was a little dressed down from Rarity, but she never considered it an issue with how it made her feel about her own attire. Rarity was likely going to be more fabulous no matter what. And besides, this was Fluttershy's favorite holiday sweater, ever since Angel ripped a whole in her old one.

The two approached Filthy Rich's house and with a slight hesitation, Fluttershy raised her hoof to attempt the knock. She winced and looked away, but caught the eye of Rarity's supportive nod. "Okay." She whispered. "Here we go."

*Knock*Knock*Knock*

@Bellosh @RainbowFoxxy

• Like 3

aaDdTV6.png

Filthy Rich was in the middle of a pleasant dinner with his family when he heard knocking at their front door. “I’ll get the door,” he got up from his seat; “I promise not to take long.” Filthy couldn’t imagine somepony wanting to hang around outside in the cold this late in the evening, what with the first scheduled snows of winter falling down upon Ponyville tonight.

Opening the door, Mr. Rich found Fluttershy and Rarity dressed up in winter accouterments. “Oh, hello there ladies,” the stallion politely greeted the two, his voice betraying only a tiny hint of perplexion; “How may I help you?”

• Like 3

Rarity nodded towards Fluttershy and cleared her throat, hoof to chest as she took a deep breath, not answering Mister Rich with words but rather with song. A pregnant pause and the Heart Carol began!

All
Rarity
Fluttershy

As dawn shines on us every morn
The fire of friendship is reborn
And all the friendships we have made
We cherish in every way
Loyalty binds us and makes us strong
Honesty shows that we belong
And kindness shared will unite us through each day
The fire of friendship lives in our hearts
As long as it burns, we cannot drift apart
Though quarrels arise, their numbers are few
Laughter and singing will see us...

Through

Will see us through

We are a circle of pony friends
A circle of friends we'll be to the very end

Though the winter brings all its cold and storm
The glow in our hearts keeps us warm
The friends we now call our family
Will always see us through

Loyalty binds us and makes us strong
Honesty shows that we belong
And kindness shared will unite us through each day
The fire of friendship lives in our hearts
As long as it burns, we cannot drift apart
Though quarrels arise, their numbers are few
Laughter and singing will see us...

Through

Will see us through

We are a circle of pony friends
A circle of friends we'll be to the very end

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 2

U7Ce2jq.png

Fluttershy sung the last few notes while closing her eyes, and she kept them closed as the rhythm of the song ended. Afraid to open them for fear of embarrassment, she ended the streak once a few seconds of awkward silence promoted her to speak. "Oh, um. Happy Hearth's Warming! We wish you, your friends, and your family all the joy and love the holiday brings. May your fireplace, and our friendship, keep you forever warm." Fluttershy smiled at Filthy with glee. Her kind instinct was overwhelming her flaw of fret from showing for the time being.

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

image.jpeg

It was then that a certain somepony came to stand beside her dad's legs. She had of course heard the song and it had moved her, at least a bit. Diamond had been through quite a lot in the past coupe of seasons. She continued to feel herself being tossed to and fro by what her will really wanted to do. Few ponies could say they experienced the pull between light and dark that the little filly somehow managed. She felt it more in this season than any time of the year. She really did want to change, to be the pony she knew she could be. She glanced towards her father and then offered a response.

"That was..." She turned to the side, not wanting anypony to see the tears that brimmed in her eyes. "That was really nice," She sniffed. "Thank you."

Diamond scuffed the plush entry rug with a front hoof, looking up with shining eyes to Fluttershy and Rarity. "Um," Short breath. "I'm not sure if you'd have me but, could I come along for caroling?" Then she glanced to Filthy. "If it's ok with you dad?"

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

aaDdTV6.png

Wait... are the two mares... caroling? Filthy Rich probably should have seen it coming; both Rarity and Fluttershy were members of the Ponytones, after all. But as far as dinnertime interruptions went, a visit from carolers was by far one of the most pleasant among then. Filthy was in fact about to call over the rest of the family over when the stallion noticed his sweet angel had already come up to the front door too. As for the wife..... she could be honestly harder to herd than a cat.

Once the Ponytone duo finished their heartwarming carol, Mr. Rich was left with a case of eye wateriness that required prompt drying out. As he did so, his daughter surprisingly asked if she could come along caroling with the other mares! After a moment of processing the filly’s question, the daddy beamed; “Well of course, Diamond Tiara! Just make sure you put on some warm clothes before going outside..."

Maybe a year ago or earlier, Filthy would have insisted on tagging along like the involved father he wanted to be. But Diamond Tiara was growing up fast these days, and she needed space to be her own pony. Besides, with the daughter gone for a couple of hours, maybe Filthy and Spoiled could do their special little thing to bring warmth to the season... although knowing the wife, the husband will probably have to do some caroling of his own first.....

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

Diamond Tiara seemed rather affected by the carol, and who could blame the filly? The season's emotional heft was purest when you were young. It was in that spirit of enthusiasm and good spirit that carols were founded, so of course Rarity would have no issue with Diamond Tiara joining them. It would do them well to have her energy with them as the night drew long and cold became snapping and it would do her well to take part in the most wondrous of traditions. "Of course you may join us, darling. Just make sure to dress warm so you may enjoy this night with us! And be ready to sing," She replied with a smile and a wink once her father had approved of it. This would also be of service to Fluttershy. The more the spotlight was taken off of her, the better she would enjoy the season. Or so Rarity hoped. 

As Diamond Tiara readied herself, Rarity couldn't help but speak with her father. He seemed to have become a little misty-eyed himself at the singing of the carols. It was true that the Heart Carol could have such a radiant emotional impact that it could stagger a withdrawn heart and warm a cool one. Filthy was neither of these things- he was a fine stallion- but the power of the Heart Carol could not help but leave its salve upon him as well. "Thank you for allowing us to take Diamond Caroling. It will be good for her!  She'll be back before midnight, safe and sound. That should give you and Spoiled some time to yourselves, no?" She asked, allowing the implication to hang thick in the cool air. 

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 1

U7Ce2jq.png

Fluttershy had a short moment looking at Rarity when the filly asked to join, and when Filthy asked for the mare's permission for turning the duo into a trio. And she would agree with Rarity. "Oh, of course! The more the merrier. We will need to go soon so we can visit as many houses before it gets too late. So grab your most comfy jacket and we'll be going."

The short wait for Diamond to get her clothes gave Fluttershy a minute to think about where to go to next. They could go next door, but it occurred to her that some of the outskirts of Ponyville would be too far out of the way to save for last, so it would be best to attempt to visit some of the farmlands first. "Hey, Rarity, let's go to Boulder Tomato Ranch next. I bet them wont be expecting us out there."

• Like 2

image.jpeg

Diamond gave a blushing smile as approval for her to carol was granted on all sides. The filly shivered a little as a breeze blew by and she nodded. "Oh brrr! Yep I think a warm coat and some boots would be just the thing!" She disappeared into the mansion to gather her warmest apparel. 

As she dove into her closet to find her coat Diamond's mind went to thoughts of what the evening might be like. In her past she would have never in a million ears have wanted to go around Ponyville singing. That would be soooo embarrassing and so not her thing! She was sure it still wasn't her thing but that was the old Diamond Tiara. Perhaps the new Diamond could really get into the spirit of the holiday? She found the heavy but stylish coat and trotted back down the stairs.

The closet by the door held her boots and she tugged them onto her hooves while listening to the grown ups at the door. It sounded like they were going to a...a tomato farm?! That sounded well, it sounded muddy. She took in a breath, calming herself. It might be muddy but she had her boots to protect her hooves and her coat to keep her warm. It would be an adventure! Yes, that's it! Perhaps the new Diamond Tiara would be excited for adventure!

She came to the door, eyes shining. "Ok! I'm ready!" She trotted outside and stood beside the two mares. "Thanks so much for letting me come along!" She glanced down the road. "You said a tomato farm is the next stop?"

Well, she was in this now. She wouldn't let herself turn back! The pink filly waved good bye to her daddy and set off in step with Rarity and Fluttershy!

• Like 3

"So good to have you along with us, Diamond Tiara. It could do us some good to have some youth along for the ride, lest the fine art of Caroling be forgotten," she said with a laugh as she tossed her mane and made room for Diamond in their group, between Rarity and Fluttershy. She didn't know what style of singer she was nor her vial talent but the beauty of a carol was that the emotions mattered so much more than the words or the quality of the singing. And as long as Diamond Tiara was willing to lead with her heart, her carols would be as beautifully meaningful as anything else she'd sing this season. And in that, Rarity had nothing but confidence that this radiant evening would continue to provide the trio with the favored feelings of this festive season.

Fluttershy had an excellent on who to visit next. The Boulder family was a superb collection of some of Ponyville's best citizens and Rarity could only imagine that the warmth and light of the season shone bright there already. It would no doubt prove to bolster the Carolers themselves as well. An inspired decision. "Boulder Farms is an excellent choice. What carol do you have in mind?" She asked, partially to help ensure Diamond Tiara would have be able to prepare herself for it. It would be foolish to expect Diamond Tiara to have the carols firmly grasped to the extent she could sing them at the drop of a hat. Not everypony had done this as often as Rarity, after all! 

• Like 1

aaDdTV6.png

It didn’t seem that long ago when Filthy’s daughter would have revolted at the mere thought of getting her hooves dirty. She was surely maturing, indeed! As for Rarity, her mind operating on the same page as Mr. Rich’s caused him to make an embarrassed half-laugh. Diamond didn’t take too long to get ready; as she left with the carolers, Daddy watched from the front door, exchanging a goodbye wave of his own. Once the others were out of sight, Filthy shut the door, eager to spoil Spoiled with a night to themselves.....

*EXIT FILTHY RICH*

• Like 2

U7Ce2jq.png

"Oh yes. If you've ever had a tomato or anything from a tomato, chances are it came from the Boulder family farm." Fluttershy started leading the way to the small path that led to the edge of Ponyville. Now that Fluttershy got a song under her belt for the night, and it didn't go horribly, she felt a little more confident in singing again. But like all things that Fluttershy had to improve in, it was at the pace of tiny baby bunny steps.

"So I have a song booklet with me, but me and Rarity already know most of the songs by hearts. So, if you would like to follow along a song you don't know well, you can still sing it with us." Fluttershy slipped to Diamond Tiara a small paper booklet with several holiday songs and Hearth's Warming hymns. "I know you're a great singer, too. I remember when you sang in the Kirin of the Opera musical play the school put on. You were wonderful!" Fluttershy paused though when she wondered about which song to sing. "I'm not sure which song we should sing next. Let me think while we walk to the farm."

Along the way to the next door, Fluttershy couldn't help but look at all the places in the field around the grass now covered in snow where she knew were sleeping animals keeping warm for the winter. One small hill in particular, she remembered helping the same porcupine family set up their winter burrow a few years ago, and they still use the same one today. She loved her animal friends and would miss the ones that hibernate until they return for the spring, but always felt good about being able to help them cope with the harsher temperatures the wind and snow brought. For now, her winter-adapted critters would keep her company on the long nights of Ponyville winter. Also, ponies.

"I can't believe how much it snowed earlier. I can barely see any patches of dirt or grass. But even though it's so cold and snowy, I just know my little cute animal friends are all tucked away warm in their cozy homes." Fluttershy squeaked with the excitement in her nurturing attitude. "I know what song we should sing. We should sing 'Silent Night'. I can sing the main parts, and you two can sing the backup vocals. This song is so lovely when it has a choir, even a small one, to back it up." Fluttershy smiled at Rarity and Diamond. "Do you know that one, Diamond Tiara?"

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 1

"I am sure they are safe and sound, warm as they can be on this night. The work you do with the animals of Ponyville and on its outskirts is truly special, Fluttershy. I doubt there exists anypony in history who has understood the animalia as well as you, my dear," she responded as Fluttershy spoke about her animal friends. Rarity could never imagine doing such work so consistently and for so little, but she recognized that it was a failing on her part. She may have been the Element of Generosity but she considered herself an impostor, a charlatan, the Empress with no clothes when she compared herself to the dedication Fluttershy showed to the animals of the land. 

A sigh.  Rarity was blessed with such terribly effective friends.

The farm reminded Rarity of Sweet Apple Acres in many ways, with some notable differences. Row upon row of ripe tomatoes growing on the vine in summer gave it the feel of a large scale winery, but spoke more acutely to the success of the Boulder family. It wasn't as large as Sweet Apple Acres or as well known nationally but it certainly produced a fine crop and a strong family. Ponyville was many things to many ponies but one thing it was to anypony who was somepony was the leading producer of excellent farmers and stallions. Mares for that matter too, but don't let Applejack hear Rarity hear that. She took it too much as a point of pride to hear such sweet words coming from the unicorn's mouth.

"Silent Night is an inspired choice, Fluttershy. I think Diamond and I can provide excellent backing, can we not?" She asked Diamond Tiara as they made their way deeper into the farm. Rarity took the lead, knowing this place as well as she did. The snow continued its delicate dance to the ground as it bathed the gates and vines with a crisscrossing pattern of brown, red, green, and white, an inviting sensation of colors that have Rarity the extra pep in her step that would keep her spirits up as the night would drag on. When you found joy in the simple elements of the season you were bound to have nothing but a gentle thrill about you as long as you maintained that sensibility, and she had little intention of letting it go any time soon.

They came upon the door quickly, Rarity coming to a stop. "Ready, everypony?" She asked, giving them all a few seconds to settle before knocking on the door and assuming her position back in the caroling line. 

• Like 2

image.jpeg

Diamond trotting along between the two mares. She actually felt pretty darn special to be invited out with them! It wasn't just anypony that had the chance to spend quality time with two of Ponyville's most quality mares. She'd often admired Rarity, even back before she'd had her change of heart. The unicorn was talented beyond measure and certianly had a tight grasp on who she was and where she excelled.

Same could be said of Fluttershy of course however, Diamond had little to no understanding of the things that made the mare tick. Sure animals were cute and fluffy and stuff but Fluttershy had an enduring care for them that went way beyond giving them a pet or a treat! She did know that Fluttershy too knew her fortes and how to use them effectively. She'd built an entire sanctuary out of her heart for the fauna of the world after all! 

As she trotted along between them DT decided this was a great opportunity to learn what she could. It was pretty far out of character for her to just learn from others, she liked to tell others what to do! But, she had a long way to go and tonight would be helpful in her ventures. She would be the one others learned from again someday, but the next time somepony took her orders it would be for the good of ponykind. 

"Thank you Fluttershy." Diamond took the leaflet of songs that the pegasus gave over to her., blushing at the compliment on her performance She knew quite a few songs but having a sheet marked with the notes would be helpful. "This probably isn't too different from singing with others on stage right?" She'd soon find out...

The Boulder Farm was, well she had to admit it was beautiful! Blanketed with sparkling snow and glistening. She knew there had to be mud under there but hopefully the snow would just keep them above it. As they got to the door she found her heart start to race a little. How was she nervous? Or was she excited? Or was it both? Rarity got ready to knock and Diamond stood there, hoping things would go well!

"Hopefully I can," She looked at Rarity, answering her question truthfully.

• Like 2

Boulder Dash blew over a large crockpot of tomato soup as he feed the fire causing the heavenly aroma of tomatoes, garlic, and herbs to fill the house.  Just above him, his little brother Rocky stirred the soup with a large wooden spoon as Mary Mae Boulder, their caring and still lovely mother went about the home dusting and caring for the household.

"Boulder Dash, you keep dat fire burning hear?  I want that soup nice and hot.  Rocky you keep stirring that soup or it won't be right" Mary Mae said as she adjusted a photo of her late husband with a smile on her face.  A duet of "Yes Mama" answered her as the two brothers continued to work.  Mary Mae had just pulled some fresh bread out of the oven for the Traditional Heartswarming meal when the sound of some pony knocking caught her ear.

"Now who could dat be at dis hour.  Boulder Dash dear, could ya got da door?" Mary Mae asked in her slick Oatlahoma accent.  Boulder Dash quickly ran off to the door way and opened it allowing a cool and brisk air to enter the home.  Boulder Dash stared shocked at the sight of three ponies smiling at him as he took them all in.

"Fluttershy ma'am......Lil Diamond Tiara?  And Rarity?" he said as he blushed a deep crimson red shade at the sight of the unicorn fashionista he had developed a crush on since befriending her.  Gulping loudly he bowed to the three girls properly as he asked, "Wha can I do fer ya lovely ladies on dis cold night?" he asked as Rocky and Mary Mae trotted up and stick next to him.

• Like 3

Boulder Dash greeted the fillies and turned a shy complexion. Fluttershy only responded with a smile, looked at the girls and then turned back towards Boulder and his family to begin singing. The company of Rarity and now a filly who might be shy herself encouraged her to not be overly nervous, and her joy of the season once again countered her fear of attention. As she sang, a squirrel that was digging for nuts that it had saved in the fall noticed the pegasus' charm and scampered to her side to join in enjoying the ensemble.

Spoiler

Fluttershy

Rarity and Diamond Tiara background vocals

All

reference:

Spoiler

Silent night, starry night
All is calm, all is bright
'Round the forest,
Parents and young
Gentle creatures everyone
Home in burrows deep
Home in burrows deep

Silent night, starry night                                (Oooooo....)
Snowfall makes the meadows white           (Oooooo....)
Ponies, pegasi, unicorns                               (Oooooo....)
Circle 'round a hearth that is warm              (Oooooo....)
Now the day is done                                       (Oooooo....)
Now that the day is done                               (Oooooo....)

Silent night, starry night                                (Silent night, starry night)
Leaves are still and the moon's in sight      (Ahhhh...mmmmm)
Dreams are born as their eyes fall closed   (Ahhhh...mmmmm)
Tomorrow's gift is that nobody knows        (Ahhhh...mmmmm)
Sleep in beautiful peace                                (Sleep... beautiful peace)
                                    Sleep in beautiful peace

Oh-whoa                                                           (Sleep in beautiful peace)
Oh-whoa-oh-oh                                              (Sleep in beautiful peace)
Oh-whoa-oh-oh                                              (Sleep in beautiful peace)
Oh-whoa                                                           (Sleep in beautiful peace)

Sleep in beautiful peace

Sleep in beautiful peace

• Hearthoof 2

"Happy Hearths Warming Eve, Boulder! I hope you and your family will continue to enjoy this fine season in Ponyville, which you help make better with your tireless work. Love, joy, and the warmth of a good home- may you and yours experience all of it, dear," Rarity said as she trotted up to the stallion and gave him a peck on the cheek. Unlike others, she felt no need to hide her compunction towards physical expressions of gratitude and joy. And if turned the stallions and mares wild, wll, all the better for the mare who even in her good graces couldn't help but enjoy splashing a little attention her way. She turned and trotted back, winking to Diamond before she turned back around and assumed her position as backup behind Fluttershy.

• Like 2

Boulder Dash felt speechless as Rarity leaned up and kissed his cheek.  In front every pony his face turned a crimson red brighter then one of the family tomatoes and bright steam shot from his ears,  with a high pitched whistle.  His little brother Rocky smirked as he walked up with their mother who giggled at her eldest son's expense. Standing between her two boys Mary Mae looked curiously and asked, "Wha are three youngins like ya'll out in da cold fer?"

That answer came in the form of Rarity,  Fluttershy, and Diamond Tiara singing a powerful but harmonious version of "Silent Night", an old but beloved Holiday Carol.  Mary Mae smiled as a tear or two went down her cheeks.  Putting a hoof around both her boys, hard though it was since Boulder Dash towered over her, and hugged them both tightly to her.

Even Rocky and Boulder Dash, both tough and steadfast country boys, got a little emotional to the sound of the three mares singing together.  As they finished the Boulder family clapped together as Mary Mae said, "Oh how beautiful!  Thank ye kindly fer dat wonderful song."

Motioning with her head, Rocky picked up on her hint and trotted off returning with three hot piping mugs of hot coco that he passed out to Fluttershy, Rarity, and Diamond Tiara.  "Please accdot dis as our thanks.  Nothin like country hospitality to warm you up on a cold night."

Boulder Dash nodded happily and looked around asking, "Are da three of ya out on ya lonsome?"

• Like 2

image.jpeg

Diamond gulped as the song began, hoping she'd be able to match up to the voices of the two mares she'd been invited along with! This was so much fun but also super nerve racking! Then it was her turn to sing in harmony with Rarity.

The filly hit all the notes, not off at all. She actually even managed to smile here and there. Wow! It felt really great to be doing a nice thing for this family of tomato farmers. She hardly even thought about how dirty their job must be! She knew from hearing about Apple Bloom's escapades on the farm just how muddy and sweaty working a farm could be. Ew! Gross! No wait...not gross...they worked hard, and they made good tomatoes too! She'd enjoyed them more than once in her mom's Itailian cooking! Not gross at all. She took the thoughts back while she went along vocally with the chorus. 

As the song ended and the three ponies stood inside the door with their hooves around each other Diamond added her sentiment. "Happy Hearth's Warming Boulder family!" She sniffed slightly, the cold making her nose a little runny. 

Then came the cocoa! She accepted her willingly. "Thank you! Yum!" Then she blew on the drink and took a ginger sip. "Ahhhh!" The warmth flowed through her, melting the chill that had crept into her ear tips. 

"It's just the three of us right now yes Mr. Boulder." She shivered a little and took another welcoming sip of cocoa.

U7Ce2jq.png

Once Fluttershy was done singing, she blushed without knowing what next to say. But then she realized Rarity was tagging in to keep the flow of kindness going, and it kept Fluttershy from being too embarrassed. "Oh, thank you!" Fluttershy said receptively to the surprised of hot cocoa. She sat on her haunches briefly as she sipped the hot cocoa with her front hooves holding the mug. "It's just us for now." She took another sip. Fluttershy could sense in the stallion's tone and posture that he was more interested than thankful at the presence of the carol group, and considered he might be interested in joining. "Did... you want to join us? Aren't you having a family meal inside or something? Oh dear, we didn't interrupt did we?"

Rarity could never say never to more members of this quickly growing troop. Of course if she had known Boulder joining was a possibility than she wouldn't have decided to give him a peck on the cheek. She didn't want to make this awkward, especially since they had so many other ponies to meet tonight and she wasn't shy about spreading the love no matter the company. Nonetheless, if he was willing to share his season's warmth with ponies far and wide tonight than she wouldn't impede his progress. The more, the merrier! "Oh, were you thinking of joining us this evening? Are you a Baritone or a Bass, Boulder? We could use that rich rumble to help give our carols some extra life!" She said with a playful titter, inviting him to join their group for the evening with all the hidden charm of saloon dancer.

twitter-HoofDraft-1211988246021980161-0_

Diamond Tiara stood in the shimmering snow, sipping at her mug of cocoa. The filly thought perhaps there was something to all of this? It wasn't super complicated. Just be nice to other ponies and enjoy spreading cheer to others. Nope, no mystery there! It made her feel really good. Almost free, like a huge weight was just floating right off of her withers. As the mares asked Boulder if he'd like to join she looked up at the big guy with shining eyes.

"Oh yes! It would be fun to have you come along!" She sized him up. He was taller than Big Mac she was pretty sure! "Plus we could use a deep voice like yours!"

It wasn't much, just a shot at being kind to other ponies. She had lots to work on even if she was never perfect at it, Friendship took practice!

• Like 1