Dio

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwy9IOrUzO0[/media]

Using the media tag on the video above (which is what the Youtube button uses) it looks to be working fine if the entire URL is posted in the box, including the HTTP protocol.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwy9IOrUzO0

[media]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwy9IOrUzO0[/media]

Here it doesn't work, as the HTTP protocol is missing, instead we just have the URL. This was how your original post was written. My guess is that the media tag doesn't automatically assume the HTTP protocol is used.

Regarding the media tag, I also found that the video won't work if the video URL has the "feature=player_embedded" part in it.

So

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_OjxQGSgJtA[/media]

won't work but

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OjxQGSgJtA[/media]

will

It is because the top link isn't a direct link to the video itself, but to the page the video is embedded in.

• 2 weeks later...

emoticon bar is missing page changing arrows

Firefox 7 beta 5

on the reply box (be quick reply or full) when emoticons are shown, there is no way to change between "pages" to choose, making the "show all" link/window the only option to pick from all of them.

unledhml.png

also, are there any plans regarding the duplicate and couple triplicate emoticons?

also2, why was the width changed back to a smaller one?

emoticon bar is missing page changing arrows

Firefox 7 beta 5

on the reply box (be quick reply or full) when emoticons are shown, there is no way to change between "pages" to choose, making the "show all" link/window the only option to pick from all of them.

unledhml.png

also, are there any plans regarding the duplicate and couple triplicate emoticons?

also2, why was the width changed back to a smaller one?

Click 'Show all'.

There are no plans.

Preparation for other things.

Name: Gallery Uploading: Internal Server Error.

Section: Gallery

Browser: Safari and Firefox

Description: I tried uploading an image to my gallery and upon clicking the upload button an "Internal Server Error," message popped up and that was it. I don't think it is a problem on my end, but I can't say for sure.

I just did a test upload using Firefox 6 on Windows 7 - 64bit and had no issues. May I ask, how many attempts did you try? Also what is the size and format of the image?

hi hi

500x500 pixel .png file. I've tried about a dozen times over the course of the past hour or two.

( I uploaded it to a different server you can see for yourself here )

I tried saving the file with a different encoder and that didn't help, but if it worked for you, its probably a problem on my end. I'll have to investigate more tomorrow.

hi hi 500x500 pixel .png file. I've tried about a dozen times over the course of the past hour or two. ( I uploaded it to a different server you can see for yourself here ) I tried saving the file with a different encoder and that didn't help, but if it worked for you, its probably a problem on my end. I'll have to investigate more tomorrow.

You are right, I couldn't get the image to upload successfully either. I attempted to re-save the image in a couple different formats and had the same issue. I haven't been able to figure out a pattern yet as I had both PNGs and JPEGs fail while other PNGs and JPEGs succeeded when I tried several other random images. Tried this with the simple and advanced uploader. I will let the admins know ASAP. Sorry about this.

Alright after further testing, I have pinpointed the error: For some reason the uploader feature for both the Gallery and for posts is not accepting images over ~130K in size in any of the accepted formats. I tested this with Ginger's image and one of my own in the different formats and had the same success/fail results, always the threshold was around 130K. I will let the admin know ASAP.

hi hi

500x500 pixel .png file. I've tried about a dozen times over the course of the past hour or two.

( I uploaded it to a different server you can see for yourself here )

I tried saving the file with a different encoder and that didn't help, but if it worked for you, its probably a problem on my end. I'll have to investigate more tomorrow.

Should be fixed now.

resolved.

...it only took buying a new server.

Name: IRC bubble. My connection to IRC is stopped by a bubble that seems to let everything else through.

Section: Flash chat, IRC clients

Browser: Firefox, Windows 7 x64

Description

Reproduction steps

1. Open up IRC client (tried with YChat, Quassel, AndroIRC, and Chatzilla) or Canterlot.com Flash chat.
  2. Select EsperNet from list or /attach irc.esper.net:5555.
  3. Wait while client cycles through connection attempts.
  4. Errors

Expected result: Connection to irc.esper.net

Actual result: Connection errors classified by client.

YChat

* Looking up irc.esper.net
* Unknown host. Maybe you misspelled it?
Cycling to next server in Espernet...
* Disconnected ().

AndroIRC

(Error) Unable to resolve irc.esper.net (#1/5) - irc.esper.net

Canterlot.com webchat

Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read [url="http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/lightirc/wiki/Flash_Policy_setup_instructions"]http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/lightirc/wiki/Flash_Policy_setup_instructions[/url]. You need to install a flash policy daemon at apocalypse.esper.net (port 843).

Quassel

Connection failure: Host not found[/size][/font]
[font=Calibri][size=2]
Connection failed. Cycling to next Server

It seems that Mibbit is the only way I can access IRC. While this is workable in a roundabout way, it is highly inconvenient and limits what I can do with logs, autoidentify, and OP commands. As a final note, I can access other non-Espernet IRC servers using my clients.

For the Flash based LightIRC client, the last time I had connection issues it turned out my Flash Player was now out of date. Updating the Flash Player may solve the LightIRC issue at least.

I originally thought the issues could be related to Espernet itself or LightIRC, which is why I posted.

That being said, the issue seems to have resolved itself. Apparently it was a local geographic problem.

Not sure if it's a bug, or just a broken link, but I'll post this here, nevertheless.

Name: The new 'Roleplay Portal' is looping me back to the main Canterlot page--it was working this morning when I clicked it, but now every time I click it it takes me back to the main Canterlot page.

Section: Front page of the forums, the 'Roleplay Portal'

Browser: Google Chrome, and tried it in Firefox just cuz I had it open. Same result.

Not sure if it's a bug, or just a broken link, but I'll post this here, nevertheless.

Name: The new 'Roleplay Portal' is looping me back to the main Canterlot page--it was working this morning when I clicked it, but now every time I click it it takes me back to the main Canterlot page.

Browser: Google Chrome, and tried it in Firefox just cuz I had it open. Same result.

Its still in beta and we are working out the bugs, so for now just use the normal forum links for the RP. We'll announce when things are up to speed. Thanks! :)

Its still in beta and we are working out the bugs, so for now just use the normal forum links for the RP. We'll announce when things are up to speed. Thanks! :)

Oh. Well, my apologies then. I was just baffled by it's working and then not working. n.n

Fixed.

And yes, I know some of the forum sections in there say 0 posts.