Dio

As you all know, moving to a new board comes with its share of growing pains. Among these are forum bugs, some of them merely annoying while others are complete gamebreakers. The staff would like to thank you all for your patience as we get everything running again. In the meantime, you all can help us out by collecting data about the bugs when you find them. Having all of the bug information on hand will be critical in getting them all squashed quickly and thoroughly.

Please post here and include the following information when you discover a bug:

Name: Give it a name or at the very least a few descriptive words to make it easier for us to reference, track, and handle.

Section: what section of the boards you encountered the bug.

Browser: Chrome, Firefox, etc.

Description: A detailed description of bug. Be sure to include the following:

• Reproduction steps: Clearly explain the steps to reproduce the bug.
  • Expected result: What should happen when the bug occurs?
  • Actual result: What ACTUALLY happens when the bug occurs?

Edited by Diomedes
Streamlined the format a bit. Browser is more important in this case than OS and gamebreakers would crash the forum rather than just mess with the interface
  • Like 1

Well, I think this goes here. I don't think I'm not the only one having this problem, and you likely already know about it. Sorry if this is redundant. :oops:

Name: Avatar Upload Issue.

Section: My Profile/"Photo Editor"

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.8

Description: Any and all attempts to upload an avatar fail entirely.

Severity: gamebreaker.

Reproduction steps: First, I navigate to my profile. Then I click the corner of my avatar image where it says "change". A window titled "Photo Editor" pops up. From the listed choices, I choose "Use a custom photo". Next, I hit the button saying "Choose file". This allows me to browse the files on my computer. I then select an image from my files I wish to change my avatar to.

Expected result: I expect my avatar to change to the image I selected.

Actual result: The name of the selected file appears in the text box next to the "Choose file" button. There is no indication of anything beyond that occurring. Clicking "Done" closes to the "Photo Editor" but my avatar has not been changed.

Notes: I have tried several pictures. All different sizes and file formats. Nothing seems to provide any noticeable feedback.

EDIT: Not sure if this will be at all helpful, but I did about as much troubleshooting with the avatar options as I can do on my end and just thought I'd post some additional observations.

As far as I can tell the other two options from the "Photo Editor" popup seem to work perfectly for me. Entering gibberish into either the XBox and World of Warcraft options will produce broken images which do save to my avatar. I don't have an XBox or a copy of World of Warcraft to test if real information works, but I'll assume it does. I've also tried using three different internet browsers (Safari, Firefox and Opera), and as none of them worked, I can say that this probably isn't a browser specific issue.

One peculiar thing I noticed was that after selecting the other two options and then going back to the custom photo option, I can not get the selection to stay with that option anymore. If I activate that option's radio button, either by clicking it or selecting a file and then press "Done" and then go back into the Photo Editor, the selected option always reverts to the previous option I had selected. This makes me think the bug might be specifically with the custom photo option and how it stores and saves the data (or rather doesn't in this case...).

Well, I think this goes here. I don't think I'm not the only one having this problem, and you likely already know about it. Sorry if this is redundant. :oops:

Reproduction steps: First, I navigate to my profile. Then I click the corner of my avatar image where it says "change". A window titled "Photo Editor" pops up. From the listed choices, I choose "Use a custom photo". Next, I hit the button saying "Choose file". This allows me to browse the files on my computer. I then select an image from my files I wish to change my avatar to.

Actual result: The name of the selected file appears in the text box next to the "Choose file" button. There is no indication of anything beyond that occurring. Clicking "Done" closes to the "Photo Editor" but my avatar has not been changed.

Notes: I have tried several pictures. All different sizes and file formats. Nothing seems to provide any noticeable feedback.

same, win7 x64 firefox 9.0a1 nightly x64

Name: Unable to upload to the gallery.

Section: Gallery

Operating System: Windows XP, and Internet Eplorer 7.0.6000.17099

Description:

• Severity: gamebreaker.
  • Reproduction steps: I go to the gallery and click on upload in the upper right corner and an taken to a page headed;
  • Canterlot.com-->Gallery-->Upload Media. there is a blank bar undeneath it where it would appear text would go but clicking on it does not allow anything to be added there.
  • beneath that are two bars, both with buttons marked "Browse" clicking there brings up the box that lets me search my laptop for the pics I had uploaded before.
  • Expected result: once one or more boxes have a location to grab from, I assume the button would switch to "upload" or somethign similar, or a seperate button to appear.
  • Actual result: Nothing happens, even when I hit "Enter" and the addtress in the box is highlighted. Clicking help does not bring up anything detailing on how to upload or what to do if there is a problem.
  • Question; Am I supposed to create a gallery first? if so, how?

@Boss_Hoss1

What I see when I try to upload is this:

There is an empty box, a Browse button, a Clear Selection button, and next to that, an Upload button.

Do you see all of these, and if not, what is missing?

You'll need to create a New Album first. Once that's done, it should take you to a page with all the buttons I just mentioned.

However, I use Firefox, and you are using Explorer... this could be where the problem lies.

• Like 1

MyLittlePonyTails; There is no Clear Selection or Upload buttons, and where do I create an album at?

I will try firefox nd see what happens but I will need to find where to create an album too.

*edit*

Apparently the new forum has issues with my version of Internet Exploder.

Under Firefox, I am now getting options of "Select Album" and "New Album". Hopefully I will be posting pics in a few minutes...

*edit 2* I must report that apparently the blank bar I saw in IE is what was supposed to be the field "Selected album" appears in, and the second of two bars with a "browse" button was supposed to be "Clear Section" or "upload". If anyone reading this is seeing what I saw, maybe this will help you.

hi hi

Name: Gallery Aspect Ratio Bug

Section: Photo Gallery

Operating System: OS 10.4.11

Description: In Safari and Firefox: Some of the images in the photo gallery, especially wide images, get squished along the horizontal axis when they get automatically resized.

• Severity: Minor annoyance.
  • Reproduction steps: Go to the following address: " " then watch the aspect ratio of the image to see if it changes.
  • Expected result: The picture should load without altering its aspect ratio.
  • Actual result: The picture will start loading in the correct aspect ratio, but as the page loads, it will shrink along the horizontal axis to fit in the window pane, thus distorting the image.

EDIT: Not sure if this will be at all helpful, but I did about as much troubleshooting with the avatar options as I can do on my end and just thought I'd post some additional observations.

As far as I can tell the other two options from the "Photo Editor" popup seem to work perfectly for me. Entering gibberish into either the XBox and World of Warcraft options will produce broken images which do save to my avatar. I don't have an XBox or a copy of World of Warcraft to test if real information works, but I'll assume it does. I've also tried using three different internet browsers (Safari, Firefox and Opera), and as none of them worked, I can say that this probably isn't a browser specific issue.

One peculiar thing I noticed was that after selecting the other two options and then going back to the custom photo option, I can not get the selection to stay with that option anymore. If I activate that option's radio button, either by clicking it or selecting a file and then press "Done" and then go back into the Photo Editor, the selected option always reverts to the previous option I had selected. This makes me think the bug might be specifically with the custom photo option and how it stores and saves the data (or rather doesn't in this case...).

same, win7 x64 firefox 9.0a1 nightly x64

Okay, this is what i've figured out:

First, there is a size limit of 200kb- you cant upload anything larger as your avatar at this time.

Second: If I open my browser fresh and try to change my avatar- it will let me. I can cycle through as many pics as I want during that initial session (before I click the 'done' button), and it will load each image after i select it from the browse menu. Once I complete the process and change my avatar (which works successfully), any further attempt to use the image editor to select a new image through the browse feature s imply fails to 'refresh' to display my new avatar.

I can fix this by clearing my cache (this method works both in firefox and IE for me), and then re-open the image editor, select the image from the browse menu (the image will then refresh over my old avatar within the window), and then I can click done.

The other method is to close out of your browser entirely, then try again.

Hopefully this work around will allow everyone to change their avatars for the time being. I apologize for the issue, we'll definetly look into finding out what is causing the problem and get it fixed.

• Like 1

Avatars: FIXED - I seem to be able to change mine with no problems now.

Gallery Aspect Ratio Bug: No fault found? - Link provided; image seems fine. The image squishes slight when browser size is reduced past the image size. You can right click the image and select the next smallest size to view without distorting.

Name: Avatar(like a lot of other members)

Section: Um profile?

Browser: Firefox

I am still having trouble. I tried what Mane suggested and I am still experiencing problems. I uploaded something earlier and the image that was displayed was something completely different. I am unable to change it at all now.

First, there is a size limit of 200kb- you cant upload anything larger as your avatar at this time.

Second: If I open my browser fresh and try to change my avatar- it will let me. I can cycle through as many pics as I want during that initial session (before I click the 'done' button), and it will load each image after i select it from the browse menu. Once I complete the process and change my avatar (which works successfully), any further attempt to use the image editor to select a new image through the browse feature s imply fails to 'refresh' to display my new avatar.

I can fix this by clearing my cache (this method works both in firefox and IE for me), and then re-open the image editor, select the image from the browse menu (the image will then refresh over my old avatar within the window), and then I can click done.

Hopefully this work around will allow everyone to change their avatars for the time being. I apologize for the issue, we'll definetly look into finding out what is causing the problem and get it fixed.

Yeah, clearing the cache did the trick for me. The entire photo editor thing changed completely after I did that, and now it worked.

And now Applejack has returned. :smile: I am glad. Thanks!

Yeah, clearing the cache did the trick for me. The entire photo editor thing changed completely after I did that, and now it worked.

And now Applejack has returned. :smile: I am glad. Thanks!

I was able to pick 3 more pictures this time around. Eh I will just stick with Derpy for the time being. :P

We now have a workaround for weird formatting codes showing up in the post editor after the preview function is used. In the upper left-hand corner of the editor window is a button that looks like a lightswitch. When you see weird code start to appear, hit that button to switch it over to BBcode mode, then hit it again to switch it back into the rich text editor. That should remove the weird characters. Be advised that you will need to "flick the switch" every time you load up a new preview.

We now have a workaround for weird formatting codes showing up in the post editor after the preview function is used. In the upper left-hand corner of the editor window is a button that looks like a lightswitch. When you see weird code start to appear, hit that button to switch it over to BBcode mode, then hit it again to switch it back into the rich text editor. That should remove the weird characters. Be advised that you will need to "flick the switch" every time you load up a new preview.

I have a quite problem cause my browser miss some of the buttons like this switch and some others one, I don't blame here forum cause I know something is wrong on my PC.

The bug I want to report(Dunno if this is especially made or it is bug) We can't post more than 2 videos at once in one post and before We could post more than two ones, this will be fixed or gonna stay in this way?

Name: Reply/Posting/Editing post issue

Section: All

Operating System: Windows 7

Description: Can no longer ‘cut and paste’ WITHIN edited posts (still accepts OUTSIDE ‘cut and paste’ operations just fine) and can no longer post more than 5 images in a post (we could before).

Severity: Nothing to panic about, but annoying

Reproduction steps: Open up ANY post with the regular editor. Attempt to do a simple ‘cut and paste’ with your mouse. It won’t do it. Try to post more than five images in a post. The system will give you a message telling you you’re posting too many images in a post.

Expected result: Kind of expect these simple operations to work

Actual result: Already stated above.

Notes: Quirky things like these will happen in any massive upgrade. Not a big deal, just annoying, that’s all.

One more thing. Is there an automatic 'time out' mechanism for this new MB?

Noticed that this thing's been 'logging me out' from time to time as I post or surf here. Is that a quirk that can be fixed or a problem we're all just going to have to 'live with'?

Issue: Unable to browse forums on Tapatalk Ap.

Severity: Minor

I'm using a free Tapatalk ap on my android. The ap lets me get into unread posts, (thats how I got to this post) but I can't open the individual forum folders. When I click the folders, nothing happens.

Issue: Unable to browse forums on Tapatalk Ap.

Severity: Minor

I'm using a free Tapatalk ap on my android. The ap lets me get into unread posts, (thats how I got to this post) but I can't open the individual forum folders. When I click the folders, nothing happens.

Been some updates to tapatalk.

Open tapatalk and go to your favorites.

Remove Canterlot and re-add the same as before.

This will fix the problem and you'll have a nicer icon for the widget. :)

Noticed that this thing's been 'logging me out' from time to time as I post or surf here. Is that a quirk that can be fixed or a problem we're all just going to have to 'live with'?

Will need a little more info to go on.

I'm pretty sure you'd need to be idle for quite a fair while for it to log you out.

Reproduction steps: Open up ANY post with the regular editor. Attempt to do a simple ‘cut and paste’ with your mouse. It won’t do it. Try to post more than five images in a post. The system will give you a message telling you you’re posting too many images in a post.

Copy/paste & cut/paste seems fine here.

Yes, only 5 images & videos at a time.

2 options. Stop being spammy or make another post. :grin:

Copy/paste & cut/paste seems fine here.

Yes, only 5 images & videos at a time.

2 options. Stop being spammy or make another post. :grin:

Maybe I wasn't very clear about the copy/paste problem. I just attempted to use copy/paste function with my mouse in the text of THIS post, and it doesn't work. You can copy/paste text FROM OUTSIDE a post to any post with no problem at all. Sometimes I liked having the ability to copy/paste text previously written in a current post within that SAME post. Not a biggie, I can work around it by using my WP program, but it is an annoyance.

Wasn't attempting to 'spam bomb' the system, Artax. All I was attempting to do is recreated the illustrated Character Log I successfully set up in the previous MB, that's all. I'm not going to argue about it, if I can no longer have that, then that's fine. I can see where users could potentially 'abuse' the priviledge of posting walls of images in single posts.

Not trying to be Mr. Complaint (or act like my OC Saddlesore) but just wanted to bring these things to your attention.

Keep up the GREAT work on maintaining this wonderful world of Canterlot!

:grin:

I couldn't give more than 2 videos, You sure it is 5 images & videos at a time?

Originally it was one video per post. I noticed that myself this afternoon when I was repairing a thread. It has since been changed to five, so you may have been "caught" under the old setting before we updated it; give it another shot. :)

Did you log in with the "Remember Me" checkbox selected?

still not working, trying to upload a 157kb jpeg. cleared cache and totally restarted the browser.

also, why do some emoticons show as regular yellow faces and some others as :grin: ?